• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY (Agito XIII) Type-0 |OT| Occupy Suzaku

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Now that I finished UC3, I can finally get into this. Finished the first mission/boss fight and I'm enjoying what I've seen so far.

_dementia said:
That's a slick OP.

Just wait until you see what's coming for FFXIII-2's OP ;)

Just started chapter 4 last night. Feels like things are really kicking into gear. Been enjoying the play through so far, but I can already tell that I'm going to have to do a 2nd.

In an interview with Famitsu last week, they pretty much said that you can only say you've beaten Type Zero after playing it a second time.

Jonnyram

I'm back on MHP3rd so not touched this for a few days :/ will probably dig into it more when I'm on my travels at the end of November.

Is this game difficult for those that don't understand Japanese? Would it even be worth playing it using some sort of guide? I'm just wondering if this thing will be localized.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Kagari said:
Just wait until you see what's coming for FFXIII-2's OP ;)
I remember after FFXIII launch, you saying you're not interested in doing the OP for FFXIII-2... what made you change your mind :p?

jae

All things considered, I really enjoyed the game. I started my second cycle tonight.

The one thing that really has left a sour taste is the amount of things locked away via multiplayer. You miss out on a ton of weapons, costumes, magic, etc. Sucks to have to resort to codes to unlock things but for some people it is just the only way.

Another minor gripe I have is no adjustable difficulty for missions on second cycle. Especially since you can change it when replaying missions from the main menu.

XLink Kai and AdHoc party is incredibly fun with this If your having a local multiplayer issue. Need to start the thing during Japan time though.

I just checked videos out for this for the first time. Dammit. This looks like what I would have wanted instead of FFXIII! Hopefully versus is this cool looking...

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Yoshichan said:
I remember after FFXIII launch, you saying you're not interested in doing the OP for FFXIII-2... what made you change your mind :p?

I don't remember saying that :eek:

Dunan

Flying Wonkey said:
XLink Kai and AdHoc party is incredibly fun with this If your having a local multiplayer issue. Need to start the thing during Japan time though.

Do you need anything special to get multiplayer going? I tried doing it the regular way (turned on the PSP's WLAN switch, selected the appropriate menus) but the moogle running the show couldn't find any missions for me to do.

Could this be because I'm on CFW? The game says that if the UMD is removed, your mission will abruptly end, and my PSP's laser has the annoying habit of failing to see the UMD every 10-20 minutes or so ("Would you like to quit the game?" - No, PSP, now stop bothering me!) so I'd like to avoid going back to OFW and playing with the UMD in.

Lucis

Dunan said:
Do you need anything special to get multiplayer going? I tried doing it the regular way (turned on the PSP's WLAN switch, selected the appropriate menus) but the moogle running the show couldn't find any missions for me to do.

Could this be because I'm on CFW? The game says that if the UMD is removed, your mission will abruptly end, and my PSP's laser has the annoying habit of failing to see the UMD every 10-20 minutes or so ("Would you like to quit the game?" - No, PSP, now stop bothering me!) so I'd like to avoid going back to OFW and playing with the UMD in.

... this game is an AD HOC game, it doesn't have infrastructure mode, like all other Japanese psp games, its meant to be played with another person who's next to you

Toth

Kagari said:
I don't remember saying that :eek:

No offense Kagari but you have come off as far from a fan of 13 (again, this is just from what I have read of your posts since FF13's release). Has your impressions of FF13-2 been positive then?

Aeana

Toth said:
No offense Kagari but you have come off as far from a fan of 13 (again, this is just from what I have read of your posts since FF13's release). Has your impressions of FF13-2 been positive then?
Someone like that would be about as impartial as a superfan making a PR-website-in-a-post like usual. It is just the other end of the spectrum.

Edit: Blah you stealth edited.

Toth

Aeana said:
Someone like that would be about as impartial as a superfan making a PR-website-in-a-post like usual. It is just the other end of the spectrum.

Edit: Blah you stealth edited.

Yeah my last line was a bit too caustic and I did not intend it to be.

Lucis

I think it finally hit me
you know what final fantasy type 0 really is?

a more grand scale chaos ring

Beth Cyra

Shadow780 said:
Damn, I think I haven't seen an influx of positive SE posters since FFXIII and Rahxy (RIP)...
There have been more then a few posts calling SE good since XIII including XIII being good. Remember for as much flack as it got it still got number 15 on te GoTY hear.

Honestly though it gets old talking about a game when a meer mention usually follows by a dozen people calling it a piece of shit and calling you out for liking it.

That said, we still have plenty of SE fans around who do pop up their heads from time to time.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Toth said:

Well, I can tell you once my embargo is up, sure. But 13-2 is at least fixing everything, aside from the story, that I didn't like about XIII.

Dunan

Shadow780 said:
Damn, I think I haven't seen an influx of positive SE posters since FFXIII and Rahxy (RIP)...

Count me in with them; for those of us who didn't like FFXIII, this game is a big step toward making SE games hype-worthy again.

@Lucis - Ah ha; didn't know about the ad hoc distinction. The only oneline experience I have with my PSP is with Wipeout Pulse, and with that game my playing partners were very, very far from me.

Famassu

TruePrime said:
There have been more then a few posts calling SE good since XIII including XIII being good.
Not all of us obsess over the bad. Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep, Tactics Ogre: LUCT, The World Ends With You, Dissidia etc. are some of the best games on their respective platforms (and from the comments it seems Type-0 is up there too) and they have a promising slate of upcoming stuff (Versus, KH3D, XIV 2.0 & even XIII-2, at least gameplay-wise). Then there are games like 3rd Birthday & Crisis Core which, while flawed, are decent too. XIII was somewhat of a rushjob, so it's no wonder it wasn't up to standards. XIII-2 shows what they can do when they have a bit more time and without all the problems they had with XIII's development, and also that they listen to their fans, unlike certain other companies who insist on continuing on the road they've chosen no matter what the fans say.

The worst things Square Enix has done is not that they have developed a lot of bad games (though, there are those too), but mostly the stupid outsourcing/publishing decisions they've done. Shit like Front Mission Evolved shouldn't have happened or at least it should never have been given to Double Helix (don't really mind that it wasn't a strategy RPG, just that it wasn't a good mecha action game).

Famassu said:
The worst things Square Enix has done is not that they have developed a lot of bad games (though, there are those too), but mostly the stupid outsourcing/publishing decisions they've done. Shit like Front Mission Evolved shouldn't have happened or at least it should never have been given to Double Helix (don't really mind that it wasn't a strategy RPG, just that it wasn't a good mecha action game).

I tend to agree with this. As another example, Mindjack was a fairly interesting concept that probably could have been better executed by anyone OTHER than FeelPlus.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
4 1/2 hours in, just made it to chapter 3. I'm really enjoying this game so far... definitely the type of Final Fantasy game I've been waiting for since 12.

Kagari said:
4 1/2 hours in, just made it to chapter 3. I'm really enjoying this game so far... definitely the type of Final Fantasy game I've been waiting for since 12.

This sentence tells me more than enough of what I need to know about this game. Sounds highly impressive

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Argh, the fact that
I have to split my team into 2 in chapter 5
really annoyed me. Wish I knew that earlier (don't know if they said it before and I just skimmed through that), because now I have to repeat the whole mission again, as it was impossible to complete with my setting.

Edit:
Argh, hate this misson, bosses killing you with one hit suck.

Reveirg

djplaeskool said:
I tend to agree with this. As another example, Mindjack was a fairly interesting concept that probably could have been better executed by anyone OTHER than FeelPlus.

I personally felt that FeelPlus' talent was wasted for this game, for a genre they simply weren't talented for.

These are Shadow Hearts and Lost Odyssey's developer, and should've been developing a new RPG instead... I wonder what they're up to now that they've been absorbed into AQ.

weeaboo

Woof, the final episode is
very anticlimatic. I loved the "World War" setting (episodes 5 and 6 are fantastic) but I don't like this at all. Suddenly there's a lot of mindfuck out of nowhere and it reminds me of... The 3rd Birthday :\

I hope this ends well :\

Ending:
Holy shit, it doesn't end well o_O Good game but not what i was expecting. The final episode and the ending doesn't feel right.

Riposte

How is the game's balance? Easily exploited? Easy to grind? I'm worried that this game is a bunch of great ideas, but careless execution. Seeing occasional YouTube videos where players are overpowering it makes me think that.

Toth said:
What happened to Rahxyphon?

Ditto, would like to know.

Btw, hi toth.

Lucis

ah ha , beat those level 99 great horns, the trick is to use eight or jack (level doesn't matter), and equip avoid to minimize mistake. too bad they don't seem to give that much exp ;/

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Ok, so I just started the final chapter (seriously, wtf) and wanted to ask people, who already completed the game, how long it is and what were your character levels when you finished? Mine are currently 40, 39, 38, 36 and the rest are around 26-29.

Varion

Keiician said:
Ok, so I just started the final chapter (seriously, wtf) and wanted to ask people, who already completed the game, how long it is and what were your character levels when you finished? Mine are currently 40, 39, 38, 36 and the rest are around 26-29.
Not particularly long, could easily be done in a couple of hours. I can't remember my exact levels (Ace was 44 I think, Deuce and Nine 38-40ish, everyone else about 32 or so?). Those levels will do you fine though.

Varion

Toth said:
Is there a bonus area/ ultimate mob in this game for die hard players?
Yup,
the Tower of Agito
that you can first enter in Chapter 7 I think. I went in there and was greeted by a horde of L126 or so Tonberries in the first room, and there was plenty more to see in there by the looks of it.

I ran away very quickly.

There's a few other areas with enemies not QUITE as strong, but still a fair amount higher than the average player is going to go in one playthrough.

Lucis

Keiician said:

ace was 45, everyone else 33-35, the last mission is gimmick, nothing in that level requires brute force afai remembered. it might be a bit hard for someone that doesn't know japanese to figure out the mandatory judgement though

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Ah, thanks for the answers, shouldn't be a problem then.

For all the ones interested - I've spent the last hour trying out the SE Type-0 Member's Site that allows you to exchange tickets for items (link). You get said tickets by uploading your data, entering the player code (in game's main menu select Options -> Members and do what they tell you to), post on the BBS, register points for the game/soundtrack (if you have the PSN version there's an option to link your PSN and SE Members Jp account here).
After a bit of meddling I downloaded 5 weapons on my PSP. All I have to say is that if you've bought the weapons from merchants in one of the cities in Chapter 6 or 7 (not sure), don't bother with this site. Yeah, you can get 30 fantomas for 1 point and 3 or 5 Dash Chocobos for 3 tickets, but all the weapons are worse than the ones you can buy. Meh.

Oh, if you upload the data before 15th I think and the site reaches a set number of total uploads, you'll be eligible for 5 free last elixirs or something.

Dunan

Keiician, thanks for the info!

I hadn't bother linking everything together despite owning the game and the soundtrack and being a member of SE Japan's web community.

Played a whole bunch of multiplayer last night and it can get a little frustrating when you're with people more than 5-10 levels above you -- you die, a lot, and you don't get to spend SPP that are lost when you die. One-shot over and over again by things like stray bullets. Finally I found a group with levels comparable to mine, and had fun running through the Dogoreth mission a few times.

Now I'm at the mission in the latter half of Chapter 3, and there's a scene that feels like a direct homage to FF6:
you ride a Magitek Armor-like vehicle through a snowfield in a way that very much resembles the march to Narshe that opens that game
. Got stuck in this mission with too few people alive to handle the Colossi,
and would like to complete it without slaughtering those unarmed technicians in the laboratories
, and am about to try it again.

B.K.

I read a few months ago that Square Enix has a hidden bonus movie that can be unlocked somehow in the game. Has anyone unlocked it yet? I wonder if it's a teaser for Final Fantasy Type-1, the way they always have teasers for sequels as hidden movies in the Kingdom Hearts games.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
B.K. said:
I read a few months ago that Square Enix has a hidden bonus movie that can be unlocked somehow in the game. Has anyone unlocked it yet? I wonder if it's a teaser for Final Fantasy Type-1, the way they always have teasers for sequels as hidden movies in the Kingdom Hearts games.
If it's anything like Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep, you probably have to beat the story 2 times and clear the true epilogue (if the second run has one, I don't really know) to unlock it.

Lucis

B.K. said:

look at history encyclopedia for the game http://wikiwiki.jp/ff0/?%CE%F2%BB%CB%2F%CE%F2%BB%CB%A5%CE%B5%AD%CF%BF look at the end, after finishing the first play you unlock 真の章, which opens a lot of question, and the existance of
TIS and JOKER (wtf is TIS anyways)
. The last one is もし which is "what if". if anything it's there. it will be unlocked at the end if second play through, which i'll probably get there soon.

Jigsaw

Banned
B.K. said:

well,it's on youtube

however i have no clue what i just saw lol,it's no epic teaser like in the kh games,it's lighthearted comedy that shows
the members of class zero during their daily school life

though i don't know if it's canon or indeed a "what if" scenario,wouldn't watch it if you don't want to spoil yourself which characters may survive

B.K.

Jigsaw said:
however i have no clue what i just saw lol,it's no epic teaser like in the kh games

Too bad.

Jigsaw said:
though i don't know if it's canon or indeed a "what if" scenario,wouldn't watch it if you don't want to spoil yourself which characters may survive

I'm pretty sure Dengeki already spoiled me....

Lucis

Jigsaw said:
well,it's on youtube

however i have no clue what i just saw lol,it's no epic teaser like in the kh games,it's lighthearted comedy that shows

none of the actual 12 of them in the real game, unelss there's a third ending lol, this game is basically describe a part of a eternal cycle of search of agito, which apparently has happened for 6 trillion times lol, the what if you saw might not be the actual thing, there was a part of it described in the normal ending, which was ace's dream

weeaboo

Jigsaw said:
well,it's on youtube

The alt ending probably is
another loop in the Type-0 tragedy
and they want us to decide which one is the true ending.

Also about the second run:
Tiz and Joker are Arecia agents in Suzaku/Byakko and they force the "good ending" in the second playthrough or something, right? And WTF is Arecia? is she Etro?

Damn, what a weird... everything.

jiggle

i quickly scrolled through the ending on utube
i'm confused
where are the fmvs?
even the ending is not one
wth?!?
are there any at all in game?

edit: ooooo i found one

so sad ; ;
now i really can't wait to play and see what led to that

weeaboo said:
And WTF is Arecia? is she Etro?

Damn, what a weird... everything.

Goddess fal'cie I guess? How the hell do you get people out of Crystal state without being one? >.>

Oh and I was expecting more of a challenge with that final boss, all the annoying SO were more difficult lol.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Ok, I've just cleared the game for the first time.
Oh and I was expecting more of a challenge with that final boss, all the annoying SO were more difficult lol.
So true...

Question for the people who are now on their 2nd play through - does anything change regarding the story (I'm not asking about the ending, just the stuff before), or is it just that you're able to do those missions with high level requirements etc.?

Top Bottom