• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Sölf;149854178 said:
Not sure if I should be happy that I only ordered a single figure because of this thread so far... or unhappy, because I ordered my first figure because of this thread.

Only a taste of what's to come!

RMI

Banned
Oh I'm definitely planning on getting the rest of them. Sayaka is actually my favorite which is why I got her first :p. But the order I'm going to get them in is:

Kyoko
Mami
Madoka(still contemplating which between the two versions)
Homura(last cuz
Rebellion
and she's the most expensive by far)

Homura was expensive, and honestly not entirely worth it. Great figure, don't get me wrong, but definitely overpriced. I think I paid 16K or something for her, and while I don't exactly regret it, It wasn't the absolute steal that Sayaka and Kyoko were. I got them for like 5k. Overall I think I paid just over 30K for all of them together, which for 5 good quality scale figures is more than acceptable.

Sölf

I only wanted Samus and ZSS. Then I saw the amiibo integration with Codename: STEAM, and bought Ike and Marth. Then I though, wouldn't it be cool to see Mario, Sonic, Mega Man and Pac Man fight to the death? That made me buy Mario and pre order Sonic and Mega Man.

Now I am refreshing some pages to see if I can manage to get Rosalina, Lucario and Meta Knight, even though I know nothing about Meta Knight.

Dude, Meta Knight is one of the best characters from the Kirby franchise. And he also sports some pretty awesome battle themes.

Acid08

Banned
Homura was expensive, and honestly not entirely worth it. Great figure, don't get me wrong, but definitely overpriced. I think I paid 16K or something for her, and while I don't exactly regret it, It wasn't the absolute steal that Sayaka and Kyoko were. I got them for like 5k. Overall I think I paid just over 30K for all of them together, which for 5 good quality scale figures is more than acceptable.

Oh wow, yeah 16k is a ton. Was that around when she came out? Mandarake prices seem to have averaged out to

Sayaka: 5-6k(I ordered an unopened one for 6k)
Kyoko: 5k
Mami: 6-8k
Madoka: 5-6k
Homura: 10k

Going to take my time getting them, seems like they're pretty readily available.

RMI

Banned
Oh wow, yeah 16k is a ton. Was that around when she came out? Mandarake prices seem to have averaged out to

Sayaka: 5-6k(I ordered an unopened one for 6k)
Kyoko: 5k
Mami: 6-8k
Madoka: 5-6k
Homura: 10k

Going to take my time getting them, seems like they're pretty readily available.

I looked back through my records and I remembered wrong, i paid 12.4k for her. Still too much, but not as bad as I thought. It seems like the prices haven't changed much. I think 10k is fine with this exchange rate for that figure. Mami is popular, which is why she's a little bit more expensive than the other girls, but I think she might be my least favorite of them all (although I love her design in general).

this is the madoka i got, and I think she looks great.

78404.jpg

Acid08

Banned
I looked back through my records and I remembered wrong, i paid 12.4k for her. Still too much, but not as bad as I thought. It seems like the prices haven't changed much. I think 10k is fine with this exchange rate for that figure. Mami is popular, which is why she's a little bit more expensive than the other girls, but I think she might be my least favorite of them all (although I love her design in general).

this is the madoka i got, and I think she looks great.

Just looking at the pictures I think I like Sayaka and Mami the most. Kyoko and Madoka look really good too. Homura's pose is kinda boring but I do love her magic outffit so whatever.

For Madoka, yeah I love the look of the one you posted. But I also really like this one:

It's about a 1k difference between the two.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
For Madoka, yeah I love the look of the one you posted. But I also really like this one:

It's about a 1k difference between the two.

This is the one I have, I think it looks a lot better than other alternatives. Especially the color and the pink shades. Plus it just felt wrong for madoka to be happy.

Oh I'm definitely planning on getting the rest of them. Sayaka is actually my favorite which is why I got her first :p. But the order I'm going to get them in is:

Kyoko
Mami
Madoka(still contemplating which between the two versions)
Homura(last cuz
Rebellion
and she's the most expensive by far)

Reminds me I still need the others in the Figma gang.
Bought Sayaka first then Homura but haven't got the others yet.

Ordered GSC Princess of the Crystal from Mandarake... Come at me, EMS (and of course that stupid parcelforce fee)
although i do hope that store doesn't have stock for it

Ordered GSC Princess of the Crystal from Mandarake... Come at me, EMS (and of course that stupid parcelforce fee)
although i do hope that store doesn't have stock for it

Dude, I got her pre-owned for like, 4k. Shipping doubled the price. XD

One and only time I fell for that trick with figures that come in massive boxes.

AmiAmi still hasn't sent me a payment request for January. I think they forgot. :(

They still need to take the Kill Me Baby figure out of the order, as that's what's holding it back. Everything else is in.

Einbroch

Banned
AmiAmi still hasn't sent me a payment request for January. I think they forgot. :(

They still need to take the Kill Me Baby figure out of the order, as that's what's holding it back. Everything else is in.

Email them. I had this happen once and they wouldn't ship my order until I emailed them and asked them to move the item to the next month's order.

Sölf

God, I should stop looking if figures for various games exist. Of course they do, but they are all sold out because they have been released years ago. >_>

Half of my stuff is still showing as out of stock. I figure they're either still sorting stuff out or I'm going to get a few more product delay notices.

Sölf;149867768 said:
God, I should stop looking if figures for various games exist. Of course they do, but they are all sold out because they have been released years ago. >_>

This actually makes me happy for things like Crunchy Roll. I used to wait to get the US release of anime on DVD, fall in love with a character only to find out it's been out of stock for years...

Did you email them about it? Seems like their automated system to do that is kinda lax. I usually email them to ask them to move delayed stuff.

Toradora gifs remind me that I never really found a scale for Taiga that I liked :(

I bought the 1/6 Koto one in her final episode outfit.

I don't think I've seen any Taiga figures that were truly great, though. This one seemed pretty good, too.

Did you email them about it? Seems like their automated system to do that is kinda lax. I usually email them to ask them to move delayed stuff.

Yeah, I emailed them a little while ago. I'm sure it'll get sorted tonight. Need dat Batwoman. HHHHHNNNNGGGG

chrono01

I remember some people thinking they would be safe from the KanColle craze.

The anime would fail, they said.
It'd never work on them, they said.

Little did they know...

BTW, I watched the fourth episode yesterday. My love for Kongou grows.

I bought the 1/6 Koto one in her final episode outfit.

I don't think I've seen any Taiga figures that were truly great, though. This one seemed pretty good, too.

Yeah, I emailed them a little while ago. I'm sure it'll get sorted tonight. Need dat Batwoman. HHHHHNNNNGGGG

She seems way to skinny in that Koto one :\

Sucks as it's one of my favorite shows.

chrono01

That part where
Bucky and the other girl were crying.... It hit me right in the feels
. The Abyssals really need to stop being such fucking pushovers, though.
I won't lie, my emotions were hit with a Feel Torpedo during that scene. When
they kept hugging and the tears began to fall...
:_:

As for the Abyssals, I agree. I'm sure it's just to get people used to the cast and such. I'm still waiting for that first Wo-Class appearance. I'm sure that will be the tipping point.

As for the Abyssals, I agree. I'm sure it's just to get people used to the cast and such. I'm still waiting for that first Wo-Class appearance. I'm sure that will be the tipping point.

Wo-kyuu and Re-kyuu are going to leave a bodycount. I'm sure there's a reason we've only been seeing scrub enemies so far.

chrono01

Wo-kyuu and Re-kyuu are going to leave a bodycount. I'm sure there's a reason we've only been seeing scrub enemies so far.
Most definitely.

Get to know/love the characters, and then kill sink several when the real Abyssals appear.

Get your box of tissues ready, people. This is truly the calm before the storm...

Yaari

Really wish I had room for scaled ship girls. The Nendo's are all I can have right now. Can you even place more than a scaled one in a single detolf stage?

First MFC transaction a success! Seller even included a hand drawn Chibi Mio pic that she drew and a nice note. Now to see how the next purchase goes.

ZkTrjKu.jpg

I remember some people thinking they would be safe from the KanColle craze.

The anime would fail, they said.
It'd never work on them, they said.

Little did they know...

BTW, I watched the fourth episode yesterday. My love for Kongou grows.

Didn't think I would care after Apreggio, though not much merch from that has appealed to me yet(besides Takao stuff). Still hoping for Figma.

Kancolle I felt a tad offended by originally but the designs started to warm me over and now the anime I have to have them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom