• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's always money in the banana stand.

giphy.gif

Einbroch

Banned
Who had Nendoroid raiser pictures to share? I forgot who it was but I would like to see them. Was a few pages back.

Here you go, in the process of moving so I only have the two to show.

Nendo Risers! WHAT SHOULD I GET?!

There are essentially three styles of riser: clear, black, and reflective. Clear is, duh, clear. Black is solid black with a shiny surface, like your "favorite" gaming console. Reflective is simply mirrored. Style is totally a preference. A lot of people like clear for DETOLFs, because that makes sense with the clear glass bottom. However, man, I LOVE the reflective risers. The mirror really reflects light and illuminates your Nendos from all angles. Black, is, well, black. Could look sleek, but I have no experience.

Height matters. Nendos are about three inches tall. But the base adds about 1/4th of an inch. Throw on hats or dynamic poses, and you've got ~four inches. Therefore, you absolutely must get four inch risers. You might even want to get five inches, depending on how much space you want. Again, preference. I think four is perfect.

I bought mine at Advert Displays.

I don't have a full setup, but here are a few pictures to help you decide. Reflective is 4 inches. Clear is only 1.5 inches. Sorry for the shitbox camera.

Impotaku

Wow. My son's been debating for a while on whether he'll open up his. And he's resisted the temptation. That looks great though. I'll have to show him that. And never thought to get extra playsets. That's smart thinking. Do you know if they're releasing any new playsets when Yoshi comes out?

I'm hoping with each new figure from the Mario SF figuarts series they do that they release an expansion to the playsets. Wish there were some different height pipes or maybe some pipes with a side piece or a playset pack with a load of blocks as it gets expensive buying loads of the sets just to get 3 blocks at a time, thankfully a few places had the playsets on clearance so i picked up one extra of each on top of the original 2 i bought when i got my Mario figure. Hoping Bowser & Peach get figuarts, a huge diorama taking up the entire shelf would be awesome.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Oh man, I told myself only GK to paint, but I am about to preorder figures.

The time has come to open my wallet and make it so.

Grabbing this:

KOT11154.jpg

While I wait for this to arrive:

KOT11255.jpg

i have both,(well, wife has both) theyre both great

I'm glad shiftplusone had the balls to pull the trigger then. I love B/C or A/C stuff. Who cares about the box being beat up a little when the figure itself is unaffected. You get a good figure, but at a much discounted price.

if the box shows up like this i'll be okay as long as the figure is good

my-snack-items-are-glorious-despite-post-offices-hard-effort-to-ruin-the-exchange-for-me-1363723192.jpg

I'm hoping with each new figure from the Mario SF figuarts series they do that they release an expansion to the playsets. Wish there were some different height pipes or maybe some pipes with a side piece or a playset pack with a load of blocks as it gets expensive buying loads of the sets just to get 3 blocks at a time, thankfully a few places had the playsets on clearance so i picked up one extra of each on top of the original 2 i bought when i got my Mario figure. Hoping Bowser & Peach get figuarts, a huge diorama taking up the entire shelf would be awesome.

Bowser would be HUGE (and incredibly awesome). I picked my son up the World of Nintendo Bowser which works AWESOME with the figuarts scale.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So I'm in the process of preordering that Kotori figure...Question on shipping!

EMS vs everything else? I've never done this.

Also, that Saber figure is going to have be ordered as well. Is that something that will be available on AmiAmi, or do I have to get that through somewhere else when it becomes available?

Yaari

Also, that Saber figure is going to have be ordered as well. Is that something that will be available on AmiAmi, or do I have to get that through somewhere else when it becomes available?
EMS more expensive and prone to custom charges. Recommend SAL. Takes a little longer.

Looks good Tempy!

I use EMS, being in the US we never really see the custom charges. You pay a little more but it gets to you pretty quickly on average. I would say do that or SAL Registered so you will have a tracking number. You can also change your mind on this when you go to pay for it.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
EMS more expensive and prone to custom charges. Recommend SAL. Takes a little longer.

Looks good Tempy!

OK, thanks.

E: SAL Small Packet (registered), yes?

Also, where does one find sold out/used figures? I know you guys have mentioned them here before. There's at least one Hanayo that I'd love to have. :|

omlet

You're in the US?

For Amiami shipping, the only options you should really consider are EMS (tracking), SAL (no tracking), and RSAL (SAL Registered; tracking). EMS is expensive but fast (usually within 1 week). SAL is cheap but slower (typically half as much money, three times as much wait time). There's a matrix on their FAQ about the details (insurance, etc.). Note that large orders (usually 3+ small scales or like 5+ nendos or in that vicinity, or even a single large box scale figure) will be too big for a SAL package and Amiami will force you to use EMS for those orders.

I always use RSAL unless the order is too big.

OK, thanks.

Also, where does one find sold out/used figures? I know you guys have mentioned them here before. There's at least one Hanayo that I'd love to have. :|

Amiami preowned and Mandarake are the main places (you need to search using kana and kanji on mandarake). Also MFC, amazon marketplace, and a few others.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes

Looks good Tempy!

Thanks.

Each riser is 25cm wide. Three of them fit snugly inside a Billy bookcase.

I have 5cm, 10cm, 15cm tall ones. 20cm ones would also work.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Thanks for the info guys.

It's done - I have placed my first official figure (non-GK) purchase. I'm sure my wife will understand, right? :3

E: This is the Love Live! School Idol Festival - Kotori Minami of course.

M1WVgqe.jpg

johnsmith

remember me
Thanks for the info guys.

It's done - I have placed my first official figure (non-GK) purchase. I'm sure my wife will understand, right? :3

E: This is the Love Live! School Idol Festival - Kotori Minami of course.

M1WVgqe.jpg

It's easier to ask forgiveness than for permission.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
It's easier to ask forgiveness than for permission.

My collection of Japanese import Nanoblocks tells me she understands and accepts my hobbies and fascination with Japanese toys. My collection of blocks WELL exceeds $3000, so this is a drop in the bucket, right? :3

E: Two avatar quotes in a very short period of time. My adoration for some of these figures is strong today!

omlet

You have until July to set the money aside, no problem!

Meanwhile, I'm dying over here this month...

UTrbFag.jpg

Received Labrys in the mail today. Skirt looks a little funny, but still looks great. Also larger than what I expected!

BjhrciV.jpg

UaD8Lvu.jpg

Nice! If I had the Aigis I probably would have sprung for Labrys, too.

Giolon

Received Labrys in the mail today. Skirt looks a little funny, but still looks great. Also larger than what I expected!

BjhrciV.jpg

UaD8Lvu.jpg

Looks mighty fine. It was too expensive for my wallet though. I'm hoping some nicely priced second hand units will make their way around before too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom