• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rektash

5am, 10 hours in the game, can t stop :-/. Just upgraded my equip for the first time. Put everthing into Lightnings equipment because I like her :lol. I know I will pay dearly for it later on but thats just part of the experience.

Shadow780

Game (PS3): shipped from amazon today

CE Guide x 2: shipped from amazon today

PAL CE: shipped last Friday

faceplate: shipped today

Oli

Rektash said:
5am, 10 hours in the game, can t stop :-/.

I wish I had the endurance to blitz play like this. I probably won't finish this game for 6 months to be honest. Unless I find it particularly captivating.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Shadow780 said:

Game (PS3): shipped from amazon today

CE Guide x 2: shipped from amazon today

PAL CE: shipped last Friday

faceplate: shipped today
Yoichi Wada thanks you for his quarterly bonus

Dragon

Banned
Shadow780 said:

Game (PS3): shipped from amazon today - ok

CE Guide x 2: shipped from amazon today - facepalm

PAL CE: shipped last Friday - double facepalm

faceplate: shipped today - face...plate?

jiggle

Shipping estimate:March 15, 2010
wtf amazon
why even ask ppl to preorder if you can't ship the game until a week after release
do they do this to everyone that don't pay extras for shipping?

Oli

jiggle said:
wtf amazon
why even ask ppl to preorder if you can't ship the game until a week after release

Precisely why I paid the extra $5 for release date delivery. Well worth it imo.

Oli

hateradio said:
Amazon really needs the next step in shipping: Pre-Release-day Delivery, so we can get it early...

Absolutely not. They get enough of my money already. D:

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Oli said:
Absolutely not. They get enough of my money already. D:
It best be free for Prime users :D

Dedication Through Light said:
Well move to a city in which they do same day delivery :p
This would be for them to get you the game a day before its release. I already have Same Day Delivery but I said "Pre" which would mean before...

I promised myself I'd wait until morning (11:24PM, Toronto), but I can't wait. I'm off to go look for somewhere doing a midnight launch :(

jiggle

Oli said:
Precisely why I paid the extra $5 for release date delivery. Well worth it imo.

i figured saving 16 bucks was worth 4-5 days of wait, not the estimated 14 days(wtf?)
if i have to pay shipping, might as well just pay the sales tax and get it from store day 1

oh well lesson learned!

Volcynika

jiggle said:
i figured saving 16 bucks was worth 4-5 days of wait, not the estimated 14 days(wtf?)
if i have to pay shipping, might as well just pay the sales tax and get it from store day 1

oh well lesson learned!

I'll give you some tiny optimism. Those estimates are usually later than it actually ships. At least they were a few days after it actually shipped when I wasn't an Amazon Prime member.

RPGCrazied

Vect said:
Just got my CE copy and received this as a pre-order bonus(was surprised, didn't even know this):

DSC00005.jpg

where did you order from? man, id like that. I bet your in EU.. cause SE pretty much screwed over NA with this final fantasy

Oli

jiggle said:

oh well lesson learned!

Yeah, that's how it goes sometimes. I'm surprised I only got charged 5 something. I must live close to one of the shipping points.

Duki

Banned
ok this is fucking stupid.

how do i know which components to sell for money and which ones to keep for weapon upgrades? i have no money, and i have no weapon upgrade option, but i have a shitload of parts.

qq

Shadow780

jiggle said:

oh well lesson learned!
Don't worry they might ship sooner than that, I've had numerous time before my Prime days..

Vamphuntr

RPGCrazied said:
where did you order from? man, id like that. I bet your in EU.. cause SE pretty much screwed over NA with this final fantasy

Well I'm in Canada and my shipped order is showing a bonus poster and the mini guide.

jiggle said:
wtf amazon

Amazon usually ships sooner than their estimate. I ordered Uncharted 2 with free shipping and it said the game estimated to ship 1 week after the release date.

Lo and behold, Uncharted 2 shipped on release day(Tues) and I received it on Friday. Taking into account the game shipped from the east coast to the west coast.

I think you'll be playing FF13 this weekend.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
VA doesn't seem too bad yet.

I want to passionately kiss the UI designer at Square.

I only got to play for an hour, not even past the demo area.

Tucah

you speak so well
Waiting in line at the Gamestop launch and getting pretty pumped for the game. Also got the CE guide for some reason, despite the fact I probably won't use it much. Hopefully there's at least some nice art to look at :lol

fernoca

Yeah, Amazon is pretty weird with shipping estimates.

Around last month I ordered the Tekken 6 Limited Edition (that includes the stick) said that the estimate was 7-15 days; but no problem since I wasn't in a hurry ..and it was "free shipping" (i.e. cheap shipping)...to Puerto Rico.

The next day I receive an email saying that my order was shipped, and the day after that..an UPS truck was infront of my house with the package.

Two days, through UPS, free, to PR.. :O!

Tucah said:
Waiting in line at the Gamestop launch and getting pretty pumped for the game. Also got the CE guide for some reason, despite the fact I probably won't use it much. Hopefully there's at least some nice art to look at :lol
ebay it for $599

Think I'll head to GS now. Next time I'll post, I will have started the game. It feels like a great change is about to happen in my life. It's like having a second Bar Mitzvah or something. Next time I post, I WILL BE A MAN!

Duki

Banned
also lightning is a bitch, hope is a whiny pussy, vanille is a piece of shit and snow is almost tolerable but just left the party do dig through some fucking crystals.

sazh is great so far, just because he's a normal, competent, non-insane and functioning human being. breath of fresh air so far.

feels weird playing a game before americans, totally not used to it.

diss

Banned
I loved XII, hated X. And I like XIII quite a bit actually.

I admit I did not have the highest expectations for this one given the reviews. But the characters aren't as insipid as I thought they'd be, and the linearity and snails pace opening up of the game mechanics aren't that bothersome to me.

Banned
Kinda offtopic but I just got a text from a friend asking if he should play this game in 720p or 1080i on the PS3? His HDtv is kinda old and doesn't push 1080p. I'm not really knowledgable on HD tech, so if anyone could tell me what to reccomend to him, I would be grateful.

Rektash

Ok now enough. I am 11h into the game and the gameplay is just awesome. I love the paradigm shift and how you get punished if you don t use it. The rest is as expected, streamlined jrpg with awesome production values.

Gameplay wise I really think this game should be the prototype for EVERY JRPG this generation (minus the linearity). The battle mechanics are mad fast, most fights take between 20-40 seconds.
There is a good amount of mechanics working under the battlesystem but it is never overwhelming and in fact quite easy to understand. It seems to hit a perfect balance between complexity and accessibilty in this regard.

Verdict after 11h:
gameplay/battle mechanics = blows me away
rest = typical squenix jrpg stuff

YYZ

When the game "opens up", is it like FFX where you have a bunch of fun things you can do in the field? Seems pretty big to me so I dunno, maybe the people complaining have a ton of time to waste.

Cep

Banned
neojubei said:
IGN review is up 8.9

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/107/1075772p2.html

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/107/1075775p2.html

Only difference between the two versions in the review is the graphics score, xbox 360 is 8.5 and ps3 is 9.0

Good score, despite the review consensus pointing to a .4/5 lower score, seems reasonable.

YYZ said:
When the game "opens up", is it like FFX where you have a bunch of fun things you can do in the field? Seems pretty big to me so I dunno, maybe the people complaining have a ton of time to waste.

You can go on hunts.

Dresden

Wow, this is killing me. I was totally un-hyped for the game but now I'm hyped as fuck. But I can't play it till the end of the week when most of my exams are done.

Blahbity blah. I can't play FF 13 till 9 PM at the earliest tomorrow. Work then school.

In the meantime, I'll be busy implementing a voodoo curse on all of you who get to play the game before me D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom