• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

KTallguy

Banned
Hahah hype hype hype :)

I remember when I first played the game and got past the demo section, my mouth stayed agape for most of the time I played.

If you judge the title on its own merits, you'll have a lot of fun, I think :)

bluemax

Banned
I am sad that I wasn't able to finish the import before it came out in English.

I won't be rebuying in English for awhile either. Too much other stuff to play.

darkwings

Banned
Me and my bro are at the start of Disc2.
god I hate whiny hope so much and he sucks in combat :/

the battle system is amazing, but sadly the world itself isn't very interesting. I guess that has been said to death already.

Teknoman

Vamphuntr said:
whaaaat really?

Amneisac said:
Say whaaaa?

http://entry.ffxiv.com/na/index.html

Checkout the "fine print" section:

* The game to be tested is under development, and may differ significantly from the commercial release.

* If an applicant applies multiple times, only the final application will be valid.

* Inquiries regarding the selection process and/or its results will not be answered.

* For more details, see the FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Test Application FAQ here.

* If you have received a FINAL FANTASY XIV promotional code for registering FINAL FANTASY XIII on the Square Enix Members site, please use it to apply for the beta test.

* If you have already applied for the FINAL FANTASY XIV beta test but would like to apply for the PlayStation 3 beta with a FINAL FANTASY XIV promotional code, please be aware that all previous applications will be invalidated.

* The promotional code will also be required to obtain the FINAL FANTASY XIV secret in-game item, so please hold on to your code until the game’s official release.

Synless said:
Really!?!?!? Kick ass!!!!

Yup.

The hype train hit me hard on this one, I've never put more than a couple hours into 7 and 12 as the only FF games I've ever played. I really really hope I won't be disappointed!

hitsugi said:
thank you for this D: i ran home early from work and ugh you got my hopes up for nothing! D: i'm from so cal as well and nothiiiiinggg /cry

did yours come UPS or regular mail? if it's ups... maybe still some hope.

Says USPS, so its regular mail :x

Sucks for you man :(

Vamphuntr

Teknoman said:
http://entry.ffxiv.com/na/index.html

Checkout the "fine print" section:

* If you have received a FINAL FANTASY XIV promotional code for registering FINAL FANTASY XIII on the Square Enix Members site, please use it to apply for the beta test.

Yup.

Was this always there. Maybe they only translated the JP page? Do I get to choose for which platform (PS3/PC) I want to play the beta?

RESERVATION GET! The guy looked at me weird but I don't care. I've been waiting too damn long to let that bother me.

Shadow780 said:
Nomura fans?!!!

HELLOOOOOOOOO?!!!!

Yeah I was gonna include them but I got a little lazy at the end. Guess I'll do them now.

H) Fans of Nomura's games that love the game
I) Fans of Nomura's games that don't like the game
J) Haters of Nomura's games that like the game
K) Haters of Nomura's games that don't like the game
L) Haters of Nomura's games but lovers of his character designs that don't like the game
M) Haters of Nomura in general but people that like belts and zippers that like the first 3 chapters of the game but hate Lightning because her shorts aren't too short.

Teknoman

Vamphuntr said:
Was this always there. Maybe they only translated the JP page? Do I get to choose for which platform (PS3/PC) I want to play the beta?

Nope just appeared recently, and you can only play on one or the other. Campaign code is required to enter for a chance at PS3 closed beta. PC is pretty much a free app, no code required, but it helps if you have a play online ID to link.

cosmicblizzard said:
RESERVATION GET! The guy looked at me weird but I don't care. I've been waiting too damn long to let that bother me.

Yeah I was gonna include them but I got a little lazy at the end. Guess I'll do them now.

L) Haters of Nomura's games but lovers of his character designs that don't like the game
M) Haters of Nomura in general but people that like belts and zippers that like the first 3 chapters of the game but hate Lightning because her shorts aren't too short.

:lol

Vamphuntr

Teknoman said:
Nope just appeared recently, and you can only play on one or the other. Campaign code is required to enter for a chance at PS3 closed beta. PC is pretty much a free app, no code required, but it helps if you have a play online ID to link.

Oh thanks for the info :D . I would rather get it for PS3 (which I should get with FF13 according to this logic). So basically it's the same code that come with SE games that gives you point to enter their contests/get prizes.

hitsugi

fu3lfr3nzy said:
Says USPS, so its regular mail :x

Sucks for you man :(

mine just shipped - UPS. guaranteed fucked now since I work tomorrow D: why mine went UPS and yours went USPS I'll never know..

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
100308_024.jpg

i submit to the public interest this photo

Teknoman

Vamphuntr said:
Oh thanks for the info :D . I would rather get it for PS3 (which I should get with FF13 according to this logic). So basically it's the same code that come with SE games that gives you point to enter their contests/get prizes.

Yup, just make sure you're using your S-E ID...then again they pretty much make you link your members account with ID so its all one account.

So, register the members code -> wait to receive the campaign code email -> enter code for chance to get into PS3 closed beta (and if you dont get in the first wave, your app will be considered for each following wave of invites).

Got my copy today, pretty sweet so far. Chapter 1 was a series of straight lines but so was the opening of FFX which I seemed to enjoy. I'm liking the battle system so far but it seems kind of barren without any abilities atm.

Also, what's with Vanille's voice? Her accent changes every time she says something. It's like she has some sort of voice distorter thing going on. Snow isn't as terrible as I'd feared.

Himuro said:
There are two types? i've seen one which is embarrassing. Is the other one not as embarrassing?

Depends on which one you've seen.

The 360 one is the more embarrassing of the two because they don't show any action.

Shadow780

cosmicblizzard said:

N) Fans of Nomura in general who's playing this game because the OP dub it Metal Gear Fantasy.

toasty_T said:
Also, what's with Vanille's voice? Her accent changes every time she says something. It's like she has some sort of voice distorter thing going on. Snow isn't as terrible as I'd feared.

Did it get a bit country?

For those who didn't catch my previous post, would this be the best FF to get into? Like I said earlier I only put a couple hours into 7 and 12. FF7, I got stuck at the first boss with the reactors and couldn't go any further while 12 I just got bored with.

I want to like the series and see what it's all about but I need some guidance too!

Shadow780

Square Triangle said:
For those who didn't catch my previous post, would this be the best FF to get into? Like I said earlier I only put a couple hours into 7 and 12. FF7, I got stuck at the first boss with the reactors and couldn't go any further while 12 I just got bored with.

I want to like the series and see what it's all about but I need some guidance too!

.....How did get you stuck at the first boss?

Jeels

Square Triangle said:

XIII is very different from the both of them, so go ahead and give it a try.

Himuro said:
Is there a link to the ps3 one?

There is no ps3 one, there's a multiplat one and a 360 "jump in" one.

Fake Edit: No wait, both of them were 360 commercials. :lol

Well one of the two 360 commercials focuses solely on the melodrama and shows no action what so ever.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Well this ff13 launch party better not be lame. So far they had us standing in the rain and now we are forced to stand next to the cellar of sorts as they are 30 min behind schedule it seems.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Just want to drop in and say "**** you" to Square for region-locking the 360 version, denying Asian 360 owners such as myself from playing FFXIII. Screw Microsoft as well because one of the reasons I bought 360 is the promise of FFXIII... and yet this whole shit reared its ugly head.

God I am so pissed up right now. And don't tell me to buy PS3 instead, I can't afford the money.

Vamphuntr

Caspel said:
Well this ff13 launch party better not be lame. So far they had us standing in the rain and now we are forced to stand next to the cellar of sorts as they are 30 min behind schedule it seems.

Wel maybe you will meet Leona Lewis? Or get some trailer of the game in 3D or something.

Shadow780

DualShadow said:
I think the 1st boss can kill u easy if you keep attacking at the wrong time :lol

When its tails raised, i f i remember correctly

but the game tells you not to attack it!:lol

Square Triangle said:
Idk, it was like 10 years ago. I had no patience. I bought it off the PSN not too long ago, I should give it another go.:lol

*holds off ADD joke* :p

It didn't age well but still great to play on portables on the road, or bathroom.

Laughing Banana said:
Just want to drop in and say "**** you" to Square for region-locking the 360 version, denying Asian 360 owners such as myself from playing FFXIII. Screw Microsoft as well because one of the reasons I bought 360 is the promise of FFXIII... and yet this whole shit reared its ugly head.

God I am so pissed up right now. And don't tell me to buy PS3 instead, I can't afford the money.

the Laughing Banana ain't laughing now... :(

ZeoVGM

Banned
I open tomorrow at Best Buy and I'm out at 3 so I'm all over the game when I get home until Lost comes on. Then it's back to FFXIII. What an awesome day.

Very briefly played up to the first save point. Really love the visual design of the world, the enemies and the characters, which was really my main concern. Can't wait to jump in further.

Vamphuntr

Laughing Banana said:

So basically there is an Asian PS3 version in english but no 360 asian release in english? Seems like there is some exclusivity deal in the east.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
DevelopmentArrested said:
Is it just me or ---
I want similar slick as fuck character portraits in EVERY game's menu now..

Everyone involved in making the UI for this game should basically do the menus for every other game ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom