• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobbun

Not sure if I will pick up my copy at midnight or wait until tomorrow.

Don't really want to pick up at midnight as I have to get up early for work. Thing is, if I wait until tomorrow, will be a pain to pick it up as it will really be out of my way on my way home.

Decisions. Decisions. Guess I could wait until Wednesday.

pyrealnova said:
No problem. J&L said "maybe 3:00".

I'm going to hit up vgny around 4 to try to get my copy.

I was about to call J&L too... Oh well i'll wait.

Btw: did you ask for the price? I bet it's gonna be 65... They always do that on popular games.

cruets

well this just arrived :D

rsz_img_4004.jpg

rsz_img_4005.jpg

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
deathberry said:
For those who have finished: I have just entered
Gran Pulse
@ 31 hours into the game. How long before the end?

I was thinking of starting a second playthrough on the X360 once I'm done with the PS3 version, but it's starting to take it's toll. 31 hours over 5 days, including a weekend, is still....long.

You've got two more chapters. Also, Chapter 11 is the longest in the game, and for me, the best part. I would spend considerable time there before moving on.

burgerdog

cruets said:
well this just arrived :D

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/12/12/502533/rsz_img_4004.jpg[/I]
[IMG]http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/12/12/502533/rsz_img_4005.jpg[/][/QUOTE]

Whas it shipped via A-1 Courier Services?

Flib

dragonflys545 said:
I was about to call J&L too... Oh well i'll wait.

Btw: did you ask for the price? I bet it's gonna be 65... They always do that on popular games.

Probably will be, I always forget and then they ring it up as like $70 with tax and I'm like dammit. I'd prefer to just hit up videogamesNY

cruets

Crazypanda_85 said:
What are your opinions about it?

quality hard cover. but i'm not sure if i wanna take the shrink wrap off, the nerd in me will be mad if i take shrink wrap comes off . i'll break down in a couple of days i'm sure

D23

cruets said:
quality hard cover. but i'm not sure if i wanna take the shrink wrap off, the nerd in me will be mad if i take shrink wrap comes off . i'll break down in a couple of days i'm sure

huh..so ur not gonna open it?? wut?

Flib said:
Probably will be, I always forget and then they ring it up as like $70 with tax and I'm like dammit. I'd prefer to just hit up videogamesNY

that's a bit too far, so i tend to go to either J&L or EC basement.

I do not have my name down. The only game I've ever felt the need to pre-order/pre-pay in full from vgny was MW2. I've generally had good luck with showing up and buying a copy the day their shipment comes in.

As for price, I expect $65/66 with tax included.

hitsugi

demosthenes said:
No...tomorrow will be. I'll be at work, and FFXIII will arrive @ my house around 2pm. I'm going to be so ready to leave leading up to 5:30 :lol

yeah.. two days of dull shit to go lol. knowing the game is sitting at my place while i'm at work is going to kill me tomorrow D:

hitsugi said:
yeah.. two days of dull shit to go lol. knowing the game is sitting at my place while i'm at work is going to kill me tomorrow D:
Yeah I've already been trying to prepare distractions to make the wait easier. :lol

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Zoe said:
You've never heard of a collector before?
Collectors who care about stupid plastic on their items... ugh... it's like people who want to protect their virginity for life.. what you're saving isn't really worth anything, except to the other crazy people who think like you, and there's a lot of fun to be had if you just open it up :lol

Zoe

BocoDragon said:
Collectors who care about stupid plastic on their items... ugh... it's like people who want to protect their virginity for life.. what you're saving isn't really worth anything, except to the other crazy people who think like you, and there's a lot of fun to be had if you just open it up :lol

Tampering with the plastic degrades the value. And Final Fantasy has proven to be a big seller to collectors years after the fact.

Tamanon

Banned
Swung by gamestop to preorder for tonight. Asked for FF13, was completely stunned when he asked me what system. It was the first time I had to answer that question for a FF game!:/

Hobbun

Tamanon said:
Swung by gamestop to preorder for tonight. Asked for FF13, was completely stunned when he asked me what system. It was the first time I had to answer that question for a FF game!:/

No offense, but where have you been? FF XIII was announced for both systems during E3 2008.

Tamanon

Banned
Hobbun said:
No offense, but where have you been?

I knew it was multiplatform, but it didn't really hit me until I went in to purchase it. Kinda how this state just recently went no smoking in restaurants. I knew it was there, but it didn't hit me until I wasn't asked "smoking or non" when getting a table.

BocoDragon

Zoe said:
Tampering with the plastic degrades the value. And Final Fantasy has proven to be a big seller to collectors years after the fact.
So buying games is a moneymaking investment then? I've got better ways to make money off your $30 in 10 years.

Or for gods sake... just buy two then if you intend on keeping one for its value.

I'll bet the guide doesn't do much more than double or triple in value over the years anyway... 10 years of having a sealed guide on your shelf, strange looks from friends and significant others, all so you can make $100 in 2020 :lol

sam27368

Banned
You'd be surprised, I recently sold my HL2 Raising the Bar book (opened by the way, it was a good read) for about £100 ($200).

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
BocoDragon said:
So buying games is a moneymaking investment then? I've got better ways to make money off your $30 in 10 years.

Or for gods sake... just buy two then if you intend on keeping one for its value.

I'll bet the guide doesn't do much more than double or triple in value over the years anyway... 10 years of having a sealed guide on your shelf, strange looks from friends and significant others, all so you can make $100 in 2020 :lol

I know I definitely base my decisions on whether my friends will think a book on my shelf looks weird or not.

BocoDragon

sam27368 said:
You'd be surprised, I recently sold my HL2 Raising the Bar book (opened by the way, it was a good read) for about £100 ($200).
Well, you opened it and read it, so you're cool. :lol

BocoDragon said:

I'm with you Boco, I just bought a black label FF7 last year in very good condition for less than $50. I don't think there's much money making potential at all with games especially like Final Fantasy, but I can at least understand the collection fulfillment aspect of it.

Dresden

BocoDragon said:

If I bought the LE guide, I'd keep it sealed. It's not like this is Morrowind, you probably don't need a guide to keep to a straight path.

Meier

I'm not very excited about the 3 discs as I don't have that much room left on my HDD and hate swapping, but I went the 360 route so I can play this in the room as the PS3 is hooked up on the main TV for Blu-Ray. No way I could talk my gf into playing a 60 hour game out there and I'm not very keen on bringing the system back and forth. Hopefully the loss of visual clarity is minimal -- I know it apparently does exist but I'm willing to deal with it.

Copy shipped today from GF so I'll probably get it on Wednesday.. gotta finish Darksiders between now and then I suppose.

Btw, is the Japanese audio track available on the 360 version of the game (or either for that matter)?

sam27368 said:

No way. I have my copy sitting on a shelf at my old man's place somewhere. Profit!

BocoDragon

commish said:
I know I definitely base my decisions on whether my friends will think a book on my shelf looks weird or not.
It's a sealed book.

A sealed book.

If it's not about looking cool, what else is it for?

Hopefully the money: but that won't be much either.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
BocoDragon said:
It's a sealed book.

A sealed book.

If it's not about looking cool, what else is it for?

Hopefully the money: but that won't be much either.

Different strokes for different folks. Would I do it myself? No... but if it makes him happy, more power to him.

Meier

BluWacky said:
Not on either version.
Zoe said:
On neither. Blame lip syncing.
Interesting/surprising. I'm kinda shocked that's the case in this day and age, especially with the PS3 version. Thanks for the response, guess I'll have to deal. I have not minded the voice acting that much in the recent FF games personally but it would have been nice to have that option.

sam27368

Banned
I collect games for myself, at the end of the day. Like most people I steer clear of the value label ones and always go for the originals for some reason, but at the end of the day I collect them for myself. Although when people who don't understand games say "you have a lot of games" I just say "yeh because they're going to be worth a shit-ton in the future" :lol

deathberry

Neo Member
Zoe said:
If you try to follow the natural flow of missions till the end of the game (only doing about a third of them), expect to spend at least another 20 hours. I can't speak as to how difficult it would be to not do more missions though.

thetrin said:
You've got two more chapters. Also, Chapter 11 is the longest in the game, and for me, the best part. I would spend considerable time there before moving on.

Ok, so I now have access to the Missions. I'm assuming this is chapter 10 which is just after
you get Hope's summon
. So Chapter 11 is the last one? Anyways, what should my stats be before moving on? Like average HP and level on Crystarium System for party. Speaking of which...
4000 fucking CP for each power @ lvl 4
?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom