• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

StayDead

Created an Amazon Japan account.

Acquired Kongou Nendoroid.

You sunk me, Ship Girls.

DV5rj9R.png

Wow!congratulations!これはjust the beginningデース!

I need to figure out Amazon in Japan still lol. Although I better not. I set up the basic account but when I put in my address it won't let me put in all the numbers from my Zip code.

Ban Puncher

I spent $350 on Amiibos this week. Then a $200 AmiAmi monthly order showed up tonight. And now I've just plunked down fifty squid on Kongou.

Who needs food, am I right?

I need to figure out Amazon in Japan still lol. Although I better not. I set up the basic account but when I put in my address it won't let me put in all the numbers from my Zip code.

When it asked for my address, I had to press a link above the address entry that said 'International Address' that changed the standard Japanese address layout to something more suitable for my Australian one.

souhait

Neo Member
I'm passing on Snow Miku 2015. SM 2014 is such a high benchmark.
I agree, I do like her outfit and the base he can sit on is adorable, but I wish her hair was a more muted green to match everything else that's going on. I still need to order Snow Miku 2014 at some point.

Oh man look at these cuties. There are also those prize figures that have been announced, but I'm really hoping for Nendos of Lulu and Ginko at least.

Hmm thanks for the help got that part sorted.

Do you guys just use your credit cards? I usually pay Paypal for anything I import but with Amazon I trust it. Just don't want my CC company to think it's not me and lock my card lol.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Do you guys just use your credit cards? I usually pay Paypal for anything I import but with Amazon I trust it. Just don't want my CC company to think it's not me and lock my card lol.

The last time Amazon.co.jp had a sale, I just used my credit card. I usually use Paypal with AmiAmi.

Ban Puncher

I used my credit card and it went through fine.

Had the option to be billed in local currency too.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I have an order on Amazon JP because I was curious to see how the process for international shipping went and the final charges.

I just need to press the 'Place your order' button.

I really shouldn't.

At this point, my cc company would be more shocked if I used my card for a domestic purchase.

Ban Puncher

Never do that though. The exchange rate you get from the bank will be better.

Normally yes but after the currency conversion fee on top it worked out cheaper to just be billed straight in AUD.

Getting billed in a foreign currency can be a bit of a crapshoot with being at the mercy of the fluctuating exchange rate and a 'just helping ourselves' bank fee on top. Getting billed in local money means you know exactly how much will be debited from your account.

Einbroch

Banned
Really? The Amazon exchange rate I'm getting seems okay:
1 JPY = 0.0087690474 USD

I should just leave it at yen when checking out with a credit card?

Capital One gave me .0085, which ended up saving me like $2 on a $60 order.

If your card doesn't have a foreign transaction fee, always use yen. If it does, it's usually about a wash.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Capital One gave me .0085, which ended up saving me like $2 on a $60 order.

If your card doesn't have a foreign transaction fee, always use yen. If it does, it's usually about a wash.

I think my card does have a foreign transaction fee, unfortunately. But I'll look into it a little further. It's worth exploring.

Yaari

You guys almost made me order a Kongo Nendo on Mandarake but then I got back upstairs and she was already gone.

Can't go Amazon JP because they screw me over with customs etc. Oh well, safe for now. :D

Sölf

You guys almost made me order a Kongo Nendo on Mandarake but then I got back upstairs and she was already gone.

Can't go Amazon JP because they screw me over with customs etc. Oh well, safe for now. :D

You misstyped "missed opportunity", silly.

Yaari

That said I need to get down the exact times Mandarake updates because I must miss out on many cool stuff now that I only randomly visit.

omlet

That said I need to get down the exact times Mandarake updates because I must miss out on many cool stuff now that I only randomly visit.

Mandarake doesn't update at a regular time like Amiami does, from what I can tell. Since they have different physical stores that all share the same webshop and are essentially specialized pawn shops, stuff will just get put on the site at random times. FigInStock is helpful for them (but setting up useful alerts is trickier than with amiami).

For example, a couple days ago an Ultimate Madoka nendo (and a few others) appeared on mandarake when I refreshed at 9:30 AM (in the US, after having checked earlier in the morning and those few new items weren't showing). That's like almost midnight in Japan.

I promptly ordered the Ultimate Madoka nendo, because I couldn't help myself, and just got the order confirm this morning and paid for it. :>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom