• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
aniplex knows how to get my attention...

this will be my first Wonfes since I began to post here, dunno what should I expect... actually, my wallet doesn't know what to expect lol *cries*

Expect to be excited for more things than you can possibly afford, and appalled at yourself for being such an easy mark for the figure companies.

SoldnerKei

Well, your wallet will be safe for a while, WonFes stuff is mostly released in the following year.

that's good to know

I am aware that a couple of figures I want will be displayed there, but I know there will be a few more will be added to the wishlist.

Expect to be excited for more things than you can possibly afford, and appalled at yourself for being such an easy mark for the figure companies.

I think this pretty much how it will be xD

There'll be some twitter accounts that will tweet a load of figures etc, but last time IIRC we mostly checked on MFC for new figure updates, can't recall which twitter accounts had primarily the newest figure photos though, will post it here once those accounts go photo crazy again.
Your best bet is to keep refreshing ohnoraptors blog and Plastikitty.
And them.
287672.jpg

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/287672

There'll be some twitter accounts that will tweet a load of figures etc, but last time IIRC we mostly checked on MFC for new figure updates, can't recall which twitter accounts had primarily the newest figure photos though, will post it here once those accounts go photo crazy again.

And them.

Wow at that picture, that's like heaven in that photo.

More like hell, actually. Huehue

Wanderer5

Ah okay, well should be fun still.

Outside of snow miku, think I just only interested in seeing if Zero Suit Samus is there, but I sure there be a surprise or two (or more.:p)

Being realistic, from WonFes I just want ZSS figma, ALBW figma, Prison School scales, Cordelia scale, that bike girl thing.

I thought about buying that Atobe King scale but it would be too otome for me.

Einbroch

Banned
Cordelia should be there. If she's sculpted, that's good. If her art cards shows up, that's okay. If she's completely MIA, RIP.

Yaari

So we're getting Kyoko Sakura and Sayaka Miki Maiko figures it seems. There's some teasers up on that OhNoRaptors blog. I still need to get Mami when she comes out, but that's the first set of figures I will complete.

Her hair didn't look like hair to me, more like noodles or something. Plus her face didn't look like Yukiko at all in my opinion. johnsmith would probably agree with me as well, think he had her at one point.

Also hopefully my Jan order is the last order that is that big. All my orders for the rest of the year consist of 3 or less figures.

I'm pretty happy with her. Then again I'm new to this game.

Anime

Neo Member
If you guys dont mind me asking but I have a question regarding the dark angel Olivia figure , is she worth the price? I see that's she getting a restock in June and i have been thinking about putting a pre order down for her just wondering if anyone here who has the figure likes what they received.

Arkadios

I have it. She is gorgeous, and massive. Some seem to prefer the alternate color version with the red cloth and twintails but I prefer the original one. The details are amazing, one of the best figures of last year IMO.

Anime

Neo Member
I have it. She is gorgeous, and massive. Some seem to prefer the alternate color version with the red cloth and twintails but I prefer the original one. The details are amazing, one of the best figures of last year IMO.

Thanks for your response! Im now siding with pre ordering her now! I figured that she was a beauty in person just need some confirmation!

Yaari

Thanks for your response! Im now siding with pre ordering her now! I figured that she was a beauty in person just need some confirmation!

I don't have the figure but people on the MFC site seem to like it a lot. What I usually do is look at a review on Youtube simply because I think its better at showing quality than pictures. This figure looks pretty awesome IMO.

omlet

So we're getting Kyoko Sakura and Sayaka Miki Maiko figures it seems. There's some teasers up on that OhNoRaptors blog. I still need to get Mami when she comes out, but that's the first set of figures I will complete.

These have been on MFC for a while after they were teased last year (I think it was last year). I'm excited to see them since I have Madoka and Homura with Mami preordered!

If you guys dont mind me asking but I have a question regarding the dark angel Olivia figure , is she worth the price? I see that's she getting a restock in June and i have been thinking about putting a pre order down for her just wondering if anyone here who has the figure likes what they received.

Personally I really like the red version a whole lot better but the original is good, too. I preordered it the day it went up (last year). Zero regrets. She is fabulous! Here are a few pics I took back when I first got my DSLR last year. Lighting isn't great but anyway...maybe they will help you compare and decide :)
Edit: Samurai_Heart's links should give you an even better comparison. More thorough photo shoots than my shots.

Anime

Neo Member
I don't have the figure but people on the MFC site seem to like it a lot. What I usually do is look at a review on Youtube simply because I think its better at showing quality than pictures. This figure looks pretty awesome IMO.

Thanks for the info! , im checking Youtube as i type this to see how others think about her so far most of the comments are positive but just in case are there any Reviewers you recommend? A Nice detailed review would be cool

Here you go photo galleries:

WOW! Im not surprised at her high price anymore, no wonder everyone was claiming that she was one of the best last year the detail and the majestic pose just kills her competition! she was under my radar until only recently when the restocks were announced definitely can't miss out on this

Yaari

Thanks for the info! , im checking Youtube as i type this to see how others think about her so far most of the comments are positive but just in case are there any Reviewers you recommend? A Nice detailed review would be cool

Nope, not really. I just vary. I actually do it to get my own look at it, since it will be in my room after all, so even if a reviewer is not too happy with it, as long as I will be, it's all good. But this figure in particular is getting great scores on MFC and the detail looks sick in the few videos that I did see. I don't think you can go wrong with it.

Edit: What the fuck, Bee Girls?

Nope, not really. I just vary. I actually do it to get my own look at it, since it will be in my room after all, so even if a reviewer is not too happy with it, as long as I will be, it's all good. But this figure in particular is getting great scores on MFC and the detail looks sick in the few videos that I did see. I don't think you can go wrong with it.

Edit: What the fuck, Bee Girls?
Chu Feng - Liu Li - 1/8 (Aspire, Revolve)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlrVuBr6vys

Anime

Neo Member
These have been on MFC for a while after they were teased last year (I think it was last year). I'm excited to see them since I have Madoka and Homura with Mami preordered!

Personally I really like the red version a whole lot better but the original is good, too. I preordered it the day it went up (last year). Zero regrets. She is fabulous! Here are a few pics I took back when I first got my DSLR last year. Lighting isn't great but anyway...maybe they will help you compare and decide :)

Oh man even the Alternate looks great! I assumed my chance on getting this version was gone as she was a Festival exclusive if im not mistaken? what would you say would be a fair price for this version? The original (Restock) is going for about roughly $100 USD on amiami right now and thats pretty enticing

I now know what you guys mean now , my wallet is gonna die from all this lol

L95

Her foot behind the... loincloth(?) feels like it's missing.

(I like to point out things in drawings. It makes me feel better)

omlet

Oh man even the Alternate looks great! I assumed my chance on getting this version was gone as she was a Festival exclusive if im not mistaken? what would you say would be a fair price for this version? The original (Restock) is going for about roughly $100 USD on amiami right now and thats pretty enticing

I now know what you guys mean now , my wallet is gonna die from all this lol

She (the red version) was $140 brand new from Koto's web shop. The page indicates she's actually still available so you could try there. Guaranteed legit and cheap shipping. She was also sold in limited numbers by Crunchyroll's shop later for a slightly better price (no idea if they have any left).

She pops up from time to time on amiami/mandarake preowned BUT beware no matter which version you get her box is huge so you will have to use EMS shipping if you import from Japan so no joke you're looking at $40 or so for shipping (koto US shop only charges like $12 flat rate for fedex in the US, so that's a big difference).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom