• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XI 2012 |OT| Ten years of Vana'diel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Munba

Premise: i have an US account with an EU Client.
Can i purchase the Adoulin code directly in the "purchase codes" page in the SquareEnix Account Management? Because i'm still not seeing it in there.

Or there is another possibility to insert the serial-code without using POL (i have an old US Pol disk but it seems doesn't work anymore) ?

edit-
Nvm.. i have another problem now lol

Aquila

I watched a buddy of mine livestream this the other day and after reading this thread, an insane part of me wants to hop back into ffxi too. I'm sure this has been asked before but how would I go about playing this on 360 and pc (switching back and forth between the two)? Could I purchase the new ultimate seeker's collection for 360 and just reinstall my old vanilla copy of ffxi (with rotz expansion) and patch up from there?

Allard

I watched a buddy of mine livestream this the other day and after reading this thread, an insane part of me wants to hop back into ffxi too. I'm sure this has been asked before but how would I go about playing this on 360 and pc (switching back and forth between the two)? Could I purchase the new ultimate seeker's collection for 360 and just reinstall my old vanilla copy of ffxi (with rotz expansion) and patch up from there?

Back when Wings of the Goddess came out I bought the expansion disc for my 360, registered the code and torrented the install disc for PC and was able to play on both versions no issues on the same registration code. You still need the install to play, but its a lot easier to get the installs for PC then get a physical disk to pop in for the 360. So no, you need the install path for the other expansions (CoP, Aht Urghan and Wings of Goddess Expansion alongside the new one) but you can usually find them easy enough online from various download sites or torrents. The 'add-ons' like Abyssea and the three 'story' add-ons that came before them will download with the update process.

Bilix

I feel like I'm re-downloading the entire game with this patch. Still no expansion on Steam though. I love the announcement that the Steam version might be delayed. It's like they totally forgot until they got a couple emails asking and they're like, "Oh shit! We need to send this code to Valve! We totally forgot!"

notworksafe

Well, I think I'm going to resub yet again with some friends. Should I wait until the 1st or have they fixed the double billing problems they used to have?

I think I'm going to jump back in, after only having played for a few months after the original release. Where do most GAF members play? Any good resources to read about changes (which I realize will be tons since the last time I played), classes, etc?

Jijidasu

Managed to find the EU collectors set online. 3.5 hours on this patch though, ugh.

I'll be back later once I make a character on Sylph.

Azuran

Banned
I think I'm going to jump back in, after only having played for a few months after the original release. Where do most GAF members play? Any good resources to read about changes (which I realize will be tons since the last time I played), classes, etc?

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Returning_to_Vana'diel

I think this is a good place to start. Also make sure to check the rest of the site for more info on everything you want to know :)

Jijidasu

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Returning_to_Vana'diel

I think this is a good place to start. Also make sure to check the rest of the site for more info on everything you want to know :)

Just had a browse at select parts of that, I've got a couple of questions if someone would like to educate me:

The first thing that comes to mind when I see leveling (I'm starting from scratch) is gear. How do you get gear to level up now? I always recall the gil-grind to make sure you were up to naff with equipment back in the day.

Abyssea seems to be the way to EXP post 30 - Does anyone even take Lv.30's into that?

GAF LS on Sylph? I think Pancake said he had something set where people congregate?

I'm going to be asking an awful lot of questions so, sorry in advance!

Edit: Pirate, A few gaffers are on Sylph. If you jump in over there we can probably make a team effort out of leveling and so on. (if you're starting from Lv.1, that is)

Just had a browse at select parts of that, I've got a couple of questions if someone would like to educate me:

The first thing that comes to mind when I see leveling (I'm starting from scratch) is gear. How do you get gear to level up now? I always recall the gil-grind to make sure you were up to naff with equipment back in the day.

Abyssea seems to be the way to EXP post 30 - Does anyone even take Lv.30's into that?

GAF LS on Sylph? I think Pancake said he had something set where people congregate?

I'm going to be asking an awful lot of questions so, sorry in advance!

Edit: Pirate, A few gaffers are on Sylph. If you jump in over there we can probably make a team effort out of leveling and so on. (if you're starting from Lv.1, that is)

Yeah, I'd be starting from level 1.

hgplayer1

If you guys are planning on teaming up with new characters you might want to coordinate which starting city to pick. Its almost impossible to team up at low lvls with new characters but if you can wait until lvl 10 I think you can start partying in the dunes.

P.S. Im probably coming back very soon starting from scratch.

Jijidasu

Chassan on Sylph. 【よろしくお願いします】

Edit: Having some problems with the configuration settings. My texture compression options keep resetting. (Using windower, if that has anything to do with it).

The registry tells me it's set right but when the lamps come on in Bastok or I look at the sky it's all ugly. Help :(

Edit 2: Hit Lv.15 Monk. Haven't seen many people around, only a few getting power-levelled. Doesn't look like people party for EXP around 15. I'll try again tomorrow!

If you guys are planning on teaming up with new characters you might want to coordinate which starting city to pick. Its almost impossible to team up at low lvls with new characters but if you can wait until lvl 10 I think you can start partying in the dunes.

P.S. Im probably coming back very soon starting from scratch.

Why from scratch?

Jiji - Sorry I missed you last night, I'll get you tonight hopefully. What time zone are you?

Aeana

Chassan on Sylph. 【よろしくお願いします】

Edit: Having some problems with the configuration settings. My texture compression options keep resetting. (Using windower, if that has anything to do with it).

The registry tells me it's set right but when the lamps come on in Bastok or I look at the sky it's all ugly. Help :(

Edit 2: Hit Lv.15 Monk. Haven't seen many people around, only a few getting power-levelled. Doesn't look like people party for EXP around 15. I'll try again tomorrow!
Traditional EXP parties don't really exist anymore. At 15, people are in Gusgen doing skeletons in an alliance. Of course, there's nothing stopping you from starting a party somewhere else, but it's not like it used to be where people were in Valkurm at 15.

Updating now from a format of my 360. I got the new full pack late yesterday. I prob chucked out the gaf ls shell from a couple of months ago since there was 0 pll on. If there is people coming back/around again if someone can get me a pearl. :D at 67% from 19k files for the update lol...

hgplayer1

Why from scratch?

Jiji - Sorry I missed you last night, I'll get you tonight hopefully. What time zone are you?

I'm just stupid like that.

Honestly though, the early parts of the game are some of my favorite parts of the game.

If I reactivated my old character (one of them) I think I would get bored quickly. I know, it doesnt make any sense.

Aeana

I'm really disappointed that the app doesn't give satchel access. I'll have to get the hardware one first, after all.

Jijidasu

Thanks for the answers. I'm in JST or Australian EST usually (hour or two difference between the two depending on DST).

I started from scratch as my old account is long gone. Lost all the information and it was from the original JP launch so I can't imagine the hassle to get it all back.

Back in game! Took a while to get patched. I`m on Sylph. Name is ``Jamzh`` I`ll be rocking a galkan black mage for now.

Message me if you want to be my friend :3

I'm just stupid like that.

Honestly though, the early parts of the game are some of my favorite parts of the game.

If I reactivated my old character (one of them) I think I would get bored quickly. I know, it doesnt make any sense.

Reactivate your existing character so you don't need to buy everything again, make a mule, level that, and when you change your mind, you can just log into hg again (and you'll have additional storage)

Lunatic: contact me (pancakesandsx) Seigyoku, Aurellius, or Tatsumasaru in game for a pearl

Great. Will do. I'm in game now, I'll be periodically checking but if anyone sees this message first send me a tell! Very happy to be back in the game so I'll be very active until I have a few 99s.

I am legitimately bummed. I can't get the game installed. In order to post of the support forums, I need a character. I can't make a character because I can't install the game.

hgplayer1

Reactivate your existing character so you don't need to buy everything again, make a mule, level that, and when you change your mind, you can just log into hg again (and you'll have additional storage)

Lunatic: contact me (pancakesandsx) Seigyoku, Aurellius, or Tatsumasaru in game for a pearl

Too late.

Already got my new toon to lvl 9 last night. If I really get in a bind I'll reactivate one of my old ones for resources and such.

I dont remember what my new characters name is.....

edit: Also DOUBLE EXP event from April 4th to the 7th.

Gigarator

I have all the files for installing on my D: drive, but when I run the installer, it doesn't ask where I want to extract/install to, at all, so it tries to do it to my SSD, which is C:, and doesn't have nearly enough space.

Have you tried changing the default install location in your registry? That's what I do if a program doesn't want to give me a choice on where to install it. Switch the location to the desired drive, run the installer and then once it's finished just change it back again.

Should be as simple as following this.

Have you tried changing the default install location in your registry? That's what I do if a program doesn't want to give me a choice on where to install it. Switch the location to the desired drive, run the installer and then once it's finished just change it back again.

Should be as simple as following this.

Thanks! I will give that a go when I get home from work.

Kandinsky

Too late.

Already got my new toon to lvl 9 last night. If I really get in a bind I'll reactivate one of my old ones for resources and such.

Tan loco que eres mang.

Too late.

are you on Sylph?

Jijidasu

Having a blast with this, although starting from scratch has it's own trials it's still plenty of fun.

I had no idea how much the game had changed - it's really accessible. And the gaffers on Sylph are really helpful (many thanks for all the answers you no doubt get asked all the time from new people!).

B-Dex

Found the only Ultimate Seeker edition for 360 in my town. #swag. Installing it now :( (Hoping to continue my previous series of screenshots journaling my adventures)

vivin

I'm jumping back in for a little while at least, as I do with each new expansion XD but man, S-E couldnt make it anymore difficult to buy their expansion T_T (Im still having issues even getting the dam thing installed)

-NeoTB1-

Updating the game now. 360. I look forward to a relatively new/fresh experience, since the last time I played was nearly 10 years ago on PC. I'm pretty excited. :)

Is there still the old gaf ls? I don't have a list of people who are coming back. I also forgot who was the main ls holder. I'll be logging in right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom