• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

meijiko

I didn't expect to find anything looking at the preowned section... I was a little tempted by the Melissa Seraphy nendo, since I've wanted her for parts for a while, but decided my January is big enough to live without her for now.

Then I found this.

T7l5oib.jpg

I didn't even know this Princess Crown figure existed. 1.7k is pretty much pocket change so I snagged her. No regrets, even if she's not the best-looking.

Meyneth

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I must resist, but so much life in this figure.

EDIT: All right, found something that will make me forget this figure - prone to leaning due to that shitty one leg pose.
That Kat is surprisingly heavy/sturdy (I have her). I would be Super surprised if she started leaning.

I did. They replied saying that they were backed up due to a large number of orders, and I can understand that.

However, taking two weeks to ship an item? That's a bit excessive in my mind. :(
Maybe the item you bought is in high demand? I only ordered gashapons, and I didn't contact jlist about Steins Gate until a month later. :S

Giolon

Alright so this has cemented it. Im going to start painting GKs. I've heard mixed things about this site but these figs are great.

My friend bought the Alicia from them. It wasn't very good. Her eyes were totally the wrong shape and didn't live up to their photos.

However, I own a different figure from E2046, Yamashita Shunya's Karin with legs, and she's pretty nice.

My friend bought the Alicia from them. It wasn't very good. Her eyes were totally the wrong shape and didn't live up to their photos.

However, I own a different figure from E2046, Yamashita Shunya's Karin with legs, and she's pretty nice.

This Alicia has pretty good reviews. They aren't that expensive so I would be willing to take the risk. Thanks for the info though.

rubius01

Alright so this has cemented it. Im going to start painting GKs. I've heard mixed things about this site but these figs are great.

Yeah, these guys are kinda strange. On the one hand they are bootlegs as far as I can tell, but they are bootlegs of stuff that is years out of print.

I've got a couple of Kannus from them and they were fine (my paint job is mediocre, but hey, they were fun to make)

Hi figure Gaf. I've never bought a figure...i've never been into figures...but then I saw this:

marvel-jubilee-bishoujo-statue.jpg

I went from couldn't careless about Figures to I MUST HAVE THIS in about 2 seconds. Is this normal? Am I about to go broke...

Also, this is about 65 bucks. Is that a good price for this type of quality?

Hi figure Gaf. I've never bought a figure...i've never been into figures...but then I saw this:

I went from couldn't careless about Figures to I MUST HAVE THIS in about 2 seconds. Is this normal? Am I about to go broke...

prob could get it for around 50-55 on amazon, not sure when the release date it for US

Giolon

Hi Caleb,

Kotobukiya's Bishoujo figures almost all get a US release these days. Amazon is showing March 4 for Jubilee. If you wait until April-June, you'll likely be able to get her for $50-$55. Wait much longer than that and she might start to climb in price.

As for being normal, yes it's totally normal
None of us are normal

That's a pretty normal feeling around here. Price seems about right for that fig, Ragingnight has a point though, look around a bit and you're bound to find a lower price somewhere.

prob could get it for around 50-55 on amazon, not sure when the release date it for US

oh i see. I saw this via crunchyroll. I checked amazon it looks like march 3 is the date. Thanks for the heads up i'm seeing a lot of kool stuff on there. I'm guessing amazon typically has the lowest/lower prices?

That's a pretty normal feeling around here. Price seems about right for that fig, Ragingnight has a point though, look around a bit and you're bound to find a lower price somewhere.

Hi Caleb,

Kotobukiya's Bishoujo figures almost all get a US release these days. Amazon is showing March 4 for Jubilee. If you wait until April-June, you'll likely be able to get her for $50-$55. Wait much longer than that and she might start to climb in price.

As for being normal, yes it's totally normal
None of us are normal

Haha thanks yall. I will keep this in mind.

Giolon

oh i see. I saw this via crunchyroll. I checked amazon it looks like march 3 is the date. Thanks for the heads up i'm seeing a lot of kool stuff on there. I'm guessing amazon typically has the lowest/lower prices?

Only for this particular line of figures because they get a US release. AmiAmi.com and 1999.co.jp/Eng (HobbySearch) typically have the lowest prices for importing direct from Japan.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I'll bite when they do a fox-eared Elin archer.

I love Idolmasters' Takane, but none of her figures have really tempted me unfortunately.

apricot

Thanks for the responses about Jlist, everyone!

I actually got an email saying it's being prepared NOW, so hopefully it doesn't take a week to actually get shipped XD;;

I think I may have dodged a bullet with shipping costs – folks on MFC are saying Aoba is nuts for shipping, but I only paid $36.39 for EMS shipping for him + a few other items. Maybe Jlist factors some shipping expenses into the item prices and that's why their figures are so expensive?

Vlaphor

It's official. Kongiku is headed to my house at the low cost of 12,680 yen. Now I just have to sell a few spare things to help pay for the cost (have the money, but need to be a bit more frugal with it).

Coreda

The thread seems mostly focused around anime/comic franchises, but do figurines exist of males modeled after classical/larger than life proportions and poses?

The right painting is of course a woman, but many women painted by Michelangelo were rendered with male-like figures.

Giolon

Well, it's something I guess :p The articulation is actually quite neat. It's funny how there are female figurines in all kinds of shapes and sizes, even something almost grotesquely muscular like the Amazon Dragon's Crown figurine yet little for beautifully proportioned males. I'm sure they're out there.

The market is targeted at the otaku market who buy these things. I doubt we're even a blip on their radar.

That being said, the female otaku/fujoshi market has been growing fast over the last couple years. Male fanservice shows have started to get some figures, like Free!

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/166705
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/176651

Also people who like guys seemed to go gaga over this guy such that he even got a re-release:
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/116883

Alter even has their own entire line of bishounen figures:
http://www.alter-web.jp/altair/index.html

So, while they aren't as common as female figures, or as popular around here, they are out there - and there are quite a few. If you want to come in and drool over male figures, by all means please do. There are others who will get excited with you.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

The stripes and camouflage going to be a huge pain, imagine all those goddamn masking tapes....

Btw, E2046 has a wide selections, but based on a few reviews gk-model has better quality, both in molding and nub placement. I think they have the same Alicia, if you ever decide going to the next level.

If I ever start garage kit, after finishing all my gunpla backlog, my goal:

Bombless

I didn't expect to find anything looking at the preowned section... I was a little tempted by the Melissa Seraphy nendo, since I've wanted her for parts for a while, but decided my January is big enough to live without her for now.

Then I found this.

T7l5oib.jpg

I didn't even know this Princess Crown figure existed. 1.7k is pretty much pocket change so I snagged her. No regrets, even if she's not the best-looking.

Meijiko, I was jealous about your witches collection but your armoured girls collection just took that crown. She's a steal for 1.7k!

Edit : Welcome newcomers and freshly unlurking lurkers!

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes

Good choices, and good luck, looking forward to see how you fare.

Just some tips from someone who used to do this: The more time you spend prepping it, sanding and smoothing out the rough bits, and filling the tiny holes with putty, the better it'll look when your done. Never use super glue, always use two part epoxy, and also never sand resin without a face mask and gloves, resin dust is extremely harmful breathe in. Also since your buying from e2046, join the forum there, you can't see anything unless you join, but the place can be a huge resource...
---------------

So my Ninja girl seems lost in the mail, and Amiami have another one up, but I can't bring myself to purchase it, it's like I have this tiny, little, microscopic, itty-bitty, small chance of still, maybe, getting her...

I think others call it hope...

Takane Shijou
2015 by gsckahotan

♡ Ohimechin! ♡

♥︎ Happy Birthday!! ♥︎
o0515072913194200422.jpg

♡♥︎♡♥︎♡♥︎♡♥︎♡♥︎♡

Hello everyone, Kahotan here! (@gsc_kahotan)

I hope everyone is having a lovelyevening! Today I’m going to be taking a look at Phat Company’s 1/8th scale…

Takane Shijou!♪
o0515075413194200100.jpg

From the anime series ‘IDOLM@STER’ comes a 1/8th scale figure of the idol with a refined but mysterious atmosphere about her, Takane Shijou! The pose is based on the illustration by director Atsushi Nishigori seen on the 6th volume of the Blu-ray & DVD jacket for the anime series!

Takane has been sculpted in an elegant pose with her finger to her lips as she looks ahead with a slight twist in her hips. The tips of her hair make use of translucent parts which help emphasize the mysterious atmosphere about her.
==========================================
Preview: RAH Archer by MEDICOM TOY

I am the servant you summoned. Naturally, I am the strongest.

Hey there, Shizu Mecha here. Fate/stay night [Unlimited Blade Works] fans' long wait for Rin's servant has finally come to an end! Following Saber, Archer is the second Fate servant to get the RAH treatment.

RAH Archer [MEDICOM TOY]

---------------------------------------------------------

======================================
Preview: Petit Chara Land - NARUTO Shippuden: Uzumaki Naruto Special Dattebayo! by MegaHouse
Hey there, Shizu Mecha here. If you are like me you can identify important periods of your life by what was happening in Naruto at the time. Well, the story is over but life goes on. Thankfully so do the series' figure releases!

Petit Chara Land - NARUTO Shippuden: Uzumaki Naruto Special Dattebayo! [MegaHouse]

Naruto Uzumaki (boy)

-------------------------------------------------------------

========================================
ZOIDS IRON KONG
o0515068513195005659.jpg

The Iron Kong is a Gorilla-type ZOID, one of the rare ZOIDS developed in the image of wild species. It is well equipped for leading the charge into battle with its superior hand-to-hand combat, high-speed and manoeuvrability. The three spinning saws equipped on its arms allow it to move through almost any terrain, allowing it to cut a path through the Helic Republic for friendly soldiers.

threezero has sculpted this Iron Kong based on the designs found in the publication ‘ZOIDS concept art’. They have kept all the finest details, but shrunk the design down to 1/72nd scale, which makes the model stand 26cm in height. The weathered paintwork gives the figure a truly metallic texture, making it look incredibly realistic.

The figure also boasts over 50 points of articulation, including his mouth, arms, the spinning saws, his fingers and parts of the backpack. Two pilots are included and can ride inside the cockpit, and the cockpit and eyes also feature a light-up effect.
------------------------------------------------------
o0515034313195009658.gif

-------------------------------------------------------
o0515045113195005937.jpg

o0515034313195009659.gif

o0515045413195005935.jpg

Arkadios

Well, it's something I guess :p The articulation is actually quite neat. It's funny how there are female figurines in all kinds of shapes and sizes, even something almost grotesquely muscular like the Amazon Dragon's Crown figurine yet little for beautifully proportioned males. I'm sure they're out there.

I think it would be cool if more figures from classic sculptures were made. Not only would serve as anatomy reference for artists but also would please a lot of male fanservice fans. Like seriously(NSFW, I guess?):

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/cf/b7/2e/cfb72e0895bb094e94bb88fd7b86964c.jpg

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/29/1d/90/291d90c20e6fac6f5b1c7614168c4baa.jpg

Yaari

Awesome KanColle Vita. But I just bought that Doko Demo Vita. Can't justify getting another one.

It will probably sell out quickly eh. Quite popular after all.

Edit: Oh wow, it's a face cover. Eh. But how does that work. Is it like a sticker?

omlet

Welp! Whought I'd sleep on the Elin slayer decision and order it today if I was still feeling it, but HLJ stopped preorders last night lol. Oh well.

At least I got that Shimakaze for a great price last night...

Medicchu wo is so cute lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom