• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlmyc

I thought that was him. That material doesn't look like regular PVC, though. Unless they specifically went for that look with the painting.

I caved already! I mean, what more could you want? They even tossed Cornelius in there!

But considering this is Alter, I imagine it means they're done with Muramasa and moving onto other Vanillaware properties.

Hopefully they do Kisuke and Yuzuruha next in their Vanillaware line. I'd by anything Vanillaware.

Settin

Hi guys. :) Finally had my account validated!

I've been following this thread since I started looking for a figure for a friend last year. It hasn't even been a year since I received my first one and my collection is at 18 figures and 20 preorders. While I had very specific criteria in the beginning to limit my collecting, I ended up...breaking all of them when I saw some figures you guys posted. No regrets since twintail Dark Angel Olivia and Kirigiri look amazing. :)

I'm indifferent to how destructive I've been toward my wallet...8D
Welcome! Buy Mammon.

Railyn

Neo Member
Welcome friend.

May your wallet be forever doomed.

Thanks! Beyond a few more I'm eyeing, I think I should be set for awhile. I've been trying hard to be picky recently...

Welcome and may you...oh nevermind. I see you've already slain yours. Now get an MFC account rolling to keep track of your endeavours!

For most of my life I've been brutally frugal. After the crap I went through with my last job...I figured it's time to enjoy life a little. ^^;

http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/Railyn I badly needed this to keep a visual track of things along with my spreadsheet.

They really need to start making more Shingeki no Bahamut figures, and not just Olivia variants. It's a goldmine.

Agreed. I played the game for awhile to justify buying Olivia and saw a ton of potential. With how amazing the anime is...I'd love the main cast too. >_>

Welcome! Buy Mammon.

Thanks! I think she's very pretty, but I'm a little more interested in her http://myfigurecollection.net/item/212496 or her http://myfigurecollection.net/item/97006 if I went after anything in the series.

Hi guys. :) Finally had my account validated!

I've been following this thread since I started looking for a figure for a friend last year. It hasn't even been a year since I received my first one and my collection is at 18 figures and 20 preorders. While I had very specific criteria in the beginning to limit my collecting, I ended up...breaking all of them when I saw some figures you guys posted. No regrets since twintail Dark Angel Olivia and Kirigiri look amazing. :)

I'm indifferent to how destructive I've been toward my wallet...8D

Welcome, mandatory image post:
l2Qes19.png

Closer look at some figure posted earlier but was probably too far away:
15717387318_0d8961a2bb_o_d.jpg

15717390418_5af4b6867d_o.jpg

15904876075_abf3b9366d_o.jpg

15902904741_364abdf8b6_o.jpg

15902905671_b1a7d49d5b_o.jpg

15719112847_8ebf1f48bd_o.jpg

15904878915_9248c865b1_o.jpg

15902906761_3d7d477928_o.jpg

15904238412_e17ff9d88c_o.jpg

15285237403_2b9dd791d0_o.jpg

15285238383_0eff654261_o.jpg

15285238643_277c46dab8_o.jpg

15282621494_bcd19f8a72_o.jpg

15282621864_d5c4042658_o.jpg

15879086366_28ab1dda6f_o.jpg

15282623604_b947047522_o.jpg

15904244482_6abf960642_o.jpg

15285244433_5a78983c0e_o.jpg

15717402408_793c851dc3_o.jpg

15718836929_7904d01734_o.jpg

15282628684_59087d1a6f_o.jpg

15718841539_4922044a5a_o.jpg

15879097006_96f65534c1_o.jpg
I'll just link you guys to browse lol, so many photos there: https://www.flickr.com/photos/97939553@N02/with/15717387318

kewlmyc

Good for Alter rereleasing Luke. He's a great figure, glad more people will have a chance to own him and not pay $150 like I did. Lloyd is going to look great next to him since they have similar poses.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Agreed. I played the game for awhile to justify buying Olivia and saw a ton of potential. With how amazing the anime is...I'd love the main cast too. >_>

It's not just the anime; the artwork featured in the game has tons of gorgeous designs.

Aliasse from Valkyria Chronicles 2 - Want, but looks expensive!

Had been going back and forth with myself for a while regarding it, but I decided to put in an order for that Shiro figure a couple of you guys posted a while back.

I really should start looking into proper shelving for my collection thus far. Been unpacking stuff after a recent move so I hadn't had time to properly set anything up yet.

I really should start looking into proper shelving for my collection thus far. Been unpacking stuff after a recent move so I hadn't had time to properly set anything up yet.

There's no going back once you stop buying figures to fill in shelf space and begin actually buying new shelves for your figures. Check out IKEA, they have the best shelving units for waifus.

There's no going back once you stop buying figures to fill in shelf space and begin actually buying new shelves for your figures. Check out IKEA, they have the best shelving units for waifus.

Oh, trust me. With six more already pre-ordered between this December and June 2015 I already know I'm deep in the rabbit hole now. *laughs*

(I have a really good paying job now and had to save like crazy over the past couple years due to college and issues with my father's job and needing to help with the bills, so splurging *cough*some*cough* on a hobby of mine isn't an issue for me. xd)

I had heard about IKEA for shelving/lighting in the past, I'll check that out for sure.

omlet

So I got that new Canon camera in and finally the memory card I ordered arrived so I'm having a chance to play with taking some pictures. This thing is amazing, heh.

Here's my late November order, all this stuff arrived last week.

Posted a pic of this before after I redid my shelves this month but here's a new pic with new camera :D

This was in the box with Homura from TRSI lol, very appropriate for this thread

I had heard about IKEA for shelving/lighting in the past, I'll check that out for sure.

My setup is all DETOLF with DIODER lighting from IKEA. Some people here also like the BILLY shelves (solid instead of glass, but wider shelves).

Busaiku

Clear bases are the worst.
The figure looks so nice, but then when dusting, I flip it upside down and see the holes in the feet.

Scares me.

So I got that new Canon camera in and finally the memory card I ordered arrived so I'm having a chance to play with taking some pictures. This thing is amazing, heh.

Posted a pic of this before after I redid my shelves this month but here's a new pic with new camera :D

My setup is all DETOLF with DIODER lighting from IKEA. Some people here also like the BILLY shelves (solid instead of glass, but wider shelves).

Loved the glass, I wish I had this much space here.

tauke

Nice collection you have there. Sadly IKEA stuff is still costly at my country so I'm always tempted to order acrylic sheet instead and make my own display shelves.

Also great to see clear and focus picture taken with a DSLR hehe.

Bombless

YHeIXXV.gif

Edit : Yesterday I went looking for amiibos in all the main shops downtown. I wanted to take a look at them, maybe get a Link. Most stores had only 4-5 models aka the usual suspects : Mario, Peach, Link, Kirby, Fox. Some Pikachu and 2 (yes, two in total) Samus. Inspected 10 Link or so (over 3 stores), all were shit. Still, I wanted my spinner so I bought one. Pikachu was too damn cute so I let him ride along.

johnsmith

remember me
The worst part about amiibos are those support stands what the fuck were they thinking. Well that and the fact that they do nothing.

Finally got around to creating a MFC account.

If I didn't already know I was too far down the rabbit hole by now, that's pretty much a giant indication of it now. *laughs*

cajunator

Banned
Don't mind me, I'm just playing with my new camera some more. Man, I haven't owned a "real" digicam in over 10 years, the tech has come so far... and this is just stock lens, auto-mode, no flash, and no stand.

Bonus Gwendolyn.

I think a new camera should be on my short list of things to get. Cellphone aint doing my cuties justice.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
She has a metal rod in her leg from what the picture shows (the golden thing). She should be fine. You can check the comments here to see if anyone who bought her is having leaning issues. http://myfigurecollection.net/item/166904
Thanks for the info, seems like I should be good to go for a few years at least according to the comments on that page.

Don't mind me, I'm just playing with my new camera some more. Man, I haven't owned a "real" digicam in over 10 years, the tech has come so far... and this is just stock lens, auto-mode, no flash, and no stand.
Great pics, what camera did you buy by the way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom