• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danferno

So what do you guys use then? I normally use my Discover card via PayPal but AmiAmi doesn't accept it.

I'm in the U.S. and I've had no problems this way. However, I can't seem to figure out how to get PayPal to NOT do the currency conversion for me--their rate is terrible. I want them to bill my Discover directly in Yen because it has zero conversion fee and reasonable rate. Instead, I use my Amex directly which still has a fee, but it's lower than PayPal.

I've seen stuff on the Internet that shows a checkbox on PayPal that allows the transaction to be billed in the original currency, but I think there's something in how AmiAmi bills that precludes it.

I wish AmiAmi took Discover directly :(

Edit: whoops I think I misunderstood you.

Yea I'm preparing myself for that price range so when it's available on Amiami, I won't feel too bad preordering. I already the first three figures and, should be receiving the 4th one sometime this month. 5th one is on preorder already.
Apparently there is a spec image on MFC that says it 14,800 yen.
I really doubt it though, no way is it only going to be around $130.

Acid08

Banned
So the full extent of my damage last night was:

R6UbKs5.jpg

wdY5ei6.jpg

QmFFWGX.jpg

Blocbhe.jpg

And a Manda order I'm waiting for confirmation on:

Man...I'm so fucking excited for all of these.

Bombless

Great news everyone, I'm moving sometime in March!

Welp, that came outtta nowhere. Much bigger place so I'll have plenty of display space. Woooo!

No way as in you think that's too little or too much?

I'm hoping for less than 130 lol

Same, but think that sounds way too little.
Figma Solid Snake alone was 7,500 yen, something that massive only costing 2 Snake's seems crazy(unless its super cheap plastic and mostly hollow).

Not complaining if true though, guarantees my purchase(I was open to maybe $200 though)

RMI

Banned

Nice stuff. Sayaka will not disappoint you. She is my least favorite magical girl from the show, but her figure is really nice. Now you really ought to get the rest of them, or at the very least Kyoko.

Acid08

Banned
Nice stuff. Sayaka will not disappoint you. She is my least favorite magical girl from the show, but her figure is really nice. Now you really ought to get the rest of them, or at the very least Kyoko.

Oh I'm definitely planning on getting the rest of them. Sayaka is actually my favorite which is why I got her first :p. But the order I'm going to get them in is:

Kyoko
Mami
Madoka(still contemplating which between the two versions)
Homura(last cuz
Rebellion
and she's the most expensive by far)

omlet

So the full extent of my damage last night was:

Man...I'm so fucking excited for all of these.

Nice. I considered getting the Rorona when I saw it that night since the price was good, but I just spent like $150 on nendos this week (counting all the shipping) so I passed. At least someone here that wanted it got it. Now just get a GSC Koyko to go with your Sayaka and you'll be set!

Madoka(still contemplating which between the two versions)
Ultimate Madoka is your top priority.

Bombless

OT4 Header image.

Sölf;149854178 said:
Not sure if I should be happy that I only ordered a single figure because of this thread so far... or unhappy, because I ordered my first figure because of this thread.

Both.

Sölf;149854178 said:
Not sure if I should be happy that I only ordered a single figure because of this thread so far... or unhappy, because I ordered my first figure because of this thread.

The bolded. I came into this thread with only two major figures. Now I already have 10 and about 20 are pre-ordered (this reminded me that I need to update my MFC profile).

Oh god, I bought my first amiibo's today, Zelda and Link. Hope this don't turn into adiction.

I only wanted Samus and ZSS. Then I saw the amiibo integration with Codename: STEAM, and bought Ike and Marth. Then I though, wouldn't it be cool to see Mario, Sonic, Mega Man and Pac Man fight to the death? That made me buy Mario and pre order Sonic and Mega Man.

Now I am refreshing some pages to see if I can manage to get Rosalina, Lucario and Meta Knight, even though I know nothing about Meta Knight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom