• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Settin

Settin is the thirstiest member this thread has ever had. :p
Ehhh, thirsty is generally used for men desperate for sex. I'm perverted, but I don't think that terminology captures me.
Amiami's response:
Anyone understand what they're talking about? Now I'd be inconveniencing Amiami and the manufacturers? Oh, woe is them. What about the inconvenience to me, the customer?

I believe the manufacturer doesn't sell internationally. I.E., they don't ship outside of Japan so anything that goes wrong is "your fault" for importing.

if the company doesn't ship internationally then most stores will not help you. At most you can claim shipping damage with the insurance covered pending on the shipping method.

GSC is one of the few companies (and their umbrella companies such as max factory, phat company, etc) will help international customers

taoofjord

Ehhh, thirsty is generally used for men desperate for sex. I'm perverted, but I don't think that terminology captures me.

I believe the manufacturer doesn't sell internationally. I.E., they don't ship outside of Japan so anything that goes wrong is "your fault" for importing.

Going by the popularity of this thread, and that we're only one of many figure communities on the internet, I can't imagine Amiami not making a sizable amount of money shipping internationally.

Personally, I expect better customer service, and they should learn how to take a hit in service of the customer. Judging by the reaction I've seen here on GAF, a defective figure is a pretty rare occurrence, meaning that Amiami should have allowed a full refund. Not to mention that I have 8-10 figures pre-ordered through them (and received close to a dozen already with no issues) so they know they're making money off of me.

Edit: I'd also like to add that while Sentinel doesn't sell internationally they sure as hell market internationally (and appreciate the business) due to them including an English option on their website and including English in their Facebook posts.

kewlmyc

Mhh, guess I got my terminology wrong. Sorry.

AAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DC BISHOUJO RAVEN!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

fQ6PsM0.gif

My Batgirl and Starfire will no longer be lonely. Fuck yes!

Settin

Going by the popularity of this thread, and that we're only one of many figure communities on the internet, I can't imagine Amiami not making a sizable amount of money shipping internationally.

Personally, I expect better customer service, and they should learn how to take a hit in service of the customer. Judging by the reaction I've seen here on GAF, a defective figure is a pretty rare occurrence, meaning that Amiami should have allowed a full refund. Not to mention that I have 8-10 figures pre-ordered through them (and received close to a dozen already with no issues) so they know they're making money off of me.

You're not wrong, but I can't pretend to know how AmiAmi is run.

Why hasn't Freeza jumped on that Asuka yet?

No joke, I had that shit in my cart and was seconds away from hitting "Place Order", but I still have to pay for my January order (should be about 15k total), and my 1/6 Koto Wonder Woman is shipping next week, so that's another $100.

As I've said again and again, I'm really trying to cut back on the animu stuff and focus more on the comic-related statues. So here I am putting in the effort.

Man those are some huge down in price, even thought they are awesome figures, may be I should also stop pre-ordering, but it seems like all the figure I wanted raise in price.

yeah. Like Momo raised in price a bit then went down. Mea just stayed down.

Shimakaze price tanked. holy shit. Kongo i can see, because its EMS only and nobody knew that at the time.

The hyakka figures that tanked were re-releases and gisen. Jubei and naoe ran for 10-12k. Sanada still runs for 12k+ and hanzo runs from 15k+ easily.

Its a gamble really. Nobody thought asuka from senran kagura would stay 10k and be semi hard to find. Very few orders on MFC and was opened to preorder till the very last month.

Shimakze you could see only because shes a popular character and they might of overproduced. But then again, it could have the Ultimate madoka syndrome where it tanks first and then shoots up in price. Ultimate madoka was running for 3-5k ( I bought mine at 4k), and now you are lucky to find one under 11k. GSC Saber was the same deal.

chrono01

That Yuka Satori figure is really tempted me. It doesn't help things that Satoshi Ishiyama is one of my favorite sculptors [for obvious reasons]. :/

UGH! August is far away, and she'll likely be delayed...

That Yuka Satori figure is really tempted me. It doesn't help things that Satoshi Ishiyama is one of my favorite sculptors [for obvious reasons]. :/

UGH! August is far away, and she'll likely be delayed...

Order her, chrono. It's Orchid Seed. The chances of her interfering with anything before your 2016 orders are abysmal.

Femto.

No joke, I had that shit in my cart and was seconds away from hitting "Place Order", but I still have to pay for my January order (should be about 15k total), and my 1/6 Koto Wonder Woman is shipping next week, so that's another $100.

As I've said again and again, I'm really trying to cut back on the animu stuff and focus more on the comic-related statues. So here I am putting in the effort.
I applaud your strengthening will power.

chrono01

Order her, chrono. It's Orchid Seed. The chances of her interfering with anything before your 2016 orders are abysmal.
That's true. I'll sleep on it and see how I feel tomorrow.

Nice work on resisting Asuka, BTW. Speaking of...

kinda want that asuka i linked but waiting for less than 9k or maybe in feb then justify it as a bday gift =D
You should definitely buy her, she's amazing.

Sorry, Freezasaurus!

Giolon

Damn, I thought all you guys on Twitter suddenly following me were spambots, b/c that's normally the only "followers" I get. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom