• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my Luigi from CDJapan today:
B7e0sZtIAAE8iQN.jpg:large

Not sure if I should keep it or give it away as a Christmas present :p

Kikirin

I just experienced the despair of having a pre-owned figure disappear in front of me for the first time. Ami-Ami had a B/B GSC Makise Kurisu going for a relatively-reasonable 11k. I was planning on making the purchase after work, but when I tied to check the page again minutes later... orz

omlet

I just experienced the despair of having a pre-owned figure disappear in front of me for the first time. Ami-Ami had a B/B GSC Makise Kurisu going for a relatively-reasonable 11k. I was planning on making the purchase after work, but when I tied to check the page again minutes later... orz

Know our suffering.

RMI

Banned
Asked Amiami to cancel an order today for the first time, it was easier and faster than expected. I'm pleasantly surprised :)

yeah I've canceled as many items as I've bought in the last year. As long as you're not abusive with the cancellations they really don't have anything to lose by letting you cancel here and there.

"planning on making the purchase after work", he says... haha... I have all of my amiami info saved in my phone browser for exactly this reason. If you see a pre-owned item you've been waiting on, snap it up because who knows when you'll get another chance.

omlet

"planning on making the purchase after work", he says... haha... I have all of my amiami info saved in my phone browser for exactly this reason. If you see a pre-owned item you've been waiting on, snap it up because who knows when you'll get another chance.

A rareish nendo I'm hunting popped up on mandarake at 4:30 AM last night. I woke up at 6 AM and saw the email but it was already long gone :(

Einbroch

Banned
They must've made like no DAL Nendos, because both of them are incredibly rare and almost never pop up. I had to go to eBay to get them.

If there's anything I've learned from scouring Ami preowned, it's that if you see something you want, you buy it there and then. I've lost stuff within minutes of opening an items page before now, you really do have to bite the bullet :\

Einbroch

Banned
#141 Youmu (Touhou). She shows up now and then but is always gone in minutes.

That's what you get for having good taste.

Sigh.

She just might have to be one I never have. No big deal but I won't pay a crazy price for her.

I noticed there was a store out in Cali that was putting up a lot of Nendos on eBay. I contacted them after buying their Yoshino and asked if they had a Tohka. They confirmed but didn't think she was very desirable so they sold it to me for $40 and just tossed it in the box with Yoshino. Wouldn't hurt contacting some of these stores to be put on a watch list, depending on how much you want her.

That's what you get for having good taste.

I noticed there was a store out in Cali that was putting up a lot of Nendos on eBay. I contacted them after buying their Yoshino and asked if they had a Tohka. They confirmed but didn't think she was very desirable so they sold it to me for $40 and just tossed it in the box with Yoshino. Wouldn't hurt contacting some of these stores to be put on a watch list, depending on how much you want her.

Her and last year's Snow Mike are the only ones from the past that I am really after. But both go for a lot of money. Good idea, I might try it.

tauke

That's why I'm pleasantly surprise to see both Yuri and Rita figures listed at AmiAmi preowned and was planning to get Rita only since her price is still ok... but nope better order both before it got snatch up by others.

Luckily the order went through and now I'm waiting for the shipping fees details.

Never hesitate or delay to grab a preowned figures at AmiAmi. Place the order immediately and if successful, your wallet will be thinner lol.

I noticed AmiAmi put some new Amiibos up andddddd they are all already gone.

/hops off the amiibo train

Yeah, can't even be bothered with that the way things are going. Being sold out faster than some rarer and expensive figures boggles my mind.

The only one that I will buy is ZSS, the rest (even the FE ones) I'm not sure.

Einbroch

Banned
Yeah, can't even be bothered with that the way things are going. Being sold out faster than some rarer and expensive figures boggles my mind.

The only one that I will buy is ZSS, the rest (even the FE ones) I'm not sure.

Nintendo is either holding stock back, creating artificial demand or is incompetent when it comes to mass production of basically anything.

Also, it's not that crazy. Amiibos are cheap and much easier to swallow as impulse preorders/purchases.

Also, fuck Amiibos. :p

So I guess I'll wait on labrys in the aftermarket. She still available and not to many orders her on mfc.

I-168 I'll get after market as well even though it's one of my prefer kantai fig.

Native and skytube are day one

Nintendo is either holding stock back, creating artificial demand or is incompetent when it comes to mass production of basically anything.

Also, it's not that crazy. Amiibos are cheap and much easier to swallow as impulse preorders/purchases.

Also, fuck Amiibos. :p

I think all of those are possible, probably doing A to create B.

RMI

Banned
A rareish nendo I'm hunting popped up on mandarake at 4:30 AM last night. I woke up at 6 AM and saw the email but it was already long gone :(

yeah, the super late/early figinstock notification is the worst. I hate waking up to hours old emails for figs I'm after. Talk about a shitty way to start the day.

yeah, the super late/early figinstock notification is the worst. I hate waking up to hours old emails for figs I'm after. Talk about a shitty way to start the day.

I wish I could just put them in a list and have my phone start ringing when their emails arrived.

Yeah, I know this might exist already.

Acid08

Banned
My EMS tracking has been sitting on Origin Post Is Preparing Shipment for more than two days now. My other packages all arrived in customs after less than 24 hours :/

Yeah, someone posted a link in the Amiibo thread. It was a wrap after that.

This morning when they put the new ones up I was half asleep looking at the Ami update and figured I might wait and order Toad when I got to work. Glad I changed my mind and ordered then....

Pulled this from my instagram. Crappy cellphone quality.

Really like the cute desks. I might buy a second set so I can fit the other two figures when they get released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom