• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acid08

Banned
First Mandarake order!

Nozomi prize fig. Gotta say, I'm actually super impressed with the quality on these. They look great in person(excuse my poor camera lighting -_-)

iG6YNCsJ4DsZb.JPG

Sonico After Bath. I'm not a huge fan of Sonico but I really like how....understated(?) this one is. Her figures are usually so boisterous and lewd but this one is pretty subdued and looks really nice. For only 1k, I'm super happy with it.

P.O.P Nami Crimin' Version. I'm actually a little disappointed in this one. Thinking back on it now my expectations should've been lowered, it's a figure that came with a book. It still holds the P.O.P. name but it isn't as high quality as the other P.O.P. figs I've seen. The paint job on the hair in particular isn't nearly as good as it is on the Sailing Again version. Still though, it's Nami in a bikini, hard to be too disappointed! And it was priced appropriately.

Got one more Mandarake order on the way then I'm just playing the waiting game to see what gets delayed at AmiAmi.

RMI

Banned
Sonico After Bath. I'm not a huge fan of Sonico but I really like how....understated(?) this one is. Her figures are usually so boisterous and lewd but this one is pretty subdued and looks really nice. For only 1k, I'm super happy with it.

I don't care at all about Sonico but for 1k you could do a whole lot worse than this.

Settin

This is like the sequel to Native's Sonico :p

I really like the character design of Sonico, but absolutely hate that the figures never present her in a half decent way. Might have to track that one down.

Guys, I need help from the Gundam / mecha collectors here: how is the Robot Spirits line, are they fine for the money invested? I'm planning on getting one Gundam, and the first one that came to mind was a Robot Spirits one that I found.

My friend is telling me to buy the 1/100 version of it, but just thinking about putting it together makes my skin crawl.

omlet

Who was it that had those nendos set up on the interlocking shelf from Target?

Was it a pain to mount it? I was out today and went by there and measured one of those and they aren't designed for standard wall stud spacing, wtf?

Acid08

Banned
Guys, I need help from the Gundam / mecha collectors here: how is the Robot Spirits line, are they fine for the money invested? I'm planning on getting one Gundam, and the first one that came to mind was a Robot Spirits one that I found.
It seems like some are better than others but overall they're pretty good. They're pretty small too. I have one that I'm pretty happy with, vastly prefer Gunpla though. Which one are you looking at?

It seems like some are better than others but overall they're pretty good. They're pretty small too. I have one that I'm pretty happy with, vastly prefer Gunpla though. Which one are you looking at?

Thanks man, I appreciate the info. The model though it is a bit embarassing to tell, I'll just say that when I showed it to my friend he laughed and said that he thought it was a mexican gundam. I liked the pilot, though, so that's the main reason I want to buy it.

Deathscythe Hell version.

All my fucking dioder lights keep falling down in my detolfs and is driving me nuts

Gonna superglue them on or something at this point

Also if a figure has an accident what do you guys use to fix it? I superglued a batman and it stripped the paint right off

Luckily it was just an action figure in this scenario and not something important

Zerojul

Thanks man, I appreciate the info. The model though it is a bit embarassing to tell, I'll just say that when I showed it to my friend he laughed and said that he thought it was a mexican gundam. I liked the pilot, though, so that's the main reason I want to buy it.

Deathscythe Hell version.
Deathscythe is awesome.
With that said, Robot Damashii are very nice for their size, but really really small in person. And gunpla is more fun :)

Ding Dong feasts on the brains of Vocaloids now
You calling him Ding Dong ;D? So you've watched the Cantonese version =P? Shame the voice actor died recently =(

Guess I'll post images that a quick glance, I think wasn't posted:
Kill la Kill/Gurren Lagann fans?
Gridman

This week's Animator Expo is Gridman, a treat from director Akira Amemiya (Gurren Lagann, Inferno Cop), character designer Yusuke Yoshigaki (Black Rock Shooter, Kill ka Kill) and studio Trigger. There's not much to say about the story except that it's Ultraman meets Getter Robo with callbacks to classic tokusatsu and transforming robot shows. Grab the popcorn and sit down for a sizzle reel of pure sakuga action.

Official homepage: http://animatorexpo.com/gridman/
Touken+Ranbu

The only thing sharper than the sword is the gaze of the man who holds it. Be still my beating heart! Touken Ranbu, a browser game from DMM and Nitro+, makes you the master of anthropomorphic Japanese blades. Expand your territory, create new sword boys through metallurgy and raise horses in what could be the otome answer to Kancolle.

Official homepage: http://www.dmm.com/lp/game/toukenranbu/index001_html/=/navi=none/?utm_campaign=olg_79_iido_213&utm_content=olg&utm_source=insideg&utm_medium=display

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

My friend is telling me to buy the 1/100 version of it, but just thinking about putting it together makes my skin crawl.

Straight build is pretty easy, I do it while watching anime. Just don't rush the whole kit in one day, do a little bit a day or you will get burn out pretty easily. Then again, may be it won't be worth it to get all the tools just for one kits, but you can't get the same satisfaction from buying Robot Spirits.

You will need hobby snapper, hobby knife(at least 2 extra blades for one MG), 3M sandpaper 1000 or 1500 grit in amazon or any auto store, Gundam marker pour type for panel lines, flat top coat. This should get you started on straight build.

----------------------

If I already own the adult Fate, buying the young one shouldn't count as breaking "no duplicate character" rule. Yep because technically all the cell in your body changed after you became adult, so it is like a entire different person!

Deathscythe is awesome.
With that said, Robot Damashii are very nice for their size, but really really small in person. And gunpla is more fun :)

Straight build is pretty easy, I do it while watching anime. Just don't rush the whole kit in one day, do a little bit a day or you will get burn out pretty easily. Then again, may be it won't be worth it to get all the tools just for one kits, but you can't get the same satisfaction from buying Robot Spirits.

You will need hobby snapper, hobby knife(at least 2 extra blades for one MG), 3M sandpaper 1000 or 1500 grit in amazon or any auto store, Gundam marker pour type for panel lines, flat top coat. This should get you started on straight build.

Thanks for the information guys, I'll keep that in mind if when I get mine.

omlet

If I already own the adult Fate, buying the young one shouldn't count as breaking "no duplicate character" rule. Yep because technically all the cell in your body changed after you became adult, so it is like a entire different person!

I like how you think.

Settin

This rule is for chumps. I even get alt colors if I really like the figure.

Ryuuroden

----------------------

Lol, I was thinking the same thing. That is a classy looking young fate and is not lewd so yeah....tempting. I also own the adult one

I've never noticed this before, but is it normal for Mandarake confirmation emails to not have the state you live in on it, and only your name, street, town and zip?

Toki767

I've never noticed this before, but is it normal for Mandarake confirmation emails to not have the state you live in on it, and only your name, street, town and zip?

I always thought they don't even ask for a state when checking out either. Maybe I'm confusing them with another Japanese website though. Zip code is enough to find where you live though at least.

Meyneth

Mine don't list the state.
It'll only list the state if you fill it in on the address form. They never listed that I lived in Ontario, but since I started adding it to the form the shipping cost went down a little. I don't know of it actually made a difference, or if I'm just ordering lighter things?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom