• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durante

ithorien said:
Please don't take this the wrong way, but why so many?
Because I'm OCD about my RPGs and I can't stand the thought of not being able to see an area or cutscene again whenever I so desire. And as I said, I have a 360GB HDD and the saves are small, so why not? (It's not like with Oblivion (PC) where I have roughly 1GB of save games :lol )

gkryhewy

ithorien said:
Please don't take this the wrong way, but why so many?

I keep overwriting mine, haven't felt at any point yet that I need to make a new save in case I screw something up. Something I'm missing?

Since the default choice at a save point is to create a new save, it's quite easy to build up a lot of saves without even thinking about it.

Synless

It just hit me that Snow's voice actor is the person who did Yuri in Tales of Abyss. I'm sure that's not news to a lot of you but I couldn't put my finger on why I recognized his voice.

ULTROS! said:
Chapter 7 now (start).

Should I upgrade my weapons or not yet? :p

I'm on the chapter right after you. Personally, I'd say wait. I haven't needed to do it yet; most of my party's STR/MAG is coming from leveling up in the Crystarium, and the game still seems pretty easy so far. :S

GriffD17

Alex said:
It stopped feeling like "Final Fantasy" a long, long time ago because its a completely different series with a completely different staff now. But compared to VII, VIII, X, X-2? No, I feel its exactly the evolution of what they wanted out of those with a little corner cutting due to the obvious fact that they spent 4 years on artwork and graphics.

It's hard to explain and I can't quite put it into words. It just doesn't feel as epic and big as other Final Fantasies. Other games would just build and build and build. This one has been rather stale, I'm up to Chapter 7 I believe.

LiK

Synless said:
It just hit me that Snow's voice actor is the person who did Yuri in Tales of Abyss. I'm sure that's not news to a lot of you but I couldn't put my finger on why I recognized his voice.
Yea, same here. I needed confirmation here as well. Got my Yuri in FFXIII :D

DimmuBurgerKing said:
I'm on the chapter right after you. Personally, I'd say wait. I haven't needed to do it yet; most of my party's STR/MAG is coming from leveling up in the Crystarium, and the game still seems pretty easy so far. :S

Im not even going to bother upgrading till there's a decent table online with info.

jiien

shwimpy said:
I'm at the same spot as you but with lvl 1 weapons for everyone. :lol Not sure when I should start upgrading since I haven't had much trouble yet but at least when I do, I'll have a crapload of money/items to do so. I guess I'm waiting to upgrade the best lvl 1 weapon I receive but does it really matter? I heard every weapon changes into the same one at the end of upgrading.

The final tier of every weapon for a given character all have the same final name, but not the same final stats. So yes, it does matter which weapon you decide to level up. For example, with Lightning, the Gladius is heavy on str and low on mag, and so it's final form will be the same. However, the Edged Carbine is low on str and heavy on mag, and so it's final from will be the same.

Edit:

To the poster above me, this guide below has a item section, and is pretty complete as far as what each weapon's stats will ultimately be. All credit goes to the writer, of course.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps3/file/928790/58751

This is the only real "guide" I've found thus far for weapon upgrading...

Anyone who imported, do you know the English equivalent of the Colored Jellies and Fusion Reactor things? The two items where you use 36 of the Jellies to get the x3.0, and then load on the Reactors.

Synless said:

What else has he done? I recognise his voice but I don't know where from. Never played Abyss so it wasn't that.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
DimmuBurgerKing said:

Yeah actually.

Also, will I be able to go back to the location on chapter 6 since
I wasn't able to kill some enemies (the wyvren and the armadillo monster) and left out a treasure
?

jiien

ULTROS! said:
Yeah actually.

Also, will I be able to go back to the location on chapter 6 since
I wasn't able to kill some enemies and left out a treasure the wyvren and the armadillo monster
?

Pretty sure you can't. I think I did the same...but from what I understand, most (if not all?) of the treasures do not contain miss-able items. You can, and will, get many of every item in the future.

Pooya

Synless said:
Tales of Vesperia.
Even Troy Baker can't save this awful character, "Your Hero is BACK!!".

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
jiien said:
Pretty sure you can't. I think I did the same...but from what I understand, most (if not all?) of the treasures do not contain miss-able items. You can, and will, get many of every item in the future.

But I can still kill those monsters right, since I missed killing them? :p

LiK

kyo_daikun said:
Bahahaha, no table no deal.

Going to have to start upgrading sometime tho as im sure I would be quite a bit stronger if I was doing it.
I'm just randomly upgrading whatever I'm using most. Haven't had any issues so far from randomly using the items. My current weapons are more powerful than the new weapons I found

Chamber

love on your sleeve
kyo_daikun said:
Make sure you libra them as they have elemental weaknesses. I had lightning attacking then when either her's or hopes HP went too low made light a medic and healed them up while hope kept blasting with elemental attacks then switch back, use esuna to remove the defence status effect the keep putting on your characters as well.
So MED/RAV, RAV/RAV, and RAV/COM are the paradigms I should be using?

jiien said:
Anyone who imported, do you know the English equivalent of the Colored Jellies and Fusion Reactor things? The two items where you use 36 of the Jellies to get the x3.0, and then load on the Reactors.

Vibrant Oozes and Perfect Conductors

I bought the guide with the game the other day, but haven't felt the need to open it. Should I keep it? Is anyone actually using the guide? Is there any good info in it?

I have found it very hard to give impressions of the game. I always start with the graphics are great and the battle system is fun. Then I got nothing. Something just seems to be missing.

Ricker

Dresden said:
I'm glad people are seeing the light of Troy Baker's awesomeness. Baker and Bailey pretty much make any Sera/Snow cutscenes tolerable.

I agree, that whole cut scene on the beach could of been cheesy and cringe worthy but it was actually pretty damn good thanks to the amazing graphics,the nice music, but also the voice acting for those 2 in that part was dead on...good stuff.

LiK

Scythesurge said:
I don't know, by the time I had Libra casted a 2nd time I was dead the first time I fought him.
Whoa, really? He dealt alot of dmg but I kept healing until he backed off and then I used shell to protect my guys. Then just attacked whenever he backed off. Didn't take long so I was surprised ppl had problems with him.

I only hope it becomes easier to gain Gil later on. Because I refuse to sell any of my weapons. :p

LiK said:
Whoa, really? He dealt alot of dmg but I kept healing until he backed off and then I used shell to protect my guys. Then just attacked whenever he backed off. Didn't take long so I was surprised ppl had problems with him.

This, pretty much. I've generally opened every Boss Fight by having any Synergists buff up the party. This proved EXTREMELY useful for Odin. Still took heavy damage, but wasn't a big deal with a swift paradigm change to Double Dose. Rinse and repeat when needed!

LiK

DimmuBurgerKing said:
I only hope it becomes easier to gain Gil later on. Because I refuse to sell any of my weapons. :p
Gil is hard to come by but I found a chest with 1500 Gil which was cool

darkjedi187 said:
I bought the guide with the game the other day, but haven't felt the need to open it. Should I keep it? Is anyone actually using the guide? Is there any good info in it?

I have found it very hard to give impressions of the game. I always start with the graphics are great and the battle system is fun. Then I got nothing. Something just seems to be missing.

Man I hate posting at the end o f the page. So whats the word on the guide?

Chamber said:
So MED/RAV, RAV/RAV, and RAV/COM are the paradigms I should be using?

RAV/COM and MED/RAV, I totally messed my explanation up as its Sazh and vanille in that chapter isnt it?

Well the tactic's the same just ignore the character's names part :lol

LiK said:
Sounds like you had a strategy after all :lol

Chamber

love on your sleeve
kyo_daikun said:
RAV/COM and MED/RAV, I totally messed my explanation up as its Sazh and vanille in that chapter isnt it?

Well the tactic's the same just ignore the character's names part :lol
Yeah I understood and it worked perfectly. You sir, are a scholar and a gentlemen. :D

neoism

RPGCrazied said:
22hours in, chapter 11..

damn, finally in pulse! I did 3 of the hunts so far. The only thing I don't like about the game is the upgrade system. Do you ever find any weapons with an increased lvl? I mean, Lightning has a lvl 14gladius, and saszh has a lvl 9 pistol. . everyone is lvl one. ;/
Damn, I must really be slow.:lol :lol 19 hours just at Chapter 7.

Zeliard

Is it possible to spend a lot of time in Pulse? Is there enough content there?

I have a feeling I'm not going to want to leave when I get to Chapter 11.

Almyn

I'm not having much fun in chapter 7, It seems to be dragging on forever
I think i've just been playing too long today or something. The airship boss is kicking my ass as well
. I loved loved loved chapter 6 though.
Playing with Vanille and Sazh was a lot of fun, It felt totally differen't to the Lightning/Hope section before, And i was sad when that chapter ended.

neoism

Durante said:
Because I'm OCD about my RPGs and I can't stand the thought of not being able to see an area or cutscene again whenever I so desire. And as I said, I have a 360GB HDD and the saves are small, so why not? (It's not like with Oblivion (PC) where I have roughly 1GB of save games :lol )
:(((( Let me guess there's no CGI theater like in FFX is there! :( These 1080p CGI sequences are fucking ridiculous good looking! Goina be awesome in 20 years when games look like that!:lol

Chamber said:
Yeah I understood and it worked perfectly. You sir, are a scholar and a gentlemen. :D

Happy to help :D

The fmv's are great, they should definetly have had an extras section on the main menu to rewatch them.

Pooya

Quicksilva said:
I finally gave up on the game. I absolutely cannot stand the characters for some reason, they just annoy the hell out of me :lol
Why? all of them are pretty good. better than FFX IMO.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
neoism said:
Damn, I must really be slow.:lol :lol 19 hours just at Chapter 7.
The differences I'm seeing in playtime is really something given how linear the game is. Just hitting Chapter 7 and I'm at 11.5 hours.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
neoism said:
:(((( Let me guess there's no CGI theater like in FFX is there! :( These 1080p CGI sequences are fucking ridiculous good looking! Goina be awesome in 20 years when games look like that!:lol

No theater mode.

darkjedi187 said:

I don't have the guide yet but I would guess it has a list of upgradeable weapons and (most importantly) list the exp required to max it.

neoism

darkjedi187 said:
Man I hate posting at the end o f the page. So whats the word on the guide?
I think it's really well put together, I think Brady guides are good too. lol I bought a Limited and a regular edition. I only buy guides for FF games though, it's like a tradition for me. I usually just use it for the side stuff, and for reading material for bathroom brakes!:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom