• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT3| You're Here Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meyneth

I know, but I feel like everything has a place and a time, and I'll severely lose my arguing strength if I put that on. It would be nothing but cheap shots.
If that happens in an argument you should take solace in the fact that your avatar is the only fault they can find to pick on and not your ideas.
Like when people can't counter your points, and so resort to making fun of your appearance. It says more about their debate skill than about you. :)

Einbroch

Banned
You're on a hard core videogame and nerd culture forum where people freak out about games not having the same lighting as a trailer.

I don't think anyone can judge anyone else for a totally SFW avatar.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Just do you know, plenty have adopted avatars from dodgy sources for a laugh before without getting into trouble. As long as it is properly cropped it's fine.

Bombless

Ah, screw it.

Thanks for the support guys.

Gorgeous avatar. Jesus Yamato supports this 110%.

And speaking of support, thanks a ton guys. I feel a bit better about this whole mess having slept on it, there might be solutions to the matter but that'll take negotiations with the management since the whole department is concerned.

In any case new orders are out of the question and if any current ones have to be cancelled GSC's ship girls will be the first to go. I was running out of space anyway, this is for the best of the conservative in me.
And the PVC gods know I haven't been kind with that part of me since I took up this hobby.

Gorgeous avatar. Jesus Yamato supports this 110%.

And speaking of support, thanks a ton guys. I feel a bit better about this whole mess having slept on it, there might be solutions to the matter but that'll take negotiations with the management since the whole department is concerned.

In any case new orders are out of the question and if any current ones have to be cancelled GSC's ship girls will be the first to go. I was running out of space anyway, this is for the best of the conservative in me.
And the PVC gods know I haven't been kind with that part of me since I took up this hobby.

Thanks man. And I might not show (because I prefer to hide it, actually), but I also have something bad related to money coming up, so I kinda understand what you are going through. In the beginning I had many, many sleepless nights, thinking about ways to fix it, but in the end I eventually got it out of my mind for a while, otherwise I would get crazy. Still haven't found a solution yet, though, but I still have some time (until the end of 2015, probably).

And before anyone gets confused, no, it can't be helped even if I stopped buying figures or sold all the ones that I have, it is much bigger than that.

TL;DR: Good luck Bombless, I'll send positive thoughts from here to you, and I wish I could help more.

I applaud you.
Edit: can I steal that Elsa you posted earlier? I'm due for a new avatar.

Also, good luck Bombless. My heart is with you.

No problem, go for it. If you want I can give you the artist website, there are a couple of other faces of her there (same picture, different expressions).

NEO0MJ

Saw the Link nedroid today, was sooo tempted to pick it up. Just so cute, and is my favorite incarnation of the character. But I know it will probably reignite my hunger for more figures. Yamato didn't break me and so neither will this.

yami4ct

Well, one of my December figures (MP Ultra Magnus) just got pushed up to next week! The good news is I'll be able to ship it with PG Unicorn. The bad news is that means I now have an incoming ~50k jpy bill from HLJ incoming with shipping all at once. I have enough to cover it, but still going to hurt.

LiK

Saw the Link nedroid today, was sooo tempted to pick it up. Just so cute, and is my favorite incarnation of the character. But I know it will probably reignite my hunger for more figures. Yamato didn't break me and so neither will this.

get it

Wahey RyosukeTH finally took the plunge and took up the avatar he wanted =)

B4KlOL-CIAI3wS4.jpg

http://figsoku.net/blog-entry-9338.html
5d75ceaf-s.jpg

http://blog.livedoor.jp/furyu_figure/archives/1013482154.html
Think these weren't posted/seen (properly anyway):
Should get it if you see it for a reasonable price, seems to have sold out everywhere.

okay guys, I'm seriously ready to ban GK pics up in this piece. They lead to nothing but disappointment. "Hey, look at what people with talent can do!" :(

omlet

So guys, I've got a figure I want to get rid of. It's been boxed for years. Orchid Seed's Satsuki Ikaruga from 2008.

1244.jpg

Here's MFC listing if anyone is interested (please note the comment and picture).

I'm only asking for a little bit to basically cover my driving/shipping/paypal expenses. In fact, the asking price on MFC is just a high estimate for my own sake... for any FigureGaffer that wants it, I will probably just let it go for the price of exchange (shipping, paypal invoice seller fee, and like one buck for gas to and from the post office). Let me know if interested.

Impotaku

Looks like my figures are about to get their own arcade, i knew about the 1/12 scale arcade machines, what i didn't know it's possible to mod them so instead of it looking like a plastic model with just stickers i can mod the insides with leds to give them a more authentic look. Should hopefully match a few of my figures for scale.

Decided on the mini taiko no tatsujin arcade.
TOY-SCL2-05278_01.jpg

And this is what you can get it to look like if you break out the leds & hot glue. May consider adding a digital photo frame to display screenshots from the game but if it's too hard i'll just break out more leds to illuminate the screen sticker instead.
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm18588462

Will make a really cool backdrop for pic taking with figures.

Neo Dark

It is done.
*brofist*

*brofist*

Dammit GAF! Look what you made me do. Been wanting to add Elsa to my avatar for the last week but been putting it off due to finals coming up this week.
Woke up and the first thing I do is spend half an hour making not one but two versions. Saving version 2 for after finals to celebrate lol

And this is what you can get it to look like if you break out the leds & hot glue. May consider adding a digital photo frame to display screenshots from the game but if it's too hard i'll just break out more leds to illuminate the screen sticker instead.

Will make a really cool backdrop for pic taking with figures.

Would be even more awesome if you can put a chip in it and make it function

Debating if I want to get the WFT amiibo. Already planning to get Lucina, Rosalina, Zelda, Palutena and ZSS though. That's 50 dollars already right there

Settin

Dammit GAF! Look what you made me do. Been wanting to add Elsa to my avatar for the last week but been putting it off due to finals coming up this week.
Woke up and the first thing I do is spend half an hour making one but two versions. Saving version 2 for after finals to celebrate lol
I ain't even seen Frozen yet, this is about supporting my fellow FigureGAFers.

Woke up and the first thing I do is spend half an hour making one but two versions. Saving version 2 for after finals to celebrate lol

Welcome, haha.

I'm not sure if I should be surprised or not at the level of understanding among FigureGAF.

All I understand is that Ill be poor if I keep coming in here too often -- I think I saw a planned Dark Magician Girl a few pages or so back.

Settin

I'm not sure if I should be surprised or not at the level of understanding among FigureGAF.

All I understand is that Ill be poor if I keep coming in here too often -- I think I saw a planned Dark Magician Girl a few pages or so back.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
If people find joy in figures, then I want to support it. If something makes you happy and it doesn't harm others, then do it.

Neo Dark

I like it

This... not so much... Go watch it before I send an angry mob after you!

I'm a bit surprised since I only wandered in here a few days ago but it seems a bit warm and fun.

What's a planned Dark Magician Girl?

Anyways pre-ordered Lucina from AmiAmi X.x

Is SAL Small Packet (Registered) good enough if I'm just buying a single nendoroid or figma?

Neo Dark

If you don't mind waiting a few weeks it certainly is.
Alright thanks. Still new to importing and stuff
Does GoodSmile Online Shop offer cheaper shipping or does it come out to be about the same as ordering from AmiAmi?

The cold never bothered me anyway...
Call the cops, I don't give a fuck
Will watch when it's on Netflix streaming.
It's not out on Netflix stream yet? Thought it would have been by now. Well, whenever it does, hope you enjoy it.

dont worry about it. animeGaf had a running joke where they were using cropped doujin images for a while.
What? Wish I was here for that too.

Apparently there's a defective Link amiibo. Anyone want to buy it? It's about as defective as the emperor's new clothes. Only opened to clean http://www.ebay.com/itm/Defective-i...800?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cee0190e8

omlet

Alright thanks. Still new to importing and stuff
Does GoodSmile Online Shop offer cheaper shipping or does it come out to be about the same as ordering from AmiAmi?
They only ship EM$ so it's always the most expensive shipping possible from GSC.

They only ship EM$ so it's always the most expensive shipping possible from GSC.

I believe it's a flat 2000 charge per shipment. So they could be cheaper if you are buying multiple copies of an item (heh, heh) or if you buying multiple things that are releasing on the same day.

omlet

I believe it's a flat 2000 charge per shipment. So they could be cheaper if you are buying multiple copies of an item (heh, heh) or if you buying multiple things that are releasing on the same day.

Oh, is that what the deal was? Okay, maybe I'm wrong about that.

Anyway, getting a figma or nendo from amiami with SAL is gonna be more like $10 shipping unless you get several things at once.

Oh, is that what the deal was? Okay, maybe I'm wrong about that.

Anyway, getting a figma or nendo from amiami with SAL is gonna be more like $10 shipping unless you get several things at once.

Yeah, it's good to order from good smile if you are ordering with a friend or something like that. That's how I ordered the Hinata nendo since my friend wanted one too, heh

And who just orders one nendo? lol

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
dont worry about it. animeGaf had a running joke where they were using cropped doujin images for a while.
It was Doujin March in response to Real Pic January. Though a few of us went on well beyond that. I think my last one was a Tetra pic to correspond with Wind Waker HD's release. The most hilarious part was people saying they knew the source.

It was Doujin March in response to Real Pic January. Though a few of us went on well beyond that. I think my last one was a Tetra pic to correspond with Wind Waker HD's release. The most hilarious part was people saying they knew the source.

people showing their power levels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom