• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acid08

Banned
Of course I remember. You came up in conversation yesterday, in fact. I then mentioned that you'd been absorbed by FigureGAF. :D

Out of curiosity, why did you stop posting over there?

At the time I really cut down on my comic buying so I didn't have much to say about stuff and when I did I was basically just talking to the same people couple people who were reading indie book. A lot of that conversation just got taken to PMs. Plus the conversations in there were just SO dominated by Big Two conversations and I didn't have much interest in that so slowly I kinda just stopped going.

I see from going to look at yesterday's conversation that I had a lasting impact on some of the DC people :lol

StayDead

I just saw that figure of the girl on the snowboard wearing nothing but a bikini. She had a scarf and ski goggles so everything is good right....riiiiiiight?

I must say that is one of the more ridiculous figures I've seen recently.

You can't say that and not link it.

omlet

Finally picked up my Beelzebub from post office today at lunch and unboxed after work. Really like how the skirt/wings turned out. Her hair is quite glossy with some transparency. Paint job is good and she is surprisingly tall for a 1/8 even without her giant GULT (lol) base; I guess standing on food+tiptoes adds some height. Other than the chain, she turned out very faithful to prototype; the chain definitely does not look as good as the prototype shots (compare).

Only thing about her to be careful about is how easily she comes apart at the waist (so you can remove the frills/wings). Like, you need to pick her up by the legs/base or she will just pop in half in your hand... XD Going to be displaying with clothes on and I like how not-lewd she actually looks from the front.

Snapped a few pictures. Apologies for the uneven lighting. I didn't want to take the pictures against my cream-colored wall like I usually do because it would probably make her wings look funny, but I really need to figure out a better setup for my light tent to get rid of some of this glare. Will look for some fixtures next time I'm at the store.
E7ykPg4.jpg

O4zkDPu.jpg

EwJkXNY.jpg

amjuLrL.jpg

uqd18RE.jpg

ItFSXJ8.jpg

Giolon

Finally picked up my Beelzebub from post office today at lunch and unboxed after work. Really like how the skirt/wings turned out. Her hair is quite glossy with some transparency. Paint job is good and she is surprisingly tall for a 1/8 even without her giant GULT (lol) base; I guess standing on food+tiptoes adds some height. Other than the chain, she turned out very faithful to prototype; the chain definitely does not look as good as the prototype shots (compare).

Only thing about her to be careful about is how easily she comes apart at the waist (so you can remove the frills/wings). Like, you need to pick her up by the legs/base or she will just pop in half in your hand... XD Going to be displaying with clothes on and I like how not-lewd she actually looks from the front.

Snapped a few pictures. Apologies for the uneven lighting. I didn't want to take the pictures against my cream-colored wall like I usually do because it would probably make her wings look funny, but I really need to figure out a better setup for my light tent to get rid of some of this glare. Will look for some fixtures next time I'm at the store.

Very nice pictures Omlet! While I'm not down with the loli, there's no denying that she appears very well made and well painted (like the rest of the 7-sins line).

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Images of the new LEGO Scooby-Doo minifigs and sets are starting to be released. Very 70's style :)

I just noticed this buried in here, definitely gonna pick some of these up for my son.... Not for me... Nope, not for me...I stopped collecting Lego... *cough*

But for my son...

If I can say that with a straight face, I think my wife'll be fine with it...

Ye- *looks at price* ....are RAH's really worth it?

To me RAH's are only worth it if it's of a character you never tire of, I've only got the first Guts they did last year, and the Blade of the Immortal Manji.

It's only 4 trades. Do it.

TV series coming soon, also.

Will do, Allred alone meant it would happen one day, just been so focused on budgeting for figures I tend to leave comics at the way side, and then they stack up...
Then I forget about them...

Oh man, it's so nice to see such a devote Berserk fan like myself here, however, I can't not play in the Big leagues like you :(
I do hope that Skull Knight and the rest of the gang come out in the poor man's version (aka Figma)
I envy you, take pictures of that figure once you get it

I'm sure femto is as big a fan as well, but yeah I grew up with a ton of anime and manga, but Berserk took the crown from everything, and I still can't get enough of it. These last few years have been great, with the figmas, RAH, and the soon to be priced GSC statues. There is actually some choice suitable for all budgets, sure beats all the years of overpriced Art of War stuff. Skull Knight figma would be awesome, but we are still waiting for the sculpts and painted prototypes of all the Hand of God figures to show up first. Zodd would be nice too.

I'll definitely take pictures of him, and compare him to last years band of the hawk movie version, and maybe the GSC statue if they don't price me out of it...

I... I think I need this.

I almost pre-ordered her, I still might...
It's the way her boobs droop...

Dang, just got the cancellation notice from Manda for the Ryuuko prize figure I ordered. Fuuuuuuuuck.
if at first you don't succeed try, try again. I get as many cancellations as order confirms with Mandarake, you will get used to it.

omlet

Very nice pictures Omlet!
Thanks, I'm not happy with a few of them but it will do for an "I just opened it" shoot!
While I'm not down with the loli, there's no denying that she appears very well made and well painted (like the rest of the 7-sins line).
But the chub on dose thighs! I thought you were in for the whole set!
They aren't making a figure.
Yet.
If they did I wouldn't buy it.

taoofjord

That SRC Gurren Lagann looks amazing. Might just consider getting it, looks a lot nicer than the Revoltech.

Edit: sorry for the double post

Yeah, it's seriously amazing. Even though he's not my favorite character in my collection he's the most impressive figure I own. The SRC line as a whole is by far the most impressive group of figures I've come across. They look awesome, have excellent articulation, and they feel extremely solid and sturdy... something I wish all figures had. The Figuarts Sailor Moon is an embarrassment in that regard.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Some pictures just for the hell of it. None of Sentinel Iron Man yet. I'm going to try taking nice ones with my wife's super camera tomorrow.

Cool figures, awesome poses, and well framed shots. Looking forward to what you do with a super camera.

Just to further excite you. It's a shame one of the sets has too many stickers but I get it.
*enabled alert*
Yeah definitely getting that s̶t̶i̶c̶k̶e̶r̶ mystery machine, haunted house is a no go, too damn big...

ahhhhh that Ryuuko in my favorite outfit of hers.

Medicom RAH, limited to 800 (150 at wonderfest, 600 online), and 21k, release date 8th of February, she's gonna be hard to get, try stalking BIJ starting now...

so

I want the new deadly sin, and the new kantai abyss girl. Don't care for woclass

Edit: Yeah that abyss girl is all sorts awesome, just wish she had a second "tail" on the other side of her for like balance or something, plus it would just look awesome-er...

omlet

Thanks for sharing pics of the awesome fig, Omlet! One of my more favored designs from the line, if not, my favorite.

I really do dig the design. Lots of eye candy without being too lewd. It hits several of the right moe points!

Thanks again for the help Omlet!

You're welcome again, but you don't even know how hard I'm kicking myself lately for not buying more than just the two I proxied for you guys lol. Oh well!
Yes, I probably would have flipped one or two of them for a little profit to spend on more figures.

When figures on Amiami are on "back order" that means they'll eventually get some right?

I went ahead and checked out with Bishoujo Psylocke even tho its on back order.

omlet

Someone need an Ultimate Madoka? Just now got a figinstock notification and it's currently showing sold out so amiami is probably about to list one with a preowned update here soon.

omlet

Just saw Amiami had Flare's Elin preoders reopened. Someone must have canceled.

Put in an order and looks like I got the last one, heh.

Bii

I read the first couple issues of Velvet and wasn't feeling it too much, same with Sex Criminals. I have a couple issues of Rat Queens I haven't read yet. I'm not sure if you remember but I posted in the comix thread quite a bit for a while :lol

Every mentioning of Chew always gets a response from you shortly thereafter. That was you, right? XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom