• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would buy if those ratings didn't suck, has to be at least an A/B before I even consider buying a pre-owned fig.

I've bought plenty of B/B before, brah. Not a thing wrong with them from my experience. You need to understand how anal they are about condition rankings. In America, most of that shit would be resold as NEW.

Ban Puncher

Just in time for Xmas.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-009341

5,170 JPY

FIGURE-009341.jpg

It'll perfectly compliment my Al Bundy doll.

BA-WOOSH

Toki767

Not necessarily. They probably haven't decided on the final ship date for many of their December products, it doesn't mean that one is delayed.

There's still hope!

I'm uh...kind of hoping she gets delayed. She's my only figure for the month, but still, with it being December I end up spending lots of money on gifts and cheap items so I don't know. The exchange rate is super low though and I don't know if it'll go up next year.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Just when I thought it was safe for my wallet:
iBY5hok.gif

“I eat green berets for breakfast and right now I'm very hungry.” The movie Commando starring Arnold Schwarzenegger has been a critical and commercial success when it hits theaters in 1985. The film’s combination of action scenes and humor has set its place as a cult classic among fans. Today Hot Toys is delighted to present the new 1/6th scale collectible figure of the one man army – John Matrix!

The John Matrix collectible figure is specially crafted based on the image of Arnold Schwarzenegger in Commando featuring newly developed head sculpt with war paint and muscular body, specially tailored outfit, and a large array of detailed weapons and accessories.

Arnold Schwarzenegger and Commando fans don’t pass up on the opportunity to pre-order this heavily-armed collectible figure!

Specifications

•Product CodeMMS276
•Product NameJohn Matrix
•HeightApproximately 32cm tall
•Points of Articulations26
•Special FeaturesNewly developed head sculpt with war paint and muscular body with seamless upper body, specially tailored outfit, and a large array of detailed weapons and accessories.
•ArtistsHead Sculpted by . Please refer to below for detail artist info
Head Painted by . Please refer to below for detail artist info
Head Art Directed by . Please refer to below for detail artist info
The 1/6th scale John Matrix Collectible Figure specially features:
- Newly developed head sculpt with authentic and detailed likeness of Arnold Schwarzenegger as John Matrix in Commando
- Movie-accurate facial expression with detailed wrinkles, skin texture, and war paint
- Newly developed muscular body with seamless upper body and over 26 points of articulations
- Approximately 32 cm tall
- Seven (7) pieces of interchangeable palms including:
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) right palm for gun holding
- One (1) right palm for holding rocket launcher holding
- One (1) left palm for holding knife
- One (1) left palm for supporting machine gun
- One (1) left palm for supporting rocket launcher
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Costume:
- One (1) black and green-camouflaged colored tactical vest
- One (1) green camouflage thigh holster
- One (1) pair of green colored cargo pants
- One (1) beige colored belt
- One (1) pair of black boots

Weapons:
- One (1) articulated rocket launcher
- One (1) machine gun
- One (1) shotgun
- One (1) submachine gun
- One (1) pistol
- Two (2) claymore mine with two (2) remote detonators
- Three (3) knifes
- Three (3) grenade
- Twelve (12) round of ammos

Accessories:
- One (1) black watch
- One (1) pair of green binoculars
- Two (2) green shoulder pouches
- Figure base with movie logo and John Matrix nameplate

Artists:
- Head Sculpted by Jong Hyuk, Park
- Head Painted by JC. Hong
- Head Art Directed by Kojun
- Body Sculpted by Yoon Suk, Choi & Hyeong Seok, Koh

Release date: Q2 - Q3, 2015

**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
**Product details could be subjected to change without further notice

COMMANDO™ & © 2014 Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

© 2014 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

Ban Puncher

I kinda want that just so I can have Matrix dangle Nendos by their leg upside down from the top shelf.

"Remember, Hatsune, when I promised to kill you last?"

"I LIED."

Roubjon

Was gonna buy my sister a cheapo POP Hatsune Miku for Christmas, then I remembered that I buy figures so why would I get such a cruddy thing as a gift. Then I checked amiami and they had one of these in stock:

Best bro award goes to me. She's gonna flip out at the cuteness.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Wow. Just looked up the POP Miku.

Something that ugly should not be considered legal.

