• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are tempted here's the link to buy online but all in Japanese so no idea if it only ships there etc:
http://item.rakuten.co.jp/project1-6/4530956106960/?scid=af_pc_link_txt&sc2id=261681628
http://store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/project1-6/4530956106960.html

Samurai <3

Looks like Tenso are nice and cosy with Rakuten orders, so in light of my recent conversion to their services I think that's what I'll try. There is a bit of a stern note on the product page:

"Please note. Purchasing procedures and product your delivery from overseas can not be. Please note. For Japan residents only. We do not sell / ship to overseas countries."

How much attention should I be paying to this if using Tenso?

Also, is this going to see me getting up at 2am on the day as the order window opens at 11am on the day in Japan? Oh dear :S

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
So I'm new to this hobby, but I was thinking to myself that the smell the figures in my (small) office give off was nice. I looked it up and found all kinds of different information on PVC and how dangerous it is. I understand that PVC is in all kinds of things that we come into contact throughout our day but is anyone here worried about breathing in the concentrated fumes from all the figures being stored in one place? Maybe if you have your figures in a larger, more open room you wouldn't notice it but in my small office I notice it almost immediately upon entering. Not to mention that some of us are into the action figures more than the models/statues, so we'll be touching them a lot more.

Is PVC really that dangerous to touch? What about the fumes?

Unless your gonna set your figures on fire and then inhale the fumes, or chewing on your figures, you should have little too worry about. I always open a figure, pull out everything and if it smells sit it by an open window, it's mostly the paint your smelling anyway, and it will dissipate once left in the open long enough...

Nice one on MFC today :)

allgroassai1421985159.jpeg

Giolon

Hmm. I want this but rather get her off NY

Individual experiences may vary, but I've had nothing but good experiences with BiJ. My experiences with Nippon Yasan have been ok, but they seem to take an inordinate amount of time (a week+) to ship after paying for things.

On a completely separate topic, I know this isn't a figure but a friend of mine picked up this Kill La Kill poster for me from Japan during his trip in the fall. I just had it framed up like a theatrical poster, and it came back today looking like this:

I can't wait to put it up!

Bombless

^^^Hnnng!

As for Nippon-Yasan, they offer a shipping option that saves me the bullshit "handling fees" the belgian post slaps on shipping every time something from outside the EU arrives. That alone is reason for me to shop there for products not available on Amiami. The late shipping thing is true though.

The sad thing is, due to how slow the belgian customs are, even with the N-Y delay and the Translogic shipping that takes 10 days on average, I still get their boxes faster than EMS :(

On a completely separate topic, I know this isn't a figure but a friend of mine picked up this Kill La Kill poster for me from Japan during his trip in the fall. I just had it framed up like a theatrical poster, and it came back today looking like this:

I can't wait to put it up!

giphy.gif

I salute your friend and yours' fine taste.

Individual experiences may vary, but I've had nothing but good experiences with BiJ. My experiences with Nippon Yasan have been ok, but they seem to take an inordinate amount of time (a week+) to ship after paying for things.

Its more that i'd rather not pay for her right now lol. BIJ seems to require payment immediately for it.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Shit, dude. Whatever you do, DO NOT ATTEND.

^This

I didn't went to the wedding of the girl I used to like either. The same goes to some of my friend I used to hang out with. They had to try their best to invite you because they want to be polite/open-minded, but you are not obligated to attend.

I didn't went to the wedding of the girl I used to like either. The same goes to some of my friend I used to hang out with. They had to try their best to invite you because they want to be polite/open-minded, but you are not obligated to attend.

In fact, I'd say it's detrimental to your well-being. I know a lot of people feel obligated to go to weddings they're invited to, just like they feel obligated to remain friends with an ex. You don't have to, and if it's going to hurt you emotionally, it's a bad idea.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
shit day...just got invited the wedding of a girl I still have feelings for...

I think I'm gonna go drown my sorrows by ordering Saber

7k but scratched base...
http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-1573162.html

Yeah, nope, don't do it, never do that, gotta keep moving on, head higher, you'll find another saber without a yellowish box, more then likely smoke related damage...

Stay away from the wedding too, especially if you've still got feelings for her, no good will come from it...

I've dipped my toe into the world of amiibo and now it's taken hold. Save me.

Just don't go "full collection" and you'll be fine...

javac

No idea if you've all talked about this...

• Fully poseable with over 30 points of articulation
  • Diecast armor parts on the chest, shin and feet
  • LED Functionality
  • Swappable face/hand parts
  • Combinable effects parts
  • Base/Support Stand
  • 6 inches tall
  • PVC, ABS, PA, Diecast materials
Link
$80 X-Figure ($15 on top for International delivery)
$210 X-Figure PLUS Kickstarter Exclusive Test Armor Color ($20 on top for International delivery)
$200,000 goal

george_us

No idea if you've all talked about this...

Link
$80 X-Figure ($15 on top for International delivery)
$210 X-Figure PLUS Kickstarter Exclusive Test Armor Color ($20 on top for International delivery)
$200,000 goal
Holy shit this might be the first Kickstarter I back. Does Truforce have a good rep?

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
So I'm new to this hobby, but I was thinking to myself that the smell the figures in my (small) office give off was nice. I looked it up and found all kinds of different information on PVC and how dangerous it is. I understand that PVC is in all kinds of things that we come into contact throughout our day but is anyone here worried about breathing in the concentrated fumes from all the figures being stored in one place? Maybe if you have your figures in a larger, more open room you wouldn't notice it but in my small office I notice it almost immediately upon entering. Not to mention that some of us are into the action figures more than the models/statues, so we'll be touching them a lot more.

Is PVC really that dangerous to touch? What about the fumes?

It's not an issue if you keep your house well-ventilated, and if you don't sniff, lick, or insert PVC figures in your body on a regular basis. And even then I doubt it'd be an issue.

SmithnCo

I'd love to try to collect those but it seems like such a pain in the ass between retailer exclusivity and low production/crazy scalping. I'll probably stick to a few of my favorites unless it gets easier over time...

Ultimadrago

Rip. Over time I've noticed I want more Amiibo than I thought too (and that's just favorite characters).

Not enough to pay scalpers price, of course. But more than I thought after seeing the hideous Fire Emblem ones.

javac

Holy shit this might be the first Kickstarter I back. Does Truforce have a good rep?

This is their first release haha, I wouldn't allow that to disregard them 100% but as always keep an eye on them at best. I think they might be one to watch in the future, especially making use of KS. That could get some cool stuff off the ground.

Also just wanted to note that the $210 tier comes with two figures, the standard Blue variant as well as the Silver one. The Silver one is exclusive to KS but the Blue one will be available at stores at a later date after the KS. No idea if the price will be more at retail. Obviously has to reach its goal first lol. Seems to be off to a good start so far.

Just don't go "full collection" and you'll be fine...
It's too late to go in full collect mode but I feel the need to get more after playing with Zelda and Kirby amiibos in Smash. I'm kicking myself now that I see Villager's scalper price when I saw at least 10 of them in Futureshop when they were first out.

Yeah, nope, don't do it, never do that, gotta keep moving on, head higher, you'll find another saber without a yellowish box, more then likely smoke related damage...

Stay away from the wedding too, especially if you've still got feelings for her, no good will come from it...
Naoto's getting married?
thanks you two, needed a good laugh

and thankfully no one can take naoto away from me

Ugh! If the CDN dollar wasn't as poor as it is right now [and my January as expensive], I'd definitely pre-order her at BIJ and pay up-front. She's beautiful.

I might have to use N-Y for this one, and that makes me feel dirty. :(
member-cfg83-albums-shtuff+04-picture2486-you-gotta-do-what-you-gotta-do.jpg

Also thanks again Javac, Rosalina has shipped from Amazon.It =D

I have 8 of them. I only really go after the ones I want and won't dare try to get them all. I wanted a Rosalina but not sure that will happen. Had trouble finding a Villager for myself and my Mom (huge AC fan) but luckily Samurai_Heart is an awesome guy and is helping me out way more than he needs to.

Thanks again man!

Yaari

I was pretty impressed seeing them in person. But its too late for me to start now. I'd be annoyed by the fact that I missed out on some and pay ridiculous price just to make up for it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I have 8 of them. I only really go after the ones I want and won't dare try to get them all. I wanted a Rosalina but not sure that will happen.
She'll probably get another figurine for the Mario series line. The Mario Party trailer used a different model from her Smash Amiibo for her during the Amiibo segment.

I have 8 of them. I only really go after the ones I want and won't dare try to get them all. I wanted a Rosalina but not sure that will happen. Had trouble finding a Villager for myself and my Mom (huge AC fan) but luckily Samurai_Heart is an awesome guy and is helping me out way more than he needs to.

Thanks again man!

No problem =), will also keep out a look out for Rosalina for you if she becomes impossible to look for like the trinity etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom