• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
miladesn said:
just a reminder! OST PLUS comes out tomorrow!

Japan or US?

Might as well get it since I'm in Japan. :D

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Zoe said:
No, I really like it.

Yay, not alone.

But I also like Eyes on Me so I bet I'll really be the only one to say this.

Zoe

ULTROS! said:

I like Eyes on Me too. Also, Real Emotion and 1000 no Kotoba.

I do not like Suteki da ne or Kiss Me Good-Bye.

ULTROS! said:
Yay, not alone.

??? Is it rare to like Eyes On Me?

Isn't it a blockbuster success? (The Album for it sold very well)

_________

Oh yeah anyone else LIKE "My Hands", I love it!

Nolan.

Fenderputty said:
That's what I was thinking. One of the reasons why the end of the game is bothering me a little.

I'm fine with the thinking that fang and vanille somehow let them free, but still don't understand why they couldn't let themselves be free as well.

Is this just one of those things that we have to live with never knowing?

Maybe there's a limit on how many times you can bear the brand and ''escape'' scott free. Them being in crystal stasis is probably some kind of prelude to them becoming a falcie later on themselves, mainly because I don't quite understand why it took the two to summon ragnarog reguardless of the other's ''wish'' to not be alone. Also I found it strange how all of the Pulse Falcie you come into contact with just seem devoid of the kind of cunning that the falci's on Cocoon seem driven by. I would like a game set more on Pulse than Cocoon

ULTROS!

Darthdevidem01 said:
??? Is it rare to like Eyes On Me?

Isn't it a blockbuster success? (The Album for it sold very well)

_________

Oh yeah anyone else LIKE "My Hands", I love it!

I think that's the only FF vocal that I don't like.

I love Suteki Da Ne though. :p

Blizrad

Neo Member
Zoe said:
I like Eyes on Me too. Also, Real Emotion and 1000 no Kotoba.

I do not like Suteki da ne or Kiss Me Good-Bye.

I like them all:lol
I don't think FF have really bad themes, just good and ... less good. I've noticed how people tend to dislike songs from FFs they haven't played. For example, I don't like some songs from the Distant Worlds album but that's mainly because I haven't experienced them in Midi format in the original game:lol

Threi

notag
The OST is alright, hate the main theme though.

I think this game has the best boss theme in the entire franchise though.

Also, I like Fang's theme

and also this one: Atonement. Used in cheesy, cringeworthy scenes, but the music is still really good.

f-castrillo

Neo Member
Blizrad said:
I like them all:lol
I don't think FF have really bad themes, just good and ... less good. I've noticed how people tend to dislike songs from FFs they haven't played. For example, I don't like some songs from the Distant Worlds album but that's mainly because I haven't experienced them in Midi format in the original game:lol
I think I'm still more of a fan of a Uematsu style soundtrack. FFXIII was alright in my book, and aside from those few standout tracks mentioned, most songs were "OK". I'm spoiled by the melodical goodness that Uematsu brought to the series, and I know there are people that prefer Hamazu's more ambient/non-melodical renditions over Uematsu, but I still like Uematsu's compositions over anyone else's.

That said, the tracks that I actually like out of FFXIII are really awesome. It makes me wonder why the rest of the soundtrack couldn't be up to snuff with those select songs

Chris R

Cornbread78 said:
Can you farm the turtle in Chpter 12, or do you have to go back after the game when your stronger?
That turtle is what I'm farming at the moment. Basic cycle is kill turtle with summon/death method, kill soldiers between me and the next zone, touch the door (but don't zone!) and come back and kill the turtle again. Then continue running past where the turtle was back down the stairs. On either side of the highway there are signs attached to the guard rails. Sneak your way to either side that deep, and then run back to the turtle area. All the soldiers you killed for TP will have respawned, so kill them, touch the door, kill the turtle and so forth. I'm getting damn close to being able to just kill the turtle, because when I can do that, I just kill the turtle, touch the door, and so forth. A single trap drop would probably push me over the can't kill yet line :(

Threi

notag
need some gameplay tips just to start me off: What do you do (read: Upgrade) when you start ch. 11? I just kinda upgraded everyone's weapons to lvl 2-4 (I know that you should use organics first and then the other parts) and I upgraded an accessory to see what it would do...which is pretty much nothing.

Also, what the hell are the transformational catalysts for? Maybe I should just keep playing? :lol

Threi said:
The OST is alright, hate the main theme though.

I think this game has the best boss theme in the entire franchise though.

Also, I like Fang's theme

and also this one: Atonement. Used in cheesy, cringeworthy scenes, but the music is still really good.

I love the music but the character themes just aren't good apart from snow's (one of my fav FF character themes) & Vanilles.

Lightnings sounds too familiar, fang's sounds like a EPIC scene music piece...not a theme a character should get, hope's theme is forgettable, sazh's jazz theme is garbage

Gattsu25

Banned
Threi said:
need some gameplay tips just to start me off: What do you do (read: Upgrade) when you start ch. 11? I just kinda upgraded everyone's weapons to lvl 2-4 (I know that you should use organics first and then the other parts) and I upgraded an accessory to see what it would do...which is pretty much nothing.

Also, what the hell are the transformational catalysts for? Maybe I should just keep playing? :lol
I wouldn't bother with upgrades until you have a decent amount of parts and/or cash. Reposted from earlier:
Gattsu25 said:
Group components by type.

Get a high multiplier by using beast parts (components with an icon that looks like fangs, I guess). Get your multiplier up to 3X.

Then use mechanical components (screw icon) to level up with your 3X multiplier. Note that it's better off if you use a high quantity of items (at once) to build up or use your multiplier. Don't use too much though (e.g. if an item only needs 10 bomb cores to build up a 3X multiplier, don't use 30). It's a juggling act and the math is never shown so you just have to get a feel for it.

When you get the item to its max level the level indicator will be replaced with a star. Then you need to use a single special component (forget what the icon looks like off hand) to upgrade the weapon the next tier.

Each weapon has 3 tiers. The EXP (or EXP multiplier) that each item gives you varies per weapon as well as per weapon tier.

Good luck.
edit: small fix

Pooya

Chinese version launch party.
1274968342140wv26.jpg

1274968971052pm5c.jpg

1274968351085h8w0.jpg

Husker86

darkwings said:
at first i didnt knew what stagger lock was good for, but now i understand it is for stagger maintainence
Huh? Stagger lock means you can't trigger a stagger on an enemy (you can still build the bar though). It's a negative, but the weapon stats are usually higher; good for commando.

Darthdevidem01 said:
The OST Plus is out today!

It sucks. There are only 16 or so tracks and most of them are just variations of other songs, like Sunleth without the shitty lyrics. Which is an improvement, let's not kid ourselves, but I don't find anything remotely great about it. Two of the tracks is just music used in some of the trailers and the rest are mostly the same songs but without choir.

Pooya

brandonh83 said:
It sucks. There are only 16 or so tracks and most of them are just variations of other songs, like Sunleth without the shitty lyrics. Which is an improvement, let's not kid ourselves, but I don't find anything remotely great about it. Two of the tracks is just music used in some of the trailers and the rest are mostly the same songs but without choir.
yeah, it is disappointing, it's not worth getting.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
brandonh83 said:

It's definitely not worth $30.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
cosmicblizzard said:
How popular is FF in China? Will that push worldwide sales up to 6 mil like Wada wanted?
How much are they at atm?

Vanille

brandonh83 said:

The alternate title theme is really good (I almost prefer it over the original), but yeah, the rest isn't so great. Would have been nice to have some new arrangements instead of just instrumentals.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
miladesn said:
That's incredibly impressive. I'm sure they'll make 6mill sometime.

ULTROS!

So... Will FFXIII outsell FFX?

How much copies did FFX sell?

Rpgmonkey

Darthdevidem01 said:
I love the music but the character themes just aren't good apart from snow's (one of my fav FF character themes) & Vanilles.

Heh, I couldn't disagree more.

The character themes are almost the only songs out of FFXIII's whole OST that I think stand out as some of the really, really great songs in the series' history.

I am starting to hate this game. I hate the repetitive ass music, stupid upgrade your weapon/accessories mechanic, lack of towns, and lack of true exploration. This and FF12 both suck for directly polar reasons.. why can't they make a complete FF anymore?

Yoshichan

Byakuya769 said:
why can't they make a complete FF anymore?
Because fans don't allow them to.

Yoshichan

Byakuya769 said:
What do you mean?
I don't know, really... I think I might be talking out of my ass, but from what I understand, "fans" want Final Fantasy to revolutionize something every single game. The result? This.

Again, out of my ass.

Yoshichan said:
I don't know, really... I think I might be talking out of my ass, but from what I understand, "fans" want Final Fantasy to revolutionize something every single game. The result? This.

Again, out of my ass.

Ah ok. That makes sense. You keep trying to reinvent the wheel, you may end up with some sorry ass wheels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom