• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

entremet

K' Dash said:
A couple of hours ago I was you, then user 7th told me to
put Vanille as party leader and get him poisoned, just keep him debuffed and keep you party heath at it's maximum.

Cheap FUCKer needs cheap strategy...
Wasn't the poster talking about
Orphen?

Amir0x said:
what is so hard about mission 55?

How! Details! And is there anything that lets you farm gil more?

thx

The monster that yields the growth egg is an A class hunt. They're extremely powerful hunts, and the monster in particularly nasty. They're are ''tricks'' to beating him underleveled, but be prepared to do some gil farming for it to work.

K' Dash said:
You don't want to know about mission 55, if you're barely liking the game, you will for sure break the disc trying to get the egg.

All i have to do is complete it right? No star requirement?

Also, where are missions 35-40 something?

Yazus

I'm really pissed off at this game difficulty spikes.

I mean, I'm in chapter 10 at the
5th Ark and randoom battles are easy as shit, then suddenly bam, Bahamut whipes my ass more than 10 times until I beat him, and that was close
. Then again, end of chapter 10, randoom battles are easy as fuck then bam,
Alexander hits me for 700 damage and my Hope have nearly 1000 HP. I dont even have the time to switch Paradigm to heal him that another hit kills me.

Having as a leader the weakest character is really shit, I hope that instead of a fucking International version they relase a DLC for everyone who has spent 60 buks for this game that fix this shit.

K' Dash

entrement said:
Wasn't the poster talking about
Orphen?

The monster that yields the growth egg is an A class hunt. They're extremely powerful hunts, and the monster in particularly nasty. They're are ''tricks'' to beating him underleveled, but be prepared to do some gil farming for it to work.

Yep I edited my post... I'lll bring it to this page...

Yazus said:
I'm really pissed off at this game difficulty spikes.

I mean, I'm in chapter 10 at the
5th Ark and randoom battles are easy as shit, then suddenly bam, Bahamut whipes my ass more than 10 times until I beat him, and that was close
. Then again, end of chapter 10, randoom battles are easy as fuck then bam,
Alexander hits me for 700 damage and my Hope have nearly 1000 HP. I dont even have the time to switch Paradigm to heal him that another hit kills me.

Having as a leader the weakest character is really shit, I hope that instead of a fucking International version they relase a DLC for everyone who has spent 60 buks for this game that fix this shit.

Those battles are just trial and error. The most important part of it is figuring out the attack pattern. Then you can adjust your defensive tactics properly. Once you have the defense down. Using Libra will help in determining status and elemental weaknesses. Then you can develop a good offensive tactic.

K' Dash

darkpaladinmfc said:
How the hell can I kill (Chapter 11 Spoiler)
Barthandelus II? He doesn't do all that much damage to me and I got his health really low, but his health just takes so long to go down. I spent 30 mins attacking him (Mostly just with RAV/RAV/MED with Lightning, Snow, Hope), then he cast Doom and I couldn't kill him... Is there any way to kill him without takes absolutely ages or grinding?

Edit:

sorry, I read it wrong, you said
Barthandelus II
, I just tried to stagger him as fast as I could with Tri Disaster, when that's done, debuff him and then use Relentless Assault, youll get him with 2 staggers...

Canti

Vect said:
Here's my strategy(assuming you're decently leveled):

Only need Bahamut. Takes me under 3min to defeat it.

Have SAB/SYN/RAV ready for Fang/Hope/Ligh (respectively). Go in let Hope buff you with haste then summon bahamut which will lead to the thing becoming disabled. Debuff it as much as you can until the time almost runs out and press square(just before the countdown ends) to go into Gestalt mode(usually before that I've already staggered him). After finishing off with a Megaflare(before that use all of your attacks) begin to debuff with Fang, attack with lightning and buffing with Hope until you finally receive bravery on Fang(most of the time the stagger bars' almost filled up when she finally gets it). Quickly switch to RAV/RAV/RAV and stagger him, after that switch to COM/RAV/COM and spam him with attack and he should be dead after that..

Edit. I clicked post reply before I could type the strategy down.

Target time is 20min, defeated him under 3min so I easilyl got 5 stars.

Can't find those TP shrouds, I just go around and fight those wolf and goblins until I gain enough back to be able to summon.

Sometimes I end up getting nothing... maybe a Platinum Ingot(sold for 150,000 gil) but I rarely rarely get a Trap. Not worth it really. :lol

Thanks very much for this! Just tried to take down an Adamantoise, and it worked flawlessly and dropped a Trap first time :D

Now I just need a billion gil for weapons upgrades >:

sazabirules said:
Is there any decent guide for upgrading weapons?

I found this website to be helpful. I haven't upgraded yet. :lol

I'll probably do my accessories first.

http://ff-13.info/

Some of the descriptions are worded differently from the guide. I think this is a translated version of the Japanese text.

Pein

Banned
beat the game and loved it. Now time to do the other missions. Only thing I would have changed is give it a longer ending.

Majmun

I'm in chapter 11 and beat
Vanille's Eidolon

Am I almost at the finish?

Gran Pulse made me like the game eventually. I was playing the game without any interest until that part. Chapters 1-10 were really boring, imo. The level in chapter 11 should've been available much sooner...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
sazabirules said:
Is there any decent guide for upgrading weapons?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=928790&topic=53894478&action=tracktopic

Amir0x said:
what is so hard about mission 55?

How! Details! And is there anything that lets you farm gil more?

thx

Mission 24 yields a guaranteed 6k per battle... there are a few others, but that's the easiest/most mindless way to get gil.

As for 55 - the earliest you can do it is after you complete chapter 11, but it requires you to max out your Crystarium for Vanille, Snow and Hope (for the Death skill and HP). You start mission 55 then spam the Death spell on the Neochu while Snow steelguards and Hope constantly heals. Be prepared to do it for a while if you are unlucky (or for a few minutes if you're really lucky. :lol ).

The reward is worth it of course, since it literally cuts your grinding time in half.

I am in chapter 6 and I the game is starting to hit home for me.

I am finding hope much more likeable and human, lightning also.

And Vanille is growing on me. Sazh is getting even more awesomenest

I don't play many jRPG's, so I don't have much experience with the kind of exposition the game is doing, but I am finding it very enjoyable. The story nuggets leave me wanting to know more, but I also don't get too removed from the battle experience, the timing just does it for me.

Second said:
I'm in chapter 11 and beat
Vanille's Eidolon

Am I almost at the finish?

Gran Pulse made me like the game eventually. I was playing the game without any interest until that part. Chapters 1-10 were really boring, imo. The level in chapter 11 should've been available much sooner...
No you're not done with this chapter. And you will probably throw away your controller with the next 2 bosses.

K' Dash

OK, now that I'm finished, can somene explain to me the appeal of ultimate weapons, cause I tought they gave you the limit breaks, I was wrong, so... why should I get them?

Majmun

Fantasy Final said:
No you're not done with this chapter. And you will probably throw away your controller with the next 2 bosses.

Oh, I'm ready!I've beaten the notorious chapter 9 boss and the chapter 10 bosses in one try. :p

I still haven't upgraded any items. Don't know where to start. Going to do that now..

desverger

Bahamut in 2min30s:

Go combat clinic in the start (MED/MED/SEN). Just hang in there until the gestalt bar is well over halfway and you're at full health between his attacks. Switch to Scouting Party (COM/MED/SAB) and let Light tank him. Then just spam Slow, when it sticks, spam Curse - you're there. BAM!

No shrouds or anything used.

Pooya

Second said:
Oh, I'm ready!I've beaten the notorious chapter 9 boss and the chapter 10 bosses in one try. :p
good luck with bosses in ch11 and 12, those in 9 & 10 are just puppets compared to those.
and then you have the awesome final boss:lol .

entremet

Fantasy Final said:
By reading this thread, I know that I'll have to grind my team to beat the game. This is sad.
Not really. Take care as many hunts as you can and you'll be fine. Do as much optional stuff as you can and dont' avoid too many fights. Since the game has no random encounters it's easy to be underleveled by the later chapters.

Another tip, only focus on the the three main jobs. The strength, magic, and hp upgrades get better if you focus on not spreading your CP to thin.

Please tell me this music in Chapter 6 doesn't play throughout the entire chapter. I've only been playing it for a few minutes and I already want to stab something.

Pooya

Fantasy Final said:
By reading this thread, I know that I'll have to grind my team to beat the game. This is sad.
no grinding is needed,Bosses are just so cheap in the later chapters.for example
3+ million HP+self-healing , immune to all debuffs, casting death on the leader
probably most people won't even finish the game, some of regular enemies in ch13 are just brutal if you don't know what to do. try and error is needed not grinding.

Peff

Hah, wait for chapters 7/8/9/12 where the music that loops in 30 seconds keeps going through the battles. Seriously what were they thinking!?

miladesn said:
no grinding is needed,Bosses are just so cheap in the later chapters.for example
probably most people won't even finish the game, some of regular enemies in ch13 are just brutal if you don't know what to do. try and error is needed not grinding.

well, let's be honest, grinding does help.

Peff said:
Hah, wait for chapters 7/8/9/12 where the music that loops in 30 seconds keeps going through the battles. Seriously what were they thinking!?

Yes, but a lot of this music is excellent!! Stop bashing poor Hamauzu. :(

miladesn said:
At least the official guide helps me a lot with bosses with tips. I did no side-quests at all (don't hate me). I guess after Chapter 12 I'll go back to
Gran Pulse

Peff

FateBreaker said:
Yes, but a lot of this music is excellent!! Stop bashing poor Hamauzu. :(

It definitely is amazing, but quality doesn't matter, it's hearing a 30-second clip for over half an hour non-stop :lol It could be Mozart, Chopin or Tchakovsky, I'd still complain :lol

EDIT: And the goddamn alarm too!

strem

Ok so let me first say that I've never played a Final Fantasy game in my life. Picked up 13 just to see what its all about. I'm about 7 hours in right now and I must say that I'm enjoying it pretty much. It passes the test for me that when I turn a game off, I want to keep playing and so far its doing that for me.

The game looks great and plays very well. The only thing so far that makes me cringe is Vanille's voice. I pray my wife doesn't walk in when she is on the screen. I've seen where people say she is supposed to be 19 but I don't know about that. The little moans and her little girl voice creep me out a bit. I guess thats a Japanese thing.

I hope you all will welcome me into the Final Fantasy club because as this game goes on I'm gonna need ALOT of help

Dresden

Ugh, I don't want to try selling the game on ebay, it's too much of a hassle and I need the money before Strange Journey comes out. Anyone know how much Gamestop gives in trade-in credit for XIII?

Pooya

FateBreaker said:
well, let's be honest, grinding does help.
of course, but you'll die anyway if you don't have good paradigms. I spend a lot more time trying different paradigm for specific enemies than grinding. I just CP farmed a bit in ch11 and maxed out the 3 primary roles to lv.4 before ch11 boss. I only completed 10-12 missions in gran pulse.

spidye

ok, I am now in chapter 8 and all I have to say is wow.
awesome music and very nice location.
oh and the
parade
cutscene...goddamn.
I really love this game and I am just 14 hours in.

Can someone tell me when the end of Chapter 11 comes?
Right now, I'm fighting the
Fal'cie on top of that tower
and want to know if I'm at a point of no return.

Mandoric

Banned
marathonfool said:
I found this website to be helpful. I haven't upgraded yet. :lol

I'll probably do my accessories first.

http://ff-13.info/

Some of the descriptions are worded differently from the guide. I think this is a translated version of the Japanese text.

> Ogrenix

Yes, that's definitely a hand-translated Japanese FAQ. Perhaps what we need is a J->E changes FAQ to help translate.
... Sadly, I'm not buying the English version, even though I kinda want to buy a 360 copy and see where I can see the issues. :lol

I don't understand the hate. The story is interesting, the characters are good ( with a few exceptions ), the production values are amazing, the soundtrack is pleasing, and the battle-system is probably the most entertaining one in the whole series. I don't mind the linearity myself, and I'm strangely addicted to the game - more so than I usually am when it comes to Final Fantasies.

Ah well. The GAF-crowd seems to be the toughest bunch of them all. My friends, all fans of the FF-serie, have enjoyed FFXIII thoroughly.

strem said:
Ok so let me first say that I've never played a Final Fantasy game in my life. Picked up 13 just to see what its all about. I'm about 7 hours in right now and I must say that I'm enjoying it pretty much. It passes the test for me that when I turn a game off, I want to keep playing and so far its doing that for me.

The game looks great and plays very well. The only thing so far that makes me cringe is Vanille's voice. I pray my wife doesn't walk in when she is on the screen. I've seen where people say she is supposed to be 19 but I don't know about that. The little moans and her little girl voice creep me out a bit. I guess thats a Japanese thing.

I hope you all will welcome me into the Final Fantasy club because as this game goes on I'm gonna need ALOT of help

Welcome!

FFXIII does a lot of changes that some are not happy with, yet it appears that newcomers really like it a bit more than the fanbase. That's my impression, anyway. With that said, if you are enjoying it 7 hours in, odds are you will enjoy it period. Keep us posted if you need help.

entremet

Dresden said:
Ugh, I don't want to try selling the game on ebay, it's too much of a hassle and I need the money before Strange Journey comes out. Anyone know how much Gamestop gives in trade-in credit for XIII?
It will be a big rip off. Why don't you try craigslist?

dragonballjoseph said:

Ch 11's end is the next area after the dungeon you're in. Also, there isn't really a point of no return. In Ch 13, you can return to the area of ch 11 and ch 12.

dragonballjoseph said:
There's one other boss and another area between.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom