• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Ballistictiger said:
Worry about getting all item and accessory when you are rich later on. BTW Keep all the elemental rings, you can't buy them and those items are necessary to upgrade for that trophy.

Hm, I don't think I got the elemental rings yet. What exactly are they used for?

Edit: It's going to take me months to platinum this game but hey there are hardly any games in the summer that I'm looking forward to. Probably not even going to get any games in the summer.

Mario Galaxy 2 says hello!

Ricker

Aspiring said:
Finally started playing this today even though i have had it since launch. Great game. Only an hour or so in so far
just got inside that big thing and playing as Snow

A few things though. I keep getting all these items, such as an iron bangle, and pheonix down as well as others. But it wont let me use or equip them. What are they for?

Other than that i feel its a blast. I can see why some people may not like it. So far it is essentially on rails. Its just corridor after corridor with enemies. But to me the game is just setting itself up. I am enjoying it anyway, the battle system is top notch. Not as good as Tales battle system, but still very good.

Oh and graphically i am impressed. As good as the FMV is, the only way i could not tell it was in game graphics was the texture detail. Superb Square. And might i just say those FMV's are just beautiful. I think i heard the PS3 displays them in full 1080, and man there just drop dead sexy.

Anyway my PS3 controller just run out of batteries, so cant play more but so far so good.

Iron bangle is an accesory that you equip and the pheonix downs are used in battle to revive a knocked out character...once you get further in and stop just using autobattle,you will see this ;)

Also grab a usb cord extension for cheap and keep playing while it`s charging ;)

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
is it possible to fuck up item levelling to the point where its no longer possible to get a certain key item? or do you get all the components back when you dismantle or do you get different items?

or I suppose you can always grind for money and buy items?

but are there any onetime items you need to level up for instance and if you sell it on you're screwed?

I haven't even started upgrading yet. should I just save it all until I can get those 36 jellies or whatever or is it so inconsequential at first that I should power up asap and it wont impact long term?

gah tell me what to do!

Aspiring

Ricker said:
Iron bangle is an accesory that you equip and the pheonix downs are used in battle to revive a knocked out character...once you get further in and stop just using autobattle,you will see this ;)

Also grab a usb cord extension for cheap and keep playing while it`s charging ;)

How do you equip it than, because it just gives me an option to move it. Am i just too early on in the game? Also i dont really use auto attack all that much as i love the Blitz move and the Hand Grenade :D And thats right i knew i had hear of Phenoix Down before. Sorry i honestly have not played a FF since number 7 all those years ago.

And yeah i need one. I have the one that came with the PS3 but its too short. Oh well.

Peff

omg rite said:
Hm, I don't think I got the elemental rings yet. What exactly are they used for?

You have to have some at least... you know, Fire Ring (makes you stronger against fire), Thunder Ring, etc.

I'm not asleep yet, dam daylights savings.

Elemental rings the ones that reduce water and etc damage %. Keep those and other element related items. You can rebuy those. Other stuff you can. Those are necessary for all weapon and item trophy because it's one of a kind and you have to upgrade and transform them for that trophy.

That stone it's in the website I posted, look under shops section. A lot of items and a certain store has to be unlocked by doing missions. I'm not sure which missions though but do them later I guess. It's a shame it's in Japanese but the price should be a clue when that item finally turns up in the store.

has anyone a good advice how to make massive gil? i mean for the ultimate upgrade you need Trapezohedron which costs 2000000 gil per character. I am at chapter 11 now.

Zzoram

So I'm finally at the beginning of Chapter 9. Yesssss, full party! Is it full party of 3 for the rest of the game now? How many hours does Chap11-13 take if you minimize side missions? (saving for after beating last boss and returning to gran pulse)

Ricker

Aspiring said:
How do you equip it than, because it just gives me an option to move it. Am i just too early on in the game? Also i dont really use auto attack all that much as i love the Blitz move and the Hand Grenade :D And thats right i knew i had hear of Phenoix Down before. Sorry i honestly have not played a FF since number 7 all those years ago.

And yeah i need one. I have the one that came with the PS3 but its too short. Oh well.

Outside battle,just hit the triangle,and go to equip...not sure there`s a compare for accesories but if you don`t want to be bothered with that,choose optimise and hit balanced,or offensive/defensive,that`s your choice,and it will equip the best automatically for you.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Ballistictiger said:
I'm not asleep yet, dam daylights savings.

Elemental rings the ones that reduce water and etc damage %. Keep those and other element related items. You can rebuy those. Other stuff you can. Those are necessary for all weapon and item trophy because it's one of a kind and you have to upgrade and transform them for that trophy.

That stone it's in the website I posted, look under shops section. A lot of items and a certain store has to be unlocked by doing missions. I'm not sure which missions though but do them later I guess. It's a shame it's in Japanese but the price should be a clue when that item finally turns up in the store.

Oooh, I thought you meant components, not accessories.

Yeah, I keep one of every accessory, so I should be good.

I wish there was some kind of thing in the game that could keep track of what items you've had.

_Xenon_

Banned
OK I reached the part where I can change my battle team (about 18 hours in) and finally the plot and the battle are getting interesting. How much time is left for the game? The 2nd part of Ch.9 and the rest 4 chapters better be worth the fucking boring 18 hours I've been through ...

Chapter 9 for early farmers. The female soldier drop items that are worth a pretty penny. I'm not sure if Good choice item is sold in stores at that chapter if so buy it for 100k and equip and farm there.

Zzoram

It took me like 24 hours on the clock to get to Chapter 9 because I keep making and eating food while playing, and usually forget to pause.

ZeoVGM

Banned
_Xenon_ said:
OK I reached the part where I can change my battle team (about 18 hours in) and finally the plot and the battle are getting interesting. How much time is left for the game? The 2nd part of Ch.9 and the rest 4 chapters better be worth the fucking boring 18 hours I've been through ...

Can't imagine thinking chapter 6-9 were boring, especially 7.

When I CP farm in Chapter 11 from 2000 hp to 4000hp atm. I farm at those funny birds that seem to worship a treasure ball. Easy 3k CP per 40 seconds total. I get about over 100k barely per 30 minute.

I got to get stronger so I can grind somewhere else though.

7 is my favorite chapter. So many resolutions.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Ballistictiger said:
Chapter 9 for early farmers. The female soldier drop items that are worth a pretty penny. I'm not sure if Good choice item is sold in stores at that chapter if so buy it for 100k and equip and farm there.

The beginning of chapter 9 on the
ship
?

Xater

MrKyle said:
I have a quick question. If I enjoyed Final Fantasy X but couldn't play through Final Fastasy XII, would this game be a good match for me?

I think peopel like you are the perfect for FF13. I also like FF10 and hated 12. I think I did not play 12 for more than 12 hours.

Zzoram

omg rite said:
Can't imagine thinking chapter 6-9 were boring, especially 7.

I think Chapter 4 should've been cut, and the story bits put into Chapter 5 and 6. That would've probably fixed a lot by speeding the story along and getting people to 3-person teams faster.

Chapter 7 is when there is finally some story movement. It felt like Chapter 4-6 were just filler, stalling for time.

Ballistictiger said:
When I CP farm in Chapter 11 from 2000 hp to 4000hp atm. I farm at those funny birds that seem to worship a treasure ball. Easy 3k CP per 40 seconds total. I get about over 100k barely per 30 minute.

I got to get stronger so I can grind somewhere else though.

Get mission
, the reward is
Growth Egg = 2xCP
. I'm doing 132k CP per 10 minutes.

_Xenon_

Banned
The story of Snow & Hope killed all the moods for me in Ch.7. This kind of hating & forgiving story is really getting old, and Snow's over dramatic animation plus his douche face didn't help at all. Fang is the only character that is not boring (except the lesbian part) and her story really sparks in Ch7.

Rpgmonkey

Final boss of CHapter 12 is AWESOME
(too bad Rosch is a shitty antagonist just like every other one in this game)
. :D

I got through the fight just fine, but if the people that think is game is hard are having trouble with the easy stuff, this is going to be funny. :lol

Edit: lol I can buy shrouds now. Never really had a reason to use them aside from fights with HP tanks though. :p

Jrmint

I think so. Those female soldiers that cast barrier and shell on their selves should be around the beginning.

In the crew corridors after the outside part. You can go in and outside and they will respawn. The dragoons outside also drop the incentive chips.

Le-mo

Zzoram said:
I think Chapter 4 should've been cut, and the story bits put into Chapter 5 and 6. That would've probably fixed a lot by speeding the story along and getting people to 3-person teams faster.

Chapter 7 is when there is finally some story movement. It felt like Chapter 4-6 were just filler, stalling for time.
I agree with you. I'm at the end of chapter 4 right now and it feels tedious and it is stretched out for way too long.

ZeoVGM

Banned
_Xenon_ said:
The story of Snow & Hope killed all the moods for me in Ch.7. This kind of hating & forgiving story is really getting old, and Snow's over dramatic animation plus his douche face didn't help at all. Fang is the only character that is not boring (except the lesbian part) and her story really sparks in Ch7.

His "douche face" and the "lesbian part" eh?

george_us

The dialogue is really iffy so far, especially after FFXII's great writing. Is the dialogue this bad in the Japanese version or is it a product of a bad translation?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Nose Master said:
Just start the fight with Sazh out and wait for him to Haste everyone. The pre-emptive 99% stagger lasts for like twenty seconds. You can't really infinitely juggle without everyone haste'd, I'd think.

This worked for me. I don't always get the juggle timing to work out (really wish you could pause and set everyone's orders) but with the Haste, I kill the King Behemoth before he even gets a chance to change.

Yay, 6600 CP per minute! :lol

Now I just need to finish the chapter to get Death and get to the Growth Egg that everyone keeps talking about.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Voyevoda007 said:
Anyone can help me on chapter 10 boss?. Can't seem to kill this fucker. Been on him for the last 2 hours.

Cid?

Use rav/rav/rav when he guards and use com/rav/med or com/sen/med when he's attacking. Basically you want to stagger him as fast as possible.

You could also try juggling him, but you'd have to ask someone who can actually do it. :lol

Zzoram said:
What is the best place to farm gil?

Probably the one with all the PSICOM troops in a tunnel?

There are no other good easy Gil grinding places in the game?

scotcheggz

I just got up to chapter 11 and figured it might be a nice time to start upgrading weapons. I'm thinkign fo the Axis Blade for now and I bought a ton of those bones or whatever, applied them to the sowrd and got 3x bonus but then realised I didn't have any of the items suggested to bump up the exp and I can't buy them in the garage yet. What is the best thing to do, by a load of those 840g items instead?

Also is the axis blade worth doing up? I like it so far, but if there is a better option, I've hoarded all weapons and acc I've picked up so far.

scotcheggz said:
Also is the axis blade worth doing up? I like it so far, but if there is a better option, I've hoarded all weapons and acc I've picked up so far.

It's a good weapon, not as powerful as others, but you get ATB back when attacking, so you attack more frequently. You might also want to consider Lionheart for Quick Stagger (Stagger below the Stagger point) or a weapon with Stagger Lock (forgot the name) - you cannot stagger however the end stats are very similar (711ATK and 711MAG, which makes it a beast).

Pein

Banned
I think I screwed myself, I pretty much skipped all the non required missions in chapter 11 and now I'm struggling with a lot of simple fights. I'm gonna have to grind for a while to get strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom