• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

LowParry

Do Collector's Catalogs stack in terms of its properties? (So if I equip say 3 of them on one character, do I get 3 times the chances of items dropping?)

Trickster

orioto said:
Just finished the game.... What the... ?? Is there any sense in all that:lol ???

Not unless you wanna grasp at straws. Even then though, not really no. Worst ending I've seen in a FF game out of the ones I've played.

so im 20 hours in now and overall the game still sucks ass, but goddamn is the battle system good. itd even be better than 12's if i could just fucking change characters in battle with the goddamn triggers so sazh doesnt act like a fuckup all the time casting enfrost on everyone before faith. on that note, who's idea was it to not let me pick my leader the instant i can make my own party?

Trickster

Anyone know where I can find some good guides about post-game stuff to do?

And also does anyone have some idea's about the best way to farm CP post-game, I have all my characters main roles crystarium stage 9's maxed out.

Meier

Zoe said:
Definitely time
So do people typically just use Vanille, summon and then death spam whole they're down? I keep getting it to about 2 million with regular fighting but then i end up dying once it roars and can't keep up my healing. :(

jiggle

Meier said:
So do people typically just use Vanille, summon and then death spam whole they're down? I keep getting it to about 2 million with regular fighting but then i end up dying once it roars and can't keep up my healing. :(

just retry right away when it stands up
death is only for the beginning
as you max out your Crystariums and upgrade your equipments
you can slowly switch over to fighting it normally

make sure to upgrade your 3 clay rings for everyone
this helps tremendously

start off fighting adamtortois the normal way first before adamantois since those are much weaker

Trickster said:
And also does anyone have some idea's about the best way to farm CP post-game, I have all my characters main roles crystarium stage 9's maxed out.

BehemothvsDog is still the best place to farm CP in endgame
but the difference now is u will be fighting turtles in between

doing 10 x behemouth fights will net you around 120k cp with growth egg, and around 3 tp
save
fight a turtle until it drops an ingot or trapz, and u'll get 80k cp

go back to farm tp/cp again then fight turtle again

Shadow780

Trickster said:
Anyone know where I can find some good guides about post-game stuff to do?

gamefaqs.

get
growth egg
as soon as possible, it's Mission 55, just spam death until you succeeds.

Then go to Edenhall and start farming Adamantoises, they give a whooping 80k CPs everytime with growth egg, equip collector's catalog and conn. catalog so you can get Platinum Ingot (sell for 150,000 gil) and Traps (for upgrading to tier 3 weapons) in the meantime as well.

There are youtube vids on how to beat Adamantoises with a underdeveloped party, mainly involves Sazh.

Meier said:

I never use summons or death, but I have a maxed out crystarium

jiggle said:
BehemothvsDog is still the best place to farm CP in endgame
but the difference now is u will be fighting turtles in between

I think the Ochu pack gives you more CP and also better items. The strategy is very interesting. Check the gamefaqs CP farming guide for more info.

Meier

schennmu said:
I never use summons or death, but I have a maxed out crystarium
I mainly meant people who are nowhere near that point. I did get 3 people to level 5 so far though. I just want to upgrade a weapon or two, dammit! :(

Thanks for the tips jiggle. I didn't even think about the clay ring tbh (doh!).

ok, so ive been saving cp with half my characters for the past 5 hours or so because i didnt like all 3 of their crystal sets, and had about 30000 each. i finally unlocked all 6 trees, and i notice that hopeless has some great debuffs. happily i shoot along, assuming that ill get the first 4 or 5 skills. like 2 seconds later, all my cp is gone! what the fuck is this bullshit? 10000 to get cura for snow when his main badass skills cost like 700? this game is broken as fuck.

Trickster

God's Beard said:
ok, so ive been saving cp with half my characters for the past 5 hours or so because i didnt like all 3 of their crystal sets, and had about 30000 each. i finally unlocked all 6 trees, and i notice that hopeless has some great debuffs. happily i shoot along, assuming that ill get the first 4 or 5 skills. like 2 seconds later, all my cp is gone! what the fuck is this bullshit? 10000 to get cura for snow when his main badass skills cost like 700? this game is broken as fuck.

Each character have 3 "main" roles. I believe Snow's are Commando, Ravager and Sentinel, all other roles for snow will cost you a sick amount of cp. Though later on cp seems pretty easy to get if you find the right spot to grind it out a bit.

Cep

Banned
Trickster said:
Each character have 3 "main" roles. I believe Snow's are Commando, Ravager and Sentinel, all other roles for snow will cost you a sick amount of cp.

Makes you wonder why they even bothered(seriously).

Cep said:

Even the extra roles aren't balanced. Why can Fang learn "enhanced" synergist spells while someone who actually has it as a default role can't?

At least they chose the best character to be broken.

Trickster

Cep said:

Yeah true, I was totally looking forward to maxing out all 6 roles for my character, then it turn's out that the 3 "side" roles for each character is this pathetic side role with hardly any stats or skills, and they cost a shit load of cp.

*sigh* I miss the spheregrid from FFX, best leveling system ever.

Yeah the fact that gaining roles outside of your main 3 isn't rewarding is a real poor choice. I can't really experiment with the characters. I wanted to make Light a Sentinel as that made more sense then her being a medic but screw that idea.

Cynar

Okay, I just killed the Long Gui without any elixirs or summons and had no problem. I was scared as hell during the beginning of the fight :lol but as long as you have a sen sen sen for ultima/roar and maxed out crystarium you'd be fine. I was almost scared to complete my last mission due to all the comments on here about them being so tough but as long as you can kill an adamantoise normally within 2 mins(without death of course) you'll have no problem taking these down. :D

Rahxephon91 said:
Yeah the fact that gaining roles outside of your main 3 isn't rewarding is a real poor choice. I can't really experiment with the characters. I wanted to make Light a Sentinel as that made more sense then her being a medic but screw that idea.

Vanille and Fang make excellent synergists due to Shellra and Protectra.

Cynar said:
Vanille and Fang make excellent synergists due to Shellra and Protectra.
I had no idea they had access to those abilities. I did think though, that they would be useful as Synergists. Hopefully a International version will allow us to really pick and chose the classes much easier.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Kagari said:
No, unfortunately.
Thanks for letting me know... I really doubted it, but I was curious. I'll probably pick up a Japanese copy for dirt cheap someday just to be a completest.

Trickster

Rahxephon91 said:
I had no idea they had access to those abilities. I did think though, that they would be useful as Synergists. Hopefully a International version will allow us to really pick and chose the classes much easier.

I'm not gonna buy this game twice just some fixes :lol

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Trickster said:
I'm not gonna buy this game twice just some fixes :lol
I'm glad you've got a head on your shoulders but many people in this world don't :lol

Well since its easier to import this time I have a feeling I will. I've already played through XIII 3 times and I'm sure I will find some fun in an International version.

KingJ2002

I finally beat the game after 60+ hours (did some grinding in gran pulse) and i got to say... this game is ultimately a disappointment... mainly because the entire time i'm playing through the game the story never grabbed me... in fact i spent most of the time confused and hating to hear "fal'cie, l'cie, etc.". Final Fantasy X had me the entire way through... i love the story and IMO it's still one of the best RPG's i've played because of it... but this... i felt so unattached to this game... but for the sake of seeing a decent ending I kept on.

I really cant say too much good on the gameplay either... the core battle system needs to be refined (the delay in switching paradigms is awful), the lack of a true open world annoyed me... I mean for there's too many areas i cant go back to
(and the damn owl plane was such a tease)
, the lack of being able to run from battles, the limited paradigm system, the crystarium inconsistencies... meh.. I cant see myself grinding for better weapons and going through the missions. I just wanted this to end... luckily i rented this from gamefly so it's going right back

i know there's some of you that will disagree with me but I just wanted to throw my 2 cents out there on this game... im hoping FFXIII Versus or FFXVI brings a better chapter to the FF games.

with so much hype and time to bring this game out... it left a really bad taste in my mouth.

IMHO Tales of Vesperia is still the best JRPG out on 360 / PS3

Le-mo

KingJ2002 said:
I finally beat the game after 60+ hours (did some grinding in gran pulse) and i got to say... this game is ultimately a disappointment... mainly because the entire time i'm playing through the game the story never grabbed me... in fact i spent most of the time confused and hating to hear "fal'cie, l'cie, etc.". Final Fantasy X had me the entire way through... i love the story and IMO it's still one of the best RPG's i've played because of it... but this... i felt so unattached to this game... but for the sake of seeing a decent ending I kept on.

I really cant say too much good on the gameplay either... the core battle system needs to be refined (the delay in switching paradigms is awful), the lack of a true open world annoyed me... I mean for there's too many areas i cant go back to
, the lack of being able to run from battles, the limited paradigm system, the crystarium inconsistencies... meh.. I cant see myself grinding for better weapons and going through the missions. I just wanted this to end... luckily i rented this from gamefly so it's going right back

i know there's some of you that will disagree with me but I just wanted to throw my 2 cents out there on this game... im hoping FFXIII Versus or FFXVI brings a better chapter to the FF games.

with so much hype and time to bring this game out... it left a really bad taste in my mouth.

IMHO Tales of Vesperia is still the best JRPG out on 360 / PS3
Agree with you 100% except on the Vesperia comment since Namco won't release it here in the US (PS3). Though I would place White Knight Chronicles as the best RPG I've played this generation.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Rahxephon91 said:

I guess the idea was that they wanted you to use characters in the entire party before sticking to your favourites. I know after I finished the game, I used Sahz and Sentinel once in my 30 hour post-game grind for very specific missions.

BeeDog

Yeees, finally got all 6 Traps from the Eden turtle. :D Got home from the university early today, and got the last two Traps in 20 minutes. Thank you, Goddess of Luck!

What the hell should I do now? :lol

Footos22

BeeDog said:
Yeees, finally got all 6 Traps from the Eden turtle. :D Got home from the university early today, and got the last two Traps in 20 minutes. Thank you, Goddess of Luck!

I hate you!

ive killed that turtle so many times ive actually maxed out everyones 3 main roles and still havent got 1 trap

just 1 thats all i need.
then ill just upgrade and dismantle a few times.
i have over 3 million gil now cos of the amount of ingots ive gotten but not 1 sodding trap

BeeDog said:

Finally create ultimate weapons for your main party. Also get Genji gloves if you haven't already. Then start killing Shao Long Guis for Dark Matter and create even more powerful accessories. K? :D

Rahxephon91 said:

It is pretty rewarding if you want to do certain things. med/med/med, rav/rav/rav, com/com/com, etc. can be very useful.

I also think it makes sense to give Fang certain battle specific buff abilities, because she is all about raw power!

Making the side roles "expensive" didn't bother me either. CP are easy to grind.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
The
Pulsian turtle
stopped dropping anything after I got my first trap. Why's that? :|

Should I switch to the other area?

desverger

schennmu said:
It is pretty rewarding if you want to do certain things. med/med/med, rav/rav/rav, com/com/com, etc. can be very useful.

I also think it makes sense to give Fang certain battle specific buff abilities, because she is all about raw power!.

Since my "main" party is Fang/Light/Sazh, I've been finding the COM/COM/COM paradigm very effective :p

Depending how much CP I gather from doing the last missions and such (I have the egg), I think I'll build on Fang's RAV role. Tri-Disaster is just too good to pass up!

Cep

Banned
Zoe said:
Being able to use three SEN in mission 64 was a godsend.

I suppose, but I never really did any of the missions past 20.

I have a simple rule when it comes to games: No grinding.

Not like the days of FF12 when I could take down Gilgamesh at level 17

Zoe

Cep said:
I suppose, but I never really did any of the missions past 20.

Not like the days of FF12 when I could take down Gilgamesh at level 17

I didn't have to grind to get to mission 64.

flyover

KingJ2002 said:

i know there's some of you that will disagree with me

Naw, I agree with just about everything you said, except that I loved the battle system. That's why I'll continue playing in Gran Pulse from time to time, but I'd never replay the whole game again.

I wasn't entirely disappointed with the game, I just wish the toughest thing in it was something cooler than a big dinosaur that casts ultima for no apparent reason. Basically it seems like the game devs were like "oh yeah, a challenge, um take that big thing that looks cool and give it a more powerful AOE. Awesome! Aaaaaand done!"

Choopy

Neo Member
Braz the Mad said:
I wasn't entirely disappointed with the game, I just wish the toughest thing in it was something cooler than a big dinosaur that casts ultima for no apparent reason. Basically it seems like the game devs were like "oh yeah, a challenge, um take that big thing that looks cool and give it a more powerful AOE. Awesome! Aaaaaand done!"

This.
Maybe one of those giant dragon things like in FFVII.

Cornbread78

Le-mo said:
Agree with you 100% except on the Vesperia comment since Namco won't release it here in the US (PS3). Though I would place White Knight Chronicles as the best RPG I've played this generation.

Wow, I have to agree, maybe it's because I'm only at the 5th chapter so far, but I liked WKC a lot better thus far. Let's just say I still get the theme music stuck in my head periodically, LOL

I've been told it get's better after Chapter 9 , so that's what I'm holding out for.

Zoe said:
I didn't have to grind to get to mission 64.

farming for weapon materials? farming for cp? that doesn't count as grinding?

I got tired of having to hold up on the analog stick for minutes just to reach the next 'mission' so I gave up early on due to the tedium.

Cep said:
For real. Every time I think of grinding, it reminds me of my friend who couldnt get past the snake in FF VII, so he just grinded outside the chocobo farm until he got to lvl 76, killed the snake instantly and moved on. Kid was nuts. he used to adjust the gameshark codes one character at a time just to see what would happen to his games. weird shit is what.

Zoe

mjemirzian said:
farming for weapon materials? farming for cp? that doesn't count as grinding?

Didn't upgrade my weapons till after that mission. Got all the necessary CP just from doing missions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom