• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am still trying to
beat the Primarch at the end of Chapter 9... I actually got him to do some moan when he was charging up his Destrudo. Is there something special you have to do to get him to do that? I am on try #4 and I am starting to get really pissed off again. :lol

MechaX

Wow. Mission 62 was actually kind of fun. It had tough enemies that you needed to use strategy on, but it wasn't filled to the brim with bullshit quick status effect attacks like Mission 54.

But on the way to the Mission 63 mark, I just met a Long Gui.

Uh... Am I supposed to be able to defeat this thing? Even with all stats maxed, the thing casts
Ultima
at the start of the round for 40,000 points of damage.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Big Papa Husker said:
So I am still trying to
beat the Primarch at the end of Chapter 9... I actually got him to do some moan when he was charging up his Destrudo. Is there something special you have to do to get him to do that? I am on try #4 and I am starting to get really pissed off again. :lol

IIRC with that boss you need to target and attack the smaller heads before the big main head. Libra scope when you enter the fight. If you use L1/LB before entering the boss and use the protect/haste things it will also help slightly to take less damage and help with offensiveness.

anddo0

jiggle said:
u get chocobo after mission 14
and u can unlock teleport c'ieths that ports u around the maps on mission 7(?)

seems like I missed a few missions. I defeated the chapter 11 boss today, but haven't advanced. Is it worth backtracking?

My party is maxed out in all 3 of their main skills, with an additional 600K+ CP each, waiting to be spent the next time the Chrystarium becomes available.

grumble

Dresden said:
Fang, Vanille and Hope is really good, imo. My team. But I know that a lot of people use Light, Vanille and Hope.

It's pretty much just Vanille, Hope, and someone who can work as a commando tacked on.

I've found a sentinel is really, really useful, though not much fun. Without it I'd have died many times, though granted I haven't been using defensive buffs. I think I might use fang instead of lightning, even though lightning's much more powerful right now. It's a long term plan.

AHHHHHH! I've spent the last hour trying to kill this damn Neochu. Does Death EVER work? This is such bullshit. I'm sick of grinding and want that damn egg :/

firehawk12

Subete no aware
cosmicblizzard said:
AHHHHHH! I've spent the last hour trying to kill this damn Neochu. Does Death EVER work? This is such bullshit. I'm sick of grinding and want that damn egg :/

It works... just keep trying. I had to do it twice. :lol

KZObsessed

cosmicblizzard said:

Yeah I got him with death. Are you using the Belladonna weapon? It increases debuffing and is supposed to make death work more ofen. Dunno if it's true but that's what I used at the time.

Wait til you're trying it on the Adamantoise, I was close to quitting for good when I got ma precious Trapezohedron. :p

F#A#Oo

Banned
cosmicblizzard said:

It took me like 20+ times to finally defeat him with Death and still manage to come out alive after killing him.

I killed him a couple of times prior but the smaller ones would deplete my HP far quicker then I could replenish...so I had to create a Med-Med-Com class...and just play it safe...I later 5* it... :D

You haven't met frustration yet...:D there are harder hunts...

Styles

cosmicblizzard said:

I had the same problem yesterday. Tried to kill it for 2 hours. Tried death and in worked in 2 tries. Used Vanille/Hope/Fang, had SAB/MED/SEN as my main paradigm.

How the fuck do you kill
Attacus
? Do you just keep spamming attack after you debuff him?

KZObsessed said:
Yeah I got him with death. Are you using the Belladonna weapon? It increases debuffing and is supposed to make death work more ofen. Dunno if it's true but that's what I used at the time.

Wait til you're trying it on the Adamantoise, I was close to quitting for good when I got ma precious Trapezohedron. :p

I have the upgraded Belladonna weapon. Not really helping much but I'm gonna keep at it. I've done this way too many times to give up now.

Cep

Banned
cosmicblizzard said:

The death method only has like a 3% chance on neochu.

Fimbulvetr said:
"Protagonists" usually have the best default stats in RPGs, or are at least made to be easier to use than the other characters; even Vaan.

Comically so.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
cosmicblizzard said:

Fuck. Neochu.

Oli

I finally beat
Raines, what a pain. I'm guessing he's only the start of problems in Chapter 10?

Skilletor

This battle system is so gimped with a 2-member party. Why do they force this on me for so much of the game? It's fun with 3 people, but 2 people...meh.

Edit: Still in chapter 7. Haven't wanted to play this game all week. :/

Cep

Banned
Oli said:
I finally beat
Raines, what a pain. I'm guessing he's only the start of problems in Chapter 10?

Henceforward known as the worst chapter in the game.

Skilletor said:
This battle system is so gimped with a 2-member party. Why do they force this on me for so much of the game? It's fun with 3 people, but 2 people...meh.

But that Sazh/Vanille chapter (the only chapter that I have been able to play in its entirety) was awesome.

F#A#Oo said:
IIRC with that boss you need to target and attack the smaller heads before the big main head. Libra scope when you enter the fight. If you use L1/LB before entering the boss and use the protect/haste things it will also help slightly to take less damage and help with offensiveness.
Woohoo. I beat him! :)
I got him to groan and 1/2 his Destrudo damage by spamming Com/Rav/Rav to get his Stagger bar above 140-150, thought I'm not sure of an exact number. It seemed when I got him to at least 150 he would groan.

What he said after I beat him was very interesting. I wonder if he is a lying POS... Also, I hope he didn't kill that blond haired bitch, because I wanted to kill her myself.

Also, is there anyway to copy multiple saves? I made a new save at every save point, but now it won't let me save anymore (Save 99). I was going to move all but the chapter points to a USB drive so I could just hold onto the saves.

Oli

Cep said:
Henceforward known as the worst chapter in the game.

It's been the worst so far. With all of this Crystarium stuff opening up, I feel underleveled. Is there a point where I get enough EXP to fill some new roles? Because these enemies aren't giving me enough to start even one new role per character. At least not very much.

Zoe

Oli said:
It's been the worst so far. With all of this Crystarium stuff opening up, I feel underleveled. Is there a point where I get enough EXP to fill some new roles? Because these enemies aren't giving me enough to start even one new role per character. At least not very much.

They're trying to discourage you from using the other roles. It's not worth it, even through the end of the game, unless you do major, major grinding.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Oli said:

Don't bother with the second set of roles. They take 10x the experience, give a fraction of the stats, and only a handful of the abilities.

Skilletor said:

Edit: Still in chapter 7. Haven't wanted to play this game all week. :/

You don't have that much longer to go until that stuff is a thing of the past.

I think the reason they do that is to force players to get better that the game. If you could choose who you were playing as from the start, a lot of people would probably just go as a Commando or Ravager for most of the time and then wind up like a deer in the headlights if they ever needed to use different classes. The game forces you to play as each different class so that you get a feel for how they work and are able to get better at the game.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Oli said:
I finally beat

I stopped playing after him. I'm tired of bosses with hidden forms with new abilities.

Oli

teh_pwn said:
Don't bother with the second set of roles. They take 10x the experience, give a fraction of the stats, and only a handful of the abilities.

Phooey, what a waste of EXP so far then :(

I guess at SOME point I'll return to them.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Big Papa Husker said:
So I am still trying to

The moan is because you took enough of his HP while he was charging the attack. Keep doing that. Make sure you are protected/shelled, and it should be a piece of cake.

Nose Master

I didn't realize new/undone missions flashed on the map until I was at least half done. Did they even mention that? :lol

EDIT: Got Death once on Neochu, then proceeded to get spanked by his god damn minions. That's with Fang on SEN, and summoning. :lol I wanted the egg for chapters 12 and 13, but I still get rocked even with damn near maxed out level 9 crystarium. :(

Zoe

Vect said:
So I'm guessing you can't spam death on mission 51?

It didn't work for me. I just had to kill him.

He isn't that bad though. He just has waaaaay too much HP with very little chance of staggering.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Himuro said:
I hope chapter 11 is as good as people are saying it is, because at this point, this may be my last Final Fantasy game.
IMO it's not really that good. It's just such a "culture shock" having something so open 20-30 hours into what has until then been the definition of a linear game.

I'm surprised you want to abandon FF altogether... were you one of the people who enjoyed XII? The thing about this series is that the next main entry might be completely different, like a followup to XII. But if you disliked both recent directions of the FF series, than sure.. it's time to jump off.

Krispy Killa v3

Neo Member
The game definitely improves a ton in chapter 11, not to say it was bad before hand, but it feels like a completely different game in the more open world. Much more enjoyable if you haven't been enjoying what you've played so far...

Its worth sticking around for.

Chumly

So im on chapter 6 how many more hours until the game gets good? Im trying to decide whether or not its worth it to waste my time.

Skilletor

Cep said:
But that Sazh/Vanille chapter (the only chapter that I have been able to play in its entirety) was awesome.

I disagree. 2 man battles involve no strategy other than switching every so often to be healed. They have this amazing battle system that, when I get ever aspect of it, I enjoy greatly. Unfortunately, for the majority of my playtime, I've been forced to use two characters that I usually don't want to use.

How long until I get to choose my characters? This is getting stupid and at this rate, this will be the first main entry FF game I've given up on.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Skilletor said:
How long until I get to choose my characters? This is getting stupid and at this rate, this will be the first main entry FF game I've given up on.

I got it right around the 19 hour mark, at the end of chapter
_9_

Nose Master

I honestly don't understand the trouble everyone is having with the difficulty of this game. And in the same breath, curse the 8 hour long, snail paced introduction to the battle system. :lol Buffs make literally every boss boring-levels of simple.

Magnus

These nodes costing in excess of 6000 CP apiece even in the main 3 roles for
each character are seriously crippling. I only get like 1000 a fight on average.

Fuck grinding, on with the story I go, I guess.

MechaX

Himuro said:
Hey geniuses at Square-Enix, whose idea was it to continuously switch party members out but NOT allow the option to save paradigms?

You assholes!

Yeah... That was yet another oversight that I'm surprised Square of all people made.

"Alright, time to fight this boss..."
"Wait, you're going to switch in Vanille? Wait a damn minute, I didn't even level her up yet!"
*Looks at Paradigm menu and pretty much all of them have been absolutely screwed up*
*Hits the Retry Button before even fighting the boss*

I love how it never even gives you a prompt to equip/level/paradigm adjust or anything. It just eviscerates your party line up and throws you right into a boss battle.

rusashi

Neo Member
I feel like FFXV will be what FFXIII should have been. Although I liked FFX more than FFXII and FFVII more than FFIX, FFXV will take the short comings of FFXIII and turn it into a more complete game.

People are asking for limit breaks, a world map, more combat interactivity, more characters, whatever. I think XIII was more of the tech demo, and XV will be the real thing. Pretty much for me, XIII was all style, very little substance.

If I had to rank XIII somewhere, it'd probably be one of the lower, even though I enjoyed it. FFX was linear, but it still ranks right behind FFVII so XIII missed out on something, I can't quite put my finger on it, but maybe because it lacks so much.

Good lord so many roman numerals.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Am I the only one who would place XIII above X?

That's not a defense of XIII, btw... that's my hate-on for X shining through :lol

Himuro said:
I am laughing out loud at this cutscene on Pulse where Hope is crying.

Oh my God, this game.. :lol

Who wrote this again? I know it wasn't Nojima. Was it Toriyama?
It was Nojima I think.

I know I'm Vanille defense force but I think that scene is XIII's answer to X's HA HA HA HA laughing scene.

Nose Master

Fuck! There was a chest in chapter 12 that is gone forever! Triggered the cutscene and
turtle jerk fell through the floor with the chest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom