• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
I accidentally a whole set of Amiibos.
Should've went with this set =P
B3reUhZCIAA1s-l.jpg:large
I should really get Mega Man someday...
figsoku made a bishoujo figures only releases, I believe, of the month image, assuming no delays XD
http://blog-imgs-51.fc2.com/f/i/g/figsoku/20141130191514850.jpg /IMG]
[URL="http://figsoku.net/blog-entry-9282.html"]http://figsoku.net/blog-entry-9282.html[/URL][/QUOTE]

Might want to edit out that bishoujo pic, my nipple senses are tingling.
Kay will break the image link, next month's one will be more careful lol, should also see if they do one for other figures.

I'm guessing some who have a number of order for December is also going EMS as well, cause holidays and such? Wallet even more dead then lol

Arclaid

I'm guessing some who have a number of order for December is also going EMS as well, cause holidays and such? Wallet even more dead then lol

Yep, December is EMS time with me for that exact reason. I rarely choose it otherwise. Gonna have 13k+ worth of Kirby plush/straps coming in. Looking forward to it. :D

9lGFFXP.gif

funny joke
You know what isn't funny? Spending an eternity blistering in the fires of 8-bit hell because you devoted yourself to a false goddess. Swear allegiance to Lowee and your soul may yet be saved. Trust me.

EQFWDQz.gif

It's not Blanc, but I'm actually pretty impressed with that prototype.
Likewise, which just makes it even more painful.

You guys...these are SO FUCKING CUTE
Especially Mirai!
As usual, you have good taste. I just finished SK Versus and could go for a Mirai, Ryobi or Murasaki figure.

tumblr_n4wyphEa0M1qe3ciho1_500.gif

Noire'll give you one more chance to repent your sins.
Or what, she'll frown at me? Noire's inexplicable popularity is a blight on this beloved franchise. I'm looking forward to the day when Blanc tears her a new exhaust vent.

Zzy2Hnj.gif

I'll stop shitting up the thread now. But seriously, Blanc figure when?

Yaari

I don't think I've ever been as stoked for a figure as I am now after that Kotori prototype. I do wonder when the pre-orders go up though. How long does it usually take after they shown a figure at an event?

I don't think I've ever been as stoked for a figure as I am now after that Kotori prototype. I do wonder when the pre-orders go up though. How long does it usually take after they shown a figure at an event?

If it's painted? It can be days or weeks. Sometimes months, as was the case with Alter's Labrys.

Ryuuroden

My December barring likely delays:

-The Seven Deadly Sins - Beelzebub - 1/8 (Amakuni) -11.8k yen

-God Eater 2 - Ciel Alencon - 1/8 (Good Smile Company) - 15.5k yen (I got it for like 120 dollars plus free shipping)

-Kantai Collection ~Kan Colle~ - Kongou - 1/8 - Chuuha ver. (Max Factory) -11.9k yen

-Shingeki no Kyojin - Mikasa Ackerman - 1/8 - DX ver. (Good Smile Company) -$115.00 plus free shipping

Even if all of them come out then I won't be getting Ciel or Mikasa till like March. Everything except Kongou has been paid for as well so December is not too bad, Used to only be like one figure scheduled for this month when I ordered all 4.

After that I only have 3 figures left on pre-order, Yamato Kai Heavy Armaments, Musashi Kai Heavy Armaments and Racing Miku 2014. Likely to grow depending on how many of those figures posted the last few days are exclusives thus require me to pre-order. Btw, does anyone remember the name of that witch with the skeleton that was hanging from her hat that was posted within the last month or so. Thinking of getting her so I have to put her on my wishlist.

EDIT: Something I have noticed, probably the biggest thing that has helped limit my purchases is not only am I selective about what figures I want because I like good poses and detail and preferably action rather than just standing there, but I also pretty much limit myself to just Amakuni, GSC, Max Factory, Alter and Kotobukiya and if it is not from those manufacturers, I do not even consider pre-ordering. Additionally I put a lot of weight on if its an exclusive or not. I also do not get bishoujo's because of the exact same reasoning Freezasaurus uses not to pre-order anything but bishoujo's from now on. There are so many of them, I see it as one of those things that if you collect, you stay out of other themes unless you have unlimited money and display space.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
My December barring likely delays:

-The Seven Deadly Sins - Beelzebub - 1/8 (Amakuni) -11.8k yen

-God Eater 2 - Ciel Alencon - 1/8 (Good Smile Company) - 15.5k yen (I got it for like 120 dollars plus free shipping)

-Kantai Collection ~Kan Colle~ - Kongou - 1/8 - Chuuha ver. (Max Factory) -11.9k yen

-Shingeki no Kyojin - Mikasa Ackerman - 1/8 - DX ver. (Good Smile Company) -$115.00 plus free shipping

Even if all of them come out then I won't be getting Ciel or Mikasa till like March. Everything except Kongou has been paid for as well so December is not too bad, Used to only be like one figure scheduled for this month when I ordered all 4.

After that I only have 3 figures left on pre-order, Yamato Kai Heavy Armaments, Musashi Kai Heavy Armaments and Racing Miku 2014. Likely to grow depending on how many of those figures posted the last few days are exclusives thus require me to pre-order. Btw, does anyone remember the name of that witch with the skeleton that was hanging from her hat that was posted within the last month or so. Thinking of getting her so I have to put her on my wishlist.

I think this is the witch you mean:
Chain Chronicle - Aludra - 1/8 (Alphamax)

Meyneth

So after some research (reading mfc and emailing good smile) I've come to realize the most likely reason amiami removed nendo elsa so soon after opening preorders.
Licensing issues.
That was the reason good smile told me in their email that they couldn't put her up on the global site. Also people on mfc say that she's still available on amiami's Japan site. I'm guessing that's the same reason figma lucina is also not on gsc's global site as well.

That's weird, but okay? I guess Disney Japan gave goodsmile the rights to use Elsa's image rather than the company as a whole?

GIVE ME MY DISNEY PRINCESS NENDOS DISNEYYYY

YES! Managed to snag this beauty on Mandarake this weekend:

uZxeVlX.jpg

Paid for with EMS shipping, hope that they ship it out soon. Also does anyone know when the Satsuki prize fig is coming out?

Hi guys. :) Finally had my account validated!

I've been following this thread since I started looking for a figure for a friend last year. It hasn't even been a year since I received my first one and my collection is at 18 figures and 20 preorders. While I had very specific criteria in the beginning to limit my collecting, I ended up...breaking all of them when I saw some figures you guys posted. No regrets since twintail Dark Angel Olivia and Kirigiri look amazing. :)

I'm indifferent to how destructive I've been toward my wallet...8D

Welcome, now start posting pics of your collection!

I accidentally a whole set of Amiibos.

tumblr_nfvxt58JIv1rirdwco1_500.gif

Giolon

From babies first Mandarake order (mine), my low price Shibuya Rin! She's pretty great :)

Don't mind me, I'm just playing with my new camera some more. Man, I haven't owned a "real" digicam in over 10 years, the tech has come so far... and this is just stock lens, auto-mode, no flash, and no stand.

Bonus Gwendolyn.

I'm enjoying all the photos people are taking! Good cameras, good lighting, good fun!

Speaking of lighting, I ran out to Target and Home Depot today and bought a couple desk lamps and some Daylight LED bulbs so now I can take photos inside my home w/o having to worry about the shitty lighting (that ebCraft Selvaria photo I took a few weeks ago was an experiment to see what I could do just with lamps around the house).

I played around a bit, and it's really impressive what a couple simple spotlights can do for you.

Here are some of the best shots I got of Zero Suit Samus:

Now I can take photos anytime I want, even with shitty weather outside or at night!

apricot

I need some shopping advice! I've decided I want Toon Link Nendo but I'm seeing him go out of stock at many stores. I can grab him for $46 shipped from Crunchyroll with their Cyber Monday Premium member coupon... but I've heard they can take forever to ship things out.

I managed to snag a new one for a friend from Ami Ami last week but now I'm seeing it go up there preowned for more than the list price... Folks that have been following figs longer than me, do you think that the price is going to settle or will it only get harder to find, like say the Yoshino Nendoroid?

Femto.

Ugh got two Asuka Jersey Ver. sniped from me on AmiAmi.

I should of never second guessed on pre-ordering her, but then again there is those broken neck issues that some people seem to have had.

Still want her.

RMI

Banned
Folks that have been following figs longer than me, do you think that the price is going to settle or will it only get harder to find, like say the Yoshino Nendoroid?

It could go back down with a reprint, but if time is an issue you're better off just ordering from crunchyroll.

Bombless

I need some shopping advice! I've decided I want Toon Link Nendo but I'm seeing him go out of stock at many stores. I can grab him for $46 shipped from Crunchyroll with their Cyber Monday Premium member coupon... but I've heard they can take forever to ship things out.

I managed to snag a new one for a friend from Ami Ami last week but now I'm seeing it go up there preowned for more than the list price... Folks that have been following figs longer than me, do you think that the price is going to settle or will it only get harder to find, like say the Yoshino Nendoroid?

I doubt Link will settle down. It seems to me like he's in high demand. Johnsmith had his Sorceress shipped 2 months or so after release.

apricot

It could go back down with a reprint, but if time is an issue you're better off just ordering from crunchyroll.

I doubt Link will settle down. It seems to me like he's in high demand. Johnsmith had his Sorceress shipped 2 months or so after release.

Thanks for the replies. Decided to go for it since the Black Friday deal is over in a couple hours (or less? idk I'm in Australia heh). Also it turned out to only be $38USD! I forgot Crunchyroll displays in AUD for me. Pretty happy with that price, and I don't mind a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom