• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH |OT| 145.25GB OF Cloud Data

Are you playing in Graphics or Performance mode?

• Graphics

• Performance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ma-Yuan

So far the story is my main drive. Had my first crash within the first 4h. Have seen flying grass and towers its definitely not as polished as it should be but far from Ubisoft skills of fuck ups at launch.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I wasted two plumes on that Shinra breast peice only to have a better one in the next area.

I'm just gonna bank them now in case they're needed in the Gold Saucer or something. No point in wasting them until Junon region at least.

So far the story is my main drive. Had my first crash within the first 4h. Have seen flying grass and towers its definitely not as polished as it should be but far from Ubisoft skills of fuck ups at launch.
I also had one crash. It kind of sucked had to redo a whole area but could have been worse. I save more often now since it happened but so far only one time.

Reactions: Isa

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Had a soft-crash as well, when going up to my first set of monsters where MAI introduces herself. The mini-cutscene just never ended... had the option to "skip" by pressing triangle, which just took me to a black screen that said "Skipping" for over a minute before I had to hard-close the game.

Still amazing though.

Last edited:

Salmon Snake

Gold Member
Just picked up my physical copy from the store and I just now realised that this game is actually out and released :D

I haven't allowed myself to get hyped buy now I am. I gotta finish up Cyberpunk guickly so I can start this. Hopefully performance mode gets patched up in the mean time.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
9 hours in and im sitll running around the grasslands doing tasks and playing the card game lol

I'm approaching 2 hours and still in Mt. Nibel by a combination of technical problems and the fact that I've been walking everywhere in game like a loon.

The Fartist

Gold Member
"Two Discs, One Cloud" was the better OT title.

Just Saying Bernie Sanders GIF by Saturday Night Live

Bojji

I bought my PS5 at launch and I never opened it up to cleaned it and I never had overheating issue.

I tried to clean mine 2 months ago but it was clean as fuck. Never had issues as well.

But overheating isn't normal behavior, console is:

- in place without ventilation
- dirty
- liquid metal is in bad shape

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I tried to clean mine 2 months ago but it was clean as fuck. Never had issues as well.

But overheating isn't normal behavior, console is:

- in place without ventilation
- dirty
- liquid metal is in bad shape

Only ever happened to me on graphically busy games, like Rebirth and Resident Evil 4 Remake, everything else can run for hours and hours. Don't mean to be dragging the OT into off topic hell, though, haha

On topic, I'm loving what I'm playing so far, and you can feel a sense of love, respect for the original, and hand crafted personality in basically every corner of the game.

Krathoon

Gold Member
You know. Considering this is the Unreal engine, the damn thing should not be crashing.

The whole point of a licensed engine is that it is supposed to be stable.

I bet Square Enix made some weird customizations or something.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Where did you have it, in a cabinet?

I had it horizontally on an open shelf, but said shelf was close to the wall and low to the ground. Also, I have four cats, lmfao.

So I moved it on top of aforementioned shelf where it has full 360° air coverage and in the no-go zone small mammals.

saintjules

Gold Member
I had it horizontally on an open shelf, but said shelf was close to the wall and low to the ground. Also, I have four cats, lmfao.

So I moved it on top of aforementioned shelf where it has full 360° air coverage and in the no-go zone small mammals.

Yeah I have 2 cats that I got back in May last year. I think I should check on the Console to make sure everything is good dust wise.

The only issues I ever had with it was back at launch. Some of those Playstation Plus collection games shut the Console off at startup. Miles Morales game did that too. But after some updates it runs perfectly fine. I keep this thing to the side of the Entertainment Center, so it's all open space.

NecrosaroIII

Ultimate DQ Fan
I want to say this game doesn't feel as padded as Remake did.... it's felt "just about right". But... it's taken me 15 hours to make the same amount of progress as 30 minute's in the original lol.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Did they ever explicitly say in the last game that

Chadley was created by Hojo?

Or do I just not remember that part?

SCB3

Just starting Chapter 3 after 6 hours or so, been clearing the grasslands map, that boss though, jesus I scraped through

Chapter 5 spoilers :
Lol.. I was playing through that whole thing and got kind of sad about Red XIII thinking they weren't going to do him in an outfit... Then when he finally came on screen dressed up like that I had the biggest smile. 😆

Krathoon

Gold Member
I got through the demo part. Finally into the game proper.

I skipped the cutscenes that I already saw in the demo.

They could have let us skip the whole thing, but they wanted us to see the credits and the town on fire.

Last edited:
Top Bottom