• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Ponn01 said:
yea, what Zoe said.
Thats why she split off from Sazh and Vanille to begin with, she was heading to Eden to destroy it

Oops, I thought she was going to wherever
the Sanctum was located to destroy them/it (the capital city? Is that Eden?).

Zoe

luxarific said:
It's been forever since Chapter 4. :lol You'll have to remind me
what she pointed at.

It looks like a white ship in the sky during that scene. It's the center of Cocoon and is where the government resides.

Episode Zero mentions that Serah was getting ready to go to the university there.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Zoe said:
It looks like a white ship in the sky during that scene. It's the center of Cocoon and is where the government resides.

Episode Zero mentions that Serah was getting ready to go to the university there.

Ooooohhh, thanks.
I don't remember hearing Eden in that scene, but I obviously wasn't paying attention. I can't believe Serah is going to university. Child Prodigy! (Yeah, yeah, I know she's "seventeen" (or is it eighteen?))
:lol .

psy18

travelling through pulse looks like a chore. should i finish missions first?
I'm at
taejin tower and haven't touched any optional missions yet.
should i go back and finish missions to get
chocobos/teleporter?

Owzers

I'll be reading more of this thread after i finish the game for fear of random spoilers, but at 23 hours in ( though some of it on pause XP), i absolutely love this battle system. It's everything i liked about FF12 but streamlined to perfection. Instead of having to tediously input " when weak to fire, use fire!" for every magic attack it just does it barring you have the enemy information, which you can use Libra to get. Perfect!

I understand that this game has problems with linearity and i still can't pick my own battle team, but during the process it has made me more interested in each character...i don't even hate Hope atm. The graphics being the best this entire generation doesnt hurt either.

Pancho

Qurupancho
I got a Ch12 question:

There's this part where there are 2 treasure boxes on some glass walkway, I was able to take one but as I was reaching for the 2nd one an Adamantoise walks on the glass floor, breaks it and plummets down with the remaining, unopened treasure box. Did it had anything that I probably lost forever? An item that can't be had any other way?

Zoe

psy18 said:

If you don't like going around Pulse, you don't have to. Chapter 12 and 13 may be difficult though.

deathberry

Neo Member
I'm on the
final boss
. Need a little help as I'm still trying to figure things out after my 12th attempt.

I'm using Fang/ Lightning/ Vanille with:

COM/RAV/RAV
SBT/COM/SBT
COM/MED/MED
COM/RAV/MED

Everyone's HP is over 7k and 2 of 3 Crystariums at lvl 4. I know that in his
2nd phase
he starts using the damn
serpant tail which debuffs the fuck out of my party
so I use Fang's Dispel ability which costs 1 TP. For this purpose I have equiped Starfall Pendant giving
+60% poison resistance
to each one of the girls. Any other specific accessory I should be using apart from that? I have 3 accessory slots on each member btw.

Any general tips or something?

BluWacky

psy18 said:
I'm at
taejin tower and haven't touched any optional missions yet.
should i go back and finish missions to get
chocobos/teleporter?

You can level up more, and travel becomes significantly less tedious once you've
activated some teleport Cie'th stones and got the chocobo
, so it's really up to you. A bit odd to think it's a chore and then ask whether it's worth doing the things that make it less of a chore, maybe?

psy18

BluWacky said:
You can level up more, and travel becomes significantly less tedious once you've
activated some teleport Cie'th stones and got the chocobo
, so it's really up to you. A bit odd to think it's a chore and then ask whether it's worth doing the things that make it less of a chore, maybe?

Well, I was hoping there is some other kind of solution as the story progresses.
But if those stones are the only option I think it's better to do it ASAP then....

Too many C's in the game's story for me to stay on track.
Chapter 7 end boss I can beat but, it seems like a long drawn out battle.

Anyone else notice that if you can time it right you can dodge attacks with Lightning when she jumps backwards after her next to last attack?:D

survivor

Banned
Chapter 6 question.

Just go to the part where you can change the environment. What weather did you guys use? I'm thinking of doing one weather, go through the whole map and then go back to the beginning and do the same run with a different weather.

Kyoufu

deathberry said:
I'm on the final boss. Need a little help as I'm still trying to figure things out after my 12th attempt.

I'm using Fang/ Lightning/ Vanille with:

COM/RAV/RAV
SBT/COM/SBT
COM/MED/MED
COM/RAV/MED

Everyone's HP is over 7k and 2 of 3 Crystariums at lvl 4. I know that in his
2nd phase
he starts using the damn
serpant tail which debuffs the fuck out of my party
so I use Fang's Dispel ability which costs 1 TP. For this purpose I have equiped Starfall Pendant giving
+60% poison resistance
to each one of the girls. Any other specific accessory I should be using apart from that? I have 3 accessory slots on each member btw.

Any general tips or something?

I got 5 stars trophy on my first time on the fight so heres my advice:

Lightning, Fang, Hope

1. MED/SEN/MED (combat clinic) <--- starter paradigm
2. MED/SAB/SYN (evened odds)
3. RAV/COM/RAV (relentless assault)
4. COM/COM/RAV (aggression)

The battle always begins with his massive AoE slash move which he also uses after every stagger that ends, so to mitigate as much damage and heal up fast you start with combat clinic paradigm. Once you're healed up, you switch to Evened Odds paradigm. Make sure all your players end up with 6 buffs from Hope. By then, boss will be debuffed by Fang. With 6 buffs and around 4 debuffs, you then switch to Relentless Assault paradigm for a stagger. Once you stagger it, switch to Aggression to deal hefty damage. Be sure to switch back to combat clinic before the stagger duration ends because the boss will always use that massive AoE attack once sragger is over, be sure to be topped up before this.

Rinse and repeat for victory. Don't bother with any poison accessories. I used strength/magic accessories along with a fully upgraded Seraph's Crown which gives 60% Death resistance. This however was unnecessary as with this strategy the boss won't get a chance to cast Death on you.

Naeblish

survivor said:
Chapter 6 question.

Just go to the part where you can change the environment. What weather did you guys use? I'm thinking of doing one weather, go through the whole map and then go back to the beginning and do the same run with a different weather.
Just came from there. I don't think it's worth the trouble, felled like it was more a way to avoid the
wyverns or those huge beasts (forgot the name).

I'm at chapter 7 now, 15 hours in. Playing with
Snow as sentinel is really boring.
. Still really like the game but i'm kinda getting tired of these linear 2 man fighting parts, the game should open up already.

Phoenix4

I'm still at Chapter 3, but this
Ragnarok
, did i miss something or did it really come out of nowhere? They all seem to recognize it, but i never seen or heard about it before. Except for the
airship in FF8
ofcourse.

Phoenix4 said:
Ragnarok
, did i miss something or did it really come out of nowhere? They all seem to recognize it, but i never seen or heard about it before.
I'm at chapter 10 and tbh I'm still not entirely sure who/what that is. I know that there's some history there but I don't know what that history is. Probably the most confusing thing about the story so far for me.

edgefusion

Phoenix4 said:
Ragnarok
, did i miss something or did it really come out of nowhere? They all seem to recognize it, but i never seen or heard about it before. Except for the
airship in FF8
ofcourse.

Ragnarok was a big disaster that happened to Cocoon, hence why it's got a huge chunk of its crust missing and why everyone knows about it, I won't say anymore though for fear of spoiling it.

KZObsessed

ok wtf, I'm on Chapter 12 and am I really expected to be able to kill an
Adamantoise
seriously? Shall I just spam death til he dies or is there a strategy because he just destroyed me pretty quick?

Tom Penny

Are the porchupine looking things they tell you to avoid impossible to kill quickly early in the game? I get nothing but zero stars because it takes so long to get them out of their shell. I'm assuming that my characters are just too weak.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Tom Penny said:
Are the porchupine looking things they tell you to avoid impossible to kill quickly early in the game? I get nothing but zero stars because it takes so long to get them out of their shell. I'm assuming that my characters are just too weak.

don't remember how many stars I got, but be sure to use Sahz' "you go girl!" abilities before starting the attack.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
FFObsessed said:
ok wtf, I'm on Chapter 12 and am I really expected to be able to kill an
Adamantoise
seriously? Shall I just spam death til he dies or is there a strategy because he just destroyed me pretty quick?

Buff all your characters with enhancements. SHIELD IS A MUST. Get it near break level, then use a summon. I went in with Hope leading, and used Alexander.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
So I thought I had done all of
Titan's trials
but I didn't get my
genii glove
and now there's a row of question marks at the end of the list thing.

Wassupwitdat?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Lost Fragment said:
Titan's trials
but I didn't get my
genii glove

Wassupwitdat?

Did you do mission 51?

OK guys, I'm finally going to upgrade the weapons of my main party (Lighting, Fang, Hope).

But I really don't know what to do...¬_¬!

Sooo... which weapon do you think is the best to upgrade for Lighting and Fang?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Dedication Through Light said:
Whew at 48 hours Ive finally made it to Chapter 13,
a pity to see yaag rosch die, I actually thought he was going to survive

Nope, he was wasted, just like Cid and Jihl...

KZObsessed

Kagari said:
Buff all your characters with enhancements. SHIELD IS A MUST. Get it near break level, then use a summon. I went in with Hope leading, and used Alexander.

haha perfect! Holy shit is Alexander powerful. Is Odin the worst one? I always use Lightning as my leader but damn that Eidolon was awesome. I even got the Limit Breaker trophy! :D

Didn't kill him straight away but switching to dual medics + Fang as Commando finished him off. Nice. Thanks a lot.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
FFObsessed said:
haha perfect! Holy shit is Alexander powerful. Is Odin the worst one? I always use Lightning as my leader but damn that Eidolon was awesome. I even got the Limit Breaker trophy! :D

Didn't kill him straight away but switching to dual medics + Fang as Commando finished him off. Nice. Thanks a lo.

I got that trophy there as well. And yeah, Odin is the weakest summon. Alexander/Bahamut/Hecatoncheir are the strongest.

Zoe

Lost Fragment said:
Titan's trials
but I didn't get my
genii glove

Wassupwitdat?

Completing the initial missions opens up a new Cie'th stone in the 4th? section

TommyT

Tom Penny said:

No, they're pretty easy. I was 5-starring them on my play through. Try to always get a preemptive attack and it shouldn't be too much trouble.

deathberry

Neo Member
Kagari said:
I got that trophy there as well. And yeah, Odin is the weakest summon. Alexander/Bahamut/Hecatoncheir are the strongest.

In one of my tries on final boss (still doing it), I had Bahamut on summon and boss' stagger bar was at 999.99% and just before the end I pulled off Bahamut's fireball attack. 399795 damage :D

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I'm starting to think that I'm waaay over-leveled. I'm at the end of Chapter 11 and just killed these bosses with ease. All my characters are at a completely filled up level 4 in each of their base categories and I got an extra 600,000 that I haven't even spent yet. :lol

Tom Penny said:

Use buffs and debuffs. It wasn't too hard for me to get 4 to 5 stars in those battles by throwing some debuffs on them. I didn't even find them to be the hardest enemies in that section.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
DY_nasty said:
I'm starting to think that I'm waaay over-leveled. I'm at the end of Chapter 11 and just killed these bosses with ease. All my characters are at a completely filled up level 4 in each of their base categories and I got an extra 600,000 that I haven't even spent yet. :lol

That's probably my favorite thing about JRPGs, leveling up by an unnecessary, ungodly amount and then wiping the floor with all the enemies. There's just something so satisfying about it.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
luxarific said:
That's probably my favorite thing about JRPGs, leveling up by an unnecessary, ungodly amount and then wiping the floor with all the enemies. There's just something so satisfying about it.
Its all fine and dandy til they cut your target time down to 51 seconds - then you end up 1-2 starring entire segments because you refuse to fight without Haste+Vigilance. :lol

Dresden said:
6 is the second best Final Fantasy ever made, behind only the sublime Tactics. You need to go play those.

As for 12, I loved it to bits, even as the story slowly kept going without much happening at all.

This man speaks truth.

Jrmint

luxarific said:
Agreed whole-heartedly, it is so fun to do.

wonkafest

Kagari said:
Nope, he was wasted, just like Cid and Jihl...
Supporting cast spoilers:
one of my biggest beefs with this game is how they did nothing with these people, or even the cavalry. I think the max any of these characters were in the game were for maybe 3 scenes for each of them, then thrown away for no reason. What a waste :/

Blood Boal said:
OK guys, I'm finally going to upgrade the weapons of my main party (Lighting, Fang, Hope).

But I really don't know what to do...¬_¬!

Sooo... which weapon do you think is the best to upgrade for Lighting and Fang?

Your main party is similar to mine, though I use Sazh instead of Hope only because he's my favorite character in the game. What I'd probably do is
go with Lionheart for Lightning (early break), Hawkeye for Hope (for Magic power), and Taming Pole for Fang (it's her Stagger Lock weapon, and when fully upgraded it'll give a huge boost to both Attack and Magic); I upgraded Sazh's Rigels for myself (also a Stagger Lock) the thing about Stagger Lock weapons is that if you've got certain accessories equipped with these weapons, that character will gain the Lucky Break passive ability, which allows for a chance for an instant chain break.
Anyway, in regards to upgrades, the game gives you a ton of options. I'm not saying the above is necessarily the best one, but it's what I did and it's working great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom