• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Wonder how much Yamato will be....

iQqL6jbjDU4Je.png

Who cares, she's an insta-buy for me

She really has a ton of parts someone needs to assemble. They can compensate somewhat by not giving her alternate faceplates for example, although I don't think that's likely.

chrono01

Yeah, I have a question. (Madoka spoilers)

I haven't seen the series, but I've found out a few spoilers from it. Does no one else feel disturbed about how the Madoka figures present the girls as cutesy and occasionaly risque (like this one in particular) in contrast how gruesome and brutal her death is?
I think that's why the series is as beloved as it is.

On the outside, it seems like one of those traditional/stereotypical "magical girl" series, but really it's a lot darker than you're led to believe. The scene you mentioned being one the turning point when things get a lot more bleak.

Ultimadrago

"Show Me The Moneeey! Wait, I have to show You the money?...Well, shit" (Must-haves):

Kirby Nendoroid (GSC) - Finally the standard Kirby figure I never knew I was waiting for.

Futaba Anzu Scale (Kotobukiya) - Finally Best Cinderella Girl finally gets a scale.

Mercedes Re-Release (Alter) - Finally YEEEES!

"Show Me The Finish and Maybe I'll Show You The Money" (Pending high approval):

Tali'Zorah nar Rayya [Hot tip: Don't give her a face and just keep the mask, Koto. You will screw it up.] (Kotobukiya)

As far as WonFes goes, this is actually a larger list than what I usually walk out with.

"You Get No Money, But Look Damn Cool" (Like, Won't Buy):

Mankanshoku Mako (GSC) - I don't like Kill la Kill, but Two-Star Mako is pretty tight and looks the part here.

Skyward Sword Link Scale (GSC) - A Link scale is a cause for celebration
(It's based off one of the worst Zelda titles)
, but hey! Looking solid thus far.

Dragon's Crown Sorceress (Max Factory) - I just like the sculpt and pose going for this one. Looking forward to seeing more shots of it

Cordelia (Max Factory) - I hate Cordelia. This is a nice sculpt. Next!

There's more for this final part, but can't be arsed to track the rest down. Will likely comment throughout the event.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Kinda annoying I can't combine orders from the different Goodsmile stores. I want Nendoroid More: Dress-Up Swimsuits but can't combine it with Re-Class/SnowMiku :/

I think that's why the series is as beloved as it is.

On the outside, it seems like one of those traditional/stereotypical "magical girl" series, but really it's a lot darker than you're led to believe. The scene you mentioned being one the turning point when things get a lot more bleak.

I dunno, I'm a bit squeamish, and if I had one of those figures, everytime I looked at her I'd see that scene again.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
nendoroids are getting really top heavy now. To get Snow miku 2014 to sit right I had to basically tighten all the screws on the supports and really carefully set it all in place.
Dont get me started on how tough it was to setup Sakura's flying pose (worth it though)
Sakura's hat is so heavy you have to rotate her neck joint first to prevent her head from leaning back.

Theonik

It's mainly the ones with a lot more parts and exclusive ones that start at about 5k. They seem to go between 3 and 5k now.
Dunno. Can't see why Re is that expensive. Also I have come to loathe how limited some Nendos are.

the amount of Nendo announcements have been insane. Nendo collectors are probably crying for their wallet
Thank fuck my battlechest for that shit is in the order of several thousand. I'd be crying otherwise.

raven777

Ok here is my roundup of WonFes 2015 Winter.

Must Buy

Alter - Kotegawa Yui

My favorite character from ToLoveRu and it's made by Alter. Unless the painted version comes out horrible, I am getting this

Alter - Chitoge

I don't like Chitoge from Nisekoi. She is probably my least favorite from the 4 girls. But this figure is just too good. The unpainted sculpt was already great, but the painted version takes it to another level. Max Factory's Chitoge is not bad, but for me this one blows it away. Unless the price is ridiculous, I will probably buy it.

Interested to see more

Skytube - some cat-girl drawn by Hisasi

First proper Hisasi figure, cat girl, cast-off. Very interested to see how it looks painted.

Orchid Seed - some girl

I don't think anyone else here is probably interested in her. The reason I am interestered in her is because it's by the same sculptor who made Orchid Seed Kurumu which I really liked. The face was not that great but the body sculpt was one of my favorite so I am looking forward to this one. And it's cast-off.

GSC - Utaha

Never watched Saekano but I like the design by Misaki Kurehito and the figure looks good.

GSC - Shigure

I don't buy KanColle stuff but this one looks exceptional in terms of quality. I really like the face...and it kinda has that Gk feel to it.

Phat - makoto

I already pre-ordered the best idolm@ster girl AKA Miki, but this one's quality is exceptional. Probably best im@s figure (non-Cinderella girls) to date.

Phat - Yui

If I can take her out from that weird thing, than yea I am really interested to see more of her.

Wing - Nisei Muramasa

I still don't have any brown girl in my collection. The previous Wing Muramasa seemed quite good. So looking forward to how this turns out.

Max Factory - Sento Isuzu

I really wanted good Sento figure. We had 2 so far, and both were based on LN art instead of anime art. This one is also by Max Factory so I think the quality will be great. But I am not really fan of the outfit choice and MF these days have crazy price.

GSC - Eriri

Good art by Misaki Kurehito and it's GSC. The first one seems good quality so interested to see this one as well.

Theonik

Kinda annoying I can't combine orders from the different Goodsmile stores. I want Nendoroid More: Dress-Up Swimsuits but can't combine it with Re-Class/SnowMiku :/
This is why I don't shop on the Goodsmile store. I have missed out on some awesome extras but that and EMS only shipping is a no-go for me. Sticking mostly to HLJ right now because their service is ace and Private Warehouse is the most fly feature ever. Given how limited that shit is.

My potential future damage from WonFes 2015 Winter

Must buy (1st row)
  • Cordelia (Max Factory)
  • Asseylum Vers Allusia (Kotobukiya)
  • Marth (Nendoroid)
  • Moritomo Nozomi (Nendoroid)
  • Doma Umaru (Nendoroid)
  • Yamato (Nendoroid)
  • Shiida (Nendoroid)

High priority (2nd row)
  • Angela Balzac (Figma)
  • Kirigiri Kyouko (Flare)
  • Angela Balzac (Nendoroid)
  • Saber 10th Anniversary (Aniplex)
  • Miyazono Kaori (Aniplex)
  • Livie Collete (GSC)
  • Tougou Mimori (Alter)
  • Yuuki Yuuna (Nendoroid)
  • Yuuki Yuuna (Alter)

Low priority (3rd row)
  • Kasumigaoka Utaha (GSC)
  • Celty Sturluson (Nendoroid)
  • Laura Bodewig (Nendoroid)
  • Eclair Martinozzi (Nendoroid)
  • Saber Bride (GSC)

Yaari

Hmm, if GSC is really only EMS shipping, I will buy the 2 Nendoroid elsewhere. Don't want to use EMS anymore with the 100% guaranteed custom charges over here.

Femto.

Okay FigureGAF,

I'm incredibly drunk, my best friend's wedding just happened, and I had a magnificent night.

Just caught up on all tje won fes news.

Painted MF Femto; HHHHNNNNNNNGGGGGG!!!!!!
release 2017 plz

MF Sorceress: DAMN IT! I love her prototype. (I'm royally rekt if MF does the whole cast)

MM Link nendo & scale link: must haves

Cordelia: yay she's real!

Koto Raven: HNNNGGG

Samurai Bride Archer chick: looks great, don't want to get into these figs though.

Re-release of all these vanillaware figs: damn it I'm screwed.

Uhh Pokemon figs? Skimmed through those because drunk.

I think that's all I wanted to comment on...I think.

Edit: Missed one thing (I think), Ky looks like poop.

And wth, no Tales figs?

Edit 2: Kirby nendo YASSSSS

Bombless

I am 150% certain that nendo Yamato Kai Heavy Armaments Version will be GSC store exclusive, possibly even Wonderful Hobby Selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom