• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

Welp, just impulse bought this off of HLJ to ship with PG Unicorn.

m183.jpg

Wanted this kit for a while and bulk shipping it with Unicorn will make some sense. Going to be a hell of a building Holiday, hahaha.

Man, I really shouldn't be impulse buying this month, but I promise this it.

Meyneth

Yeah I just saw it. I might have things mix up, but how much is 6,296 yen in US money? I want to try to not spend over $55-60 at the time being. Otherwise I wait a bit before considering a preorder.
The amount in US dollars will depend on the conversion rate in April (since most places won't charge you until then). My general rule is to go 2 decimal places over, so 6,296yen would be around $62.96 (then you'll have to take a guess with shipping).

omlet

Yeah I just saw it. I might have things mix up, but how much is 6,296 yen in US money? I want to try to not spend over $55-60 at the time being. Otherwise I wait a bit before considering a preorder.

Conversion rate varies by day and it takes you all of 15 seconds to check it (right now it's heavily in our favor buying with USD) but the safe estimate is 1 yen = 1 cent, so that puts it at about $63, but retailers will discount that even more probably.

Edit: And there's the link posted above, that's $44 with today's exchange rate, but don't expect that same number 5 months from now.

Wanderer5

The amount in US dollars will depend on the conversion rate in April (since most places won't charge you until then). My general rule is to go 2 decimal places over, so 6,296yen would be around $62.96 (then you'll have to take a guess with shipping).

Would probably end up being around $75-80 with shipping.:/ That be pushing it a bit lol, but keep a eye still.

Nintendo is about the only thing Ill drop money for in regards to figures. Glad I popped in here, I'll keep my eye on that Lucina.

Also thinking about getting that WW Link nendo. He's the only Nendo whose looks I can tolerate haha.

omlet

Would probably end up being around $75-80 with shipping.:/ That be pushing it a bit lol, but keep a eye still.

Read the posts above yours... $65 including shipping is more likely (if you just got it by itself and didn't have a huge box to ship).

Wanderer5

Read the posts above yours... $65 including shipping is more likely (if you just got it by itself and didn't have a huge box to ship).

Guess I will do more research/keeping a eye out. I don't think I ever bought anything overseas from Japan heh. I tend to get stuff like figmas and such when I am at Anime AX XD

omlet

Guess I will do more research/keeping a eye out. I don't think I ever bought anything overseas from Japan heh. I tend to get stuff like figmas and such when I am at Anime AX XD
It's very rare that you'll find a convention hall dealer selling anything for a better deal than importing directly. It's very easy to import figures from places like amiami and usually much much cheaper. International shipping is not as expensive as you might fear.

Meyneth

Well, lets do a rough estimate now:
Amiami has her listed at 5,200 (~$52) and if you only bought one and that was all that is in the order then the package would be fairly light. EMS would probably be around 1,500-2,000 (~20) and if you went with the cheaper shipping options (air, registered SAL, SAL) it will be much less.
So if you're going all out with EMS the total would be 7,200 (~$72), less if you go with the SAL shipping options.

bought ps4, 3x ds4, infamous ss, curtain call, xbox1, sony a5000 camera today.

what. Might return the xbox. Musashi is as good as an xbox right?

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
What's the chance of Amazon carrying Figma Snake and Lucina? They definitely had Link and Samus earlier this year, but they never got Pit.

I've never ordered from AmiAmi before.
my wallet ;_;

chrono01

She looks great, but I'm worried about the price.

What's the chance of Amazon carrying Figma Snake and Lucina? They definitely had Link and Samus earlier this year, but they never got Pit.

my wallet ;_;
The Link and Samus figma were kind of an exception considering they were re-releases. Amazon [outside of Amazon.co.jp] don't carry new releases from Good Smile Company, Max Factory, etc., so your only option is to import it from Japan or try an import store.

AmiAmi comes highly recommended by me though, and in addition to getting it a lot faster than waiting for a local import store to receive it, you'll likely pay at/near the same price anyway.

Just pre-order from AmiAmi, choose SAL Registered [or Unregistered, if you'd like] and worry not.

My condolences to your wallet.

So it looks like the night after I watch Frozen, I can't find the Nendo Elsa up for pre-order anywhere :|
Hobby Search still has her.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10302402

yami4ct

my wallet ;_;

Don't know much about Figmas, but I can say AmiAmi is great. They aren't as user friendly as HLJ, but I've never had any of the issues with them overselling stock and not being able to fulfill orders on the first shipment that I've had on occasion with HLJ. The time it takes them to ship your order after you pay is lightning fast, too, which is a huge plus.

Caladrius

Yeah, that Lucina's a bit much considering how much I like the character (I like her design, but not much else). Too bad she'll probably be snapped up, I'd get her at a discount.

johnsmith

remember me
Did a little midnight shopping. The Disney side of these were sold out everywhere. I grabbed the only Merida I could find, and I couldn't find a single Tinkerbell, Big Hero 6 character, or Maleficent in 4 walmarts or 2 targets. Hulk was also sold out everywhere, but otherwise there were plenty of Marvel characters to go around. The starter packs were also really hard to find. And very little 1.0 stuff left.

PefFyUa.jpg

Amiibos and skylanders were everywhere. Nobody wants that crap.

Zerojul

Don't know much about Figmas, but I can say AmiAmi is great. They aren't as user friendly as HLJ, but I've never had any of the issues with them overselling stock and not being able to fulfill orders on the first shipment that I've had on occasion with HLJ. The time it takes them to ship your order after you pay is lightning fast, too, which is a huge plus.

Funny, I just had my first "setback" with Amiami today, got a mail to warn me that they probably won't be able to secure a D-Style Optimus Prime that I had on order. It was totally to be expected as it was a "Tentative Preorder" and it's absolutely not their fault. But I'm still disappointed :-(

On other news, I just ordered my first Sideshow Collectibles 1/6 figure. I'm scared.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes

I love their prototypes, but after buying goat girl (aka Diabolus Ungulate) I'd never pay full price for an Embrace Japan figure, she came out like a bad bootleg...

Did a little midnight shopping. The Disney side of these were sold out everywhere. I grabbed the only Merida I could find, and I couldn't find a single Tinkerbell, Big Hero 6 character, or Maleficent in 4 walmarts or 2 targets. Hulk was also sold out everywhere, but otherwise there were plenty of Marvel characters to go around. The starter packs were also really hard to find. And very little 1.0 stuff left.

PefFyUa.jpg

Amiibos and skylanders were everywhere. Nobody wants that crap.

Good haul, this man knows what's up!

I didn't pre-order Marth/Lucina, I just got a PS4 during BF deals so I might not get around to Fire Emblem. Can someone tell me why the dude on the cover of the game is also a lady? Please spoil me if you have to, is it the same character or what?

Also is Daydream Collection any good? Dat sun tanned lady with pervy Octopus caught my eye....

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
http://www.hlj.com/blackfriday2014.html

Haven't checked to see if there's anything good yet

Looks like a percent off if you spend a certain amount at retail price rather then a price slashing figure sale :(

Which is good, I don't need to buy figures, I just bought a PS4 last night, and spent too much on Black Friday stuff through the week...

Edit: Devil's Cheerleader is being held by parcelforce, ransom note next week, figure next year at the rate they move. I'm over exaggerating, but I was hoping that Erostika would ship it more discretely... Connery head has been shipped as well...

Quick question, does anybody know of any good flight/display standards for Play Arts Kai scale figures? I bought Supergirl and I was trying to put her into a hovering pose and the stand broke. She's got heels as well so she struggles to stand on her own power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom