• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechaX

K' Dash said:
FUCK mission 62, fuck it, fuck it FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK IIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm... pretty worried at this point. I'm going to flip if all of this Adamantoise grinding still isn't enough to take on the final missions (All but one of the roles for each character is completely maxed, ultimate weapons for my three main characters at level 100, 93, and 80 respectively).

burgerdog

Is the king behemoth vs wolf fight still the best grinding spot in the game? I have beat the game and have growth egg so if there is a better place I would love to know.

RpgN said:
The ending was...not bad...it did serve its purpose. You got to see all what you expected and you got exactly that.
You have Sera and Daijin popping out of nowhere and everyone is happy. Where is Snow and Sera marriage ceremony? Why can't we see how Sazh gets along with his son on his normal life? How does Hope get along with his dad? Will Vanille and Fang ever wake up again? How is Lightning handling Snow and Sera now that they are married? How do humans live now? Can they manage?
It's like you finished the game, saved the world and don't get to see what will become of the world and its people you have worked so hard for.

Yeah, definitely could've used more closure but that's what FFXIII-2 is for ;)

dramatis

7Th said:
Vanille didn't want to die because she felt guilty, Vanille wanted to die because her death was the only way of actually keeping Cocoon safe.

Her existence puts EVERYONE in danger; her only options were to become Ragnarok herself and kill everyone in Pulse or tell Fang the truth and watch her become Ragnarok and kill everyone in Pulse.

I don't buy that bullshit. All of them knew
they were of danger to Cocoon, but none of them moped around half as much as Vanille did, and the only one who actively sought death was Sazh—for a different reason.
Always with the excuses when it comes to Vanille's character, honestly. The game portrays her
way as the right way, the positive way, running and running and just doing nothing, compared to Lightning and Fang who actually made decisions but get shafted because somehow Fang doesn't have the luck that Vanille does when the others break their "illusions" or Lightning is somehow wrong in wanting to take down the Sanctum. What a joke. Vanille only ends up so favorably because of the favoritism of the writer.

Vlodril

Man this game is harder than any ff i played before.. I get owned regulary not only by bosses but from normal mobs too. The battle is nice but this YOU MUST HAVE THE CORRECT COMBINATION of classes in order to win is retarted. I am at the end of chapter 12 and i am dragging my feet in order to finish this game. The story is unremarkable too be kind and it seems to go on forever and ever.. Graphics are top notch though and most characters are enjoyable (except Vanille what the hell is wrong with her voice? Is she whispering? Is she speaking sofly? Why is having an orgasm each time she does pretty much anything ?).

Peff

Gamer @ Heart said:
WHY ARE LAUGHING. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? WHERE IS IT???

It means it's the last mission, the hardest boss of the game and the stone is at the very end of chapter 11. So laughing is probably not the best reaction :D

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Skel said:
King Behemoth fighting a Megisthorian (big ass wolf) in the Northwest Corner of the Archlyte Steppe.

6600 CP and guaranteed pre-emptive strike.

Make sure to kill the Behemoth first.

This is the best spot in the whole game as far as I know, but it only works until you are strong enough to kill them fast. Most people starting out in chapter 11 will just get raped, or struggle for a 4-5 minutes. Until you can kill them within 30 seconds, kill those birds.

grumble

marathonfool said:
Chapter 11 sidequest questions

Once you unlock the Chocobo area, there is a point of interest where a Chocobo is stuck on an island. Is there a way to get there?

Also, in the Springs, is it possible to fight that water Fal'cie?

For the chocobo, it's actually a baby chocobo flying around the pond. Wait by the shoreline until it gets close and mash x. Can't get on the island to my knowledge. I don't know about the falcie.

Chapter 13 spoilers:
Orphan's cradle was so... pink, and the mobs there get ridiculously hard and time-consuming there. I think some of them were probably harder than the actual final boss (who was cheese) although I wouldn't know because I just used deceptisols to run past most of them. >_>

7Th said:
Spoiler police. ;_;

And people are still questioning themselves regarding the nature of Vanille and Fang's relationship? Gee, did you guys miss their
unison orgasm moans during the ending
or something?
:lol No, I didn't miss that, or (ending spoilers people)
their breakup scene, or the aforementioned hands-on reunion scene, or that the ending has them saving the world with the power of love (and Ragnarok, I guess that helps) and holding hands in crystal stasis for hundreds of years...
it just didn't seem like Square Enix had the guts to be clearer about it. I'd chalk it up to tasteful subtlety if it weren't for the fact that Square has the least subtle writers in all existence.

desverger

Naeblish said:
I'm on ch9 and wondering what weapon to upgrade for Lightning. Together with Fang and Hope she is Rav 80% of the time, so she should have high magic instead of strength right? I'm currently using gladius but it has almost no magic.

I've been using the Gladius as well with a high STR-build. It's okay if you use the Strike-skills out of the Ravager line (Sparkstrike etc.). In the end I probably want to build Lightning as a balanced character, though, so probably going to upgrade the Lionheart or Organyx.

Naeblish said:
Also, is there a way to force 2 commando's on 1 enemy? Every time there is more then one enemy and Lightning and Fang are both Commando's, they pick separate targets.

Only way to force 2 commandos on one enemy is to have only 1 enemy :) It's good though, for stronger opponents if you have high STR-chars (like Fang and Lightning in the start).

momolicious said:
My friend is having trouble saving his save file on the ps3 onto a usb, Dont tell me ps3 doesnt allow you to move saves

PS3 saves are now locked due to trophy support.

Only way to transfer locked saves is through backup.

burgerdog

I still can't come even close to killing an adamantaimai to get a trape to upgrade to ultimate weapons. Fang has 2095 strength and 14,585 hp, light has 1530 str/magic and 12,205 hp, hope has 2159 magic and 11,255 hp. I can survive a stomp only to get raped by the second one. If I use the summon method I only take a quarter of its health and then die to stomps when he regains the legs.

marathonfool said:

You have got to be kidding me, they removed a convenience feature because of trophys?! what do you mean by backup, Is there any way my friend can move save from someone elses ps3 to another one?

KZObsessed said:
Only got Mission 62 & 64 left now -_-

I think I'll leave them until I'm maxed out and have gotten some ultimate weapons.... yikes.
You could always use the tried and true method of death spam. ^_^

momolicious said:
You have got to be kidding me, they removed a convenience feature because of trophys?! what do you mean by backup, Is there any way my friend can move save from someone elses ps3 to another one?

I think it would probably have to be only moveable for a game without trophys then.

However, if they signed in on their PS3 account on that PS3 and then signed in on their own PS3, I wonder if the save file wouldnt be locked for them if they were moving it?

7Th

dramatis said:
I don't buy that bullshit. All of them knew
they were of danger to Cocoon, but none of them moped around half as much as Vanille did, and the only one who actively sought death was Sazh—for a different reason.
Always with the excuses when it comes to Vanille's character, honestly. The game portrays her
way as the right way, the positive way, running and running and just doing nothing, compared to Lightning and Fang who actually made decisions but get shafted because somehow Fang doesn't have the luck that Vanille does when the others break their "illusions" or Lightning is somehow wrong in wanting to take down the Sanctum. What a joke. Vanille only ends up so favorably because of the favoritism of the writer.

They were all being immature little kids, as I see it. I mean, everyone other Sazh. The one and only thing they wanted to accomplish was survival. Lightning said it best:
wanting to take down the Sanctum was just an excuse to keep herself alive.

Anyway,
only Vanille was aware that they were supposed to summon/become/channel/whatever Ragnarok until Barthandelous told them so and only Vanille had experienced firsthand, keeping her memories of the event, what Ragnarok actually was. I find it silly to blame her for being the only one afraid of becoming the bringer of the end of humanity because she was the only one that had been there to witness the end of humanity. If anything, her actions through the game were way too sensible and by all logic Vanille should be even more completely fucked-up and melodramaic.
:lol

I do think that Fang's
selective memory loss was pretty damn convenient and probably dragged the game a lot more than what was necessary. In fact, you can probably blame the first 9 or so Episodes on that!

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
WOO DOGGY !

Chapter 12 is ALL kinds of awesome :lol. God damn if only the entire game was paced like this.

anaron

icarus-daedelus said:
Chapter 13 spoilers:
Orphan's cradle was so... pink, and the mobs there get ridiculously hard and time-consuming there. I think some of them were probably harder than the actual final boss (who was cheese) although I wouldn't know because I just used deceptisols to run past most of them. >_>

:lol No, I didn't miss that, or (ending spoilers people)
their breakup scene, or the aforementioned hands-on reunion scene, or that the ending has them saving the world with the power of love (and Ragnarok, I guess that helps) and holding hands in crystal stasis for hundreds of years...
it just didn't seem like Square Enix had the guts to be clearer about it. I'd chalk it up to tasteful subtlety if it weren't for the fact that Square has the least subtle writers in all existence.

Not only that but the episode Zero novel even further imply's things specifically when they say things like:

“You’re the one who said we’d always be together, forever!” Fang cupped Vanille’s face in her hands.
“We’ll always be together...”
“Yes.”
“And we will go home together...”
"That’s what we promised, remember?”
Vanille placed her hands against Fang’s, and nodded.
“No, you’re right... I...”
They had promised so long ago. They would be alright as long as they were together. They would never be parted. It was a promise she never wished to break.

Seriously, it's just to obvious :lol

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
momolicious said:

You can transfer the saves. They just have to make a new profile on their friend's PS3 and sign in using their own PSN account.

Rpgmonkey

Hmm, Fang actually becomes a pretty balanced Ravager...

Only makes the decision to make it a hassle to get into the extra roles even worse. I wanted to be able to do this as soon as I got the option, not until I could kill turtles 25 hours later. :/

burgerdog said:
I still can't come even close to killing an adamantaimai to get a trape to upgrade to ultimate weapons. Fang has 2095 strength and 14,585 hp, light has 1530 str/magic and 12,205 hp, hope has 2159 magic and 11,255 hp. I can survive a stomp only to get raped by the second one. If I use the summon method I only take a quarter of its health and then die to stomps when he regains the legs.

You have anyone to cast buffs and another to heal at the same time? I've been fighting them straight on since Fang had about that much HP. Before the battle I equipped everyone with some stuff that helps to reduce the damage from Earth-based attacks, along with the usual stuff for more CP and items.

I use Fang, Sazh, and Hope. Hope heals, Sazh throws on a few buffs, and Fang throws debuffs on the legs. Then I switch so Fang can continue to use debuffs (builds up the gauge faster than other attacks), Sazh uses attack magic, and Hope heals. Switch so Fang can use Highwind, then repeat this for the other leg.

After it falls, use Fang to throw some debuffs on (Imperil, Deshell, and Deprotect mostly), then I switch so Fang can attack and the other two can use attack magic. Keep going until it's at about 950%, then I use Highwind.

Repeat the whole thing about two or three times and it's dead. I use Renew or a Phoenix Down if Hope gets killed off by its Roar attack.

Zoe

marathonfool said:

Only some saves are locked. Many are not. It doesn't matter whether it supports trophies or not.

Ricker

Toki767 said:
I'm not sure if this has been posted, but here's an interview with Ali Hillis, the voice of Lightning courtesy of Final Fantasy Union. Pretty cool interview. Apparently she didn't know she was voicing the "main" protagonist. :lol

http://www.podcastsunion.com/ffu/FF_Union_Lightning_Interview.mp3

Awesome thanks,will listen,I love her voice,just like Fang also,I think they all did a pretty good job,except maybe Vanille but I mean for what they wanted her to sound like,she did good anyway...I got use to her..anyway,I think the English voice acting in this game is great,good job.

adamsapple

Toki767 said:
I'm not sure if this has been posted, but here's an interview with Ali Hillis, the voice of Lightning courtesy of Final Fantasy Union. Pretty cool interview. Apparently she didn't know she was voicing the "main" protagonist. :lol

http://www.podcastsunion.com/ffu/FF_Union_Lightning_Interview.mp3

They mention this as the first in the series, hopefully they get Fang's VO too. The interview was aweosme btw. Ali Hillis sounds really frank and awesome.

ezekial45

Banned
I've been in Gran Pulse in chapter 11 for a few hours now. I've completed about 10 different missions, and i'm still in the 3rd crystarium for all my characters. Also, i've barely lvl'd any of my gear (still have a lvl 2 gladius for light). Now, i've heard that the next boss in chapter 11 is really hard.

Should i try working on maxing out my crystarium (until the rest is opened up), before i continue?

Snipes424

The chapter 12 boss just made me quit this game.

I got to stage 2, he did his bullshit 99% health attack and then swiped right after, killing my entire team before I could do anything, I had him down to about 20%

Zertez

burgerdog said:
Is the king behemoth vs wolf fight still the best grinding spot in the game? I have beat the game and have growth egg so if there is a better place I would love to know.
There is a spot in Mah'Habara I like a little more. Between a Juggernaut and two Cyrohedrons, you can kill several sets of mobs. One group of 6 will give you 5.5k cp or so. Doing the short run, I can get just around 18k cp in less than 5 minutes. The mobs have a lot less hp than the Behemoth, so most of the time is spent on loading/spoil screens. You can also get quite a few bomb cores running this spot as well.

adamsapple

ezekial45 said:
I've been in Gran Pulse in chapter 11 for a few hours now. I've completed about 10 different missions, and i'm still in the 3rd crystarium for all my characters. Also, i've barely lvl'd any of my gear (still have a lvl 2 gladius for light). Now, i've heard that the next boss in chapter 11 is really hard.

Should i try working on maxing out my crystarium (until the rest is opened up), before i continue?

Yeah man. Hell I personally kept leveling up the weapons (specifically Gladius) periodically through out the game and had it turned to the Helter Skelter by the time I reached pulse.

There's plenty of good spots to grind on Pulse to max out the Crystarium easily. I found grinding in the tunnel where
Vanille's eidolon fight happens
pretty easy as the things in there die real quick and one round trip which takes no more than 20 minutes ends up giving you 80k+ CP.

I completed the missions that were available in Gran Pulse (the open filed area), where can I find more missions to complete, I did 1-10, seven and a couple of other weren't available.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
chandoog said:
Yeah man. Hell I personally kept leveling up the weapons (specifically Gladius) periodically through out the game and had it turned to the Helter Skelter by the time I reached pulse.

There's plenty of good spots to grind on Pulse to max out the Crystarium easily. I found grinding in the tunnel where
Vanille's eidolon fight happens
pretty easy as the things in there die real quick and one round trip which takes no more than 20 minutes ends up giving you 80k+ CP.
The place with the Chocobos worked out nice for me too. Still, wolf vs behemoth was a great spot - 6600 CP for one fight against two weakened enemies? Shiiiiiit.

Snipes424 said:
The chapter 12 boss just made me quit this game.

I got to stage 2, he did his bullshit 99% health attack and then swiped right after, killing my entire team before I could do anything, I had him down to about 20%

My tried and true method to every boss was Relentless Assault; Combat Clinic, and using RENEW. Also starting with Haste should be pretty much standard now. Any other Paradigms I found for me were just too slow

Cep

Banned
icarus-daedelus said:

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Just finished the game. Such a promising opening that led to nothing spectacular. Lightning didn't even feel like the "main character." There were lots of moments that should have been emotional, but weren't. So, maybe the storytelling was bad. I dunno.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
any general tips of levelling up in Pulse? any milestones?

like, 'it would be a good idea to max out the three main crystarium flower-things before POINT A', 'it would be good to upgrade item b' etc.

We've probably been over this a million times in this thread alone, but it's all been spoiler tagged so I haven't read it. :3

A great place to level up on pulse is once you get to Taejin's Tower, 5th Tier. You'll go to the 5th tier once, I believe, then go back down, then go back up on the other side. Anyways, there will be a save point on a U-shaped stairway. At the bottom are 5 Pulsework Gladiators. Using the barrier by them, you can easily get a pre-emptive on them. They will go down quickly if you have Thundaga and Thundara, and net you 8,000 CP. Go back up the stairs, back down, and repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom