• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMI

Banned
Question for everyone: is it possible to make a monthly order after you already combined two orders? I have Chiaki and Sepang Miku supposedly releasing this month, both are combined into one order. I don't think it's a monthly order though, just a regular ship-when-they-arrive order.

I'm not sure what you mean, but if you have two items releasing this month in the same order and go to make another order for an already available item, preowned item, or item also shipping this month, you should be able to get it added to the original order.

chrono01

main_201501232141190a5.jpg

you cannot cast off the hat...
OH GOD YES!

Capital One. 1.5% cash back on all purchases and no foreign transaction fee. it's what I use also.

Wow. You guys got this down to a science huh? I have a captialone card but its the aspire travel card. Besides I used Paypal since I'm shipping unregistered. I have a backup if the shipment gets lost.

I wonder how quickly that Luigi will sell out. Also, it's currently on sale (18% off) how long do their sales usually last? Wondering if i should just place the preorders, then wait until May to combine Luigi to those orders.

Acid08

Banned
I'm not sure what you mean, but if you have two items releasing this month in the same order and go to make another order for an already available item, preowned item, or item also shipping this month, you should be able to get it added to the original order.

I was wondering about the original order. Is that considered the monthly order or, if one releases before the other, will it be split into two orders?

chrono01

I think my expectations were too high, I was expecting the prototype in hand, like if Max Factory or Alter made it, that glowing skin and hair and face were all as perfect as an anime face could get (for me). Yeah polystone breakage is always a worry, but mostly only smallish or thin bits break, it's resin and powdered stone, so it's not flexable at all (unless you heat it), but if it breaks it's usually clean, so fixing it isn't much of a problem.
I can understand that. I had high expectations of her too, but thankfully, they've mostly been meet for me.

She looks different than her prototype but still great, IMO. Another review was posted with some better pictures.

One them being:

NSFW maybe?

I don't know, if mine looks like that I think my purchase will be justified. That's if my bath tub arrives undamaged. :(

omlet

I wonder how quickly that Luigi will sell out. Also, it's currently on sale (18% off) how long do their sales usually last? Wondering if i should just place the preorders, then wait until May to combine Luigi to those orders.

That's not a sale price, that's their normal discount price.

I was wondering about the original order. Is that considered the monthly order or, if one releases before the other, will it be split into two orders?

Preorders in same month = monthly order, even if you didn't specify monthly order. Your preorders should have an order number and if you were to buy something else you could combine with that order number during the checkout process. If you don't split that order they will hold the figure released first until your second one is released.

Acid08

Banned
That's not a sale price, that's their normal discount price.

Preorders in same month = monthly order, even if you didn't specify monthly order. Your preorders should have an order number and if you were to buy something else you could combine with that order number during the checkout process. If you don't split that order they will hold the figure released first until your second one is released.

Awesome, thanks. And in the event one of them gets delayed the one that actually arrived will just be shipped at the end of the month.

omlet

Hasn't happened to me before so I'm not sure, but probably. I suspect next month will be a good chance for me to find out for sure (5 things preordered so good chance at least one gets delayed).

Awesome, thanks. And in the event one of them gets delayed the one that actually arrived will just be shipped at the end of the month.

You should keep an eye on your monthly orders near the end of the month.

One of my items for December was delayed, but Amiami didn't remove it off my the order list, so that month's order was stuck waiting for that last item to be in stock before giving me the bill, which was at the end January.

Acid08

Banned
You should keep an eye on your monthly orders near the end of the month.

One of my items for December was delayed, but Amiami didn't remove it off my the order list, so that month's order was stuck waiting for that last item to be in stock before giving me the bill, which was at the end January.

Alright, I'll keep an eye on it. I'm expecting one or both of those items to get delayed anyway. Seems like Chiaki is a for suresies delay according to people here lol. Miku I have no idea, but it seems like delays are pretty common for her GSC figures too.

RMI

Banned
Wow. You guys got this down to a science huh? I have a captialone card but its the aspire travel card. Besides I used Paypal since I'm shipping unregistered. I have a backup if the shipment gets lost.

I always put everything on credit cards because of the cash back, it's just free money. It helps that this particular card also gives me a good exchange rate and no extra fees.

Luigi will probably last a while, and that price will be good until it sells out.

She's pretty awesome.

Question for FigureGAF. She is my first figure of this type. I notice that the face and hand are very difficult to remove. This might just be the Gunpla in me but do you ever sand down the pegs just a little bit to make it still firm but easier to remove?

kewlmyc

She's pretty awesome.

Question for FigureGAF. She is my first figure of this type. I notice that the face and hand are very difficult to remove. This might just be the Gunpla in me but do you ever sand down the pegs just a little bit to make it still firm but easier to remove?

No problem.

I honestly won't recommend sanding anything down on them, or they might become too loose and just fall off.

She's pretty awesome.

Nice find man, I hope to get the P4 girls one day.

Also I wouldn't fuck around with sanding down parts for scaled figs. Just be firm and patient when removing or placing in alt. pieces,

No problem.

I honestly won't recommend sanding anything down on them, or they might become too loose and just fall off.

Nice find man, I hope to get the P4 girls one day.

Also I wouldn't fuck around with sanding down parts for scaled figs. Just be firm and patient when removing or placing in alt. pieces,

Alright thanks. What are your guys opinions of the Taito prize P4 Arena figs? They look decent to me and are not that expensive. Freaking Megahouse Chie is like $175.

kewlmyc

Alright thanks. What are your guys opinions of the Taito prize P4 Arena figs? They look decent to me and are not that expensive. Freaking Megahouse Chie is like $175.

Funny because I swear my Megahouse Chie is leaning a little.

johnsmith has the Taito prize figure P4A figures, so you might want to ask him.

johnsmith

remember me
Most of them are great for the price. I have all except Naoto and Kanji. The Rise from that set is terrible though.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
I can understand that. I had high expectations of her too, but thankfully, they've mostly been meet for me.

She looks different than her prototype but still great, IMO. Another review was posted with some better pictures.

One them being:

NSFW maybe?

I don't know, if mine looks like that I think my purchase will be justified. That's if my bath tub arrives undamaged. :(

Yeah much better pics, still ain't no hiding that labia, but you should be happy, and the tub will be fine, sideshow would be out of business if poly stone always broke...

Black swordsman Guts ordered, fuck yes, didn't even look at the pictures, just hit the buy button like a boss... Now bring on the Berserker armor, bring on Femto, and bring on the fucking Skull Knight on a big fucking horse full of armored horseness I will buy them ALLLLLLL!

HHHNNNNNNGGGGGG

Always wanted to read the comics, but never got around to it, and that statue looks like one of DC better offerings too...

Black swordsman Guts ordered, fuck yes, didn't even look at the pictures, just hit the buy button like a boss... Now bring on the Berserker armor, bring on Femto, and bring on the fucking Skull Knight on a big fucking horse full of armored horseness I will buy them ALLLLLLL!

Oh man, it's so nice to see such a devote Berserk fan like myself here, however, I can't not play in the Big leagues like you :(
I do hope that Skull Knight and the rest of the gang come out in the poor man's version (aka Figma)
I envy you, take pictures of that figure once you get it

Acid08

Banned
OMG yes.

Next few issues of Silver Surfer (which Allred does the art for) are going to feature Galactus.

Allred Galactus. HHHHHNNNNNNGGGGGGG

I remember being interested in that SS just for that fact haha(and the only reason I read FF for as long as I did). I'm totally out of Big 2 comics at this point though. Still only buy a couple Image series(Chew, Saga, Manhattan Projects, Invincible). I have the first volume of Southern Bastards though, need to read that. Also interested in checking out Deadly Class.

Also speaking of Allred I still have the entire X-Statix omnibus to read.

I remember being interested in that SS just for that fact haha(and the only reason I read FF for as long as I did). I'm totally out of Big 2 comics at this point though. Still only buy a couple Image series(Chew, Saga, Manhattan Projects, Invincible). I have the first volume of Southern Bastards though, need to read that. Also interested in checking out Deadly Class.

I read more Image books than anything else, by far. Deadly Class is amazing. I would also highly recommend Velvet (Brubaker writing spy fiction, one of the two things he's best at), Rat Queens and Sex Criminals.

Acid08

Banned
I read more Image books than anything else, by far. Deadly Class is amazing. I would also highly recommend Velvet (Brubaker writing spy fiction, one of the two things he's best at), Rat Queens and Sex Criminals.

I read the first couple issues of Velvet and wasn't feeling it too much, same with Sex Criminals. I have a couple issues of Rat Queens I haven't read yet. I'm not sure if you remember but I posted in the comix thread quite a bit for a while :lol

I read the first couple issues of Velvet and wasn't feeling it too much, same with Sex Criminals. I have a couple issues of Rat Queens I haven't read yet. I'm not sure if you remember but I posted in the comix thread quite a bit for a while :lol

Of course I remember. You came up in conversation yesterday, in fact. I then mentioned that you'd been absorbed by FigureGAF. :D

Out of curiosity, why did you stop posting over there?

Ryuuroden

I just saw that figure of the girl on the snowboard wearing nothing but a bikini. She had a scarf and ski goggles so everything is good right....riiiiiiight?

I must say that is one of the more ridiculous figures I've seen recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom