• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

raven777

0014c7dgw.jpg

0193nwc3i.jpg

029szco3.jpg

I am assuming she is going to be expensive.

PayPal. And yes, I remember the story with a certain member here, but I couldn't find Mega Man anywhere.

In all seriousness, I'm fairly certain N-Y wouldn't just refuse a refund if they couldn't deliver on stock. At WORST if they know they're getting another shipment, they may hold out for that.

If worse comes to worst, both PayPal and credit card companies will favor you in a dispute, but sometimes PayPal flakes. If you file a dispute with them, do it ASAP and follow their instructions to a T.

EDIT: I would like to add, that even when they have stock N-Y moves at a snails pace. It may be up to a business week before you hear anything from them.

In all seriousness, I'm fairly certain N-Y wouldn't just refuse a refund if they couldn't deliver on stock. At WORST if they know they're getting another shipment, they may hold out for that.

If worse comes to worst, both PayPal and credit card companies will favor you in a dispute, but sometimes PayPal flakes. If you file a dispute with them, do it ASAP and follow their instructions to a T.

EDIT: I would like to add, that even when they have stock N-Y moves at a snails pace. It may be up to a business week before you hear anything from them.

Thank you. I'm not worried about speed though, I just want the amiibo.

Thank you. I'm not worried about speed though, I just want the amiibo.

Ok, I was just letting you know so you wouldn't panic if there was radio silence for a few days.

I recently made a purchase from them and didn't receive confirmation of any kind for 2 days. It was another 5 before it moved to processing, and 3 more days before it shipped.

They really need to work on that.

Ok, I was just letting you know so you wouldn't panic if there was radio silence for a few days.

I recently made a purchase from them and didn't receive confirmation of any kind for 2 days. It was another 5 before it moved to processing, and 3 more days before it shipped.

They really need to work on that.

Don't worry, I appreciate your information. I already have one coming (already in my country, in customs), so I'll give this one to my friend for his birthday, and the one from N-Y I'll keep to myself.

Giolon

I was just charged for my final payment and she's shipped! She's coming! The feeling of a brand new Premium Format. It's a good feeling.
300115-wonder-woman-004.jpg

That thing looks mighty impressive, but I shudder to think of the cost to your wallet... I think this is the one that Cheska did a video review of? It makes me wish I could justify spending the cash (or space) on these!

That thing looks mighty impressive, but I shudder to think of the cost to your wallet... I think this is the one that Cheska did a video review of? It makes me wish I could justify spending the cash (or space) on these!

EDIT: Nevermind, you're right. I saw only the second video.

Goddamn that's huge.

Meyneth

So... That Bravely Second Magnolia figure (with game code) got delayed until April. Which is weird since they usually don't send delay emails until the month of expected release?
Two of my books also got delayed to April (they were supposed to ship this month).

April's weight is getting crazy D:

Bombless

I'm piling things into my February order because I did good and didn't spend too much in January >_>;;

#logic

Good. Soon enough you'll be piling up stuff in the current month because stuff got delayed to the next :D

Oh my god, that Celia is cast-off as well? This is going to be a wallet jouster!

So... That Bravely Second Magnolia figure (with game code) got delayed until April. Which is weird since they usually don't send delay emails until the month of expected release?
Two of my books also got delayed to April (they were supposed to ship this month).

April's weight is getting crazy D:

I guess they want to release it after the game is out then, not before.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Ah, it's Momoko from Momo Kyun Sword. The show only I voted for in the AotY thread meaning I technically saw it as a better show than Ping Pong.

Amiibogaf split?

Figuregaf setting the trends.

Shall Actionfiguregaf split highend/lowend?

Tune in tomorrow to find out...
I just found out their was another earlier "split" (not that I ever saw anyone post these in this thread) in the form of the [thread=884444]Funko thread[/thread] (those rather ugly looking big headed things).

Ban Puncher

AmiAmi does Hot Toys, right? I've always wanted a HT Iron Man and I'm liking the look of the new Mark XLIII Age of Ultron release. Ordering from Japan is way cheaper than ordering from the US (better exchange rate, cheaper shipping, etc).

FUCK YEAH I GOT A ROSALINA, FINALLY.

AmiAmi does Hot Toys, right? I've always wanted a HT Iron Man and I'm liking the look of the new Mark XLIII Age of Ultron release. Ordering from Japan is way cheaper than ordering from the US (better exchange rate, cheaper shipping, etc).

I think they stopped selling them, Baka Zeitgeist might be able to give you more/better info, though.

Zerojul

Apparently they do some of them, but not all. Usually they don't sell the more pouplar ones on their english site.
For example, here's their Hot Toys listing for the english site :
http://slist.amiami.com/top/search/list?s_maker=Hot+Toys&pagemax=40

And this is the japanese site listing :
http://slist.amiami.jp/top/search/list?inctxt2=4&s_cate2=1081&s_maker=ホットトイズ&pagemax=40

The MkXLIII is already up for PO on the japanese site, I'm afraid it will never show up on the english one :/

I guess it's a deal with HT so official US/Euro distributor (Sideshow) doesn't get screwed over the imports.

Ban Puncher

Apparently they do some of them, but not all. Usually they don't sell the more pouplar ones on their english site.
For example, here's their Hot Toys listing for the english site :
http://slist.amiami.com/top/search/list?s_maker=Hot+Toys&pagemax=40

And this is the japanese site listing :
http://slist.amiami.jp/top/search/list?inctxt2=4&s_cate2=1081&s_maker=ホットトイズ&pagemax=40

The MkXLIII is already up for PO on the japanese site, I'm afraid it will never show up on the english one :/

I guess it's a deal with HT so official US/Euro distributor (Sideshow) doesn't get screwed over the imports.

Dang. And that 37k price on the Japanese site doesn't really seem all that cheap comparably after all.

Are there any reputable Australian distributors I can buy from locally, confident I'm not going to get an expensive bootleg?

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
well hmm i would prefer devil homura delayed... or mikasa.

But I guess it is my bday month so yolo? no idea

Mikasa DX has been pushed back twice, it's time for her to shine...

I was just charged for my final payment and she's shipped! She's coming! The feeling of a brand new Premium Format. It's a good feeling.
300115-wonder-woman-004.jpg

Awesome, glad to see someone getting good news during the dock strikes. After you get her though your gonna need another shelf...

Dat skintone, boobs are way too big, but that skintone might make me not care... I entered the 2012 GK contest on E2046 with a very similar skintone...

I just found out their was another earlier "split" (not that I ever saw anyone post these in this thread) in the form of the [thread=884444]Funko thread[/thread] (those rather ugly looking big headed things).

Never looked in the thread, I'll refrain from pissing off the fans of those things and just say "they aren't for me".

They used to, but had to stop sending them out internationally, the rumor was too many Americans were importing them Amiami for the same reason your thinking of doing it, so Sideshow flexed it's muscles and Hot Toys told Amiami and the rest of the Japanese shops to stop selling them abroad. Sideshow also tried to get ebay sellers to stop but that didn't happen.

You can however still find used Hot Toys on the Japanese site, but never new ones, of course you can still use a proxy, but that might eat into the savings you planned to make...

I'll look into Australian distributors for you, and get back to you sometime today, unless someone else beats me to it...

FUCK YEAH I GOT A ROSALINA, FINALLY.
I think they stopped selling them, Baka Zeitgeist might be able to give you more/better info, though.

Congrats on Rosalina!

Ban Puncher

They used to, but had to stop sending them out internationally, the rumor was too many Americans were importing them Amiami for the same reason your thinking of doing it, so Sideshow flexed it's muscles and Hot Toys told Amiami and the rest of the Japanese shops to stop selling them abroad. Sideshow also tried to get ebay sellers to stop but that didn't happen.

You can however still find used Hot Toys on the Japanese site, but never new ones, of course you can still use a proxy, but that might eat into the savings you planned to make...

I'll look into Australian distributors for you, and get back to you sometime today, unless someone else beats me to it...

Cheers duder.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Cheers duder.

Not as much info as I'd like to provide, but there are very few people collecting these in Australia, or I'm just searching in the wrong places. I also can't vouch for any of these places, but if you see a shop with a facebook/twitter account you can at least look them over and see how they deal and treat their customers..

shopforme
SciFiToys Australia
Ikon Collectables

Also found a thread on onesixthwarriors on the topic, it was started on 2009, but the last post is in 2014 (it's only 2 pages though) that has more info on the subject, and a few more places worth looking into.

You can also try to order from Sideshow directly, the major problem I've seen from Austrians is that the license sideshow have don't always extend that far, and there is a tons of stuff they won't ship. It's sorta like using amazon.jp

Thanks! About the dark skinned figure, those are her breasts? I thought she was kneeling.

Those are her breasts, trying to give mammon a run for worst case of spinal injury on a scale figure...

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/261121

Yaari

For Sideshow, are there no Japanese sites with good prices? You mentioned proxies but those can get as cheap as 300yen. Shouldn't that still be cheaper than buying locally?

Zerojul

Dang. And that 37k price on the Japanese site doesn't really seem all that cheap comparably after all.

Are there any reputable Australian distributors I can buy from locally, confident I'm not going to get an expensive bootleg?

Well I don't know about Australian distributors but I woud have told you to try Animarket, because they're Hong-Kong based (so potentially cheaper shipping for you), have a very good rep and good prices, but PO for the mk XLIII are closed :/ Sorry...

I found those two online, and they seem to be pretty legit :

http://www.popcultcha.com.au/the-av...th-scale-die-cast-hot-toys-action-figure.html

https://www.mightyape.com.au/produc...Iron-Man-Mark-XLIII-12-Action-Figure/22999018

Those prices, though... Close to 370 USD :(

Hope Baka can find you a better deal.

Edit : beaten

Ban Puncher

Not as much info as I'd like to provide, but there are very few people collecting these in Australia, or I'm just searching in the wrong places. I also can't vouch for any of these places, but if you see a shop with a facebook/twitter account you can at least look them over and see how they deal and treat their customers..

shopforme
SciFiToys Australia
Ikon Collectables

Also found a thread on onesixthwarriors on the topic, it was started on 2009, but the last post is in 2014 (it's only 2 pages though) that has more info on the subject, and a few more places worth looking into.

You can also try to order from Sideshow directly, the major problem I've seen from Austrians is that the license sideshow have don't always extend that far, and there is a tons of stuff they won't ship. It's sorta like using amazon.jp

Well I don't know about Australian distributors but I woud have told you to try Animarket, because they're Hong-Kong based (so potentially cheaper shipping for you), have a very good rep and good prices, but PO for the mk XLIII are closed :/ Sorry...

I found those two online, and they seem to be pretty legit :

http://www.popcultcha.com.au/the-av...th-scale-die-cast-hot-toys-action-figure.html

https://www.mightyape.com.au/produc...Iron-Man-Mark-XLIII-12-Action-Figure/22999018

Those prices, though... Close to 370 USD :(

Hope Baka can find you a better deal.

Edit : beaten

Thank you for the help guys. Looks like around $470 AUD is the standard local price which isn't too bad considering the figure is $350 USD on BBTS plus add another $80 USD for shipping which comes to $550 AUD with the current exchange rate. Ikon and PopCultcha are listed as official distributors on Hot Toys website so I'll probably check them out. Thanks again.

StayDead

I officially need some Génoise nendos from Dog Days. I've loved it since it first aired and season 3 is even better than before.

Vert, Noire and Joan. Give them to me!

RKYu3Qx.png

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
For Sideshow, are there no Japanese sites with good prices? You mentioned proxies but those can get as cheap as 300yen. Shouldn't that still be cheaper than buying locally?

I never rule anything out, but I'm just not aware of them if they exist.

There might be a way to do a proxy amazon.jp buy with like BIJ, and have them mark the value down for when they ship it to me, but that would only work for deeply discounted older figures their trying clear stock of.

I'm so far down the Hot Toy rabbit hole I just buy them straight outta Hong Kong on release day when I "need" them, with only the Star Wars line getting the "buy locally" treatment. By the time they release in Japan I either already have it, or didn't really want it in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom