• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well FigureGAF, I suddenly find myself facing unemployment. It won't happen overnight but nothing short of divine intervention can stop it. Not sure what that means for my current 2015 orders but it sure as hell means no more new ones.

Hope things work out for you.

omlet

ugh. was this visible out of the box? it's always suspicious to me when you see something like that in your second hand purchase.

Nope, she still had all her plastic wrapping around her arms and legs on inside the blister packaging so you couldn't see it in the box. It was never opened.

Oops, looks what I just bought.

Heard he was really difficult to find and possibly getting discontinued, so when I saw one on the pegs I had to jump on it. Think I'm going to grab all the Fire Emblem characters in addition to the Shulk I ordered. If they skyrocket in value, I'll unload them. Worst comes to worst, I have a nice little Fire Emblem statue collection. Going to leave him in the package for the foreseeable future since nothing Nintendo's done so far in game makes it worth using him.

Seeing him in person and it's really a mixed bag. Paint for his size and price are actually really good. Some nice details in the clothing and sword. The big problem is that the sculpt really lets it down. Wimpy sword+awful face are just ugh. He looks good as long as you're not up close. Neat little Fire Emblem display piece, given that series doesn't get enough figure love.
insta-ordered marth & killager on amazon jp after heard the news... doesn't care about wft lol
Well FigureGAF, I suddenly find myself facing unemployment. It won't happen overnight but nothing short of divine intervention can stop it. Not sure what that means for my current 2015 orders but it sure as hell means no more new ones.
ouch... hopefully you'll manage to find a new one soon :(

Well that sucks. Hope everything works out for you.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope that you find a new, even better replacement job soon.

omlet

More time for things to bargain bin while you find a better job!

Einbroch

Banned
Sorry to hear that. :(

Sorry to hear this, I hope you can find something new easily.

Good luck man, hopefully you will be able to manage this.

I'm sorry to hear. Hopefully you will bounce back quick.

kewlmyc

That's heartbreaking. Hope everything works out okay.

chrono01

I wasn't going to start collecting Amiibo this early on, but seeing Marth/Villager/Wii Fit Trainer seemingly go out-of-print already, it kind of encouraged me to move my plans up a bit. As such, I just placed an order for Marth, Villager, and Wii Fit Trainer from Amazon Japan. According to the website, they still have a few more, but you'll need to use a proxy for them [unless you live in Japan]. I used BIJ since I already have an account with them [thank you Red Nendoroid!].

Links!

Marth:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E4%BB%BB%E5...eywords=amiibo

Villager:

Wii Fit Trainer:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/amiibo-Wii-F...eywords=amiibo

Now to decide, from Wave 2, which ones I should pre-order. I know Captian Falcon/Little Mac are likely two which will become out-of-print early on, and the exclusives [Shulk/Lucario] are no-brainers. Beyond that, I'm not sure.

Also, sorry to hear that, Bombless. :(

Zerojul

Sorry to hear that, hope things get better real soon :(

Settin

I wasn't going to start collecting Amiibo this early on, but seeing Marth/Villager/Wii Fit Trainer seemingly go out-of-print already, it kind of encouraged me to move my plans up a bit. As such, I just placed an order for Marth, Villager, and Wii Fit Trainer from Amazon Japan. According to the website, they still have a few more, but you'll need to use a proxy for them [unless you live in Japan]. I used BIJ since I already have an account with them [thank you Red Nendoroid!].

Links!

Marth:

Villager:

Wii Fit Trainer:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/amiibo-Wii-F...eywords=amiibo

Now to decide, from Wave 2, which ones I should pre-order. I know Captian Falcon/Little Mac are likely two which will become out-of-print early on, and the exclusives [Shulk/Lucario] are no-brainers. Beyond that, I'm not sure.

Also, sorry to hear that, Bombless. :(
I'll probably cave and buy Captain Falcon because we'll never get another figure of him.

chrono01

I'll probably cave and buy Captain Falcon because we'll never get another figure of him.
Yeah, Captain Falcon is at the top of my pre-order list right now. Him and Little Mac, just 'cause we'll never get anything Little Mac again.

I just wish I could pre-order Shulk, Meta Knight, and Lucario in Canada. :/

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Sorry to hear that, having to start looking for new employment during winter holidays sucks, everything's always part time or temp jobs...

Also Amiibos going out of print? Why on earth would that happen, they just came out, more then likely production can't keep up with demand and the stores will be flooded after the Christmas holidays are past...

Edit: or not, just read what caused all the panicking, good luck finding 'em...

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

That suck, I hope everything works out for you.

Neo Dark

That sucks =(
I hope things work out and will start looking up for you again soon
Pray to the Figure Gods!

Sorry to hear =(
Yeah, Captain Falcon is at the top of my pre-order list right now. Him and Little Mac, just 'cause we'll never get anything Little Mac again.

I just wish I could pre-order Shulk, Meta Knight, and Lucario in Canada. :/
Should just order from Amiami or N-Y they have Amiibo for order there, think Amiami has sold out of most of them currently though.

Damn. Hope things work out.

StayDead

Hope everything goes ok for you :(

I'm losing my carers allowance in January when I stop caring for my mum when we both move, but since I never spent too much and I probably have to go on unemployment benefits until I get a job my orders should be ok. I'd rather get a job, even at a supermarket than go on unemployment benefits again.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
So I just went out and bought all the Amiibo Marths I saw
( 1 )
, and grabbed a Link for my wife, since she was with me I knew she liked it enough to get it...

Getting bit by the "it's supposed to be rare, and might be worth something down the road" bug sucks, now I don't want to open them...

Ultimadrago

I refuse to fall for these Amiibo shenanigans. Still don't want 'em! I kind of did want Villager though, so that's disappointing. But just a Kirby/Pikachu is fine too.
Still haven't bought any

Luigi87

Sorry to hear that Bombless. Best of luck going forward =(

Also in regards to amiibos... *looks at full collection* I knew they'd catch on!

Settin

Sigh. Don't just buy them because they're collectable. Have some standards.
NZLibZc.gif

I came for figures, but now I want a PM.

Pls.
The Elsa pic? It's not anything special.

StayDead

The thing about discontinued adapters and amiibos is hilarious. One twitter account nobody has ever heard of before is creating an insane amount of panic.

RMI

Banned
This amiibo stuff is interesting. It makes sense that Nintendo would have made more Mario amiibos than it did wii fit trainer amiibos or marth amiibos, and that some of them are hard to find right now, but I can also see them just putting out another shipment if there is still a demand for them, especially with christmas right around the corner.

Good luck Bombless, hope you land on your feet.

I find it funny and sad that amiibos here are, at the cheapest prices, about 32 dollars. But there are people trying to sell some of them for 55 dollars (Marth, for an example).

LiK

that sucks. i wish you luck with the job hunt. i would personally advise in canceling all current preorders.

Luigi87

That's what I said, nobodies heard of them :p

Just kidding, though they're not an official source for this sort of stuff.

You're definitely right that they're not official.

Also the one time I bought from them my package got lost in the mail. Fortunately I got a refund, but never using them again.

Also turns out my Summer WonFes order finally shipped.
... I thought it shipped like a month or two ago, but I think I just paid at that point...

Don't let these jive ass internet motherfuckers make you feel bad over something that makes you happy.

I know, but I feel like everything has a place and a time, and I'll severely lose my arguing strength if I put that on. It would be nothing but cheap shots.

Settin

I know, but I feel like everything has a place and a time, and I'll severely lose my arguing strength if I put that on. It would be nothing but cheap shots.
Anyone who discounts you over an avatar isn't reasonable enough to have a discussion with anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom