• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know omg look at Haru

3e4a4bdd-s.jpg

Where can I get this shopping set?

Also, I have something to unbox today :)

Here'so a clue: !

RMI

Banned
had a weird -$370 transaction in my checking account, turns out it was a check i wrote for some wedding expenses back in December that just got deposited now. There goes my budget for a while. Time to sell some comics on ebay or something.

Ryuuroden

I wish I'd have got that half damage kongou. Please stop posting it.

I will make sure to post lots of pictures when she arrives

Welp! Whought I'd sleep on the Elin slayer decision and order it today if I was still feeling it, but HLJ stopped preorders last night lol. Oh well.

At least I got that Shimakaze for a great price last night...

Medicchu wo is so cute lol

I went to that Elin site like last night right after I saw johnsmith had posted it and it was already down for no more preorders. I also have been contemplating it and honestly it gives me vibes of being another Momohime. Those colors it has and all. Just seems so vibrant and well done. So I am kinda mad I missed out.

had a weird -$370 transaction in my checking account, turns out it was a check i wrote for some wedding expenses back in December that just got deposited now. There goes my budget for a while. Time to sell some comics on ebay or something.

I hate it when that sort of thing happens. Right now I am juggling all sorts of costs everywhere but I should be fine. I am saying that as I am about to go to target as they have marked LEGO clearance down to 70% off msrp....I am realizing the downsides to owning your own business when you know the money that is coming in before it does and the dates you will get it cause it has opened up my wallet already -.- When you are the guy on top you can plan ahead much easier and that's a bad thing if you always used the ability not to know ahead of time to convince yourself to be frugal in the past.

So asking for some advice. Best/cheapest place to get the Nendoroid Red? Cheapest one on ebay would be about $125. But I seen some completed auctions that landed in the $70-$80 range around Christmas time. I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance.

omlet

So asking for some advice. Best/cheapest place to get the Nendoroid Red? Cheapest one on ebay would be about $125. But I seen some completed auctions that landed in the $70-$80 range around Christmas time. I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance.

The reason it was in the 70-80 range around Christmas was because he got a limited release via Pokemon Center around Christmas for $50 and so people were flipping them for a quick buck. Those are long gone so you're gonna be stuck paying over $100 for Red, probably. He's still like 15000 yen for an import last time I saw.

Welp, as I said in the amiibo thread, my friend's birthday is coming, and he wanted to get the Mega Man amiibo but couldn't find one. Guess what's going to happen next?

Many sleepless nights F5ing AmiAmi.

If I can't find one I'll just give him mine.

Welp, as I said in the amiibo thread, my friend's birthday is coming, and he wanted to get the Mega Man amiibo but couldn't find one. Guess what's going to happen next?

Alternative: He's sat on Amazon JP to preorder for about 1,000 yen.

The reason it was in the 70-80 range around Christmas was because he got a limited release via Pokemon Center around Christmas for $50 and so people were flipping them for a quick buck. Those are long gone so you're gonna be stuck paying over $100 for Red, probably. He's still like 15000 yen for an import last time I saw.

Dangit! Missed that boat I guess. I picked up Link for my son at Christmas time. Didn't know that the Red would be harder to find/more expensive. So 15000 yen works out to about 156.95 Canadian. What are some stores that would carry it?

omlet

Dangit! Missed that boat I guess. I picked up Link for my son at Christmas time. Didn't know that the Red would be harder to find/more expensive. So 15000 yen works out to about 156.95 Canadian. What are some stores that would carry it?

He appears rarely on Mandarake, a store that deals purely in secondhand items http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/e...all&keyword=ねんどろいど+red&searchStrategy=keyword (include out of stock items to see price history; none are in stock right now).

Amiami has removed/hidden their listing for him (happens to some things after selling out), but they might get a preowned.

If you use figinstock I recommend setting up a notification for mandarake for the keyword レッド and for amiami you can try "nendoroid red" The mandarake alert might send you some false positives (other items with レッド in the title that aren't the nendo) so you should memorize what nendoroid looks like in Japanese so you can tell from the title if it's what you want (the price will also be a good indication). Nendoroid = ねんどろいど

You could also subscribe to comments on MFC as sometimes that's a quick way to get alerts if people are posting links to shops http://myfigurecollection.net/item/215491

Beyond that, your best bet may be an amazon marketplace seller or an auction. According to MFC, Red has no known bootlegs in circulation so that makes an auction/marketplace buy a safer bet for him than for some figures.

Meyneth

I'm already in that boat (still need shulk and megaman). I've made so many cakes and cookies whilst staying up, so I guess the process has been useful?

I guess this counts as a figure purchase...

Lucario and Ike are on their way. The army grows stronger as each month passes.
Hope mine's shipping soon, Toon Link just arrived and Ike, Bowser, Shiek and Lucario probably will come tomorrow.

Also does anyone have any experience with missing Amiami parcels? It's like the 5th week (Shipped Dec 28th) since my P.O.P Ace shipped and still haven't gotten nothing, guessing it's due to customs and Xmas period but making sure I know what Amiami will do if it doesn't arrive. Will be the first time I didn't get a delivery =(

I've bought quite a bit from HLJ in the past with no problems that I can remember. They also have a more lenient cancellation policy, though I've never actually had a problem cancelling from AmiAmi to date.

So is Amiami the "go to" spot for importing figures? Just compared their prices to HLJ and Playmoya and they easily had the better prices.

Yes, if you're sure about the figure that you want. Cancelling with them can be hard if you want to do it frequently, since they "don't allow it". You can ask for them to cancel a few (I did it once, they cancelled one Nendo), but they will be doing it like Steam, as a courtesy.

omlet

So is Amiami the "go to" spot for importing figures? Just compared their prices to HLJ and Playmoya and they easily had the better prices.

Yeah, and HLJ and also amazon jp for some things (GSC and affiliated companies), at least for new/preorder. For post-release stuff, amiami and mandarake preowned are reliable quality with prices that are usually good. Playmoya actually can have some good prices on things that don't turn out to be highly sought after. There are a number of other legitimate options out there but those are the "go to" ones.

omlet

I don't think it'll be a physical game. It wouldn't make sense to be anyway.

Gotta think like a merchandiser. The LE physical copy potential for this game is huge.*

*At least it seems to me to be, I have no market analysis numbers to back up this hunch.

Gotta think like a merchandiser. The LE physical copy potential for this game is huge.*

*At least it seems to me to be, I have no market analysis numbers to back up this hunch.

There will be more merchandise with the game than the game itself. (Probably cause the game could just end up being a download code)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom