• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive me figureGAF, I went on and bought this:

Here, use this for your support. They even come in pairs:

chopsticks.jpg

chrono01

Not with that attitude it won't.
:(

I'm curious, why wouldn't they? Surely would be a guaranteed hit considering how much people want that figure. Is it just the limited nature of these things?
Something to do with them "misplacing the mold used in their creation" or something, I don't really know.

I'm not sure why they wouldn't want to do it, since demand is obviously there. They must have their reasons, though.

johnsmith

remember me
Alter doesn't often do re-releases. Nor does Max Factory.

Personally, I would love a reissue of GSC Kino.

False. Alter rereleases all the time. Dizzy, the hyakka ryouran girls, Panty, Momohime. Max Factory less so, but they did rerelease almost all of their Nintendo stuff. But yeah Yoko's never getting rereleased

omlet

I thought everything was scheduled for April?
You mean February, right? ;_;

Nendoroid Batman
Puella Magi Madoka Magica Figure: Devil Homura 1/8
God Eater 2 - Ciel 1/8
Hyakka Ryoran - Inshun Hozoin 1/8
Yosuga no Sora - Sora Kasugano Black Chinese Dress Ver. 1/7
Kantai Collection Aircraft Carrier Wo-class 1/8

$623+s/h
RIP my wallet next month if nothing gets delayed...
Please get delayed, Inshun and Sora...

I'm curious, why wouldn't they? Surely would be a guaranteed hit considering how much people want that figure. Is it just the limited nature of these things?

But why don't they do them? What's the logic there? Just to keep them limited?

Licensing probably.

I think Bombless has a point here. You would think that Gainax would be doing just about anything for money nowadays after their "death," but there's barely any new Gurren Lagann merchandise these days aside from that new Yoko revoltech
which I hate myself for ordering.
It's honestly surprising that Gurren Lagann doesn't have as much figures as NGE, I'll admit that it will never have the cultural significance that NGE has but it's still a landmark show.

Acid08

Banned
Just got my payment request from Ami, only pre-owned stuff since Sepang Miku got delayed.

2012 Racing Miku 1/7
Ques Q Elizabeth Christmas Ver
P.O.P LE Nami repaint

EMS shipping

19,640k total

Meyneth

You mean February, right? ;_;

Nendoroid Batman
Puella Magi Madoka Magica Figure: Devil Homura 1/8
God Eater 2 - Ciel 1/8
Hyakka Ryoran - Inshun Hozoin 1/8
Yosuga no Sora - Sora Kasugano Black Chinese Dress Ver. 1/7
Kantai Collection Aircraft Carrier Wo-class 1/8

$623+s/h
RIP my wallet next month if nothing gets delayed...
Please get delayed, Inshun and Sora...
Nah, I mean April:
-Racing Miku 2014
-Maiko Mami
-Nendo Seishirou
-Flare Elin
-Koto Sakura
-CuPoche Homura school ver.
-Figma Lucina (x3)
-Furyu Chifuyu
-D4 Fire Emblem rubber key chains (the two new sets)

May and June also look a little heavy too, but that's mainly because figma horses. :)

omlet

Hmm...Kirigiri is down to $56 on Amazon Japan. About $66 shipped to the US. So tempted.

I'm a little surprised she's gone down that much. It's a very nice figure. I liked it enough to even buy it before even knowing who she was, though I didn't get it right at release (got a preowned for about 8k). You should get one, that's a really good price.

So I was just browsing N-Y because reasons, and they're selling Koto's 1/6 Asuka Q for 23k. WAT?

I own her, but I didn't think her price went anywhere near that high. I need the 1/6 Ayanami from the same set.... N-Y wants 8.2k, which is a bit steep. I may just bite the bullet and buy her from Koto's US shop. They still have a few in stock.

omlet

Nah, I mean April:
-Racing Miku 2014
-Maiko Mami
-Nendo Seishirou
-Flare Elin
-Koto Sakura
-CuPoche Homura school ver.
-Figma Lucina (x3)
-Furyu Chifuyu
-D4 Fire Emblem rubber key chains (the two new sets)

May and June also look a little heavy too, but that's mainly because figma horses. :)
Oh yeah Elin is April... preorders closed while I was still debating her so I think maiko Mami is my only April thing at the moment. That amiami blog post for Elin is making me regret that a little bit.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Mimi/Palmon and Koushiro/Tentomon showed up on eBay by a reputable seller. More than I wanted to spend but.... I needed them and they will probably raise in price later on anyways. Taichi and Yamato sure did and the first printing with the cards still hold their value!

Darn figures...

After Ami sends you a payment request is it possible to change the shipping? Do you just have to contact them?

IIRC you can, right before you confirm. But other members here can confirm that better.

(I think I almost did it today, but EMS was expensive as fuuudge).

*walks in and introduces himself*

Hello FigureGaf! I use to collect, alot. Now I've past that on to my oldest son and live vicariously through his collection (most of which I get for him). Just checking things out and seeing what people collect.

After a large purge my collection consists of...

Palisades Muppet figures and playsets.

Sideshow Muppet busts.

GI Joe Sigma 6 8" figure sets. 1 complete set packaged(including variants and package variants), 1 complete set opened (including variants). And a bunch of extras.

Oh and series 1 and 2 of Funko Pop Game of Thrones figures (resisting the urge to catch up on those).

So um...Hey!

omlet

After Ami sends you a payment request is it possible to change the shipping? Do you just have to contact them?

Yes, you go through the whole checkout process once your order is ready, so you can see the shipping costs at that time and pick what you want.

*walks in and introduces himself*

Hello FigureGaf! I use to collect, alot. Now I've past that on to my oldest son and live vicariously through his collection (most of which I get for him). Just checking things out and seeing what people collect.

After a large purge my collection consists of...

Palisades Muppet figures and playsets.

Sideshow Muppet busts.

GI Joe Sigma 6 8" figure sets. 1 complete set packaged(including variants and package variants), 1 complete set opened (including variants). And a bunch of extras.

Oh and series 1 and 2 of Funko Pop Game of Thrones figures (resisting the urge to catch up on those).

So um...Hey!

Welcome!

Acid08

Banned
IIRC you can, right before you confirm. But other members here can confirm that better.

(I think I almost did it today, but EMS was expensive as fuuudge).

Yeah. You can do that when you confirm payment. If you want to change payment type, then you need to modify the order and wait for a new payment request.

Yes, you go through the whole checkout process once your order is ready, so you can see the shipping costs at that time and pick what you want.

Cool, thanks guys! I think I'll change the shipping on the above order to SAL Reg. since I'm not really in a rush to get them. I might just do EMS on brand new items.

Edit: Or I won't since the only other option is SAL Parcel for 400 yen less, no thanks.

I almost bought a figure for somebody else, but this month I'm getting wrecked already. Hopefully I did not make a mistake, and I'll be able to get the figure later.

Please god, do not make me regret not getting this figure.

Meyneth

I would, but goddamn these things are expensive, more than 3k for the sets.
I already have the other sets so I thought I should just get the remaining ones.

Oh yeah Elin is April... preorders closed while I was still debating her so I think maiko Mami is my only April thing at the moment. That amiami blog post for Elin is making me regret that a little bit.
Didn't they reopen the Elin orders? I thought I saw it on the FrontPage again.

apricot

My first (scaled) fig preorder, waiting for it to be ready to shipppp

18101204.jpg

Anyone have any experience preordering figures from Jlist? I wouldn't normally order from them with their massive markup, but I had some affiliate credit... I hope they don't take as long as Crunchyroll to get their preorders out >_<

Meyneth

Oh wow
I hope this encourages Flare to snatch up other garage kits though.

My first (scaled) fig preorder, waiting for it to be ready to shipppp

Anyone have any experience preordering figures from Jlist? I wouldn't normally order from them with their massive markup, but I had some affiliate credit... I hope they don't take as long as Crunchyroll to get their preorders out >_<
That means you've already paid for the figure right? Then as soon as they get the figure they ship it straight away. They'll send it through your country's postal service usually (unless you chose another option).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom