• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamanon

Banned
Hmm, and how can people hate on Snow? I love the guy thus far, even if he's a bit of an idealist. I actually like all the characters, although I only know a bit about Hope thus far. His personality makes sense for the current situation though.

BTW, I'm really surprised at how much emotion Square can coax out of the faces. It's better than Spirits Within by far, IMO.

remz

Tamanon said:
Hmm, and how can people hate on Snow? I love the guy thus far, even if he's a bit of an idealist. I actually like all the characters, although I only know a bit about Hope thus far. His personality makes sense for the current situation though.
Snow's just kind of... lame IMO

You just have to learn to love the bare boy-chest.
Rawr.

Firestorm

shwimpy said:
It also states that FFIV will be PS3-only (console-wise).
It actually uses the EXACT SAME careful wording that Tretton used at E3 :lol They're right. It's the only console you'll be able to play it on when it launches.

I'm happy so many people are loving the game, even though it starts slowly and it's auto-battle for first couple of hours. Proves again that GAF > Internet.

expy

Banned
Included inside copies of the initial production run of FINAL FANTASY XIII for PS3 are Campaign Codes printed on a special SQUARE ENIX MEMBERS Point Card. Players can register at SQUARE ENIX MEMBERS and receive a code to unlock the special FINAL FANTASY XIV limited offer.
Guess it's a limited time thing as well.

Dresden said:
You just have to learn to love the bare boy-chest.
Given the PS2's poor capacity for rendering abs, this is an impossible task.

Castor Krieg said:
I'm happy so many people are loving the game, even though it starts slowly and it's auto-battle for first couple of hours. Proves again that GAF > Internet.
But GAF is on the internet! I think you mean GAF > Amazon.co.jp. And I'm surprised, too. You people are getting me hyped again.

neojubei said:
http://twitpic.com/17hdma

2ce3dcx.jpg

Gamestop is ready.
looks like southlake.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
So...at what point is Square gonna be like "whoa what the dick we're all the way to 14 now? Hey dudes, check this idea: subtitles."

elohel

this will probably be the first ff game i beat

ive played 7 8 9 10 11 tactics(ps) but never beat em

i think it's really good so far graphics are pretty insane imo

So, is the 360 version really that bad? I preordered the PS3 version but something inside is telling me to get the 360 version (it's generally my console of choice). I looked at the huge eurogamer article and could literally tell no difference between the two, and installing all of the discs does not bother me one bit. Thoughts, GAF?

remz

Lost Fragment said:
So...at what point is Square gonna be like "whoa what the dick we're all the way to 14 now? Hey dudes, check this idea: subtitles."
FFXIII has subtitles.

God the Crystaliararararairum is confusing. how do you move to other disc things once you max one out?

Lost Fragment said:

I don't know what are you talking about - subtitles can be turned on and off in the menu.

expy

Banned
thewesker said:
So, is the 360 version really that bad? I preordered the PS3 version but something inside is telling me to get the 360 version (it's generally my console of choice). I looked at the huge eurogamer article and could literally tell no difference between the two, and installing all of the discs does not bother me one bit. Thoughts, GAF?
If you have the choice, stick with the PS3 version. That's pretty much the consensus everywhere.

Firestorm

OH MY GOD! The game is selling so poorly there are over 100 people lined up at most of the Canadian midnight launch locations :O Square Enix am bankrupt. Final Fantasy are irrelevant.
thewesker said:
If macroblocking in videos annoys you, do not get the 360 version. If it doesn't, then might as well.

I have a PS3 and 360 version pre-ordered. Gonna return the 360 version.

Cloudy

Banned
Lost Fragment said:

Umm, this game has subtitles as an option :p

shwimpy

Castor Krieg said:
I don't know what are you talking about - subtitles can be turned on and off in the menu.

Thank God... I developed a weird subtitles-OCD and I can't play/watch anything without them.

Firestorm

Lost Fragment said:
Probably by Final Fantasy 30. It's either go to Final Fantasy XXX or Final Fantasy: 30th Anniversary Edition.

Mileena

Banned
Firestorm said:
OH MY GOD! The game is selling so poorly there are over 100 people lined up at most of the Canadian midnight launch locations :O Square Enix am bankrupt. Final Fantasy are irrelevant.
Yea, I live in a suburb in FL and there was at least 90 people at mine. I was wowed because the MW2 one had maybe 140-150.

corkscrewblow said:
Yea, I live in a suburb in FL and there was at least 90 people at mine. I was wowed because the MW2 one had maybe 140-150.

Maybe Wada expecting 6 mil worldwide isn't so outlandish after all. I know a few big midnight launches isn't the best way to gauge this but word of mouth might really push it past what everyone was expecting.

Tamanon

Banned
remz said:
FFXIII has subtitles.

God the Crystaliararararairum is confusing. how do you move to other disc things once you max one out?

You don't, until the next chapter when they open up. It acts as a level cap basically for each story event.

Tamanon

Banned
He was just remarking on my rhetorical flourish. If there's a counterpoint to be made, you're damn right I'm going to use my traditional wording!

Zzoram

I'm not sure how I feel about the game yet, still in Chapter 1 but quite a while into it. Im not a fan of the manual camera controls, it feels way too floaty/drifty, probably due to acceleration or something. Combat seems almost chaotically fast, you don't really have time to make decisions so Auto-Battle ends up getting used the majority of the time, and there are only 2 attacks to choose from in Chapter 1. I wonder how hectic things will get when you actually have a huge selection of attacks and still only have 3 seconds to decide.

Anyone know what this is about?

Below you will find a unique promotional code, with which you will receive a FINAL FANTASY XIV secret in-game item, and a chance to be one of the beta testers of FINAL FANTASY XIV for PS3

I registered FF13 with the code in my game box, and got a promo code for FF14, but it says something to do with an in-game item.

1. Receive a FINAL FANTASY XIV Secret In-Game Item!
After the official launch of FINAL FANTASY XIV in 2010, you will receive a secret in-game item* by registering the FINAL FANTASY XIV promotional code during the registration process for FINAL FANTASY XIV.

I take it the "special item" will be revealed today or something? I went to register on the FF14 beta application just now and it says code invalid. Guess I need the secret game item first whatever that is.

Zzoram

I hope the bajillion secret trophies don't include to many easy to miss, only one chance achievements. I hate it when games do that.

What trophies are you supposed to unlock to get a theme off the BD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom