• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Lightning said:
Vanille is awesome and in battle she rocks.

For me though it's Lightning>>>>>>Vanille>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Everyone else, except Snow>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Snow.

Snow sucks...

Yeah, Snow does suck.

remz

Vanille said:
Visually I think she's great, but there's something about the actress' delivery that just seems off. Could be because I'm Australian, but I udnno, it just irks me.

and I just don't get the rod thing at all hahahah. She's not bad, just bizarre.

I am guessing that you are right about Snow, though. What with the inexplicable lace bra and all.
HEROES NEED SUPPORT

jiggle

u guys need to pop in the XIV thread :lol
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=371770&page=57

Big Papa Husker said:
are you saying that there is a beta code in the US version as well?

yes
nakazato in that thread got it to work already

Kagari said:
Code is for PS3 FFXIV beta chance?

it sounds like the same exact deal as the JPN pack in code

IonicSnake said:
About the beta/item code, does it come with the European version as well?

no idea
but i would think so?

Dresden

icarus-daedelus said:
Only if you back me up, I can't possibly handle the onslaught of Vanille hate alone. But I think I'm probably going to stay away from here until Amazon decides to be merciful and super saver-ship a copy to my cheap ass.

EDIT:

I can handle shifty accents in a fictional world; however, when your characters are supposed to be American and are the children of American characters, but sound like they are from a country thousands of miles across an ocean, well, that is harder for me to accept.
I agree with you on the accent issue. They really should have gotten Laura Bailey for Vanille instead of wasting her on Serah.

And I got your back.

Dark Octave said:
Yuri was a pretty likeable character.

I guess I won't mind that. Or do you mean the voice actor? I guess I won't mind that either. :D
He meant the voice actor, because Yuri is vastly superior to Snow. Troy Baker or something, I think, I might be wrong.

fernoca

The Square-Enix Members website (US) must be getting hammered..I can enter, but connection expires when trying to login.

belvedere

Junior Butler
How in god's name do you register this shit?

I already had a SE ID, then I made a "members ID", but see no place to actually register.

Edit: Just found it under the "collection settings" tab.

Fucking hell SE, this shit is as bad as PlayOnline.

:lol

Any word on what avatar items come with the special FFXIII 360 console?

I'm reading that the 360 version comes with avatar stuff instead of a FFXVI beta code. Does anyone know yet if the console comes with more avatar stuff, or was that what they were referring to in the marketing?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Absoludacrous said:
Any word on what avatar items come with the special FFXIII 360 console?

I'm reading that the 360 version comes with avatar stuff instead of a FFXVI beta code. Does anyone know yet if the console comes with more avatar stuff, or was that what they were referring to in the marketing?

Jihl and Yaag avatar outfits as well as the chocobo pet.

Dead

well not really...yet
Wow, there were tons of people at the midnight release

Btw. Limited Edition Guide = SMELLS SO GOOD WTF

ZeoVGM

Banned
fernoca said:
:O!!! Which website?

I thought the Square website where you register but I could be wrong. I'm IMing my brother in the other room to ask so that I don't have to go in and see the game being played. :lol

(1:30:15 AM) me: what exactly did he get for the code?
(1:30:16 AM) me: what item
(1:30:43 AM) Punt a Baby 26: 2 costumesss
(1:31:15 AM) me: did it say anything about an FF14 beta code
(1:31:31 AM) Punt a Baby 26: uhmmm
(1:32:05 AM) Punt a Baby 26: i dont see anything
(1:34:17 AM) me: what are the costumes? for the main character? do they do anything?
(1:34:25 AM) Punt a Baby 26: avatar
(1:34:37 AM) me: oh wtf they're not in-game?
(1:34:53 AM) Punt a Baby 26: You are eligible to receive two FINAL FANTASY XIII PSICOM Soldier uniforms for your Xbox Live® avatars because you registered FINAL FANTASY XIII for Xbox 360®!

Okay, so that's obviously a 360-only item. The beta must be PS3-only.

To the above poster: I don't think you get extras with the console but I could be wrong.

So the code doesn't give you any higher chance of getting in the beta than just applying from their website? I will register either way if I get a code.

It was a nice turn out at work and lasted up until 12:30 a.m. Before hand, it was interesting to get the opinions and thoughts from some FF fans.

mentioned only liking 12 and people looked like the wanted to shoot me :/

jiggle

IonicSnake said:
So the code doesn't give you any higher chance of getting in the beta than just applying from their website?

it doesn't increase your chance with PC version
but it does increase the PS3 version chance from 0% to ??%

Dresden

Urban Scholar said:
It was a nice turn out at work and lasted up until 12:30 a.m. Before hand, it was interesting to get the opinions and thoughts from some FF fans.

mentioned only liking 12 and people looked like the wanted to shoot me :/
If some Gamestop peon was harassing me when I was looking forward to some alone time with virtual characters, I'd be angry too.
Joking.

Duki said:
also lightning is a bitch, hope is a whiny pussy, vanille is a piece of shit and snow is almost tolerable but just left the party do dig through some fucking crystals.

sazh is great so far, just because he's a normal, competent, non-insane and functioning human being. breath of fresh air so far.

feels weird playing a game before americans, totally not used to it.

Vanille and Fang are probably the most badass characters seeing as (spoilers up till Chapter 8)
they were both fighting hundreds of years ago as Pulse L'Cie and they come from Gran Pulse aka monster land

fernoca

omg rite said:
(1:34:37 AM) me: oh wtf they're not in-game?
(1:34:53 AM) Punt a Baby 26: You are eligible to receive two FINAL FANTASY XIII PSICOM Soldier uniforms for your Xbox Live® avatars because you registered FINAL FANTASY XIII for Xbox 360®!

To the above poster: I don't think you get extras with the console but I could be wrong.
Awesome! :D
Thanks for the reply.
Loved your reaction to it being avatar items.. :lol

This is the most gorgeous game I've ever seen. I'm only about 10 minutes in, gameplay-wise...but I don't think I'll be getting sleep tonight.

wonkafest

Just registered the ps3 version, and got a code for a special in-game item for FFXIV. Then I clicked on the beta link, and on the application theres a space to put in the promo code from registering FFXIII

fernoca

I just remember that I never received my Chocobo avatar, so knowing my luck..I won't receive the avatar outfits neither... :mad:

cabottemp

Banned
i'm not sure if this game looks better than uncharted 2 yet, but it can certainly go toe to toe with it. anyway, played it for about an hour and a half. time to turn off the vidya games for this evening.

having fun with it so far, hope everyone else is enjoying it!

I set my alarm and went to bed early but I slept through the midnight release. No big deal. Can't play till after work anyway.

Seriously want to call in sick tomorrow though.. :lol

Jomjom

Banned
Since there's so much talk about FFXIII codes here, if anyone is not looking to register their 360 code I'm looking to buy/trade for it. I need it to reach my next tier before the March 31st deadline! PM please! I'm only going to post this this one time so I don't annoy everyone.

Kuraudo

Banned
Get up, go to work, blow work at lunch, get money, get FFXIII, drive home like a white van man, boot up PS3, insert FFXIII, transcend to higher plane of existence.

That's my plan for today.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
THIS IS HILARIOUS!!

The first guy in line for FFXIII at my EB Games' midnight launch is a PIMP! Funniest thing I've ever seen.. Note the top hat (with playing cards in it), ANGEL WINGS, pimp cane, shades... Lol this is too funny. :lol

I didn't snap the pic, but this cool chick in line went up and snapped it. He was pissed!! :lol

6d6b2796.jpg

I can't take all this positivity, GAF. Are you sure y'all don't hate the game? Any ugly textures or sharp knees encountered thus far?

Dresden said:
They really should have gotten Laura Bailey for Vanille instead of wasting her on Serah.

And I got your back.
That's a relief. It sucks that Hope has apparently gotten a better English VA than Japanese, while we're stuck with a poor botching of Australian bubblyness, or somesuch. Oh well, at least I'm not on Team Snow.

I'm not really familiar with Laura Bailey, but she was in Valkyria Chronicles, according to imdb, so I assume she's great by association. Who knows, maybe she'll make Serah (SEEERRRAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!) more tolerable?

omg rite said:
Has a 360 release of FFXIV even been announced yet? I don't think it has, although given that SE ported FFXI to the 360 I'm guessing there will be one.

Undubbed

You gotta give a few days. 1st hour impressions seem to always be positive even for mediocre games.

EDIT: Welp, time ta pick it up!

expy

Banned
icarus-daedelus said:
Has a 360 release of FFXIV even been announced yet? I don't think it has, although given that SE ported FFXI to the 360 I'm guessing there will be one.
Nope. MS was apparently in discussions with Square-Enix, guess that didn't fall through.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Pimp dude was way cool actually.. Later came around and gave out cookies. Good guy! :D

Undubbed said:
You gotta give a few days. 1st hour impressions seem to always be positive even for mediocre games.
True, true. Just wait until people find out that this game is 3/4 tubular and 1/4 pulse, albeit with the tube being the prettiest, most awesome tube ever made.

But I mean, the game apparently has a bad/boring start, so impressions can only go up from there, right? Right?!

Dresden

icarus-daedelus said:
I'm not really familiar with Laura Bailey, but she was in Valkyria Chronicles, according to imdb, so I assume she's great by association. Who knows, maybe she'll make Serah (SEEERRRAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!) more tolerable?
If the vaguely creepy pedobait actually turns out to be a good character, maybe. No one can save bad writing though.

I always bring her up because she does bubbly, cheery roles really well without it sounding awkward.

No FFXIII until Thursday is going to kill me.

remz

well Vanille's current VA sounds totally awkward.

I really like Lightning's butterfly knife gunblade thing though.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Isn't Snow's voice Kanji's voice? (Persona 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom