• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY (Agito XIII) Type-0 |OT| Occupy Suzaku

jae

Keiician said:
Ok, I've just cleared the game for the first time.

So true...

Question for the people who are now on their 2nd play through - does anything change regarding the story (I'm not asking about the ending, just the stuff before), or is it just that you're able to do those missions with high level requirements etc.?

For some of the story missions, you will get two options. Choose the 2nd one for a new mission and new story bits.

Astery

Keiician said:
Ok, I've just cleared the game for the first time.

So true...

Question for the people who are now on their 2nd play through - does anything change regarding the story (I'm not asking about the ending, just the stuff before), or is it just that you're able to do those missions with high level requirements etc.?

Campaign missions except the last will have another route that plays totally different, but CGs from the original missions will still be played after clearing the alternative route which makes no sense at all. Not much of a big deal I guess. The missions that require you with high level requirements actually fills you up with what happened in between the campaign missions.

Astery

Entered Agito's tower with all maxed levels (99), and the first round is against multiple lv 12xs. Dead in one hit. Don't think I can ever beat this tower, I'm done with this game.

The ending is nice and all, but it is such a mess of mind fuck that I don't really understand what's really going on. Can someone explain it? :p

I thought the level cap was 252 ?

Might be missing something If you can't go further then 99.

Oh and after finishing my first playthrough I remember being able to select two options in the final place/dungeon mission thing. I picked the bottom one and beat the game through it, did I miss much by not picking the upper option?

Astery

Flying Wonkey said:
I thought the level cap was 252 ?

Might be missing something If you can't go further then 99.

Oh and after finishing my first playthrough I remember being able to select two options in the final place/dungeon mission thing. I picked the bottom one and beat the game through it, did I miss much by not picking the upper option?

level cap is 252 for playable characters? NEXT EXP just turns into 0 after reaching lv 99.

I suggest you playing the other option in the final mission if you haven't, it plays differently and well, basically
you don't have to put much effort into it after awhile.
You can watch another ending scene as well.

weeaboo

Astery said:
Entered Agito's tower with all maxed levels (99), and the first round is against multiple lv 12xs. Dead in one hit. Don't think I can ever beat this tower, I'm done with this game.

The ending is nice and all, but it is such a mess of mind fuck that I don't really understand what's really going on. Can someone explain it? :p

Ending:
It's the typical loop bullshit. Arecia is some kind of super powerful fal'cie goddess. She keeps the Type-0 story looping (six trillion of times lol) because of reasons. In the end, (as far as i understood) She grew fond of Rem, Machina and the Class 0 (influenced by them) and she decides to remove the crystals from the world to put an end to the loops.

Astery

weeaboo said:
Ending:
It's the typical loop bullshit. Arecia is some kind of super powerful fal'cie goddess. She keeps the Type-0 story looping (six trillion of times lol) because of reasons. In the end, (as far as i understood) She grew fond of Rem, Machina and the Class 0 (influenced by them) and she decides to remove the crystals from the world to put an end to the loops.

Machina and Rem are linked with Joker and Tiz, probably created by them that resembles themselves in some way to play along with Arecia's cycling game. Class 0 are likely dead, with the class room scene that they cried together being a linked dream of class 0 before they die in the dungeon castle. Class 0 are created by Arceia and decided not to revive them to put her play dolls to rest. What I don't understand is did Arecia revive Rem and Machina from their crystallized state and that they found class 0 laying dead together? Why would she revive Machina and Rem?

Who is the masked God that resembles some Kingdom Hearts armored character? Does he/ she relate to Arecia?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
As for the story, did anyone clear it 2 times to get the full grasp of what happened/does the ending even change on the second play through or is it just some alternate version as someone stated before?

Lucis

Astery said:
Machina and Rem are linked with Joker and Tiz, probably created by them that resembles themselves in some way to play along with Arecia's cycling game. Class 0 are likely dead, with the class room scene that they cried together being a linked dream of class 0 before they die in the dungeon castle. Class 0 are created by Arceia and decided not to revive them to put her play dolls to rest. What I don't understand is did Arecia revive Rem and Machina from their crystallized state and that they found class 0 laying dead together? Why would she revive Machina and Rem?

Who is the masked God that resembles some Kingdom Hearts armored character? Does he/ she relate to Arecia?

the main reason is that,
before you leave for last mission, arecia tells you that you have to do choose yourself, and remember you are human after all
that's why choosing remain as human and fight gives you the real ending, that's probably the first time in the 6 trillion loops that it happened.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Don't know if this has been mentioned yet (yeah, I don't want this thread to be forgotten), but you actually can escape from field battles if I'm not wrong.

While collecting the above mentioned points for the SE Members site, I've asked if it's possible on the question board and someone replied that you need to get your whole party killed and not switch them for alive members. Will check it later.

jimmypython

Keiician said:
Don't know if this has been mentioned yet (yeah, I don't want this thread to be forgotten), but you actually can escape from field battles if I'm not wrong.

While collecting the above mentioned points for the SE Members site, I've asked if it's possible on the question board and someone replied that you need to get your whole party killed and not switch them for alive members. Will check it later.

yes, i've tried and it worked, on the world map at least. i was defeated by the field monster.

just don't touch anything after the active 3 being killed, it'll return to the field map. but they remain dead, you'll have to call out another character in order to move.

dramatis

toleoring said:
yes, i've tried and it worked, on the world map at least. i was defeated by the field monster.

just don't touch anything after the active 3 being killed, it'll return to the field map. but they remain dead, you'll have to call out another character in order to move.
It works only for monsters that run away. In battles that you choose to continue fighting, you won't be sent out to the world map until you defeat all monsters.

For instance, the Lv. 99 Behemoths will go away after they crush you, sending you back to the world map, but the typical Aqua Flan/Ahriman battles they'll continue teabagging your corpse after all three members are dead.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
miladesn said:
You can buy teleport stone for 2000 gil, pulls you out of battle and dungeons and brings you to world map.
Killing 3 people and visiting the nearest city sounds like a better deal for me.

jimmypython

dramatis said:
It works only for monsters that run away. In battles that you choose to continue fighting, you won't be sent out to the world map until you defeat all monsters.

For instance, the Lv. 99 Behemoths will go away after they crush you, sending you back to the world map, but the typical Aqua Flan/Ahriman battles they'll continue teabagging your corpse after all three members are dead.

oh that's good to know. thanks!

Lucis

How to get from level 37 to level 76 in 1 night when you sleep,

Say you have level 60+ ace and rem at reasonable level (with skill mana convert)

Equip Ace with a good weapon, it's good if you have the weapon from that level 55 dungeon. Equip him with avoid also. Equip Rem with Convert and some Thunder BOM and Cure.
Then it's the 3rd person you want to level up. Equip him with at least 1 if not 2 of those 2x exp item (if you have the 4x exp one it's even better)

Go to the normal mission of act 4 魔導アーマーsomething, go to the second map where there's infinite mobs spawn, hold down trangle with ace and just go away.

Last night I got Eight from level 37 to 76 in 1 night. I had a very high level Ace though so I probably killed things faster.

Most wiki will say this is to be done with Deuce, However I feel it's even better with Ace.

witchedwiz said:
no update about this coming westside right?
le-sigh :/

Expect it in a couple of months. This thing will get Vita-enhanced release, games in Japan are expensive, and this is S-E - it's obvious they want to keep people in the dark so that they will buy it for PSP and later re-buy for Vita.

witchedwiz said:
no update about this coming westside right?
le-sigh :/

It's guaranteed to make the jump in some form - overseas shareholders will literally go ballistic on SE if they don't bring over a major anticipated title, especially after the recent weakness the company has shown. The real question is whether or not it'll be on the PSP or even the Vita.

Im_Special said:
I don't have anything meaningful to say but this needs to be echoed more, FF Type-0 has one amazing OST.

This. I also think Zero is one of the most appropriate Final Fantasy themes I've heard in a long time. The lyrics actually match!

Dunan

Finally finished this game with the clock at 62 hours. Spent a lot of time on multiplayer which really ran up the clock, and my levels were very, very high, as I went to the training center and let the PSP sleep every day.

Loved the gameplay all through the first seven chapters. Then there's an out-of-nowhere 180° shift in plot direction and a "point of no return" that dwarfs what you see in typical RPGs.

So despite
achieving victory over the Byakko/Milites empire
and heading back to the Peristylium at the end of the chapter,
Finis is instigated by Cid
and when you next have the controller in hand,
the Peristylium is being attacked by ルルサス monsters and the only thing you can do is head for the last area, with everything else closed off.

Huh?

(Rursus? In Latin rūrsus means 'again, turned back', etc., but the katakana should be ルルスス. So it might be a different word.)

I even had a few more optional missions with areas to recapture out east, which I would have attempted if I'd had a few more free hours to work with (you need 12 to do one of these) and couldn't do them because of this.

I got through the final battles, but the ending
was just bizarre. It looked like the main members of Class Zero were going to sacrifice themselves to defeat the final boss, but then we get Ace dreaming that everything is back to normal, and then waking up with his mates in the classroom, which has indeed been attacked by the Rursus monsters and has a wall blown out, debris, etc. But then they all die in a heap right there? They looked far too healthy (their speech in particular) to all collapse and die together like that. Was that, too, some kind of dream, with them all dying in that dungeon where it looked like they had died?

I still liked the game. The final stages descending into typical SE-weirdness aside, the gameplay was a lot of fun, and it took guts to end the game the way they did. I'm not sure if I want to try a second playthrough now or just sell it and pick it up again in a few months.

Too early to say "SE is back!", but this game is a step in the right direction!

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not sure if I want to try a second playthrough now or just sell it and pick it up again in a few months.

You should play a second round since more plot points are revealed in the second playthrough.

jimmypython

a new demo is available on Japanese PSN and game's official website now.

it contains the first chapter and a part of chapter 2. you will start with an EXP*2 accessory + "summer" costumes. they can be transferred to the retail version.

edit: i'm 56 hours into the game (chapter 7), leveling up and doing the "real battle situation practice" (rough translation) missions. the game is so fun and i just don't wanna go back to the main story...

oh, don't forget to do the SE members community mission. you can get free in-game items!

xero273

i just started the game.. finish the last mission for chapter 2... lol sit on stairs and flute all day to kill
golem
ftw!

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
http://www.novacrystallis.com/?p=2232

FINAL FANTASY Type-0 may be out in Japan, but a western release is still largely unknown.

According to an interview over at Vandal.net, that might be about to change.

Yoshinori Kitase, a producer on the game, has possibly (if there hasn’t been anything lost in translation) revealed that localization on Type-0 is underway for North America and Europe. He says that details will be shared on that soon.

Regarding FINAL FANTASY Versus XIII, Kitase says that although there was a trailer shown back in January of this year for Japan, the team has been hard at work on finishing the game. Naturally, we’ll know more in the coming months.

weeaboo

What's wrong with it?

Keeping all the characters leveled is a hassle because you should grind exp with all of them (there are 14 playable characters). A growth system like Valkyria or a system where all the characters gain experience at the same time would be much better.

Crazetex

I honestly hope that this does get localized. If it does, my plan is to grab a PSP once the Vita causes a price drop, then pick up Type-0 and Tactics Ogre.

Until then... I'll just play the soundtrack over and over.

Aeana

They mention they're working on the overseas version in the Ultimania. So now you can believe my posts from months ago saying they were working on it.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Damn, if there was a game store closer to where I live (or I didn't have that much to do for tomorrow) I'd buy the Ultimania guide already. ><

They mention they're working on the overseas version in the Ultimania. So now you can believe my posts from months ago saying they were working on it.

Always believed you, just wish S-E would give us some definitive information. PSP or Vita? Retail, Digital or both? You know?

I actually didn't mind the RTS missions. They were a nice break in-between the more straight forward dungeons. In fact, I'm kind of sad that the main story didn't have more of them.

I completed my first play-through last night and enjoyed the
weird ass ending. Definitely hoping the second run clears some stuff up.

Awesome that this finally got announced. I'll be picking up the Ultimania after work so I'll post translations of anything I find interesting if I have the time.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Yeah! It seems I'll have the Ultimania today after all, as my friend has some business to attend near the local Tsutaya. Hope it's not sold out yet.

Thoraxes

Always believed you, just wish S-E would give us some definitive information. PSP or Vita? Retail, Digital or both? You know?

I highly doubt there will be a Vita version unless they remaster some of it. It'll probably be the PSP game and then the PSN version so you can play on both systems.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member

It's probably one of those
"So what ihas the team been working on since they finished Type-0?" question at the end of the interview followed by the answer that sounds something like "
Oh they're working hard on an overseas release for this game. So I hope overseas players will look forward to/can play this game too!"
kind of scenario.

usually the interviewer won't bother asking for more details since its not the most important part of the interview but a nice way to end.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
10GQJ.jpg

Wee.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Just out of curiosity for who played this game, in "%" how many FMVs are in this game, how many pre-recorded cutscenes and how many in-engine cutscenes?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Hate you so much. None of the stores nearby had it in yet. =(
Ouch, sorry for you. This one was bought in Tsutaya in Fuchuu.
It's HUGE, seriously looks like a brick, but that's to be expected from an Ultimania guide. Too bad that there's no novel in there (at least I didn't stumble on any). On the other hand it's filled with graphs and stuff. To be honest I'm not even sure I'll be able to properly use it due to sheer amount of information it contains.
Perfo said:
Just out of curiosity for who played this game, in "%" how many FMVs are in this game, how many pre-recorded cutscenes and how many in-engine cutscenes?
Can't give you a %, but there's a lot of FMV from what I remember.

weeaboo

Millions of in engine cutscenes, a lot of pre-recorded and few fucking awesome CGs

Top Bottom