Also every time you feel bad about your spending habits just go to a club and read the drink prices and realise that your monthly orders likely pale in comparison to what people spend on alcoholic beverages in one night!

Never been a fan of POP, they turn up quite often in the monthly GAF pickups thread and it makes you realise a lot of people really are missing out on some amazing figures of their favourite characters for not an awful lot more cost-wise.

RMI

Banned
Also every time you feel bad about your spending habits just go to a club and read the drink prices and realise that your monthly orders likely pale in comparison to what people spend on alcoholic beverages in one night!

indeed. very happy my gf doesn't drink and we live in a small town where it's pretty hard to spend a lot of money going out.

Zero Suit Samus on Mandarake for 7k. Somebody buy this and put me out of my misery. I can't do it this month.

Booooooooo! I ordered the Koro prize figure (Assassination School) from HLJ last night, then went back to order the other one this morning, but now they're both on order stop. :(

Nendoroid Hatsune Miku: Senbonzakura Ver.
\ Daitan-futeki ni~♪ Haikara kakumei~♪ /
o0515041913139084528.jpg

Hello everyone, Kahotan here! (@gsc_kahotan)

Can you believe that we are ready in the last month of the year?!

I was in in shock at that revelation for awhile… but today I’m looking at a product that let me stop worrying about such trivial things! ♪

Today I’m going to be taking a look at…

Nendoroid Hatsune Miku: Senbonzakura Ver.♡
o0515041213139084530.jpg

A Nendoroid of Hatsune Miku based on the outfit she wore in the song ‘Senbonzakura’ by Kurousa-P! She comes with a gentle smiling face as well as an energetic winking expression for various different different poses.

In addition, the cherry blossom streamer and cherry blossom themed bicycle seen in the original music video are also both included! Using the included special included parts that attach to her feet, you can display her without the need of the support arm in her classic ‘shooting’ pose while looking over her shoulder!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
o0515051613139085155.jpg
Nendoroid Kyoko Toshino
Hello everyone, Kahotan here! (@gsc_kahotan)

My favorite flavors of Sakuma drops are mint and chocolate! I always love the sound the candy makes coming out of the tin container! ♪

Anyway, today I’m going to be taking a closer look at…

Nendoroid Kyoko Toshino♡
o0515045513142887785.jpg

From the anime ‘YuruYuri Nachuyachumi!’ comes a Nendoroid of the flamboyant member of the Amusement Club who always sets the pace of the group – Kyoko Toshino! She comes with three expressions including her standard smiling expression, an expression with sparking eyes for her encounters with rum-raisin ice-cream as well as the American comic-based expression that even appeared in the original manga!

Optional parts include parts that allow you to pose her enjoying her rum-raisin ice cream as well as parts which display her taking the poses of ‘Magical Girl Mirakurun’! She even comes with long-sleeve parts to recreate her Winter uniform! Be sure to display her with the previously released Nendoroid Akari Akaza!
Ooooooohhhh!! ヽ(o´∀`o)ノ

Apologies for the long wait since Summer WonFes!

She was seen the other day at the Miyazawa Model Exhibition, the beautiful blond haired Kyoko Toshino in her Morino Summer uniform! ★

Her smile conveys her never-ending cheeriness and high tension perfectly!

In her right hand she is holding Magical Girl Mirakurun’s magical wand too! The vent left and right legs even allow for a cute jumping pose to display her pretending to be the magical girl herself! Another very important item included with her is her dessert of choice – Rum & Raisin ice cream!
o0515050113142887439.jpg

To show just how much she enjoys it, she also comes with an expression with sparking eyes! ☆

Note the sparkles as well as the kitty teeth! ♥︎

The ice cream can even be removed from her hands….

Just look how tiny it is!! The detail is amazing!! <&#9675;><&#9675;>
o0515049013142888486.jpg

This is a one yen coin, which is only 20mm in diameter!

Even the raisins inside the ice-cream tub have added on! I love details like this!!

(&#12539;&#8704;&#12539;) “Let’s move onto the third expression!”

We’re joined by the figure’s planner, Hamako!!

(&#12539;&#8704;&#12539;) “An expression that was received with quite some interesting reactions even inside the company!”
o0515053913142888323.jpg

………… (°&#1076;°&#65307;)

(&#12539;&#8704;&#12539;) “Just the reaction I was expecting! This is the expression from the 11th volume of the manga – where Kyoko-chan was drawn in American comic style!! At first I was going with all three expressions to be rather cute, but the publisher specifically requested this expression to be added!!”

This is… definitely a first in the history of Nendoroids!

(&#12539;&#8704;&#12539;) “It’s also an expression that will remain in fan’s memories for some time to come!”

If you take a cute pose with this expression the results are quite… scary!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
She is currently up for preorder! &#9825;

-> Nendoroid Kyoko Toshino (Product Page)

(&#12539;&#8704;&#12539;) “By the way, orders from the GOOD SMILE ONLINE SHOP will include a special Akarin Mask to display on Kyoko!!”
o0515045113142888326.jpg

SoldnerKei

indeed. very happy my gf doesn't drink and we live in a small town where it's pretty hard to spend a lot of money going out.

Zero Suit Samus on Mandarake for 7k. Somebody buy this and put me out of my misery. I can't do it this month.

damn, I have never bought a used figure before, but this is ZSS we are talking about, plus I don't care about the box, if the figure it's ok it's worth the price... I guess, hopefully this is still in stock when I get home :c

edit: fukc it, I ordered... dem Nintendo figures taking my money

I might get hell for this but that Zero Suit Samus has never done much for me. I think it's the suit though. Wish we had a awesome scale of her in her full suit done by someone.

SoldnerKei

I might get hell for this but that Zero Suit Samus has never done much for me. I think it's the suit though. Wish we had a awesome scale of her in her full suit done by someone.

that Other M stigma is real lol

I was weak, and Samus is one of my mains in Smash, so yeah, that's my excuse :c

kunonabi

If it wasn't so shiny I'd have bought it. I still wish they had her other Other M looks.

I'll be really honest here, some people might even not like:

I only like ZSS because of the spandex / latex, never played Other M so I don't mind that. I really, really like spandex / latex.

that Other M stigma is real lol

I was weak, and Samus is one of my mains in Smash, so yeah, that's my excuse :c

No excuses needed! If you like it than you should get it :)

Speaking of Samus, finally getting the Figma of her in my order. Might have her stand on my Wii U.

SoldnerKei

No excuses needed! If you like it than you should get it :)

Speaking of Samus, finally getting the Figma of her in my order. Might have her stand on my Wii U.

Samus figma is pretty cool looking, have that one and I am really thinking getting her amiibo too, so she can have her mini me lol

thou I would love to see another ZSS figure, that orange top & shorts alt in smash 4 should totally get a figure!

RMI

Banned
damn, I have never bought a used figure before, but this is ZSS we are talking about, plus I don't care about the box, if the figure it's ok it's worth the price... I guess, hopefully this is still in stock when I get home :c

edit: fukc it, I ordered... dem Nintendo figures taking my money

glad you got it. I was agonizing over it, but my December order plus upcoming holiday expenses are scaring me away from any big purchases for the month. Gotta be cheap until January.

Ultimadrago

Anything online/digital? Or just physical goods?

I shouldn't be asking this question, though.

Steam has a bunch of digital sales going on.

That Wii U deal of Buy 1, Get 1 40% off is also very nice (especially when some GCU members on GAF are offering to pass their savings onto non GCU members). Getting 2 new games for $60+ shipped since I got on the $200 Wii U deal last week.

Steam has a bunch of digital sales going on.

That Wii U deal of Buy 1, Get 1 40% off is also very nice (especially when some GCU members on GAF are offering to pass their savings onto non GCU members). Getting 2 new games for $60+ shipped since I got on the $200 Wii U deal last week.

Phew, I'm saved then. I stopped buying things on Steam after I decided not to upgrade my computer until next year, I'll resume buying things when that happens. And unfortunately I don't live in a place (
country, actually
) that have Best Buy, so one less temptation to deal with.

Ultimadrago

Phew, I'm saved then. I stopped buying things on Steam after I decided not to upgrade my computer until next year, I'll resume buying things when that happens. And unfortunately I don't live in a place (
country, actually
) that have Best Buy, so one less temptation to deal with.

Yeah, alike situation with me and figures right now. So many popping out for the holidays and none on my radar, thankfully for my wallet. I have to deal with too much in-fighting/choosing as it is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom