• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth & my bittersweet farewell to Sony Consoles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
This seems like a post from an MS shadow marketing account, astroturfing people to persuade them to migrate to PC at the expense of PS 😆

But each to their own. I had to say goodbye to my gaming PC when I had a family, couldn't justify the space and the time inconvenience. I gave minimal gaming time so need to be in and out with maximum efficiency, so consoles are they best option for me. I still play PC games on Steam Deck and on Mac for games that it makes more sense.

I'll never forget our guy HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 called it last year.

Starting the "get a pc" narrative early before PS5 Pro rolls out

Remember he has sources or "people" he knows that are in the know. So, yes this is a campaign that MS was always going to start. The "Get a PC" campaign was known to kick into gear around now.

Last edited:
i_don%27t_like_thing_comic_by_jobeeart.jpg

And since I have everyone's attention I thought it important to let you know I'm off to go take a massive shit. Prayers always welcome.

graywolf323

I'll never forget our guy HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 called it last year.

Remember he has sources or "people" he knows that are in the know. So, yes this is a campaign that MS was always going to start. The "Get a PC" campaign was known to kick into gear around now.
I mean it’s obviously no coincidence that a large contingent of the PC evangelists on here used to be diehard Xbox fanboys

hemo memo

Gold Member
Why ? You can play PC, Nintendo, Playstation...Why say goodbye? Maybe they will announce something you like, then...? You will come back ?
Honestly, it's about what works best for me. PC goes beyond gaming, like work, and everything else. And the Switch is perfect for when I'm on the move. I don't feel like I'm missing out on much by not having a PS5, and it keeps things simpler.

demigod

You've been banging this drum since 2023 haven't you? Nobody gives a shit, but glad you brought it back up closer to GTA6 release. Have fun.

yeah I had to doublecheck who the OP was when I saw the claim they’ve been a PlayStation fanboy since PS1 🤨

This seems like a post from an MS shadow marketing account, astroturfing people to persuade them to migrate to PC at the expense of PS 😆

But each to their own. I had to say goodbye to my gaming PC when I had a family, couldn't justify the space and the time inconvenience. I gave minimal gaming time so need to be in and out with maximum efficiency, so consoles are they best option for me. I still play PC games on Steam Deck and on Mac for games that it makes more sense.
Honestly, I’m surprised he hasn’t pretended to be a lifelong PCMR.

Maybe I should make a thread on moving away from my xbox.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
It's a weird feeling. It's the end of an era for me.

I've been a Charmin fanboy since first became potty trained. That ultra soft bathroom tissue just felt so right on my butt crack

But life changes, and so do priorities. I'm moving entirely to Kirkland brand toilet paper soon. It's the right call, but it's bittersweet.

That's why I finally snagged a 64 pack of Charmin Ultra during a recent sale. It's going to be the last Charmin toilet paper to touch my butthole. It feels fitting.
I can't think of a better TP to wipe my butt with.

It's not just about the toilet paper, it's about saying goodbye to a sanitary product that's been a huge part of my life. To all the incredible rolls I’ve used, to the friendships forged online... thank you. You've given me countless hours of joy.

Here's to new beginnings, and to one last grand adventure in my bathroom.

Codeblew

I don't know why people feel they have to stick to one platform. PC and consoles both have their benefits and drawbacks. I have been gaming since the Atari 2600 and I have always had consoles and PC's (many Commodore and Atari's before X86 took over). These days I use my PC for both work and gaming but sometimes I just want to sit down on my couch and chill with a console.

GymWolf

Gold Member
It's a weird feeling. It's the end of an era for me.

I've been a Charmin fanboy since first became potty trained. That ultra soft bathroom tissue just felt so right on my butt crack

But life changes, and so do priorities. I'm moving entirely to Kirkland brand toilet paper soon. It's the right call, but it's bittersweet.

That's why I finally snagged a 64 pack of Charmin Ultra during a recent sale. It's going to be the last Charmin toilet paper to touch my butthole. It feels fitting.
I can't think of a better TP to wipe my butt with.

It's not just about the toilet paper, it's about saying goodbye to a sanitary product that's been a huge part of my life. To all the incredible rolls I’ve used, to the friendships forged online... thank you. You've given me countless hours of joy.

Here's to new beginnings, and to one last grand adventure in my bathroom.
8 veils toilette paper or bust.

Senua

Gold Member
Rise of the ronin, Stellar Blade, Astrobot, FF Rebirth, just this year alone but if you want to assume all of them are coming and wait year(s) then the real question is what can you play on PC that isn't on Playstation. There aren't that many big releases on PC only. PC is a great platform but they're in no position to be talking about "what can you play" especially with GTA6 around the corner.
I cannot believe you actually asked this question. Thousands upon thousands of games is the answer. But for some only Sony AAA games are real

Honestly, it's about what works best for me. PC goes beyond gaming, like work, and everything else. And the Switch is perfect for when I'm on the move. I don't feel like I'm missing out on much by not having a PS5, and it keeps things simpler.
Well, its your personal decision, but i never sold games or consoles that i have. Every single console has at least one game you like a lot.

I have my laptop to work, but i play some obscure indie steam games and my huge doujinshi collection (fighting games, beat em ups, rpgs) and that's it.

As i work with computer, last thing i wanna do in the end of the day is play games on...PC. So I'm a videogame guy. When i play those i mentioned, i plug my laptop on my TV.

Do what makes you happy, but if u can, keep your stuff, don't sell.

Last edited:

FeralEcho

What PS5 exclusives are not available on PC then if my statement is wrong? Feel free to name me just 20....

Over 5% would mean waaay more than the 4 exclusives we've gotten this year I can assure you that but for the sake of being nice lets say 20. 20 exclusives in 4 years would equal to at least 5 per year so please do tell...What exclusives is the PC missing on in these 4 years?

If you can't do that then I agree it is the land of make-believe where PS fanboys live.

Senua

Gold Member
No. It's just Playstation make great fucking games 95% of the time.

There are ton of great games on PC, the biggest difference is Playstation fans arent super self conscious about it and don't beg for them like PC fanboys do to their games.
First sentence is extremely subjective, and I don't see much begging. Just people airing what Sony game they want to see on PC next, seeing as Sony themselves is bringing them over

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
C'mon guys. Suggesting that this is an elaborate Xbox campaign to push PC adoption at the expense of a PlayStation home console system seems ridiculous.

look:
y8HueUs.jpeg

our boy, the most honest and pro gamer
CEO is playing on PS5. and he said that he doesn't like "slimy platform things". Phil has a track record of telling the truth and being super nice with the competition. I would say that te opposite is the truth:

If Xbox is pushing people to PC is to help PlayStation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom