• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
badcrumble said:
I suppose the best way of going about it would be to purchase one Ethersol with every Platinum Ingot and save the rest, and yes, I reload if I don't get any.

Ethersol for?
SAB/SAB/SYN (Vanille/Fang/Hope) - Summon, Gelstat Dispatch. Death Death Detah Detah Death Death, rinse and repeat if it fail. Easy Farm

Gromph said:
Ethersol for?
SAB/SAB/SYN (Vanille/Fang/Hope) - Summon, Gelstat Dispatch. Death Death Detah Detah Death Death, rinse and repeat if it fail. Easy Farm
I'm just saying that with every successful farm I'll have consumed 3 TP. I don't have a ton of cash on hand right now so I need those Platinum Ingots too.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
BocoDragon said:
Ironic for a game which chose "My Hands" as an anthem.

Boom!

Dresden said:
To be fair, it's the sausage fingers that are at fault. The hands look quite fine if you view them from fifty feet away.

Yeah, even in medium shots they look kind of okay... just any time they get up close. I figure they would have tried to make them look better, given that they used so many "face to hand" and "hand holding" scenes.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
badcrumble said:
I'm just saying that with every successful farm I'll have consumed 3 TP. I don't have a ton of cash on hand right now so I need those Platinum Ingots too.

Sorry, first post just wake up.

Anyway you cant' buy ethersol in shop, the only way to get they are farming with a Survival Catalog, and get luck , or dismantle Champion Badge.

Oh and for TP just do a few kills, with Energy Sash and you are done, with luck i can clear the 4 Adamantoise in 30 min and if you have no drop still have the 40k CP also the Traprezodon or something, for Ultima Weapons.

Upgrade Gae Bolg to Kain's Lance to max level, dismatle and you will have x3 Traprezodon.

Gromph said:
Sorry, first post just wake up.

Anyway you cant' buy ethersol in shop, the only way to get they are farming with a Survival Catalog, and get luck , or dismantle Champion Badge.
Wait, you can't buy them from the shop that sells the other sprays? NOOOOOO

firehawk12

Subete no aware
What's the better strategy for the Adamantoise?

Cast death during the stagger caused by the Eidolons or cast buffs during the stagger to increase the chance of death after the Eidolon is dismissed?

firehawk12 said:
What's the better strategy for the Adamantoise?

Cast death during the stagger caused by the Eidolons or cast buffs during the stagger to increase the chance of death after the Eidolon is dismissed?
I have Death running during the stagger, and let Fang cast a ton of debuffs as soon as the Eidolon leaves since the Adamantoise doesn't get up for a while anyway. Seems to be the best of both worlds.

glaurung

God damn the local post service still hasn't figured out that my FFXIII LE arrived two weeks ago.

This is really trying my patience here.

F******

firehawk12

Subete no aware
badcrumble said:
I have Death running during the stagger, and let Fang cast a ton of debuffs as soon as the Eidolon leaves since the Adamantoise doesn't get up for a while anyway. Seems to be the best of both worlds.

Hrm, yeah. I just remember someone here saying that debuffs during stagger is good because they are guaranteed to hit.

firehawk12 said:
Hrm, yeah. I just remember someone here saying that debuffs during stagger is good because they are guaranteed to hit.
They'll get cleared as soon as it stands back up, so they're not THAT good an investment.

Mandoric

Banned
burgerdog said:
Quick question. Can I have the collector catalog and connoisseur accessories equipped at the same time without them off setting each other.

Going to expand on Yoshichan's answer. The game rolls for rare drop, then if it doesn't drop rolls for common, then if that doesn't drop rolls for smoke.

So technically, having Best Choice equipped will reduce your odds of it even rolling for normal drops by at most .8%, and then Good Choice will reduce the odds of it even rolling for smoke by around 15%.

Yoshichan said:
I did the first
C'ieth mission
and proceeded onto the main story immediately. I knew that shit had to wait until I beat the game :lol

Wait....you can go back and do all sidequest after beating the game?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Sign me up for the Vanille defense force. I don't particularly love her character, but she never annoyed me either.

The only thing I don't like about her is some of her VA when she's the leader of the party.

Giolon

Lost Fragment said:
Sign me up for the Vanille defense force. I don't particularly love her character, but she never annoyed me either.

The only thing I don't like about her is some of her VA when she's the leader of the party.

Vanille had the biggest hill to climb to earn my liking as a character, but surprisingly enough she made it. It took her another few chapters than Hope did but she got there. By the end, I was glad to have had Vanille in my party. Her bizarre behavior at the start
is even explained as being a put on to cover her own fears

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
Voyevoda007 said:
In chapter 13, doing some side quest. Still disappointed with how horrible the story is. Five years and they give us this shit. Tales of Vesperia is still my fav JRPG this gen.

You seriously think this is bad, but the typical Shonen anime story of Tales isn't?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
So I sauntered over to GameFAQs and my mind is blown that people talk shit to people who death spam turtles because it's "cheap." Single player RPG party strength dick wagging. Now I've seen it all.

Guess that's what I get for going to GameFAQs.

Toki767

I just blitzed through the entire Chapter 12. Took about 2 hours skipping most of the fights though I had no trouble at all against the boss. Now I'm at Chapter 13 and I'm thinking about going to CP grind a bit. How hard is Chapter 13 compared to 12?

Lost Fragment said:
So I sauntered over to GameFAQs and my mind is blown that people talk shit to people who death spam turtles because it's "cheap." Single player RPG party strength dick wagging. Now I've seen it all.

Guess that's what I get for going to GameFAQs.
They expect people to actually farm 2 mill? :lol

RpgN

FTWer said:
You seriously think this is bad, but the typical Shonen anime story of Tales isn't?

Tell me about it, as much as I love some Tales games as well :/

As for FFXIII's story, I don't see what's so horrible about it. It follows the story in a similar pattern to other FF games and the characters are quite fleshed out and fit well with each other. One character that really annoyed me at the beginning was Hope, the moment he started to whine I started to fear his appearance ever since, but then he developed and actually got better, now he's one of my favs. Also Vanille was a little annoying too at the beginning but I'm playing the Japanese version where the VA is quite pleasant to listen to, not sure how it is compared to the English VA. And then her behaviour at the beginning started to make sense. What I like about the story so far is that everything makes sense within the context. As much as I'm quite sad there are no towns in the sense where you can chill out and have some mini-games, it makes sense that you are on the run the whole time even in towns. And I also like it that in cocoon the places are all organised, you are on the run and thus have no freedom to explore around, linear in those parts seemed like they fit within the story. And then when you get to gran pulse, it's a huge jungle where it was said no humans live there, you get the freedom to go as you please. And the part where you see other monsters fight each other in cocoon and pulse seemed also neat and makes sense within the story. And so far, I haven't seen the story taking the plunge to the worse and getting crazy. I'm almost in chapter 13, can't wait to see the rest.

What I'm trying to say, talking purely about the story and not the game wether it is good or not, the stoy for the most part hasn't changed from previous FFs and improved upon in some parts. It leads me to believe that certain members complaining and thinking it is the worst story in FF lead me to believe that A) Your expectations are way too high for waiting this many years for the game to arrive B) You forgot how silly the other FF games can get at times and just have fond memory of them C) You have outgrown FF type storytelling! Your interest shifted and are looking for different elements which you are not finding in FF and have found in other games. D) You're a Matsuno fan and didn't like FFVII, X etc to begin with, you want more political tone to the story and it being minimum (not in the way of the gameplay) like FFXII.

Here comes the storm, ready to rip me off :( Be gentle

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
vdf_avatar-1.jpg

All current members have no ears. ^_^

Phoenix4

FTWer said:
Yeah it looks pretty shitty early on, wait till you get to chapter 7, the scenery gets exponentially better.

I'm still only at Chapter 3, but already really liking the scenery there ;). Should be nice if it gets even better. Chapter 11 looks a little bland from the screenshots though..

Styles

Phoenix4 said:
I'm still only at Chapter 3, but already really liking the scenery there ;). Should be nice if it gets even better. Chapter 11 looks a little bland from the screenshots though..
It looks better in motion.

Ponn

Banned
Ballistictiger said:
If there is a Vanille defense force, there is a need for Fang hotness force.

Well if there is a Fang hotness Force then I want a Sazh's Manly Afros club. Oh god, I need some gifs from Yakitate Japan stat!

darkwings

Banned
FTWer said:

Tales of Vesperia's story isnt great, but overall that game felt more complete. Still I am only early in the game hope it gets better.

Zalasta

Personally, I don't get it. I thought the confrontation between
Sazh and Vanille, as well as Hope and Snow
, were pretty good. The story itself is still cliche and the way it is told could be better, but I like it more than most of the RPG I've played this generation. I'm certain it'll be more memorable than SO4 or ToV.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Yoshichan said:
I did the first
C'ieth mission
and proceeded onto the main story immediately. I knew that shit had to wait until I beat the game :lol

Ah, I assume that means I can still finish at least the story part of the game without needing to grind a lot. That's good to hear.

BocoDragon said:
Welcome into the fold :D

May the Aussie squeak of her voice forever brighten your life.

I also love the way she runs. It's so hilariously exaggeratedly girly. One actually wonders how managed to
survive and complete her original focus
with a run like that. :lol

Volcynika

F#A#Oo said:
Didn't seem to work...is there something else I should be doing?

Odd. All I had to do was talk to the statue on the Apex, then he unlocks an elevator. Ride that elevator down to the sixth tier, and activate another statue which then allows the main elevator to have access to all floors. The monster's description is he only comes out for music (and the elevator plays music as it rolls), so all I had to do to activate it was ride it from the apex to the ground floor completely, and it automatically activated.

C.T.

I'm at the end of chapter 10 now but stopped because I killed these enemies which spawn sword before I could scan them. The only enemy I couldn't scan was in Chapter 3 or 4 I think with these soldiers who threw mines. I scanned them but somehow killed them before the scan was complete. I already got the loremaster trophy and I'm afraid I miss out on a trophy to scan all enemies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom