• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
CruxisMana said:
Really? I thought it was pretty straight forward if you've got the right Paradigms.

Make sure to use Libra it so the auto-battle automatically knows what element it shifts to.

Just get Lightning to heal as soon as your health hits yellow whilst Hope buffs.

The the usual; Com/Rav till 50% stagger, then break out out Rav/Rav to stagger and back to Com/Rav so Lightning can use Launch.

Thanks for the help,Beat him first try your way,Guess my gameplan kinda sucked.

Cloudy

Banned
Just got DESTROYED by Sazh's eidolon. I'm done for night :lol

I almost had him but time ran out. Do I need to slow him down? He's so fast and he breaks up auto-chains

painey

can someone please tell me, I am maxed at everyone on level 4 in chapter 11, does the next stage only open after I beat the game, or before? Now im just earning CP I can't spend so i'd rather pump it into +10hp than wait until i've beaten the game.

Xevren

painey said:
can someone please tell me, I am maxed at everyone on level 4 in chapter 11, does the next stage only open after I beat the game, or before? Now im just earning CP I can't spend so i'd rather pump it into +10hp than wait until i've beaten the game.

Need to beat it.

Hy_

I'm assuming the first three roles you get are the best for that character. Looking at the Crystarium menu the top being the best, third role being third best, etc. So which characters fit the best role/class?

I looked at the preview PDF for the official strategy guide and it had charts for characters that best fit a role. Could someone put that in text form?

Nose Master

B-Dex said:
Yes. The Rare Item one and the Regular Item one stack. But having multiple of either won't do anything.

Yahtzee! Thank you <3

Dresden said:
Or:
FInal_Fantasy_XIII_Serah_Farron.jpg

rise.jpg

I mean, she sounds exactly the same, it was shocking when I found out. What a diverse set of voices she has.

And goddamn is Serah's hair ugly.

Don't you be knockin the side pony.

I'm really enjoying the game but I'm disappointed at the same time. Why? I'm playing the 360 version. The FMVs really are compressed and crap.

And I just switched discs. What a pain.

Still a good game though.

I hate to admit it, but I was really worried about this game when I first read all those negative press, but it's turning out to be one of my favorite in the series. Not my overall favorite, but third or even second favorite FF game.

Not bad at all. It's just fun to play and relaxing. I don't have to deal with all the complicated mess like in WRPGs.

Maybe I'm just getting older and just want to play something without thinking too much.

ASIS

How many people beat this game? I beat it a long time ago and i want to have a discussion concerning it's story, but for the life of me i can't find many people that actually beat the game :(

Nose Master

Nintendo-4Life said:
How many people beat this game? I beat it a long time ago and i want to have a discussion concerning it's story, but for the life of me i can't find many people that actually beat the game :(

There's a spoiler thread?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Giving up for tonight at the chapter 9 boss. Don't see the average player actually passing this immensely retarded boss based more on luck than anything else.

Cloudy

Banned
Dunno if this means anything but I checked and the FF12 thread was only about 50 pages long. This one is 70 already.

Was the interest factor an issue since it came out so late in the ps2 lifespan? IIRC right around the ps3 launch...

ZeoVGM

Banned
TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
I'm really enjoying the game but I'm disappointed at the same time. Why? I'm playing the 360 version. The FMVs really are compressed and crap.

And I just switched discs. What a pain.

Still a good game though.

The compressed FMVs suck though I stopped noticing them often after the first couple chapters. But really, disc swapping a non-issue and completely dumb to complain about. But there's a thread for all that crap.

Rpgmonkey

Dresden said:
What I find odd about all the criticism is that so far, the writing's been better than, say, Tales of Vesperia (or any Tales game, for that matter) and yet you don't see people ripping those games. Maybe it just has to do with the expectation that a Final Fantasy game carries.

They...don't?

And if you ask me, comparing ToV to FFXIII, the writing/dialogue is better in FFXIII, but the actual plot/story is worse.

Damn my RPG ultimate item collecting issues is popping up for me. I'm only on chapter 11 and I'm already planning to get the best items even if I'm so far off. Still got about 1-2 hours worth of grinding to max out all character's 3 main classes to class level 4.

StarEye

The Amiga Brotherhood
I liked switching discs on the PS1 FFs. It's gave me a sense of progress, and a sense of knowing how long into the game I was. FFVII had a huge disc 1 though. And a tiny disc 3.

Still glad I have the PS3 version though, it's nice to have it all on one disc regardless.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
faaaaaaaaaaaaarming money... 2 hours and going up!

Xevren

The one thing I truly hate about this game (unless it's possible and I just don't know how) is that I can't move people on the battlefield. Some enemies have super small AOE attacks that pop people up and can sort of stun lock you for a little bit but you can't really do much since you just have no option to tell them to fucking move or disperse. :mad:

gketter said:
- Serah : eh she looks real young and it kind of freaks me out a bit. How old is she supposed to be in the game?.

21?

Not sure. So I have 20 hours in and I've only died one time and only used one phoenix down Even fought all those
"tough" monsters you can by-pass.
Just pay attention and learn the system. Love this game.:D

Xevren said:
The one thing I truly hate about this game (unless it's possible and I just don't know how) is that I can't move people on the battlefield. Some enemies have super small AOE attacks that pop people up and can sort of stun lock you for a little bit but you can't really do much since you just have no option to tell them to fucking move or disperse. :mad:
Yeah I hated this while fighting a tough monster. The monster is attack and Lightning fucking walks into it, you stupid idiot Lightning and there is no controlling that other then entering a command.

So, I'm in Chapter 11 and I have a quick question.
I'm in Mah'habara - The Earthworks, presumably on way to Vanille and Fang's old village. If I go ahead and travel there, am I screwing myself out of going back and finishing the hunts..?

Papercuts

Xevren said:

This is EXACTLY what I am fuming over right now. I am instantly dying on the chapter 9 boss because the AI feels like bunching up at times. Fucking horrible.

Arzehn

DimmuBurgerKing said:
So, I'm in Chapter 11 and I have a quick question.
I'm in Mah'habara - The Earthworks, presumably on way to Vanille and Fang's old village. If I go ahead and travel there, am I screwing myself out of going back and finishing the hunts..?

Actually you can beat the final boss of chapter 11 and still go back and hunt, just don't board the airship afterward till you're ready(no turning back after).

hamchan

Cloudy said:
I don't get the "Serah looks young" crowd. Snow ain't exactly a geezer, he's just a meathead :lol

Serah looks like she's 16 while Snow looks like he's at least 20 something because of his size.

ZeoVGM

Banned
I assume
Brynhildr
is the boss of chapter 8? What a great scene beforehand. Pretty tense.

Alright, time to fight.

Kyoufu

How is it that I have an OMEGA WEAPON for Lightning and I still do barely any more damage than a beginner weapon?

I don't get it :/

MrKyle

I have a quick question. If I enjoyed Final Fantasy X but couldn't play through Final Fastasy XII, would this game be a good match for me?

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
Anomarad said:
Actually you can beat the final boss of chapter 11 and still go back and hunt, just don't board the airship afterward till you're ready(no turning back after).

Wait what? There is a point of no return in this game??
I actually skipped some chest because of those turtle shelled alligators took so long to kill.

I'm at Ch.7 & 13 hours in & one thing I want to know is...
WHEN THE FUCK WILL I BE ABLE TO HAVE MORE THAN 2 PARTY MEMBERS AT ANY ONE TIME?
This is ridiculous, 13 hours in & it still feels like I'm playing the prologue to the story.

MrKyle said:
I have a quick question. If I enjoyed Final Fantasy X but couldn't play through Final Fastasy XII, would this game be a good match for me?
I think so. This game is like a mesh of those 2 games. Traveling linearity of FFX and an evolution of FFXII battle system but only controlling 1 character but there's more to it that I don't want to say because I can't put it in words.

MrKyle said:
I hate pretty much everything about Final Fantasy XII and I'm having a great time with this game.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
MrKyle said:
chances are you'll like this.

it is essentially just as linear as FFX, except without the occasional puzzle rooms

Papercuts

FTWer said:
Wait what? There is a point of no return in this game??
I actually skipped some chest because of those turtle shelled alligators took so long to kill.

I'm at Ch.7 & 13 hours in & one thing I want to know is...
WHEN THE FUCK WILL I BE ABLE TO HAVE MORE THAN 2 PARTY MEMBERS AT ANY ONE TIME?
This is ridiculous, 13 hours in & it still feels like I'm playing the prologue to the story.

You get 3 at the end of 7. Then back to 2 until chapter 9! You can actually select your part at the end of 9.

Cloudy

Banned
MrKyle said:

Definitely. FFX is my fave and I dropped FFXII after 37 hours cos the story was going nowhere and it just got boring lol

I like this game a lot. Can't say if it'll top X, VII or VIII but it's definitely in that class for me. IX and XII = meh. I did finish IX though....

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
MrKyle said:

Pretty much, except I'm finding FFXIII starts out way too slow & for way too long.
A few hours in FFX & you were already in the thick of things, but not with this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom