• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

desu

sam27368 said:
Just doing some research on versus 13, so what's its current status? I heard it might not be at E3?
Is there a video of the jump festa 09 trailer? It sounds awesome, but info on it is hard to find!

No, nothing of that has been released or leaked to the public yet. So we gotta wait until E3 or TGS.

Jeels

DarknessTear said:
I'd be worried after reading this, but then you mentioned a Yakuza game...

Haha, exactly, I kept reading until that last sentence. How anyone can find FF13 to be bland but enjoy the button mashing of Yakuza is beyond me (BTW, I love other games that have the button mash criticism, like Kingdom Hearts).

chris-013 said:
If you think the battle against
Odin
was difficult, wait to fight
Bahamut
. I think I needed 8-10 try against him. :lol

He was the easiest one. Simply used
Medic/Medic/Sentinel
combination and pulled it off first time, with 800 to spare.

survivor

Banned
Oh man, can't wait until tomorrow. Not gonna have a class in the morning so I will just go to EB Games and pick it up.

If today can just go much faster, my life would be happier.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
h3ro said:
Spoilers!! There is an ending??!?!
Not really.. it's more of a kill screen. The last boss has more HP than you can ever dish out.

CozMick

Banned
vexvegaz said:
finally!!!
cd8f161f-2.jpg

see you guys in 50-60 hours :D

Really loving that box art,

Better than the LE imho, hate the minimalistic look.

Westonian

Vamphuntr said:
Piggyback did guide for some big games like RE 5 and AC2. Brady Games guides are often bad these days. Their ToV guide was full of mistakes and never forget the FF9 please log in to playonline one. It's not much of a loss.

A friend of mine gave me the RE 5 guide from them and it's really nice.

Piggyback did the MGS4 guide as well. Very nice layouts, and they throw in a lot of artwork as well. And don't remind me of the FFIX guide. I'm replaying that as we speak and that book is nothing but a giant cock tease.

"There's a great secret in this area! Login in PlayOnline to find out what it is!"

Bastards.

Swittcher

Banned
I can't figure out how to get to my local EB games so I can buy Final Fantasy XII! THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING I wish there was some----

Oh, wait!

_wsb_433x376_map21314371.jpg

Thank god!

j/k

Seriously though, my store better get it tomorrow.

aryies

Neo Member
im about 10 hours in, the combat, imo, is still carrying the game. its crazy good. best combat in an ff game ever tbh.

but the characters, story, and linearity is really killing it. honestly, if the combat wasnt so good, i would probably stop playing it. im also interested in seeing if
pulse makes the game good. or just "tolerable"

fwiw, i hated ff12, and thought ffx was "ok. and my fav FF games are 9 and 6.

vexvegaz

CozMick said:
Really loving that box art,

Better than the LE imho, hate the minimalistic look.

lol i actually love the LE box art and im a sucker for that minimalist look.

i was hoping they would release it for the US.

Artadius

So, for folks in the know... are there any missable items / trophies in this game (ala Zodiac Spear).

I will probably only play through this only once so I'm not opposed to making sure I don't miss anything like that, even if it is on the level of the spear...

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
despite what is perhaps my better judgment, I'm going to pick this up after class in an hour or two.

I've never seen a game that sounded so good in many respects sound so bad in others. It's going to be interesting.

Zeliard

K' Dash said:
That's a very dull picture compared with what's coming later.

The game could go on to show Bahamut fighting Jesus on top of Space Mountain and it wouldn't make that shot dull. The fact that it's so serene and calm is part of what makes that picture so eye-catching.

Artadius said:
So, for folks in the know... are there any missable items / trophies in this game (ala Zodiac Spear).

I will probably only play through this only once so I'm not opposed to making sure I don't miss anything like that, even if it is on the level of the spear...

There are no missable items, but don't sell accessories if you don't have spares.

desu

Castor Krieg said:
There are no missable items, but don't sell accessories if you don't have spares.

Aren't the element rings missable? Can't really remember but there was one group of rings I couldn't buy at a shop at all (and you needed to upgrade them).

Well its 11:12am on the 9th of March 2010 here in NZ and I just went and picked up my copy. :D

Now I just need to get through work and get home to actually play the thing!

desu said:
Aren't the element rings missable? Can't really remember but there was one group of rings I couldn't buy at a shop at all (and you needed to upgrade them).

Yes, the element rings are missable, but you get them in the story. That's why I said not to sell accessories if you don't have spares.

Jeels

Dedication Through Light said:
Wow so how many is estimate to have been made just 100 thousand or so?

210,000, haha this question keeps popping up.

Whoever got number 1 is one lucky foo.

ZeoVGM

Banned
_Xenon_ said:
Man the hype is fucking BURNING me :lol :lol

I'm gonna buy a PS3 slim with this bad boy tomorrow right after work. It better be worth it dammit.

Good luck with that one. :lol

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
PseudoPrime1979 said:
All I need to do now is decide whether I want to go to the GS midnight release or just pick it up tomorrow at a reasonable hour.

Thoughts?
midnight launches are always pointless.

playing a game when you're half-asleep is cheapening it for yourself. especially on a weeknight!

PseudoPrime1979 said:
All I need to do now is decide whether I want to go to the GS midnight release or just pick it up tomorrow at a reasonable hour.

Thoughts?
If you'll play it tonight then why not pick it up tonight? If not then just get it tomorrow. Also just a reminder that midnight launches really suck for the employees there so you should be nice to them!

desu

Castor Krieg said:
Yes, the element rings are missable, but you get them in the story. That's why I said not to sell accessories if you don't have spares.
Ah, right, that makes sense. Already forgot they you get them in the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom