• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't get out of bed today until 3PM. :O

I slept the sleep of the Gods in preparation for WonFest.

Also, Skytube/Alphamax preview:
tumblr_njexedB8Yx1qzdctco1_500.jpg

Is that a painted Angela Balzac I spy?

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
allright. be strong.

It's sold out, so I made it...

It's bugged out or something. 3 minutes in if you tried to check out with one in your cart it wouldn't let you.

Yeah had to add it to my basket to see that, well the one I really wanted is gone, and the other one, while nice, just isn't the same. I'll keep on eye on the makers of it and see if they offer up a better posed one later this year...

I know Electric Tiki's been working on a tastefully nude one that will show up sometime this year, but their stuff can be hit or miss...

Figma Akagi is awesome!
might be my favorite Figma after Okabe from Steins;Gate.

but Jesus the "carrier shield" is a huge pain to attach, was afraid I would break it.

yami4ct

It begins.

Each of those boxes have 6 bottles. Going all in on Mr. Color now. Have to get some generic lacquer thinner for cleaning my airbrush and have 4 bottles coming, so it'll still be bit before I get started.

It begins.

Each of those boxes have 6 bottles. Going all in on Mr. Color now. Have to get some generic lacquer thinner for cleaning my airbrush and have 4 bottles coming, so it'll still be bit before I get started.

Good luck man. Excited to see your work. Went to Hobby Lobby today for some plaques for bases and pastels for shading. Just waiting for my Satsuki to arrive now.

yami4ct

Good luck man. Excited to see your work. Went to Hobby Lobby today for some plaques for bases and pastels for shading. Just waiting for my Satsuki to arrive now.

My first projects aren't really going to be anything that special. Just focusing on getting a nice finish, fixing seams and giving the models their correct coloring.

Right now my project slate is

HG Build Burning
HG Build Burning Try
HG Winning Gundam
HG Star Winning Gundam
HG Lightning Gundam w/ Back Weapon System
HG Back Weapon System MK. II
HG G-Self Assault Pack
MG Double X

and maybe a HG Mac Knife. Once I get through all those, I might get into shading and other more technical modeling techniques.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
It begins.

Tamiya is my standard for airbrushing, but I'm going to try some other brands out soon.

My first projects aren't really going to be anything that special. Just focusing on getting a nice finish, fixing seams and giving the models their correct coloring.

Right now my project slate is

HG Build Burning
HG Build Burning Try
HG Winning Gundam
HG Star Winning Gundam
HG Lightning Gundam w/ Back Weapon System
HG Back Weapon System MK. II
HG G-Self Assault Pack
MG Double X

and maybe a HG Mac Knife. Once I get through all those, I might get into shading and other more technical modeling techniques.

Oh ok Gunpla. I was thinking GK's for some reason. Still want to see the results.

yami4ct

Tamiya is my standard for airbrushing, but I'm going to try some other brands out soon.

I've always used Tamiya and there's definitely some real benefits to them. Easily available, thin with just cheap Isopropyl Alcohol, don't have to prime before applying. Having used lacquers before, though, I really don't want to go back. The finish is gorgeous and the fact they dry in like 10 minutes makes it much easier to avoid getting dust trapped in the paint or anything like that. The variety of Mr. Color is also just so much better suited to GunPla.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I've always used Tamiya and there's definitely some real benefits to them. Easily available, thin with just cheap Isopropyl Alcohol, don't have to prime before applying. Having used lacquers before, though, I really don't want to go back. The finish is gorgeous and the fact they dry in like 10 minutes makes it much easier to avoid getting dust trapped in the paint or anything like that. The variety of Mr. Color is also just so much better suited to GunPla.

I don't like lacquer paints mostly because they are so much more volatile than other paints. But the finish and durability is awesome.

In other news, Snow Miku is super cute. Too bad Rin is best vocaloid. :3

I cannot believe this "complain in GAF and it will work" thing. I complained about my package being stuck at Japan/wherever it was here and today I got an update that it arrived at my country.

Yay.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
It begins.

How do you plan on on flushing your airbrush after using lacquer? Do you just spray lacquer thinner out of the airbrush?

yami4ct

How do you plan on on flushing your airbrush after using lacquer? Do you just spray lacquer thinner out of the airbrush?

Yup. Was talking to a buddy of mine who does a lot of GunPla modeling for conventions and stuff. He advised me to thin with Mr Color Leveling Thinner, flush with generic hardware store lacquer thinner.

I cannot believe this "complain in GAF and it will work" thing. I complained about my package being stuck at Japan/wherever it was here and today I got an update that it arrived at my country.

Yay.
La complain brotherhood (ლ╹◡╹)ლლ(╹◡╹ლ) told you it works ;D
January Order Get!
Wants photos for the Raiden (◕‿‿◕。)
@moonlitsaki: It starts tomorrow! http://t.co/UHpZjB3kyq #WIN_WF_excl http://t.co/tK7z6fhOOX
gsc_wonfes2015wintertwitter.jpg

kewlmyc

Take some unboxed pics of Mushibugyo. I want to see herrrrrrrr.

With bonus Chaika.

Nice! Are you gonna take some pictures of Yukiko?

Included Yosuke since I know he's your favorite character. My Yu, Izanagi, and Magatsu-Izanagi are one the shelf to the left, waiting for Adachi to arrive.

Nice, you picked up that Yukiko from Amiami that was sitting there for a few weeks in Jan, didn't you?. I may be looking for one later this year after Deathuary is past.

Yeah it was me. Couldn't stand how Megahouse Yukiko looked, so I upgraded. Sold of MH Yukiko for $25 because I feel that's how much she's worth. As good as a prize figure.

Wants photos for the Raiden (◕‿‿◕。)

HE FUCKING LIGHTS UP BRO!

taoofjord

Finally added Luigi in with his brother plus the extras from the additional playset. Quite a nice Mario corner going on in the cabinet, shame there aren't more sets to make a massive diorama as the figuarts series are fantastic.
IMG_0497%20res.jpg

I'd love to see your whole display, can you take more pictures? And are you using a detolf with an added mirror behind it?

omlet

Yeah it was me. Couldn't stand how Megahouse Yukiko looked, so I upgraded. Sold of MH Yukiko for $25 because I feel that's how much she's worth. As good as a prize figure.
Was it the shiny hair or what? I kind of like pose the MH one has better, and some shots make her look good, but others make her paint job look way too shiny.

Ugh, please stop Aniplex. I don't use twitter...someone go tell them to stop for me!

Bombless

aniplex knows how to get my attention...

this will be my first Wonfes since I began to post here, dunno what should I expect... actually, my wallet doesn't know what to expect lol *cries*

Well, your wallet will be safe for a while, WonFes stuff is mostly released in the following year.

kewlmyc

Was it the shiny hair or what? I kind of like pose the MH one has better, and some shots make her look good, but others make her paint job look way too shiny.

Her hair didn't look like hair to me, more like noodles or something. Plus her face didn't look like Yukiko at all in my opinion. johnsmith would probably agree with me as well, think he had her at one point.

Also hopefully my Jan order is the last order that is that big. All my orders for the rest of the year consist of 3 or less figures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom