• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechaX

Dresden said:
To be fair, at least in XIII there's no chance of someone getting Charmed and casting Diarahan on the enemy.

True. But at least in Persona 3 I won't be scared every turn while fighting Sleeping Table because Yukari might decide to cast Dia on Junpei instead of casting Mediarama on the entire party that needs it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
RPGCrazied said:
Oh I think im doing those.. the stones in a circle? and when you accept one
Lets call titan lord, he screams an makes it foggy as hell.. lol
Nah.
It's not that part, there's a passage leading to the trial on the north side of the map. You need to do a C'ieth mission to take away the barrier then continue.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
As soon as I get my 6 ultimate weapons I get 2 trapezohedron drops in a row :lol

Also, straight up killing them is by far more efficient than summon/death. If you die to them that often at all you just need better gear and/or strategy.

Got a couple questions:

1. Should I upgrade my axis blade to max?

2. Which items can I use to multiply my exp when upgrading weapons/accessories?

Thanks!

burgerdog

RPGCrazied said:
darn ok, Im on chapter 12.. gettin owned by a giant turtle.

I'll come back when I can.

I'm not sure why they make you fight an Adamanchelid in ch12, I would imagine that this must be really hard if people aren't decently leveled. You should definitely buff yourself as much as possible, Enfrost is a must(for you! :lol), and make sure it is debuffed. Deprotect, Deshell, and Slow all work on it.

I spent about 15-20 hours in ch11 so every monster encounter in ch12 was easy. Okay, I lied, Adamantaimai still destroys me.

edit
God, just posting about how long I was in ch11 makes me realize how fucking good that chapter is and how much more I enjoyed that part of the game. I honestly don't see how anybody could rush through it. I felt like FREE AT LAST when I landed.

_Xenon_

Banned
Labombadog said:
Got a couple questions:

Thanks!
36 sturdy bones (3x exp) should be the most cost efficient way.

Chapter 11 is just so breathtaking. It's awesome just wandering around aimlessly for once. I also have gotten wrecked by a lot of really strong enemies.:lol

I think I'm going to be hanging out for quite some time. It's such a stark contrast from the previous 35 hours or so.

KuwabaraTheMan said:
Chapter 11 is just so breathtaking. It's awesome just wandering around aimlessly for once. I also have gotten wrecked by a lot of really strong enemies.:lol

I think I'm going to be hanging out for quite some time. It's such a stark contrast from the previous 35 hours or so.

Yeah dude, totally awesome. I am loving Chapter 11 so far.

Holy crap, am I really 60 hours in? I must've left it on to do other stuff longer than I thought. Still at the beginning of chapter 13 after doing a few missions. Got up to 50% then decided to save the rest for post-game.

jiien

Labombadog said:
Got a couple questions:

Thanks!

I use the Axis Blade, because it's just awesome looking, and it's pretty nice to get a constant stream of attacks because as long as you synthesize the ATB charge (by using Sprint Shoes, Aurora Scarf, Whistlewind Scarf, among other things all at once), Lightning with the Axis Blade makes a perfect juggler all by her lonesome, which leaves the other two to do other things without having to get the timing down. Granted, you will then have to use Lightning as your main just to be sure (as to juggle in that state with 20% ATB, which is reasonable, you have to triangle-cancel before the last attack sometimes to match up animations to keep it steady).

That said, the Axis Blade is seriously weak compared to some of the others. REALLY WEAK. And the nice thing about Lightning is that she's an offensive powerhouse because she has powerful magic and strength, unlike every other character, which usually has a particular style/role. So yeah, I dunno. Eventually, you'll be rolling in money, and upgrading weapons to their max in the first tier is going to be pocket change. So I would just go for it, and do it with some of the other weapons, and see what you like.

D23

im still in chapter 9, please tell me this is the worst chapter in the game? its so dull, enemy took forever to beat that i skip some of them

_Xenon_

Banned
D23 said:
im still in chapter 9, please tell me this is the worst chapter in the game? its so dull, enemy took forever to beat that i skip some of them
If you think CH9 is the worst you would rip the game disc into half when hitting CH10.

DR2K

Banned
D23 said:

Chapter 10 sucks as well, but 11 and 12 will blow your mind.

jiien said:
I use the Axis Blade, because it's just awesome looking, and it's pretty nice to get a constant stream of attacks because as long as you synthesize the ATB charge (by using Sprint Shoes, Aurora Scarf, Whistlewind Scarf, among other things all at once), Lightning with the Axis Blade makes a perfect juggler all by her lonesome, which leaves the other two to do other things without having to get the timing down. Granted, you will then have to use Lightning as your main just to be sure (as to juggle in that state with 20% ATB, which is reasonable, you have to triangle-cancel before the last attack sometimes to match up animations to keep it steady).

That said, the Axis Blade is seriously weak compared to some of the others. REALLY WEAK. And the nice thing about Lightning is that she's an offensive powerhouse because she has powerful magic and strength, unlike every other character, which usually has a particular style/role. So yeah, I dunno. Eventually, you'll be rolling in money, and upgrading weapons to their max in the first tier is going to be pocket change. So I would just go for it, and do it with some of the other weapons, and see what you like.

Thanks for the in-depth answer. Truly appreciate it! :D

Honestly I thought 10 was better. 9 is just crappy crap crap. The first time I actually skipped batttles because I didn't want to deal with that enemy type or wasn't interested in the area. But it's all made up for in 11.

diddlyD

Banned
chapter 11 question:
am i supposed to grind for 20 hours before i move forward along the main story path? i finished the first 10 missions without much problem, then decided to see where the story went. got the hetchoncaeracaga whatever the summon battle, and he's absolutely slaughtering me. like not a fucking chance in hell, unless i'm doing something very wrong

diddlyD said:
chapter 11 question:
am i supposed to grind for 20 hours before i move forward along the main story path? i finished the first 10 missions without much problem, then decided to see where the story went. got the hetchoncaeracaga whatever the summon battle, and he's absolutely slaughtering me. like not a fucking chance in hell, unless i'm doing something very wrong

I had a so-so time here. At first I got rocked, but I mainly just kept healed with Van and when I could did offensive. After like 5 tries I got it.

End of Ch11 question
I can baord this ship, but later I will be able to return to the pulse mainland right? AFTER I beat the game or is there a point before? Or both?

diddlyD

Banned
DownLikeBCPowder said:
I had a so-so time here. At first I got rocked, but I mainly just kept healed with Van and when I could did offensive. After like 5 tries I got it.

he one shots me. van's got like 3k hp and his combo one shots her every time. like 5 times in a row now. what the fuck am i supposed to do.

impending rage. nothing makes me want to smash like sudden absurd walls of difficulty.

edit: this is with van as medic spamming heals, the other chick whatever her stupid name is sentinel, full hp, he walks over, 5 hits, dead.

So I finally reached the lower world and god damn is it huge :lol

I'm fooling around in Yassif M-something-or-other and it's so pretty, loving the quaint music too.

Do you ever have to fight that big thing that eats the other thing in that video?

Question: How do I use the waystones exactly? I thought I could travel between mission stones that I beat but that doesn't seem to be the case.

jvalioli

toasty_T said:
So I finally reached the lower world and god damn is it huge :lol

I'm fooling around in Yassif M-something-or-other and it's so pretty, loving the quaint music too.

Do you ever have to fight that big thing that eats the other thing in that video?

Question: How do I use the waystones exactly? I thought I could travel between mission stones that I beat but that doesn't seem to be the case.
You can travel between waystone missions. So not all Cei'th stones are Cei'th waystones.

diddlyD

Banned
fuuuuuuuu.jpg

nobody in this thread is even asking about this thing. my copy must be defective. you guys did not all fight the same
Hecatonchier
that my defective copy apparently has.

cosmicblizzard said:
Only part of chapter 10 I liked was
the Cid fight.
That's the only redeeming part of the chapter imo.

That was the toughest boss fight of the game for me so far (at the start of Chapter 11 now). It took me like five or so tries before I could manage to win that one. With that said, I didn't think Chapter 10 was bad or anything. It certainly wasn't on the level with something like Chapter 7, and there wasn't a whole lot of interesting stuff going on, but I thought it was alright. The location was fairly interesting, at the very least.

Le-mo

I haven't played this game for the whole week. Still on chapter 6. Will get back to it after all the finals are finish.

Belfast

Question: When is a good time to start upgrading your equipment? Is it worth saving items for later drops or should you just go ahead and do it ASAP.

Mandoric

Banned
Belfast said:
Question: When is a good time to start upgrading your equipment? Is it worth saving items for later drops or should you just go ahead and do it ASAP.

The longer you save, the better the results. On the other hand, by endgame the items you've gathered are near-useless in the face of cash grind and buying the best at stores. It's certainly not worthwhile to use organics before you have ten or so (more for more common ones), or mechanical parts unless you have 3x.
Probably the best point to use them would be at the beginning of chapter 11, where you have all you're going to get before you can start being selective and there's a difficulty spike.

Toki767 said:
I really really wish I saved before chapter 12. That was one of the greatest cutscenes ever.

I have about 22 saves. One at each chapter break and one before every significant boss encounter.

I just re-watched that cutscene 10 minutes ago. :lol

Le-mo

Blablurn said:
I finally got the game. Too bad there are two exams and god of war 3 :lol But i'll definetly start it next week. Can't wait!!!
Exactly my situation haha. I've been playing God of War III for the last two days and finally beat it yesterday. Now I have to study for my exams, no time for Final Fantasy XIII.

diddlyD said:
he one shots me. van's got like 3k hp and his combo one shots her every time. like 5 times in a row now. what the fuck am i supposed to do.

impending rage. nothing makes me want to smash like sudden absurd walls of difficulty.

edit: this is with van as medic spamming heals, the other chick whatever her stupid name is sentinel, full hp, he walks over, 5 hits, dead.

Why is he hitting Van? Should only be hitting Fang. Keep her Sent.

ZeoVGM

Banned
So I'm still on the awesome chapter 9. Should have time to play it tomorrow finally. When does disc 3 start, chapter 10?

Lain

I started playing the game 2 days ago and have to say that this game is really beautiful.
I'm at chapter 6 and the location is the most gorgeous one I've seen so far.
Now, if only I could say the same about the characters' hands!

Chapter 10:

Okay, I guess I must have lucked out and had the right Paradigm configurations since
Cid
apparently changes his patterns based on what your party's patterns are. I somehow got him to a stagger and raped him for 7/8 of his life bar in a matter of seconds. Then it took me another 4 minutes to grind that last bit down because he was constantly in Guard. But I beat him in 6 minutes and change and got the 5 star rating! :lol

Meanwhile, the dungeon itself is absolutely fucking atrocious. I actually thought this was going to be a short dungeon like Chapter 8, just kill
Cid
and it's off to Gran Pulse. But nooooooooooo, first the designers want me to go through this fucking bullshit! I never thought I would find another level that I would curse as much as The Infamous Library of identical blue rooms in the original Halo, but this bullshit dungeon matches it. It's just a bunch of identical rooms cut and pasted together with the same bullshit enemies in different patterns. I mean, the Chapter 9 dungeon at least had you going inside and outside and every part of the level looked different. This whole chapter is just identical orange room after identical orange room. Fuck the level designers who thought this shit would fly in this day and age. Halo had a lot of repetitiveness because it had to be finished by the Xbox's launch and it was even cancelled before being resurrected. Squenix had 5 years to make this game, so what the fuck is this shit?

God, I can't wait to be outside exploring Gran Pulse in Chapter 11 after this total pile of bull-fucking-horseshit. Fuck Chapter 10.

Toki767

I thought Chapter 10 was long as well, though I think part of my feeling that way was in anticipation of knowing what was coming in Chapter 11.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
marathonfool said:
I have about 22 saves. One at each chapter break and one before every significant boss encounter.

I just re-watched that cutscene 10 minutes ago. :lol
bro I have 100 saves :lol Someday I might want to watch this movie again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom