• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Fimbulvetr said:
That's just evil....

Make a Vaan avatar too.:D

14s2vk.jpg

rush777

Hey guys I'm at the end of the game doing the missions and grinding for weapons etc..
And I was curious as to what my stats should be for me to start farming the adamantoise sp? without using vanilles Death trick. Right now I get stomped out in one attack.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
rush777 said:
Hey guys I'm at the end of the game doing the missions and grinding for weapons etc..
And I was curious as to what my stats should be for me to start farming the adamantoise sp? without using vanilles Death trick. Right now I get stomped out in one attack.

I suggest when you complete their main/primary roles, that's the time you can start farming Adamantoises. The other trick is to summon then attack spam with buffs. Also recommend getting 3rd tier weapons at high levels.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I actually don't find Lymle that bad, but I'm playing in Japanese so that might be why. Well having not played this game in 2 months I'm going to have to decide if I should start over, or continue where I left off when my HK copy gets here. :lol

ULTROS!

InfiniteNine said:
I actually don't find Lymle that bad, but I'm playing in Japanese so that might be why. Well having not played this game in 2 months I'm going to have to decide if I should start over, or continue where I left off when my HK copy gets here. :lol

Play it in English. :D

rush777

ULTROS! said:
I suggest when you complete their main/primary roles, that's the time you can start farming Adamantoises. The other trick is to summon then attack spam with buffs. Also recommend getting 3rd tier weapons at high levels.

Awesome thanks ULTROS.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
ULTROS! said:
Here's more:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlN4E-1I80Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p4uoeimMEM

After watching these, it's safe to say now that FFXIII's English Vanille is a bit more tolerable I think. :D
I think my ears are trying to kill themselves now... I'll keep my copy of SO4 with Japanese VA thank you very much.

I was actually fine with Vanille's English VA in my playing through chapter 11. :lol It'll be a bit weird playing through the rest with Japanese VA.

ULTROS!

I still loved SO4 though (was very fun) minus the voice acting and the shitty
Edge
drama. :D

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
CruxisMana said:
I was actually really looking forward to it until they started releasing voiced trailers. :p
I'm guessing your lack of purchase is due to only owning a 360 then. :lol
I actually held off buying a copy for my 360 hoping a dual voiced verison would be released somewhere or on the PS3. Such a long wait for someone who is a huge fan of Tri-Ace.

ULTROS!

InfiniteNine said:
I'm guessing your lack of purchase is due to only owning a 360 then. :lol
I actually held off buying a copy for my 360 hoping a dual voiced verison would be released somewhere or on the PS3. Such a long wait for someone who is a huge fan of Tri-Ace.

Yay, I'm not alone. :D

I just feel bad for not getting into EoE because I suck bad at SRPGs.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
ULTROS! said:
Yay, I'm not alone. :D

I just feel bad for not getting into EoE because I suck bad at SRPGs.
It's a good thing I also happen to be a big fan of SRPGs! I've actually been getting off to higher difficulty in terms of games, so the mechanics are pretty welcome to me. Still stuck on a damn boss though.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
CruxisMana said:
Haha. I'd forgotten the PS3 version has both English and Japanese VA...

Well then... I might pick it up if I can find it cheap. ;D
Joke? Or misinformed?

It doesn't have both VA.

Chris R

I can finally kill the Eden turtle without spamming death :D Takes me two minuets, but YES! Now I can farm them super quick.

edit: Well now I've received two Traps in the span of like 10 kills when I was probably 70+ kills with just ingots. Does the game provide enough space to hold every weapon/accessory I need to get the Treasure Hunter trophy or is there a limit of like 99 items or something? Plan now is to get everything I need upgraded minus the three ultimate weapons I don't have Traps for yet and then disassemble Vanille's weapon for those three, go to the robot and get the trophy and revert my save. Just want to know if I need to start throwing accessories and/or weapons away or not :|

Minamu

rhfb said:
I can finally kill the Eden turtle without spamming death :D Takes me two minuets, but YES! Now I can farm them super quick.

edit: Well now I've received two Traps in the span of like 10 kills when I was probably 70+ kills with just ingots. Does the game provide enough space to hold every weapon/accessory I need to get the Treasure Hunter trophy or is there a limit of like 99 items or something? Plan now is to get everything I need upgraded minus the three ultimate weapons I don't have Traps for yet and then disassemble Vanille's weapon for those three, go to the robot and get the trophy and revert my save. Just want to know if I need to start throwing accessories and/or weapons away or not :|
I assume you're going for the platinum/1000 points? If so, don't bother with reverting your save or disassemble weapons for additional traps. You'll get enough traps to upgrade every single weapon in the game to tier 3 before you get enough ingots to max every accessory etc. You'll definitely be able to hold every at the same time. But it's not necessary to actually have every single item in the inventory at the same time. Once you've held each item, you can do whatever you want with it. You don't even need to actually equip them either.

Chris R

Yes, I'm going for Platinum. I was only going to disassemble to get bonus Traps because my drop rate was horrible. I'm talking like 1/70, but now I'm sitting at like 3/15. Only two more to go, so I might have them, I might not, since while I wasn't getting many Traps, I was getting a ton of ingots. Need to just get my checklist ready and start upgrading stuff.

Minamu

You need over 40 ingots to cover the costs. you're bound to get all the traps you'll ever need in that time :) With 5 stars and the bonus drop rate from accessories, both traps and ingots have a drop rate of 25+% IIRC.

Minamu said:
You need over 40 ingots to cover the costs. you're bound to get all the traps you'll ever need in that time :)

As I said before, you don't need that much if you're willing to do some item selling/juggling.

I had around 2.5 million gil and I was able to get Treasure Hunter by selling everything off as I upgraded it. I only had 20k leftover afterward. Keep in mind I had already upgraded my main team's weapon but that shouldn't be a problem.

Minamu

True, selling your stuff would of course lower the costs quite a bit. Didn't see your post about that. I just happened to stumble upon the thread again :) I don't know if anyone here prefers to have a "perfect save" with every item maxed etc but if you don't, go ahead and sell all that stuff.

SomeDude

Banned
FF13 feels exactly the same way blue dragon does. It's story and characters are simply "there."

Nothing in this game comes close to any of the awesome scenes of celes or kefka in ff6. None of the scenes match sephiroth or clouds awesome flashbacks in ff7.

The story and characters are just "there."

I had just unlocked the SO4 themed clothing in RoF, and was immediately reminded of the ridiculous voice acting and dysfunctional characters of SO4. Damn. Looks like I'm scarred for life.

rush777

What is the optimal time to take on all of the missions and upgrade my weapons? I've tried a couple A rank missions and I'm still getting worked due to lack of HP and Defense. Do you guys suggest I beat the game and expand my Cyrstarium and level my 3 primary roles to max?

I think thats what Ultros was saing to me earlier but i just wanted to clarify again because I'm stoopid.

rush777 said:
What is the optimal time to take on all of the missions and upgrade my weapons? I've tried a couple A rank missions and I'm still getting worked due to lack of HP and Defense. Do you guys suggest I beat the game and expand my Cyrstarium and level my 3 primary roles to max?

I'd take a go at upgrading your weapons now. If you haven't touched them yet, you should have plenty of money and resources.

And definitely beat the game, then go back to the A rank missions.

rush777

CruxisMana said:
I'd take a go at upgrading your weapons now. If you haven't touched them yet, you should have plenty of money and resources.

And definitely beat the game, then go back to the A rank missions.

Cool thanks, I should have clarified I'm almost fully upgraded for my 3 main characters(Light, Fang, Hope) I just need to farm for cash which is difficult because the Adamantoise work me:D, and the A ranks were doing the same hehe thanks again.

Just beat the game yesterday. Second form was a killer and took me all day. About eight hours of trial and error.

1) Cherub band (or whatever it's called) level up to 45% death resistance.

2) Poison.

3) Win.

Beautiful game, but one of the more forgettable Final Fantasies.

Hela

Hela said:
It's the only one I gave up on doing. I'd sooner lose the will to live than get all the gil needed to upgrade everything, it's just too tedious and boring.
I have to eat my words - I was so bored that I did it, but of course I hate myself quite a bit. Farming the turtles made me never want to see this game in my house ever again, I enjoyed it overall though. Not as much as FF12, but still.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Galvanise_ said:
I haven't read up on this anywhere, but why did they not include the victory fanfare for prelude music in FFXIII? Felt weird without them in there.

Nope. No classic Final Fantasy sounds/music except for the chocobo theme in this game.

Alucrid

Banned
Man, I need some motivation. I've been stuck on Chapter 9 since release and haven't had the willpower to play it at all, it just feels like a huge grind kinda.

I guess I should ask this as well, is there a certain weapon that's best for each character or does it really not matter once they're fully upgraded?

Gamefaqs to the rescue.

Cloudy

Banned
I'm on Chapter 11 and I saw the cutscene to
follow the Pulse falcie to the Oerba village
. Only issue is that I've been wandering about that map on and off for days and when I get to the destination, there's nothing there and the map sort of overlaps. WTF?

Chris R

Are you in
Obera
? If so just head
down towards the water, there is a school house there, and then go towards the bridge. You head up and find a save point just outside of a building, go inside, and up some stairs. From there you should be on a bridge and be able to go straight to the next thing

I've had probably 30+ ingots drop but since I've basically upgraded two of my 3rd tier weapons to star rank I'm probably going to need more. I have my checklist and a nice FAQ telling me exactly what parts to buy in what quantity to get them upgraded for the cheapest amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom