• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit at those Wii U prices, hahahaha.

tumblr_n0br6hFLlt1rmjplho2_400.gif

chrono01

Did she sell out already? :O

Fuck dat price, tho.
I guess so? It said she was available when I posted that link. >_<

It's strange, considering she's not even available yet on Native's site. I'm guessing more will become available when she goes up for pre-order officially on the 19th. BIJ probably didn't want to take too many orders, since she's not technically available yet.

I'm guessing N-Y's price will be a lot better. BIJ tends to charge more, considering her base listed price is only ¥14815. That's quite the markup.

chrono01

Yep.

So will Native's shop just charge list price plus the flat-rate shipping?

Edit: Now she's available again....
Yeah, Native will charge the base price plus 2000 yen for EMS shipping. It's exactly the same as with GSC exclusives since GSC handles Native's distribution too [not surprising, since they're partnered companies].

So if you have the option of ordering from Native [which you do], it's definitely the better option. Just under 17,000 yen for EMS shipping, and you're not charged until a few days before it ships.

Unfortunately, I need to go the proxy route. :(

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Has anyone checked out this Solaris Japan site yet? They're advertising on MFC in like, a million different figure pages. Site seems legit, tho.

They are legit, that's where I got my Tsukasa Bullet Heatblade from, it was used, but the condition of the figure and box was like an Amiami A/A...

All depends on what your looking for, and if they have something you feel you need in stock and you know it's not super easy to pick up anymore.

Guess who showed up.

Nice to see one with the eyes looking in the same direction...

Happy with her?

Just wondering if anybody has used http://japan-best.com/? Saw a figure there that I wanted but wanted to get some of your guys/gals feedback on the site.

Heard of them but never used them, they are on the partners page on MFC, so they can't be that bad...

Wanderer5

Was looking through my local Barnes and Nobles and I notice they have a lot of stuff from Kotobukiya, 1/10 figures and mostly the Justice League stuff and Star Wars. The JL figures look decent enough through no windows for Star Wars. Also notice the Mario figure from S.H figureart. My B&N sure has a decent size toy and games section heh. They had some of the new bionicles, so I ended up getting the Protector of Jungle to go with Lewa.

Nice to see one with the eyes looking in the same direction...

Happy with her?

Yeah, very much so.
I'm glad I was able to see her in person at my LCS instead of playing the googly eye lottery with Sideshow. My cancelled statue is still sitting in a shipping container due to the port strike.

Now I wait for Gethsemoni, Kier and Vampirella....

MFC listing and concept art is up for the next Rockin' Jellybean girl from WING. Maybe NSFW.

A little sexier than I expected, but it looks promising. Like the tats. Hopefully she'll lack the torpedo nipples of the Devil's Cheerleader.

Anony

i went to a local anime/manga/whatnot shop, probably one of the biggest in toronto

oh man, all the prices or figurines and gunplas are marked up, 1.5-2-2.5x the original price
plus, our taxes are 13%

i dont understand how this store continues to be in business, i guess people just likes to buy overpriced stuff

for example)
the MG sinanji costed my 50 + ~15 (shipping) cad because the yen is ~ 100Y - 1CAD
they're selling it for 130$ plus taxes = 147$

one thing though is that they have samus figma $70 and toon link nend 50 or 60$, i forget
i'll might get the samus if i ever feel the itch to buy something

meijiko

i went to a local anime/manga/whatnot shop, probably one of the biggest in toronto

oh man, all the prices or figurines and gunplas are marked up, 1.5-2-2.5x the original price
plus, our taxes are 13%

i dont understand how this store continues to be in business, i guess people just likes to buy overpriced stuff

for example)
the MG sinanji costed my 50 + ~15 (shipping) cad because the yen is ~ 100Y - 1CAD

one thing though is that they have samus figma $70 and toon link nend 50 or 60$, i forget

Sadly this is what legit anime shops have to do to survive in NA. There's one back in Texas that I visit every time I visit home, and I always make sure to buy something, even if I know I can get it cheaper online. It just sucks to be an import shop because you have to a) pay expensive shipping b) pay rent c) pay import taxes and d) compete with the internet. I love physical shops because I get to talk to the employees that are often pretty knowledgeable, and give things a closer look that I might not have online, but there are very few good shops that have been able to survive. A lot of the ones I've seen pop up out of nowhere tend to sell straight-up bootlegs, which is always disappointing.

Wanderer5

The Master of Jungle now has a Protector of Jungle by his side.

DSCN0538_zps7f3594ec.jpg

Man think I kind of like the Protector more than Lewa.XD The bow is sick and he has some cool transparent pieces.

DSCN0537_zps7083a7ae.jpg

Also lol this was the week that I gotten archer characters.XD

plus, our taxes are 13%

for example)

The only anime shop in NYC marks up their price too. I really like and try to support local small businesses but its tough when I can buy the item from Japan and have it shipped here, and still be cheaper.

plus, our taxes are 13%

for example)

Out of curiosity, which shop was it?

Meyneth

A word of warning on figinstock search terms that I discovered recently... it seems that their search doesn't break apart your search terms and treats it as just one string, so if you do something like &#12397;&#12435;&#12393;&#12429;&#12356;&#12393;&#12288;&#12511;&#12463; (that's Miku) you will get search results on mandarake but not on figinstock because the item name is usually something like "[Store name] Good Smile Company Nendoroid [no 999] [English Name] kana name" meaning the search term "as is" in FIS is not contained within the item name (even if you use kana) and on top of this mandarake item names are not named consistently.

Your best bet is to just do notifications by character name (or by nendoroid number). In either case you're going to get some notifications that aren't nendos, but it's better than missing out on something you wanted because you had a figinstock notification that was doing nothing based on a mandarake search that had results.
Basically it's placing the alert using the terms that most often appear in the type of listing you want.
Nendos tend to have their numbers attached to their listing titles. Senran Kagura stuff tends to have the "Senran Kagura" title listed in Japanese rather than English (so you wouldn't use the English version for the alert).
If you're looking for prize figures, usually they list the figure with the makers name in the title (the kill la kill Satsuki and Ryuko usually have Sega in the listing title).

You'll have to do a little extra research if you plan to take no prisoners

taoofjord

Picked up Figuarts Mega Man Zero at a local comic book store on a whim... very disappointed yet again with Figuarts. Zero in particular has joints that are way too loose and he's so unbalanced that setting him up becomes extremely tedious. I definitely do not recommend this figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom