• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cep

Banned
BocoDragon said:
I do not agree with the hyperbolic loathing this game has gotten. It's a bit disappointing in relative terms... I have expressed a bit of sentiment that it's not "all FF can be". The linearity is not something I accept. But how this is the game that inspires people to drop by with snide snipe comments along the lines of "yeah, this game is SO BAD lol"... I do not agree with at all.

Frankly, I think it's an overdog that certain people love to hate because it isn't A++. I'm certain of that. This is NOT a bad game.

I've put this game to bed, and while I had my issues, I think back fondly of it.

Yeah, not a bad game.

Very mediocre though (with some parts that are pretty bad).

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Cep said:
Yeah, not a bad game.

Very mediocre though (with some parts that are pretty bad).
Of course it had flaws. Hell yeah it did. The most beautiful environments in a game... and you run through them in a straight tube. The most epic style of storytelling I've ever seen (personally I ate the STYLE up)... and the weakest plot points known to man, from about 1/3rd into the game. I'd call it a mixed bag, for sure.

But then there's that battle system.... I thought it was intense and amazing. Switching up strategies and paradigms with fervor... it gave RPGs the rush of a fighting game. I have no complaints about it, except that I want to see that gameplay system expanded upon in the future. And the music, dear god.

It's flawed... yes, of course it is... but "SO BAD" etc... I can't agree with. Personally, I liked this very flawed game more than FFX...

GamaFu

Banned
Just get to the chapter 11, where all the grinding happens. I read about it in the reviews, but didn't realize that it is mandatory. The only way to proceed to the next chapter is to spend lots of time here. This just makes me sad. I enjoy the fighting, but I don't enjoy this much. Also, following the arrow doesn't lead to where the mission spot is. It just doesn't make sense. I guess I will move on to other games. Maybe someday when I am extremely bored, I will get back to it. I don't get why they can't distribute the fightings evenly throughout the game...

C.T.

RevenantKioku said:
Yeah, but what's the best purchasable items for the upgrading?

Depends on if you want to upgrade weapons, which need a lot of exp especially after you upgraded them to level 2 or accessory.

First you need to buy 36 of these slime drops?(don't know the english name, could be transparent ooze, it's organic material) to get 3 times as much experience points. Then you use perfect conductor (1600 gil). Try to just use as much perfect conductors you need. The game unfortunately won't till you when the item maxes. For high level equipment you should buy ultra compact reactors. They cost a whooping 50.000 gil but are cheaper per gil.

I finally got my platinum trophy (japanese version) :D )

edit: to unlock ultra compact reactors you need to finish a certain chapter or mission.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Beat it. Loved it. So good. All is forgiven to my lovely Square Enix.

Zoe

GamaFu said:
Just get to the chapter 11, where all the grinding happens. I read about it in the reviews, but didn't realize that it is mandatory. The only way to proceed to the next chapter is to spend lots of time here. This just makes me sad. I enjoy the fighting, but I don't enjoy this much. Also, following the arrow doesn't lead to where the mission spot is. It just doesn't make sense.

It's not mandatory. Follow the arrow to continue the plot.

Cornbread78

GamaFu said:
Just get to the chapter 11, where all the grinding happens. I read about it in the reviews, but didn't realize that it is mandatory. The only way to proceed to the next chapter is to spend lots of time here. This just makes me sad. I enjoy the fighting, but I don't enjoy this much. Also, following the arrow doesn't lead to where the mission spot is. It just doesn't make sense. I guess I will move on to other games. Maybe someday when I am extremely bored, I will get back to it. I don't get why they can't distribute the fightings evenly throughout the game...

This is the same spot I'm at and I haven't been purposefully "grinding" all that much. I've actually spent the past 5 gameplay hours on exploring the map since I was bottle down for chapters 1-10. I've done 5 or 6 missions that I will have to go back later to get the 5 stars on, but I'm going to continue the story to level up more while playing through the story. You don't really need to grind until after you finish the game and you're trying to get the shiny Platinum trophy. Again, not mandatory stuff, but could be fun when all is said and done.

profit

After leaving the game for a couple of weeks cause I was not able to get past
Cid Raines
in chapter 10. I pick the game back up today and I still cant beat this guy.....
Any tips/hints? I use lightning, Fang and Hope.

Cornbread78

profit said:
After leaving the game for a couple of weeks cause I was not able to get past
Cid Raines
in chapter 10. I pick the game back up today and I still cant beat this guy.....
Any tips/hints? I use lightning, Fang and Hope.

Here are the Paradigms I used

I started off with "Bully" to get Buffs then switched back and forth between Relentless Assault for 2 rounds of attacks (when he was in "Defensive mode", then Delta attack for 2 then Combat Clinic to heal and then Bully once the buffs wore off. Especially towards the end, the Sentinal is very important, as I stuck mostly to Delta Attack and Solidarity to finish off the round, rotating as his patterns changed. I healed up 1 last time right towards the end and just went Relentless Assualt until he finally died.

A lot of switches yes, but there's no bonus for getting extra stars. Take your time and play it safe if needed, if your still having trouble, you may need to lgrind some in the level to unlock stronger spells

profit

Cornbread78 said:
Here are the Paradigms I used

I started off with "Bully" to get Buffs then switched back and forth between Relentless Assault for 2 rounds of attacks (when he was in "Defensive mode", then Delta attack for 2 then Combat Clinic to heal and then Bully once the buffs wore off. Especially towards the end, the Sentinal is very important, as I stuck mostly to Delta Attack and Solidarity to finish off the round, rotating as his patterns changed. I healed up 1 last time right towards the end and just went Relentless Assualt until he finally died.

A lot of switches yes, but there's no bonus for getting extra stars. Take your time and play it safe if needed, if your still having trouble, you may need to lgrind some in the level to unlock stronger spells
I get everything down perfect, I can even stagger him one time. But when
he switches to his second form
he complete annihilates me. Maybe I'm just to slow.....
Going to go with your paradigms next try.

Edit: Engaged him again, had him on a sliver of health and then he goes berserk on lightning.... one shot kill....

Edit 2: I finally got him! thanks to a perfectly timed summon I finally got him! I even 4starred him

Dizzy-4U

Got the game last week. I'm in chapter 11 right now (35 hours) and finally the game is picking up for me. This place is so beautiful! Some monsters in here are pretty devastating though but I found a sweet farming spot where I can get 6600 CP a minute, so no worries there.

I'm not liking the characters very much. The only decent ones for me are Sazh and Fang but what troubles me about Sazh is that
he kinda recovers from his son's "death" pretty quickly
but anyways, he's pretty good.

Trevelyon

Are there any Adamantortoise left post Cie'th stone circle/Shaolong Gui appearance?

Not having the same 'death' luck with the lone(?) Adamantoise and even less luck with ignot drops (yes, I have everything equipped that I should... don't bother) and I have butt-ton of upgrading still left to do. ;_;

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Trevelyon said:
Are there any Adamantortoise left post Cie'th stone circle/Shaolong Gui appearance?

Not having the same 'death' luck with the lone(?) Adamantoise and even less luck with ignot drops (yes, I have everything equipped that I should... don't bother) and I have butt-ton of upgrading still left to do. ;_;

There's one on the Archlyte Steppes (somewhere in the middle area I think) and one in (location spoiler)
Eden roads-something before Edenhall

Trevelyon

Um, sure about the
Eden
one? Travelling back,there's a toise outside the hall and two chields on the highway before
Siren Park
. I'll keep going backwards to the start,
I remember there's one of three that comes out right at the start of that chapter.

Chris R

There just is some confusion about which version you are talking about. Don't think there are any Adamantortoise left, only Adamantoise.

As for getting death to work, I have no problem at all using an upgraded Malboro Wand, with Hope/Fang as my other characters.

Just set your paragidm to Sab/Sab/Syn, start with a summon, apply deprotect/deshell/imperil and then start casting death. With two level 5 Sabs and all the buffs and stuff I'm probably sitting at like a 95% death success rate before the thing gets its legs back.

Dave1988

Trevelyon said:
Um, sure about the
Eden
one? Travelling back,there's a toise outside the hall and two chields on the highway before
Siren Park
. I'll keep going backwards to the start,
I remember there's one of three that comes out right at the start of that chapter.

Well, you can spawn an Adamantortoise by redoing mission 63, which will also net you a Gold nugget for completing it.

Trevelyon

rhfb said:
There just is some confusion about which version you are talking about. Don't think there are any Adamantortoise left, only Adamantoise.

Figured as much. Checked back to the Skywalk and there wasn't any tortoise on Eden. Reading now that the only tortoise left is in mission 63, which is far too much back and forth to bother with (running low on patience here)

Just set your paragidm to Sab/Sab/Syn, start with a summon, apply deprotect/deshell/imperil and then start casting death. With two level 5 Sabs and all the buffs and stuff I'm probably sitting at like a 95% death success rate before the thing gets its legs back.

Yup, got Vanille/Fang/Sahz/SAB/SYN/SAB all lvl.5 in their respective classes, a Lvl.3 tier Malboro wand, with a Magistral Crest. So I shouldn't be struggling with any death casting stuff, but for some reason I've got no luck with the regular toise.

Sank the last two hours into the one on the steppe for a handful of kills and no drops, despite the catalag/connoisseur stacking across the team.

Chris R

Oh, it sounded like you were having issues KILLING them, not getting the items to drop :lol

Like I said, I can kill them 95% of the time, but getting anything to drop is just painful :(

Dave1988

The "best" farming spot for farming 'toises is Edenhall. You can infinitely respawn the Adamantoise that's right before the Sacrifice/ Boss section. To respawn it you just have to run up the stair leading to the aforementioned section and it will respawn. You don't even have to enter the door, just run close to it. It will still take you hours before you have enough gil to even attempt getting the Treasure Hunter trophy :lol

Trevelyon

Dave1988 said:
The "best" farming spot for farming 'toises is Edenhall. You can infinitely respawn the Adamantoise that's right before the Sacrifice/ Boss section. To respawn it you just have to run up the stair leading to the aforementioned section and it will respawn. You don't even have to enter the door, just run close to it.

Yeah, it's near a save point, but there's only behemoths and annoying enemies around, so TP re-charging becomes a hassle. I find it easier to mash a few goblins/gorgons in an instant with the champions badge/energy sash/fang's tp charge to get my TP back to 3 in one or two fights.

If you save at the point that's closest to the centre of Steppe, then fight the x3golbins/x5gorgons that are right next to the save point you can re-charge and the Adamantoise has made his way closer from the south eastern corner to the where you are, so you don't have to go chasing him down all the time.

So yeah, I'm partial to doing it on the steppe .

It will still take you hours before you have enough gil to even attempt getting the Treasure Hunter trophy :lol

I'm mostly good on all the accessories, outside of the Gold Watch and the handful of Dark Matter catalyst stuff. The weapons will take me the most time, with me assuming all of the base weapons are purchaseable from platypus/up in arms :?

Dave1988

Trevelyon said:
I'm mostly good on all the accessories, outside of the Gold Watch and the handful of Dark Matter catalyst stuff. The weapons will take me the most time, with me assuming all of the base weapons are purchaseable from platypus/up in arms :?

You need at least 5 million gil.

Trevelyon

Which wouldn't have been an issue pre-tortoise extinction. Was easily pulling down 400k per hour on average with that one tortoise standing backwards blocking the valley, near the save spot. Then I decided I wanted to upgrade my weirding glyph, to better my killing odds without shelling out for the dark matter, so I clear the cei'th ring and it all went to hell.

Diablos

Chapter 13 question: How long does it take to get through
Orphan's Cradle
? I would like to see the ending tonight.

Also, when done, I can go back to
Gran Pulse and do all the quests and stuff,
right?

Pooya

Diablos said:
Chapter 13 question: How long does it take to get through
Orphan's Cradle
? I would like to see the ending tonight.

Also, when done, I can go back to
Gran Pulse and do all the quests and stuff,
right?
it's pretty long, I say 2-3 hours, lots of annoying lengthy fights, shrouds are handy.
yes, you can get back there after that.

Been enjoying running around Ch.11 after turning back from the access point which will take me out to the next chapter. Snow/Vanille/Sazh starting as Com/Sab/Syn (w/Sazh given minor Medic capacity for backup) has been an awesome combo, easy 5-star on chapter end boss.

Snow/Fang/Hope worked about the same after that, but now shifted out of sheer preference to putting Snow and Lightning on the same team, with Hope an easy third for his magic damage and now that he has Haste. Lightning is set to start as a weak Saboteur right now (I gave up Fang's -ga spells for her) but I'm sticking with this setup for now.

I did like the reveal they had for her at the end of this chapter, which reminded me I had her benched for too long. But I had almost forgotten about her, which suggests all the forced scripted early goings-on failed to connect me to the characters any better than if it had the more open-ended gameplay available to begin with.

Been exploring and taking on whatever missions I can reasonably do right now (and may finally check a loot faq to know what is best to refight for future levelling), will move the story on soon.

Warning: long ass post to follow.

So I just beat it; 48 hours put down. I did 42 (I think) of the missions, and then decided to just go ahead and beat the damn game.

To start off, I had been following the game off and on, but I like to go into my anticipated RPG's knowing next to nothing. So I was honestly shocked when I started playing and I realized all the conventional/classic things were gone, i.e. no towns, no conversations, and basically one long tube of linear combat until Chapter 11. This left an immediate sour taste in my mouth, and one that I really couldn't shake for a while. Once I started getting deeper in the game, it did get better... for a short time.

Having said that, after finishing the game while I by no means think it's a bad game, it's an incredibly disappointing one for me.

First, the positives.
1. The production value: Unparalleled. The ingame cutscenes were definitely discernable from the CG but it was totally seamless and never jarred you like in the PS1/PS2 years.

2. Characters: I thought all the main characters were pretty well done and I definitely as a WHOLE cared about this group moreso then the ones in FF XII. Sure, there's a bit of the cliched angsty stuff going on, but for a lot of it, the emotions seemed realistic, and their arcs fit. I especially thought Sazh's stuff with his son was good. Yeah, Vanille was kinda annoying but I thought she was endearing too. I was worried though when I heard that Square wanted to make a "female Cloud" and to be honest, I think SE needs to stop trying to capture Lightning in a bottle (pun intended) again and just develop characters that the story and game seem fit.

3. The Battle System: Once you picked up the nuances of it, there was a good amount of variety, with how you wanted to play. Also, though not many RPG's have 'em these days, I definitely appreciated no random battles. I also liked how unless it was a boss battle, most battles could be won fairly quickly.

4. The pacing: There was a sense of urgency to the game, which was a different feeling for me playing an RPG. I have mixed feelings on this one to be honest, (see below) but I thought that the game kept propelling you forward so that was a good thing.

5. Quick replay after failing a battle: Nice feature. Used it a bunch, and definitely less frustrating this way.

6. Locales: Goes along with the production value, but some places were absolutely gorgeous. Gran Pulse looked amazing but...

And now the negatives...
1. The linearity: I know it's been said ad nauseum, but this was a huge sticking factor. Yeah, most RPG's give you the illusion of freedom, but aside from Chapter 11, never once was there even the remotest sense of exploration. To me, that's one of the most important things about an RPG; being able to explore another world... find a town or cave/dungeon and explore its nuances.

While I was playing this game, I was really trying to figure out WHY losing towns, shops, and essentially an Overworld bothered me so much. I think it's because in past RPG's, you have a sense of destination... you have somewhere you're going. Think back to the past FF's(or hell most JRPG's): your characters may have a conversation about going to South Figaro, or Nibelheim, and you set off, but if you want to dick around somewhere else before getting there... that's your choice. Once you get there though, there's a sense of accomplishment that you've reached a destination... you can explore, check out a shop, or talk with the NPC's there. In 13, I never had that sense of accomplishment in getting somewhere. For 80% of the proper game, there's really only one direction TO go with nothing else to do. It was always "get to the exclamation point and watch the cutscene."

That's one of the reasons why I think the locales, while they were great to look at, suffered. It would be like if you're trying to appreciate a city's architecture while you're zooming at 60 on the freeway. Aside from Gran Pulse, you never get a chance to appreciate it.

2. The chapter format: This could be personal preference, but I don't like this at all. Hell I didn't even like it in MGS4. I think it takes you out of the game, and arbitrarily subdivides it instead of making everything seem like a cohesive whole.

3. The music: *sigh.* This was really disappointing for me. While I think Hamazu did a noble effort, it just didn't strike me as... well... Final Fantasy. It's not just the lack of Uematsu's touch and leitmotif style, but rather that the music, while fitting, just wasn't that memorable.

Uetmatsu gets criticized a lot for being "too simplistic" and playing it safe. I'll be honest... for a series like FF, I prefer it that way. I want the music to ground me in familiarity. And aside from the Chocobo stuff, really no fan service... no Prelude and Prologue? Really? Hell not even the Victory Fanfare?

4. MORE conventions thrown out the window: These are less critical, but something that just annoyed me. Items are rendered completely useless. Aside from potions in chapter 1 and 2, and the occasional Phoenix Down, there's never a need to use an item. Ever. Also, while I thought the crystal grid wasn't too bad, Gimme a damn level (and not the 4 or 5 Role Levels that you can achieve.)

5. The lack of a proper antagonist: Well, I've read some of the past posts about Jihl and how she's wasted potential. Also,
Dysley
really had no depth aside from the basic "KNEEL BEFORE ZOD"-like personality.

Look, I don't want a Sephiroth, but how about a villain with some depth that we, the audience, can respond to with some degree of emotional investment?

6. Some convoluted story-telling: I think part of the problem is that the story jumps you right in... while I get that they're going for immersion, all it did was add to confusion as to what the hell was going on. I shouldn't have to read the summary in the datalog to figure out what's going on in the story.

7. Summons: Like the items... really worthless unless you need to save your ass if 2 of your party members die, and you're SOL.

So to conclude:
A friend of mine once told me that there was nothing worse then playing an average RPG since it's not bad enough to quit, but you feel compelled to keep going and ultimately you end up disappointed. While I don't think FF XIII is horrible, it's just... I think "all right." And you know, that fact saddens me more then if it had been a horrible mess.

You know, I've been playing JRPG's since the first FF (I'm an expert) and I find myself thinking that I might be falling off the franchise. Is it because I'm in my late 20's now, and just outgrowing them? I'll start to think that, but then I still get giddy with unbridled childhood glee for Mario Galaxy, a new Zelda, Megaman 9 and 10, etc. so I don't think it's really a reflection of me outgrowing games or anything. Looking back though, I wasn't the biggest fan of 12, and I kept telling myself that 12 was an experimental bump in the road. Now, I just think that SE is taking the series in a direction which I'm just not going to be that interested.

It saddens me. :(

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Whoa, they actually had Lightning refer to her birthday party as 'worst birthday ever' :lol

Enjoying this more and more as I play. Still nowhere near the awesomeness of XII, but a fairly solid game, it seems.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Well there are a few tracks that sound FFish to me like the prelude, the piano theme, the battle theme, and the music at the Archlyte Steppes. :p

Blader

I'm about halfway through chapter 11, and am starting to get worried that I'm going to have to do a lot of grinding just to get forward with the main story.

I really hope that's not the case, because that was what really killed XII for me.

Lightning

Banned
Blader5489 said:
I'm about halfway through chapter 11, and am starting to get worried that I'm going to have to do a lot of grinding just to get forward with the main story.

I really hope that's not the case, because that was what really killed XII for me.
Depends how quick you are at shifting through paradigms and how good your strategy is.

You do not need to grind at all to defeat anything in this game, povided you know what you are doing. The bosses/emeimes of this game have set patterns and are incredibly predictable about what they are going to do.

Zzoram

Is there a faster or similarly fast but more consistent way to grind for money than Adamantoise? It takes me so many tries to get a lucky Death off, and I'm so poor. I'm done ~81% of the missions 5 star, I just have to do 51, 53, 54, 56-64.

I need money to finish upgrading all my accessories/weapons.

Loto

Zzoram said:
Is there a faster or similarly fast but more consistent way to grind for money than Adamantoise? It takes me so many tries to get a lucky Death off, and I'm so poor. I'm done ~81% of the missions 5 star, I just have to do 51, 53, 54, 56-64.

I need money to finish upgrading all my accessories/weapons.

There are some better places if you haven't finished the game yet. If you stay with Adamantoise try just killing w/o using Death.

Zzoram

Loto said:
There are some better places if you haven't finished the game yet. If you stay with Adamantoise try just killing w/o using Death.

I can't kill Adamantoise without Death, or at least not any faster than needing 4 attempts to get a lucky Death (each Death attempt lasts just under 2 minutes).

Adamanchelids are easy to kill though, they barely hurt me now.

flyover

IAmtheFMan said:
long ass post to follow.
Thanks for posting that. Really good recap of the game. My feelings were largely similar to yours: disappointed, while acknowledging that the game isn't necessarily bad -- and is even highly successful in some important aspects. (Though, unlike you, I liked the music.)

I agree with you that one of the better parts of the game was the cast of characters. At first, I thought they all (with the exception of Sazh, the game's everyman) were standard JRPG cardboard cutouts. It took me several hours in to realize that was the point. Those stereotypes were just starting points, which gave them all room to grow into something more. And they actually did evolve -- though I wish Vanille had evolved past communicating through chirpy grunts and giggles. Even if the execution wasn't flawless, I appreciated the effort the writers put into character growth.

Loto

Zzoram said:
Wow, I had heard about how awesome Sazh's Blitz is, and now I understand why. He can hit the same target multiple times, which is not the way Blitz works for everyone else.

I guess I should try this. It still requires TP farming though.

Yeah nice vid. TP farming is my hang up now. I can beat them w/o summon/death but it requires me to actually pay attention.

I just Treasure Hunter then I will have plat.

Lightning said:
Depends how quick you are at shifting through paradigms and how good your strategy is.

You do not need to grind at all to defeat anything in this game, povided you know what you are doing. The bosses/emeimes of this game have set patterns and are incredibly predictable about what they are going to do.

I couldn't clear this game (and every other RPG) without grinding until my thumbs fell off, so nobody else could possibly have done better. :D

Shadow780

Zzoram said:
Wow, I had heard about how awesome Sazh's Blitz is, and now I understand why. He can hit the same target multiple times, which is not the way Blitz works for everyone else.

I guess I should try this. It still requires TP farming though.

If you've passed
Eden Hall
, there are two groups of enemies near where Adamantoise walks by. Make your team such that:

Sazh
Energy Sash

Fang/Vanille:
Energy Sash
Growth Egg
Collector Catalog
Connoisseur Catalog

Lightning
Lionheart/Ultima Weapon
Energy Sash
Survivalist Catalog
Champion's Badge
*those two gives TP recharge synthesized ability in addition to Energy Sash

Have 3 TPs to start with, after the battle with Adamantoise you'll have 2TPs back, fight the two groups of enemies, you'll have 3 TPs again. S/L, repeat.

And gradually you can defeat turtles w/o summon, and it'll be even faster.

Hi guys. I have gotten to chapter 8. I started reading about how to get the treasure hunter achievement and am sort of freaking out. I have dismantled all of my non-starter weapons to this point. However, I have not touch my accessories.

What do I need to do to make sure I do not miss the treasure hunter achievement during pre post game? I read somewhere I should have already gotten a few elemental rings, but I believe I may have missed one or so.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
I guess my unfamiliarity with RPGs will help in the long run since I have not broken down a single weapon or accessory. And I saved the components that have upgrade points in the thousands for the Lionheart (thanks to this thread!). Just returned to cocoon and got that, upgraded right up to level 9. :lol

What are the other weapons I should be looking out for or have equipped for the other characters?

I read elsewhere you get to go back to Pulse after finishing the story so I left there with about 30 of the hunt missions completed.

Two final questions: are there certain accessories I should be leveling up for future encounters? So far I have just focused on leveling the better bangles, and a few of the collector/survivalist items. And what level does the Chrystarium go up to? 9? Even the 100K all around after beating Barthandulus again didn't manage to do much with every move costing 10K CP. I've got every character to level 4 of the skills the game slotted them with. Seems like so far other than fights where I need a Sentinel to provoke half a dozen lizard enemies I'm best off with Lightning/Vanille/Sahz since casting haste seems to be a huge deal in terms of getting a fight over with before something dumb happens.

I should finish it up by the end of next weekend and then I'll see how I feel about the rest of the hunts.

Zzoram

Shadow780 said:
If you've passed
Eden Hall
, there are two groups of enemies near where Adamantoise walks by. Make your team such that:

Sazh
Energy Sash

Fang/Vanille:
Energy Sash
Growth Egg
Collector Catalog
Connoisseur Catalog

Lightning
Lionheart/Ultima Weapon
Energy Sash
Survivalist Catalog
Champion's Badge
*those two gives TP recharge synthesized ability in addition to Energy Sash

Have 3 TPs to start with, after the battle with Adamantoise you'll have 2TPs back, fight the two groups of enemies, you'll have 3 TPs again. S/L, repeat.

And gradually you can defeat turtles w/o summon, and it'll be even faster.

I used this setup in Gran Pulse to farm Adamantoise after I read this and saw that video. Way better than the Death-based luck farming.

Blader

Fighting Dahaka now...maybe I just suck, but it definitely feels like the game has taken a sudden and sharp turn into cheapness. 2.5 million HP and an attack that can inflict every status ailment possible? Fuck off with that.

I remember there was a boss in XII who did the exact same thing, and I stopped playing because of that. :lol

Cep

Banned
Blader5489 said:

I am a hater of grind, and definately feel comfortable in saying that FFXII did not necessitate grind.

As a matter of fact, it was really easy to become overpowered.

Surely not as well paced as X(or even the artificial FFXIII), but it was actually much better than many of the previous ones.

Blader5489 said:
Fighting Dahaka now...maybe I just suck, but it definitely feels like the game has taken a sudden and sharp turn into cheapness. 2.5 million HP and an attack that can inflict every status ailment possible? Fuck off with that.

I remember there was a boss in XII who did the exact same thing, and I stopped playing because of that. :lol

Loved that boss, the game was starting to get boring before I got to him.

Garjon

Blader5489 said:

Veil Veil Veil Veil Veil Veil. Abuse it. Also, make sure you have a two medic paradigm (since for some reason, Medics will not use all ATB gauges). Make sure you equip anti-Daze equipment just in case one of it's attacks get through and if it uses Pain/Fog, use Dispelga.
The most important thing about this boss is to know when to go on the defensive; when the sky changes colour, be prepared to go to a healing paradigm.
This the first point IMO when buffing/debuffing becomes absolutely essential. But don't feel put off by its HP, it may make the battle longer, but there's no real penalty in taking your time (well, at least in most cases)

neoism

so guys I have 7 mill, and need to buy all the weapons in Gilgamesh's shop, and make 4 3 teirs and 10 2 teir is that enough, I started fighting Turtles at 106 hours, I have 148 now,:lol :lol something tells me I took waaay too long. I have all accessories but 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom