• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the call - I was picking up the complete He-Man DVD collection (newer version) when I got a voicemail saying I can pick up FF13 tomorrow morning. Its going to be a good weekend :D

I'm going straight there on my lunch break and I'm taking an early lunch!

Sheesh... page 27 already. Feeling late to the party already :(

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
omg rite said:
I open tomorrow at Best Buy and I'm out at 3 so I'm all over the game when I get home until Lost comes on. Then it's back to FFXIII. What an awesome day.
Isn't it great? FFXIII then Lost then back to FFXIII. Then Yakuza most likely on Wednesday. GoW3 & Infinite Space next week.

Oli

My order from Amazon hasn't shipped yet, it says shipping soon... I paid for release date delivery so I hope it comes tomorrow. :I

Laughing Banana said:
Just want to drop in and say "**** you" to Square for region-locking the 360 version, denying Asian 360 owners such as myself from playing FFXIII. Screw Microsoft as well because one of the reasons I bought 360 is the promise of FFXIII... and yet this whole shit reared its ugly head.

God I am so pissed up right now. And don't tell me to buy PS3 instead, I can't afford the money.
Don't believe Microsoft's lies!

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Himuro said:
That sounds absolutely retarded.

Did you buy it before knowing this? :(

Yeah, well, the confirmation about the region-lock came just recently. Previously they have never denied the possibility of an Asian-playable version of FFXIII 360... Basically the carefully guarded the hopes of Asian 360 owners such as myself only to smash them to bits near the end.

So yeah, fuck you Square. And while I am at it, fuck you too Microsoft.

Edit: sorry if this rant is misplaced in this thread. For all of you that can play this game, congratulations...

Dragon

Banned
Laughing Banana said:
Just want to drop in and say "**** you" to Square for region-locking the 360 version, denying Asian 360 owners such as myself from playing FFXIII. Screw Microsoft as well because one of the reasons I bought 360 is the promise of FFXIII... and yet this whole shit reared its ugly head.

God I am so pissed up right now. And don't tell me to buy PS3 instead, I can't afford the money.

Curious why did you think Microsoft/SE wouldn't region lock it?

HamPster PamPster said:
I got the call - I was picking up the complete He-Man DVD collection (newer version) when I got a voicemail saying I can pick up FF13 tomorrow morning. Its going to be a good weekend :D

I'm going straight there on my lunch break and I'm taking an early lunch!

Sheesh... page 27 already. Feeling late to the party already :(
Don't worry, the party is just starting.

Styles

Just got my CE copy and received this as a pre-order bonus(was surprised, didn't even know this):

DSC00005.jpg

cabottemp

Banned
omg rite said:
I open tomorrow at Best Buy and I'm out at 3 so I'm all over the game when I get home until Lost comes on. Then it's back to FFXIII. What an awesome day.

tried to get my manager to do a midnight sale but he wasn't having it :(

gamestop it is.

Oli

Vect said:
Just got my CE copy and received this as a pre-order bonus(was surprised, didn't even know this):

:(

US really got ripped on the bonuses. I got a PDF preview of the guide for my pre-order, lol.

Undubbed said:
Has anyone played this on an SDTV? Does it have have small hard to read fonts like a lot of games do? :(

I'll be playing on an SD TV and I fully expect tiny font unfortunately. It's a good thing I don't have vision problems, because I can barely see text in most games as it is.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I haven't listened to the entire OST but yeah, the music is really, really good. I've been so in love with Blinded by Light it's not even funny, I'm so glad it's a battle track.

Mandoric

Banned
Vamphuntr said:
So basically there is an Asian PS3 version in english but no 360 asian release in english? Seems like there is some exclusivity deal in the east.

Is there an exclusivity deal in the east or is there a port deal in the west? :lol

DualShadow said:
I think the 1st boss can kill u easy if you keep attacking at the wrong time :lol

When its tails raised, i f i remember correctly
That's a FF tradition. The first boss usually has some sort of shell or defense mechanism to prevent you from attacking it, or it'll do major damage as a counter attack.

It's usually one of the only fights in the game that requires any real strategy as well.

Laughing Banana said:

That was expected though.

mujun

Laughing Banana said:

MS only paid for rights to the game in the U.S and Europe right?

Rektash

Ok I am out for today. I am clocking 9h not bad for a first run. Gotto get some sleep now. Nice game, paradigma shift etc. is hot shit.

Delio

Undubbed said:
Has anyone played this on an SDTV? Does it have have small hard to read fonts like a lot of games do? :(

That was a concern for me. I figure i just have to bare with it and get closer to the tv :/

Dark Octave said:
That's a FF tradition. The first boss usually has some sort of shell or defense mechanism to prevent you from attacking it, or it'll do major damage as a counter attack.

It's usually one of the only fights in the game that requires any real strategy as well.

Yeah it's a shame it's normally only the 1st boss, they should do similar things to more bosses. But the funny thing is the game usually tells or hints at it, so it's really your own fault if you ignore the warnings. :lol

duckroll

Vamphuntr said:
So basically there is an Asian PS3 version in english but no 360 asian release in english? Seems like there is some exclusivity deal in the east.

No. The PS3 is region free. There is a Japanese version of FFXIII released in Japan and Asia. There will be localized versions of FFXIII on the PS3 in Korea and Hong Kong/Taiwan in the native languages (text only, JP voice). Anyone can import the US or Euro versions if they want to play in English.

Teknoman

Dark Octave said:

Pretty much:

35i6ogk.gif

vwrc52.gif

a9oeg8.jpg

MCD

Laughing Banana said:

so it only doesn't work on asian consoles?

their ntsc version worked on their pal console here: http://vgplus.blogspot.com/search?q=Region+Free+Test+

Oli

Delio said:
That was a concern for me. I figure i just have to bare with it and get closer to the tv :/

lol, unfortunately that seems to make it worse. But I'm used to it now. The only time it's really troublesome is in games that use font that blends in with the BG on time of the tininess.

hitsugi

Dark Octave said:

not really.. if you did things correctly it was possible to pummel the Whelk and not die.

although you did have to spend a bit of time leveling up.

JKTrix

Yoichi Wada is saying stuff about getting a L'Cie tattoo on Twitter. And he seems pretty concerned about it.

Is he gonna pull a Peter Moore at the launch event?

Magnus

I have to concede to all the people who said I'd start to enjoy the battle system as the game went on. I'm only in Chapter 5, and I'm already starting to appreciate it.

I still prefer gambits and miss the extra degree of control. The fast-paced and pretty/flashy quality of XIII's system is compensating, though. :D

Only about an hour left. Every minute is starting to feel like a day. Will I really be playing the game I waited 4 years (9 if you count my displeasure with FF12) to play in a little over an hour?

_Xenon_

Banned
Vamphuntr said:
There's even a Chinese language version of PS3 FFXIII comming out in May. MS totally dropped the ball in Asia this time.

Well, your loss MS, I'm gonna pick up a PS3 slim right after work.

And I bought a 360 120G HDD before Xmas just for FFXIII. Total waste.

cosmicblizzard said:
Only about an hour left. Every minute is starting to feel like a day. Will I really be playing the game I waited 4 years (9 if you count my displeasure with FF12) to play in a little over an hour?
really curious to see your post in 4 hours.

stupei

Enjoying it so much so far. Tired, but don't want to go to bed. It is not looking good for work tomorrow, guys. :lol

Oli

For those who don't mind music spoilers, here's your waiting theme for the final hours before release: puchah

My favorite tune I've heard so far from the game. So catchy.

Replicant

vodka-bull said:
A quick question to those of you who bought the collectors edition: is it worth the extra money?

IMO, not really but I bought it anyway. I like the hardcover artbook that came with it.

I played around with the game a little bit but I don't think I knew what I was doing. I was basically just pressing the same thing over and over again and then the fight was over. I got one trophy after the first boss fight (was that even a boss? I was referring to that big thing you encounter the first time in game).

Oli

Yes! My game shipped! :D

Tomorrow shall be glorious indeed!

Now watch my mail not come until 5pm or something ;__;

LowParry

-DarKaoZ- said:

Goddamn. I thought it was tomorrow night. Oiy vey. These late night Bad Company 2 sessions and wacked out my time. Guess I'll be picking it up tomorrow morning then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom