• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlmyc

Welp, no more creating new orders for myself (I'll keep ordered what I have though), as my job status is now up in the air as Target is leaving Canada, and well... That's where I work! So soon enough I'll be out of a job if I don't find anything else sooner.

So... sucks.

I'll still pre-order Bishoujo Zatanna

I hope everything works out for you. Good luck.

Welp, no more creating new orders for myself (I'll keep ordered what I have though), as my job status is now up in the air as Target is leaving Canada, and well... That's where I work! So soon enough I'll be out of a job if I don't find anything else sooner.

So... sucks.

Where in Canada are you?

Settin

That reflective base, they thought of everything for that figure.

Edit: Would this be up Settin's alley?

I'm guessing that would be a "yes".

I'm sure he'll make a post eventually.

qsGr2Vr.gif

Meyneth

Nice, I love those girls, will get the Vita games later
when I stop using all my money on figures.
I counted the new games as figure money (I don't even own a vita or ps4) xP

Damn, still gotta get them! I've only got the Homura gang. :p
They appeared two days in a row on Mandarake back in December (which is when I bought them). Just add the japanese search term for Senran Kagura to FigInStock.
Expect LOTS of body pillow covers to appear first though xD

So... sucks.

I heard that Target is going to be compensating their employees through this period, hope that everything goes well for you.

Einbroch

Banned

So... sucks.

I know that feel. I believe you'll find something better and be happier for it!

george_us

A lot of the Bishoujo figs have a similar face to me.
Middle pic? I think it's just a weird angle.
It could be just a weird angle? The lips are what's bothering in some shots but it others they look fine. After Jubilee though I should probably shut the fuck up and wait until the final product. Nice to see they figured out dem fishnets tho. Gives me hope we'll see Black Canary this year.

Luigi87

Check your PMs.

Replied.

my initial disappointment has passed and I'm now probably going to be buying it. I just can't say no to Zatanna.

She is tough to say no to...

I heard that Target is going to be compensating their employees through this period, hope that everything goes well for you.

Yeah, I don't know much about it however. Thanks.

I know that feel. I believe you'll find something better and be happier for it!

I hope so!

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

So... sucks.

Sorry to hear this. Good luck. I'm sure it'll all work out.

Yo FigureGAF!
Question, that hopefully some people may be able to give advice on. I'm a figure noob.
So I want to preserve a figure I have in the best possible condition (it's an Amiibo). But I'm not really too sure how to go about keeping it preserved like those 1970s Star Wars toys. I have open cardboard boxes, bubble wrap and plenty of Newspaper to use. But since I'm a newbie at this, is there anything else I should be wary of or advice anyone can give.

omlet

Yo FigureGAF!
Question, that hopefully some people may be able to give advice on. I'm a figure noob.
So I want to preserve a figure I have in the best possible condition (it's an Amiibo). But I'm not really too sure how to go about keeping it preserved like those 1970s Star Wars toys. I have open cardboard boxes, bubble wrap and plenty of Newspaper to use. But since I'm a newbie at this, is there anything else I should be wary of or advice anyone can give.

Don't open the original packaging. Keep it cool (not like "in the refrigerator" cool but like "in an air conditioned room" cool). You may also want to consider making sure some air can get inside the package otherwise you may accelerate plasticizer migration, especially if you store it at above 80F (though this won't really matter much if it is never actually opened).

I think trying to preserve an amiibo like this is kind of silly but if that's what you want to do then go for it.

RMI

Banned
Yo FigureGAF!

It's already opened? Well either way I don't think you would have to do anything special, just keep it in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight and free of dust and it should stay in good condition basically forever.

I can't cast a stone. I bought Beelzebub so I can't give anyone a hard time about buying seven sins figures, plus my Feb order is 3x as much as yours ._.

My February is Satan-chan, Fairy Garden Annabel, and Alphamax super-lewd Excellen Browning. I'm such an easy mark for curvy 1/6 figures.

chrono01

They did really good job of bring Misaki Kurehito's art to figure.
They did. I love Misaki Kurehito's art, in fact, I just had his art book ship from CDJapan.

It actually looks more like a Native piece than Alphamax/SkyTube, they've really come a long way.

I thought you meant that T2 gal from Native. I need the deets on that one, Chrono.
Pre-orders for her start on the 19th on Native's global site.

[NSFW?]

http://native-global.ecq.sc/

Price is unknown, as is month of release. She looks amazing, and I'll be pre-ordering her from N-Y when they offer her [since I can't pay up-front and Native still won't ship to Canada >_>].

I want that skytube figure
You do.

I actually really like the design and color of the Skytube figure. She's just a bit too lewd for me.
The color/design of her outfit is what interested me in the first place. It just so...pleasing.

He appears!

Damn it I'm so weeeaaakkkkkk!!

Criticize me.
You did the right thing.

Don't open the original packaging. Keep it cool (not like "in the refrigerator" cool but like "in an air conditioned room" cool). You may also want to consider making sure some air can get inside the package otherwise you may accelerate plasticizer migration, especially if you store it at above 80F (though this won't really matter much if it is never actually opened).

I think trying to preserve an amiibo like this is kind of silly but if that's what you want to do then go for it.

It's already opened? Well either way I don't think you would have to do anything special, just keep it in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight and free of dust and it should stay in good condition basically forever.

Preserving Amiibos. Huh.

Sorry, just messin' with you. Sort of.
Awesome thanks. I probably shouldn't have used the word preserve. It's actually because I have to send out a few Amiibos to people so what would be the best way of sending them(since FigureGAF would know how they would want their figures and stuff to arrive)? Jiffy bag, bubble wrap and a bit of card to protect. :)

That being said it does give me an idea to actually preserve one like those old vintage toys just for fun, ha.

Thanks for the advice anyway :)

chrono01

Why not BiJ? Pay now so future self can get free present from past-self.
I still need to know a few things before I can pay now, namely whether Narukami Yuno/Saotome Maria [Alphamax/SkyTube] and Satsuki [Phat Company] are being released this month. Saotome Maria and Narukami Yuno by themselves are costing me like over 30,000 yen [I just had to go with the bathtub for Maria, as well as AmiAmi bonus version for each -_-], so I'd rather not add to the destruction my wallet will likely experience this month. However, if both [or even Saotome Maria by herself] is delayed, I could manage it.

I just need those release dates!

It doesn't help the CDN dollar is weak. f I paid later on, there's a chance it could have improved by then. :/

darklin0

Banned
Alright I think I am done with preordering stuff cause I want to save up for a PS4 so I can play P5. Unless somehow GSC releases that Cordelia figure this year.

arue

What do you guys think of Nippon Yasan? I have found some figures there that are sold out on Amiami and their prices seem pretty reasonable (for the ones I'm buying, at least):
  • Nendoroid Kagamine Rin: 3600 yen
  • Nendoroid Kagamine Len: 4200 yen
  • Nendoroid Kuma: 4800 yen
  • Nendoroid Naegi Makoto: 3980 yen
Are they a better option than Mandarake if I want to hunt for an old figure?

Einbroch

Banned
I will never do business with Nippon-Yasan because of how they treated phoenix, but others will tell you they're fine.

If you don't know, phoenix bought a Snow Miku from NY. It was counterfeit, like obviously so. NY denied it twice, I believe. It took public shaming and GSC themselves investigating to rectify the situation, and even then I believe phoenix still had to pay shipping again.

NEVER FORGIVE, NEVER FORGET

omlet

Awesome thanks. I probably shouldn't have used the word preserve. It's actually because I have to send out a few Amiibos to people so what would be the best way of sending them(since FigureGAF would know how they would want their figures and stuff to arrive)? Jiffy bag, bubble wrap and a bit of card to protect. :)

Oh, you meant like packing them to ship?

A) If it's not opened, or if you can repackage it to be as good as new, put some packing/news paper or bubble wrap (or both) around it and put it in a box that has at least 1/2 inch of crush space all the way around. Make sure it can't rattle around too much. Additional paper or those little air bladders make great spacers for that.

B) If it is opened and you can't repackage it, I recommend first wrapping the figure in "fat" bubble wrap to give it a normalized shape (no limbs/weapons/etc. protruding) and taping the wrap so the figure doesn't fall out. Then treat that like the original package and follow the same advice as in A).

What do you guys think of Nippon Yasan? I have found some figures there that are sold out on Amiami and their prices seem pretty reasonable (for the ones I'm buying, at least):
  • Nendoroid Kagamine Rin: 3600 yen
  • Nendoroid Kagamine Len: 4200 yen
  • Nendoroid Kuma: 4800 yen
  • Nendoroid Naegi Makoto: 3980 yen

Which nendos are those for Rin and Len?

I seen at least three of them on sale for cheaper than that on Maadarake.

arue

I will never do business with Nippon-Yasan because of how they treated phoenix, but others will tell you they're fine.

If you don't know, phoenix bought a Snow Miku from NY. It was counterfeit, like obviously so. NY denied it twice, I believe. It took public shaming and GSC themselves investigating to rectify the situation, and even then I believe phoenix still had to pay shipping again.

NEVER FORGIVE, NEVER FORGET

I'm with you.
Except when Nippon-Yasan has something I really need that no one else has in-stock.

That's a shame. I guess I'll look on other websites first then.

Which nendos are those for Rin and Len?

I seen at least three of them on sale for cheaper than that on Maadarake.
Append version for both.

omlet

N-Y got a hard knock around here because they (accidentally) sold a bootleg nendoroid to a regular here. They were very stubborn about the whole issue and made a fool of themselves, but eventually made things right. That said, I think that is an outlier incident. Many people have bought from them before without issue. Just be wary if you are buying something with known bootlegs.

I would say they are not a better option than Mandarake if you are patient. Go to mandarake and search those nendo numbers you're looking for and I'm sure you will find better deals AND are guaranteed no bootlegs.

arue

N-Y got a hard knock around here because they (accidentally) sold a bootleg nendoroid to a regular here. They were very stubborn about the whole issue and made a fool of themselves, but eventually made things right. That said, I think that is an outlier incident. Many people have bought from them before without issue. Just be wary if you are buying something with known bootlegs.

I would say they are not a better option than Mandarake if you are patient. Go to mandarake and search those nendo numbers you're looking for and I'm sure you will find better deals AND are guaranteed no bootlegs.
You're completely right. I just checked figinstock for #302 Kagamine Len nendo and it was only 2000 yen three days ago on Mandarake (sold out though).

Thanks for the help guys!

chrono01

That new Native girl is releasing in August, according to Plastikitty. 14,815 JPY retail.
Sorry, I meant release dates for the other figures for this month [and whether they'll be delayed or not]. If two or more of them are delayed, such as Maria, then I can pre-order Nakahara Tomoe at BIJ, while paying up-front.

However, if nothing Is delayed [and I'm hit with that massive invoice from AmiAmi], I'd need to pre-order at N-Y [opting to pay later]. Unfortunately, Saotome Maria, Narukami Yuno, and Satsuki still don't have release dates [they just say "January", so it's possible they might be released or delayed further into the year. Nothing official yet, so I'm not sure what to do in-regard to Nakahara Tomoe. :(

But yeah, concerning N-Y, they're basically my site for exclusives that I absolutely cannot get anywhere else. Normally I pre-order them at BIJ [as I did with the Seven Deadly Sins], but as it happens with Nakahara Tomo, she's being released at a really sensitive time [financially] so it's either pre-order at N-Y, or skip her. I'd rather not do the latter. In general, I avoid N-Y though, for the reasons mentioned above.

Femto.

arue

Append Rin for 2.k

There was a Kuma one for 2k like last week but that probably was sold by now.

The most easy way is to just search "ねんどろいど" there and you can find everything they have.
Yeah I saw that Kuma several days ago and it was sold out already. I haven't used Japanese terms for nendos in figinstock, so that was very helpful, thanks.

omlet

A word of warning on figinstock search terms that I discovered recently... it seems that their search doesn't break apart your search terms and treats it as just one string, so if you do something like ねんどろいど ミク (that's Miku) you will get search results on mandarake but not on figinstock because the item name is usually something like "[Store name] Good Smile Company Nendoroid [no 999] [English Name] kana name" meaning the search term "as is" in FIS is not contained within the item name (even if you use kana) and on top of this mandarake item names are not named consistently.

Your best bet is to just do notifications by character name (or by nendoroid number). In either case you're going to get some notifications that aren't nendos, but it's better than missing out on something you wanted because you had a figinstock notification that was doing nothing based on a mandarake search that had results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom